Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hearing Singers Sing Live...

Quote Originally Posted by GuGu View Post
    LOL! Have you heard of Hayley singing Amazing Grace? OMG! It's truly amazing.
    Yeah. I've heard her sing Amazing Grace and she's truly amazing singing that song.

Amazing Grace
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUdcLlMxNCo

Wuthering Heights
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkTF5DRBxpI

You can see the difference in quality. Maybe she identifies more with 'Amazing Grace', so, she can sing that song with more feelings.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Quote Originally Posted by Just_Me View Post
    Yanzi.. one of best live singers around today imo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-Sp5...related&search=
    Silence All These Years h/k live

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-02D...related&search=
    Wo Bu nan Kuo .. h/k live

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLrGb...elated&search=

Taiwan live

she sounded better singing live and we talking about singing "live"

some that write dont always sing the best, which is why there are "composers" and "singers"
    晨晨曙光 魏你闪亮 ♥ WEI CHEN
    实力偶像 魏晨最棒
    海外乐橙支持

Quote Originally Posted by Leanna View Post
    some that write dont always sing the best, which is why there are "composers" and "singers"
    Then there are those who are average to bad singers who also do not write nor compose. There are all kinds of artists out there, you don't have to point out every combinations.
    My obsessions: Joy Division, New Order, Bones, The Office.

Do bears bear? Do bees bee?

Thumbs up 粱靜茹 夜夜夜夜

Fish Liang Jing Ru - Night Night Night Night

The Stone Roses - Waterfall ('Other Side of Midnight' circa March 1989)
    - Presented by Tony Wilson, RIP. A tight performance, although the song is not too hard to sing. The highlight is the excellent drummer.

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck21 View Post
    The Stone Roses - Waterfall ('Other Side of Midnight' circa March 1989)
    - Presented by Tony Wilson, RIP. A tight performance, although the song is not too hard to sing. The highlight is the excellent drummer.
    Reni is a god.

Here's the French singer Mylene Farmer.

Je me rends ton amour live
    Je me rends ton amour MV

Some more stuff she wrote, but asked someone else to perform.

Alizee - J'en ai marre

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    Agree. A singer should be able to sing live. If s/he can't sing live, s/he is not a good singer. I have more respect for singers who can sing live.
    Fei Lun Hai *can* sing live, but that "Zhi Dui Ni You Gan Jue" made me lose respect for them, rather than feel any respect that they did it live. I think if you're famous and can't sing live for shit, it might be better to just lip sync, even if it kills the point of singing live.

JJ Lin seems to sings really well live At least in the youtube videos I've seen...I even prefer his live "Jiang Nan" in the below video to the album one. Some pretty decent English too - well, I guess he is Singaporean

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ycte8VaJIQ
    "Jiang Nan," "Killing Me Softly," "Xiao Shuo," "Jian Jian Dan Dan," "Hui You Na Me Yi Tian," "Ju Li"

Makes me really want to see him live. From Wang Leehom's concert where JJ was a guest, I can also say that JJ sings better (although WLH gets credit for his 10+ instruments, 1600 SATs, and not to mention good looks...those abs!). JJ also obviously sings better than Jay Chou (who looks like a bulldog, can't enunciate for life; although he writes decent songs he'd be better off getting MrIllusion to sing them ) I just wish JJ didn't have his horrible hip-hop songs...his ballads are what really bring out his *WOW* voice.

So, can you guys tell that I really love JJ Lin haha?
    I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know? -Ernest Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    JJ also obviously sings better than Jay Chou (who looks like a bulldog, can't enunciate for life; although he writes decent songs he'd be better off getting MrIllusion to sing them ) I just wish JJ didn't have his horrible hip-hop songs...his ballads are what really bring out his *WOW* voice.

sparky dear..though i wud realy like the idea of having mr. i sing jay's songs (omg i remember how good mr i's an jing was go mr i), il have to say that i stil think jay stil sings decently well, i admit he does not hav the best voice nor can he perfectly pronounce the lyrics well but i think he has got his own unique style as for jj, i think he sings good but i stil like jay, leehom n david tao more simply bec i find each of them has got unique style of singing just my 2 cents
    大爺來了﹗

想唱就唱, 唱得向亮! 力揚加油

MAGIC SHOOTER HISASHI MITSUI!

Fei Lun Hai *can* sing live, but that "Zhi Dui Ni You Gan Jue" made me lose respect for them, rather than feel any respect that they did it live. I think if you're famous and can't sing live for shit, it might be better to just lip sync, even if it kills the point of singing live.
    no, i'd still prefer to see a live concert than one with them lip syncing, even if they suck.

