Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hearing Singers Sing Live...

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    Clay's voice + my favourite song in the world = a very nice performance. I don't care if he's gay or not.
    Aiken's not a gay where do u heard tat from?Aiken is fantastic

Default Eric Suen and Hins Cheung (Canto)

Go East's 2 hottest singers right now:

Eric Suen and Hins Cheung singing Hins' "Xiao Wang Shu" live at Eric's "Cruiser 903" concert on Aug 05 2007 -- pity it's a little cut-off though...: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWbZIQYE1GM

Eric Suen and Hins Cheung singing Eric's "Si Qian Lian Hou" live at Hins' "Music Now" concert Aug 18 2007 -- full version. Hins does the first verse solo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRoA_nUe5wI

For comparative purposes, here are the music video versions by the respective soloists:

Hins' 'Xiao Wang Shu': http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeeKb_NHBoI
    Eric's 'Si Qian Lian Hou': http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgHaFxA7f1M
    Sir, more than kisses, letters mingle souls,
    For thus absent friends speak.
    ~John Donne

live singing i see everyday.... no big deal or anything
    yeaa, there are some that sing awesomely well like fayne wang.... but theyre age and matureness brings everything down
    these days, its more of the younger singers with talents that take over.... like jay chou, david tao, wang lee hom etc.
    maybe some of u guys on this thread are quite out of the teenage years.... but i doubt theres a lot of teenagers that like han hong or any other older singers these days (with the exception of andy lau) even if they are overrated, they are still active in donations or "dai yan", unlike some (i hardly ever see them on most entertainment news and stuff)....
    晨晨曙光 魏你闪亮 ♥ WEI CHEN
    实力偶像 魏晨最棒
    海外乐橙支持

Quote Originally Posted by Leanna View Post
    maybe some of u guys on this thread are quite out of the teenage years.... but i doubt theres a lot of teenagers that like han hong or any other older singers these days (with the exception of andy lau)
    the typical teenager is also the one who doesn't know how to identify america on the map, or any other country.

just because they don't care about how singers sing live, it doesn't mean the rest of us shouldn't either.

Bon Jovi - Livin' On a Prayer (Live8 Concert)
    - Great song + great performance + large crowd participation = awesome concert experience
    - Need to turn the volume up when listening to this song
    - Do any of you like Richie Sambora used of the talkbox?

Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody (Live at Wembley)
    - Live version is different from CD version.
    - Freddy Mercury owned the stage. He was one of the greatest singers ever. What a tremendous voice.

Led Zeppelin = Whole Lotta Love & Stairway to Heaven
    - incredible unique sound
    - The greatest rock band ever!

Quote Originally Posted by 0-0-0 View Post
    the typical teenager is also the one who doesn't know how to identify america on the map, or any other country.

just because they don't care about how singers sing live, it doesn't mean the rest of us shouldn't either.
    ahahha, thanks for insulting
    i see live singing too much so i really dont care about that crap..... anyways, so i guess ur gonna praise han hong until she dies and miss out all the new incomers that are more talented that her
    晨晨曙光 魏你闪亮 ♥ WEI CHEN
    实力偶像 魏晨最棒
    海外乐橙支持

live singing i see everyday.... no big deal or anything
    yeaa, there are some that sing awesomely well like fayne wang.... but theyre age and matureness brings everything down
    these days, its more of the younger singers with talents that take over.... like jay chou, david tao, wang lee hom etc.
    maybe some of u guys on this thread are quite out of the teenage years.... but i doubt theres a lot of teenagers that like han hong or any other older singers these days (with the exception of andy lau) even if they are overrated, they are still active in donations or "dai yan", unlike some (i hardly ever see them on most entertainment news and stuff)....
    WTF?!? Music is for the ears, not for the eyes. Who cares if they're old, as long as the music is good. I'm sorry to say this, but teens today are way too shallow and empty minded. Their attention span lasts a second and all they care about is image without artistic value. When I was a teen, I had no problem liking The Beach Boys and so were my friends. I don't know what the parents feed today's teens, but they're awful.
    Last edited by Canuck21; 09-10-07 at 12:38 AM.
    My obsessions: Joy Division, New Order, Bones, The Office.

Do bears bear? Do bees bee?

i see live singing too much so i really dont care about that crap..... anyways, so i guess ur gonna praise han hong until she dies and miss out all the new incomers that are more talented that her
    Who says the newcomers are more talented? Surely it's not the empty minded teens of today that will convince me otherwise.

I'm a simple person so I like simple things. I don't need a big spectacle to impress me. I don't need a dance show nor a light show full of special effects. All I want is to see the artist sing the songs and play their instruments. I also don't care how the artists dress and look, I simply don't need all that extra stuff, just the raw performances (with flaws) make me happy.

The Clash - I Fought The Law
    - AWESOME, that's all I can say about this video

Queen - Under Pressure (Wembley Stadium, 1986)
    - Great song, amazing performance

Below is my favourite band(s). I like seeing their progression and regression. No matter what, it's still my favourite band(s) in the world. I hope that you guys and gals have the same chance as me and like an artist that has a long history because it makes following their career very interesting. Unfortunately, I think that this is it for New Order fans; they're splitting after 27 years, 31 years if you include their time as Joy Division .

