Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR View Post
    im using a dell right now, but its not that great... its cheap tho
    that's why it's great, cuzz it's cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by warlock110 View Post
    that's why it's great, cuzz it's cheap.
    but emachine is cheaper trust me, do not buy e machine, it is a piece of junk. i think the emachine i bought 3 years ago broke after 3 months of use.

i prefer to build my own PC

my current computer is a sony
    number of piercings - 8 and counting.

<3 them.

im using a HP comp. its pretty good.

but emachine is cheaper trust me, do not buy e machine, it is a piece of junk. i think the emachine i bought 3 years ago broke after 3 months of use.

dell is cheaper if you know HOW to buy them... i remember the day of the server SC400 that was pretty fun (P4 for like 150 bucks) haha. they stop doing that because of the abuse.

I've always used HP notebooks all this while and compaq desktops HP's great and Compaq's very average

I will most probably try the sony vaio labtops or apple notebooks in the future coz their designs and styles are really irresistable I thought of buying that as an extra notebook when suddenly I recall I already have 3 notebooks at home ***sigh: All are HP brands Sort of regret buying my lastest HP notebook a month back after seeing the catalogue for sony vaio notebooks.They look really cool though their prices are so uncool

How I wish to have one of those vaio series one...the white and pink one...oooohhh

Acer seems to be the worst Almost all friends who have one of acer's kids are complaining and are hot visitors for the customer service centre

Quote Originally Posted by Raenon View Post
    I've always used HP notebooks all this while and compaq desktops HP's great and Compaq's very average

I will most probably try the sony vaio labtops or apple notebooks in the future coz their designs and styles are really irresistable I thought of buying that as an extra notebook when suddenly I recall I already have 3 notebooks at home ***sigh: All are HP brands Sort of regret buying my lastest HP notebook a month back after seeing the catalogue for sony vaio notebooks.They look really cool though their prices are so uncool

How I wish to have one of those vaio series one...the white and pink one...oooohhh

Acer seems to be the worst Almost all friends who have one of acer's kids are complaining and are hot visitors for the customer service centre
    laptops aren't about brand, the component inside are essentially the same. you really have to break down to what you need when it comes to notebook, there's only a few things that you should take notice

1) CPU: power or battery? if you gonna use it as a station then power because it'll always be plug in, if you gonna lug it around, then go for less power and longer battery life (CPU that has speed steps)
    2) screen: how big? this is relating to #1. 14-15" is casual, 12" is compact, and 17"+ is stationed
    3) Do you need a seperate graphic card? game? yes? no? ect..
    4) How big is the HDD? laptop? 60GB should be enough, how fast you want the HDD? 5400RPM? 7200RPM? cache?
    5) How much RAM? 1GB? 2GB? i like 1GB it's good enough for a small power computer
    6) Battery size? some laptop has larger than average battery = longer battery life
    7) most important point, PRICE, how is it compare to the other laptop with the same spec?

laptop is very limited in terms of stuff u can plug in the dang thing, so it's much easier to choose than a desktop, again i would buy a dell, i scored one for 750 like 3 years ago, with a pentium M, that was real slick, until today that thing is still fast enough for most application.

for computer i don't go brand, i go price, cheapest i can get for what i need, not cheapest computer that i won't be able to use.

Quote Originally Posted by warlock110 View Post
    laptops aren't about brand, the component inside are essentially the same. you really have to break down to what you need when it comes to notebook, there's only a few things that you should take notice

1) CPU: power or battery? if you gonna use it as a station then power because it'll always be plug in, if you gonna lug it around, then go for less power and longer battery life (CPU that has speed steps)
    2) screen: how big? this is relating to #1. 14-15" is casual, 12" is compact, and 17"+ is stationed
    3) Do you need a seperate graphic card? game? yes? no? ect..
    4) How big is the HDD? laptop? 60GB should be enough, how fast you want the HDD? 5400RPM? 7200RPM? cache?
    5) How much RAM? 1GB? 2GB? i like 1GB it's good enough for a small power computer
    6) Battery size? some laptop has larger than average battery = longer battery life
    7) most important point, PRICE, how is it compare to the other laptop with the same spec?