JJ Lin seems to sings really well live At least in the youtube videos I've seen...I even prefer his live "Jiang Nan" in the below video to the album one. Some pretty decent English too - well, I guess he is Singaporean
    JJ lin sounds pretty decent live. I prefer his songs to Lee Hom's, but Lee Hom is infinitely more attractive JJ lin has released some pretty good albums and his latest album is pretty good as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ycte8VaJIQ
    "Jiang Nan," "Killing Me Softly," "Xiao Shuo," "Jian Jian Dan Dan," "Hui You Na Me Yi Tian," "Ju Li"

Makes me really want to see him live. From Wang Leehom's concert where JJ was a guest, I can also say that JJ sings better (although WLH gets credit for his 10+ instruments, 1600 SATs, and not to mention good looks...those abs!). JJ also obviously sings better than Jay Chou (who looks like a bulldog, can't enunciate for life; although he writes decent songs he'd be better off getting MrIllusion to sing them ) I just wish JJ didn't have his horrible hip-hop songs...his ballads are what really bring out his *WOW* voice.

JJ sings awesome live... although some of his hip-hop songs are just really plain and doesnt stand out
    he also sings way better than jay, cause on one of his concerts, he sang jay's "hei se you muo" and it was likee wayy better
    i think maybe if he didnt try hip-hop that much... it might improve his popularity

as for faherenthiet, the song is really good.... tempo, lyrics, melody and stuff
    its just the recording sounded 100 times better and hebe also live singing sounds pretty bad too, along with them
    something i cant stand about SHE is that their new song is always about some other artist.... like the one on yuan wei ren, jay chou, and mayday its quite bizzaree
    晨晨曙光 魏你闪亮 ♥ WEI CHEN
    实力偶像 魏晨最棒
    海外乐橙支持

Quote Originally Posted by 0-0-0 View Post
    no, i'd still prefer to see a live concert than one with them lip syncing, even if they suck.
    Oh I'm with you on this. Unless if it's really really awful, complete debacle, I rather hear a live performance as flawed as it is rather than a lipsync.

Thumbs up Mariah Carey

Last edited by BlueBelle; 09-30-07 at 07:10 PM.

Jay Chou (who looks like a bulldog, can't enunciate for life; although he writes decent songs he'd be better off getting MrIllusion to sing them )
    Yay, you're my best friend Sparky! Finally someone who hates Jay Chou as much as I do...ahh, the bulldog comment cracked me up so much!

Quote Originally Posted by yearning View Post
    Yay, you're my best friend Sparky! Finally someone who hates Jay Chou as much as I do...ahh, the bulldog comment cracked me up so much!
    no kidding even if I stare at him for hours, I still can't find anything good about his looks
    I hate how he ruins his songs by singing so unclear, you can't seem to ever understand the lyrics
    晨晨曙光 魏你闪亮 ♥ WEI CHEN
    实力偶像 魏晨最棒
    海外乐橙支持

Quote Originally Posted by Leanna View Post
    no kidding even if I stare at him for hours, I still can't find anything good about his looks
    I hate how he ruins his songs by singing so unclear, you can't seem to ever understand the lyrics
    Very good example of his mispronunciation.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=FsITVthw04U

Going off the Jay Chou topic for a while, does anyone have hi-quality clips of A-mei (Zhang Hui Mei) singing live? I first heard her voice this weekend and I'm WOW I would be quite disappointed if she doesn't sound as nice live.

And rather OT (well not really since there are comments on Fei Lun Hai's lovely live singing of the song), but zomg! JJ Lin composed "Zhi Dui Ni You Gan Jue"? No wonder I like the song!
    I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know? -Ernest Hemingway

Amei is a great singer. Here's a her recent live performance.

一眼瞬間(feat.蕭敬騰)

Watch out for 蕭敬騰 (Jam Hsiao) cuz he's going to be star. He will release his debut album next month. This guy has a great unique voice. Below are some sample clips of him.

- 夢一場 (original singer 那英)

- 背叛 (original singer 曹格)
    performed at Taiwanese idol show called 超級星光大道.

- 霍元甲 (original singer jay chou)
    He puts jay chou to shame. he sings this song so much better than jay that jay should stop singing this song. here's jay's version
    Last edited by jay_z; 11-19-07 at 05:07 AM.

Last week, i went to Oracle annual conference in San Francisco. At the end of the conference, they have a free concert. This year the performers were Billy Joel, Lenny Kravitz, Stevie Nicks and Fleetwood Mac, and not the lesser known like En Vogue and the English Beat with Dave Wakeling.

Billy Joel sang all these old songs that I have never heard before. After 30 minutes, I went over to stage 2 to watch Lenny Kravitz. He was rocking. One downside was Lenny's show lacked the light show that was Joel's had.

Here's a clip posted by one of the attendee.

But i can't complain since everything was free (bus ride, concert, unlimited food and drinks (soda, beer, wine).

i'll be back next year.