Joy Division - She's Lost Control and Shadowplay (Pub in Alltrincham, 1979)
    - Amazing footage of one of the most influential post-punk band

New Order - Ceremony (Estoc De Pop, Barcelona, 1984)

- My favourite song played with high speed, different from the studio recording versions

New Order - True Faith (Reading Festival, 1998)
    - The tightest they've ever been and seeing Barney (singer, guitarist) and Hooky (bassist) happy together is a rare thing to see

New Order - Warsaw (John Peel Day, 2005)
    - Older (and fatter), going back to their roots and playing a Joy Division song

24 Hour Party People
    Control
    Last edited by Canuck21; 09-10-07 at 12:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck21 View Post
    WTF?!? Music is for the ears, not for the eyes. Who cares if they're old, as long as the music is good. I'm sorry to say this, but teens today are way too shallow and empty minded. Their attention span lasts a second and all they care about are image without artistic value. When I was a teen, I had no problem liking The Beach Boys and so was my friends. I don't know what the parents feed today's teens, but they're awful.
    Case in point, here's the Beach Boys performing "Surfer Girl" live on the T.A.M.I. SHOW back in 1964.

I'm a simple person so I like simple things. I don't need a big spectacle to impress me. I don't need a dance show nor a light show full of special effects. All I want is to see the artist sing the songs and play their instruments. I also don't care how the artists dress and look, I simply don't need all that extra stuff, just the raw performances (with flaws) make me happy.
    Kids these days. They just don't get rock 'n roll.

The Beatles, "I'm Down," 1965 at Shea Stadium (New York) - rock 'n roll, down and dirty the way it should be!

Well i respect your opinion that singers who sing well live shouldn't be treated as better singers as those who sing well on recording.

lucky you that you don't have to listen to album songs, only live singers.

you're the type of person who makes other think that us teenagers are all complete idiots.

Contrary to your opinion, Han Hong is not the only singer I like.

define newcomers who are more talented.
    I sincerely hope you didn't mean Cyndi Wang.

Steven Ma, with his deep and melodious voice, sings wonderfully. Imo, his rendition of Shanghai Tan was wonderful, righ behind Frances Yip's. This man can act, can sing, let's see if he can dance too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-nOwai8_AY

Yanzi.. one of best live singers around today imo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-Sp5...related&search=
    Silence All These Years h/k live

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-02D...related&search=
    Wo Bu nan Kuo .. h/k live

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLrGb...elated&search=

Taiwan live
    Last edited by Just_Me; 09-10-07 at 11:55 AM. Reason: wrong song title.

another awesome live from stef..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLD93...related&search=

Quote Originally Posted by 0-0-0 View Post
    Well i respect your opinion that singers who sing well live shouldn't be treated as better singers as those who sing well on recording.

lucky you that you don't have to listen to album songs, only live singers.

you're the type of person who makes other think that us teenagers are all complete idiots.

Contrary to your opinion, Han Hong is not the only singer I like.

define newcomers who are more talented.
    I sincerely hope you didn't mean Cyndi Wang.
    hahah i cant buy albums anyways
    aha, and i seriously dont mean cyndi wang hahhh idk? ill probably get backfired if i name one

and wait, hahh u sound like ur 30 or something, no offense
    but anyways, i am one of those crazy weirdo dorkyhead so it doesnt matter
    晨晨曙光 魏你闪亮 ♥ WEI CHEN
    实力偶像 魏晨最棒
    海外乐橙支持

While I agree that pop these days bases too much on looks and not enough on talent, I don't think everyone should be attacking people who like pop. Each to their own and it's not necessary to set a condescending tone.

Quote Originally Posted by yearning View Post
    While I agree that pop these days bases too much on looks and not enough on talent, I don't think everyone should be attacking people who like pop. Each to their own and it's not necessary to set a condescending tone.
    There's nothing wrong in liking pop. If it's good, it's good. The problem here is that some people are putting down an artist just because he/she is old. No one has said anything about pop in this thread.

Since you mentioned pop though, I must admit that I have less respect for pop artists because most don't write their own songs, but rely on others to do the one thing that music artists should do, music. Many pop artists are just nice packages wrapped nicely by producers. Still, I can appreciate any pop song no matter who thought of the song and therefore I can't condone others for liking pop either.
    Last edited by Canuck21; 09-10-07 at 10:10 PM.

There's nothing wrong in liking pop. If it's good, it's good. The problem here is that some people are putting down an artist just because he/she is old. No one has said anything about pop in this thread.

Since you mentioned pop though, I must admit though that I have less respect for pop artists because most don't write their own songs, but rely on others to do the one thing that music artists should do, music. Many pop artists are just nice packages wrapped nicely by producers. Still, I can appreciate any pop song no matter who thought of the song and therefore I can't condone others for liking pop either.
    umm there are some that do... jay chou??
    goshh, and its not like they dont work hard or anything
    晨晨曙光 魏你闪亮 ♥ WEI CHEN
    实力偶像 魏晨最棒
    海外乐橙支持