laptop is very limited in terms of stuff u can plug in the dang thing, so it's much easier to choose than a desktop, again i would buy a dell, i scored one for 750 like 3 years ago, with a pentium M, that was real slick, until today that thing is still fast enough for most application.

for computer i don't go brand, i go price, cheapest i can get for what i need, not cheapest computer that i won't be able to use.
    As long as my labtop works fast enough for me,has good battery life and has sufficient memory store all my documents,it will be good enough

I know labtops aren't about brand but different brands have their own designs which makes brand my concern Labtop has an extra concern to be looked into which is the design and feel especially when you are one who lugs your notebook around.For me,the design affects part of my decision in buying a notebook.I don't wish to be seen hugging a monster rusty notebook walking around the hospital That is so unflattering

For desktops,their design looks all the same to me and you don't lug your desktop all around the street so even if you got a dinosaur desktop,you can still think of ways to hide it in one of the darkest corner of your house If I were to choose a desktop,design won't be even a concern for me

i don't know if i'm jaded, but generally speaking my electronics aren't very stylish, they works but style is not something i place at the top of the priority list....

I'm not sure which one's the best. I've tried Compaq before and it's not the best for sure. I would never buy an emachine even though it's the cheapest cause I heard from others beside Lunar that it wasn't good. HP it depends if you're lucky you end up with a good one. My family have HP both as desktop and notebooks, some good and last long and some bad that don't last long. My sister had a notebook and within a few months it had problems booting up, and it had to be sent back to HP cause Best Buy couldn't fix it. HP customer service was bad, they just prolong before they were willing to fix it even though under their policy they must fix it for free cause it hasn't expired yet. I don't know about Dell or Gateway, never had either. The problem with Apple is that it's not compatible with lots of things, for example the Sony digital camera we just got. So it might not be a good one for those that wants lots of options. I heard the Apple is good for people who like to make pictures cause it looks better than other computers.

Quote Originally Posted by Raenon View Post
    I know labtops aren't about brand but different brands have their own designs which makes brand my concern Labtop has an extra concern to be looked into which is the design and feel especially when you are one who lugs your notebook around.For me,the design affects part of my decision in buying a notebook.
    shit, i agree with u
    i wouldn't buy something that i would be seen luring around in public with if it looks ugly even if the performance or the "inside" is really good =X
    but what? did i hear a white and pink laptop? sony vaio too? i trust sony n i'm need of one too for college this fall..hmm. *searches*

<3 them.

Quote Originally Posted by imthatlady View Post
    shit, i agree with u
    i wouldn't buy something that i would be seen luring around in public with if it looks ugly even if the performance or the "inside" is really good =X
    but what? did i hear a white and pink laptop? sony vaio too? i trust sony n i'm need of one too for college this fall..hmm. *searches*
    Have you heard of laptops where you can design your own skin(cover)? I want! I want!

Quote Originally Posted by GuGu View Post
    Have you heard of laptops where you can design your own skin(cover)? I want! I want!
    what? even better *searches*

<3 them.

Quote Originally Posted by imthatlady View Post
    what? even better *searches*
    Oh, it's with Dell. Go to their site and look for Notebook Skins. I want it!

if u buy anything from dell, remember to search for coupons! they always have coupons that give 10-30% off most of thier products. just go to google and type "dell coupons"

if u buy anything from dell, remember to search for coupons! they always have coupons that give 10-30% off most of thier products. just go to google and type "dell coupons"
    I get it through work and I get a good discount with a plan that doesn't charge me interest for up to 2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by GuGu View Post
    I get it through work and I get a good discount with a plan that doesn't charge me interest for up to 2 years.
    u are very smart poker tonite?

u are very smart poker tonite?
    LOL, thanks to you I'm going to order a laptop now. I'll be on when I get home tonight, in about 3 hours.