Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Create Your Own Wuxia Character! Game #4

Quote Originally Posted by IcyFox View Post
    ers' statistics should not exceed 6/10 for both Inner Power and External Techniques (End game). Unless, the player is playing the role of the Big Bad Boss or that the player will NOT take part in active combat.
    Wait a moment, are you serious about that? The big bad guy will kill off everyone then if they only possessed such stats. Unless, of course, 6 is equal to Sweeper Monk.

OK, then let's modify it slightly.

The Big Bad Boss (and other non-martially active players) is/are limited to a max of 8/10 for all stats, where (for examples):

8/10 (Qinggong) - Wei Yi Xiao (HSDS)
    8/10 (Techniques) - Huang Yao Shi (L/RoCH)
    8/10 (Neigong) - Hong Qi Gong (L/RoCH)

6/10 (Qinggong) - Tian Bo Guang (XAJH)
    6/10 (Techniques) - Zhu Zi Liu (L/RoCH)
    6/10 (Neigong) - Qiu Chu Ji (L/RoCH)

Note : Powerful non-martially active players are ONLY allowed to retaliate if attacked.

TommyH, why are you still follow the original title of 'Create Your Own Wuxia Character! Game' instead of using Wuxia RPG Game #4'? Just curious.
    Last edited by kidd; 05-25-07 at 10:29 AM.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Haha, I just like to create character statistic but writing the story is quite tiring and need great commitment. I may just create a character and not join the game at all.

I'd be interested in participating as a minor character this time, good or bad depending on the manpower requirements.

But before that, I'm suggesting the following modifications to the rules:

1. Players should have min. 300 posts OR have joined before December 2006.

2. Players' statistics should not exceed 6/10 for both Inner Power and External Techniques (End game). Unless, the player is playing the role of the Big Bad Boss or that the player will NOT take part in active combat.

Following that, I'm suggesting the following additional rules:

1. Players who had been disruptive (i.e. trolling, spamming, non-compliance with game rules etc.) should not be allowed into this game, unless reccomended by at least 3 other ACTIVE players.

2. Players who do not play for 60 days or 200 in-game posts can be considered inactive and their characters can be killed off unless specified (explicitly) otherwise.

These are just suggestions to safeguard the enjoyment of the players. Have fun!

Thank you IcyFox! I will add that to the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    TommyH, why are you still follow the original title of 'Create Your Own Wuxia Character! Game' instead of using Wuxia RPG Game #4'? Just curious.
    I dunno. I guess I just like to keep to the original name. At first, when I created #1, I didn't really expect to make this into a RPG-type game (hence the name isn't Wuxia RPG) but we soon developed it into a action-packed, well-written, and exciting game. It just doesn't feel right to change the name. It's like a franchise, if you know what I mean.

And Kidd, you should take part in the game and hopefully as a major character too. The game probably isn't going to start anytime soon. Take your time to decide.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman View Post
    Thank you IcyFox! I will add that to the rules.
    Count me in then.

NAME : KONG LONG ZI (REDUX)
    INNER POWER : 6/10
    TECHNIQUES : 6/10
    QINGGONG : 4/10
    PERSONALITY : SIMILAR TO KLZ IN RPG #1.
    PHYSICAL APPEARANCE : FRIENDLY OLD MAN
    WEAPON : SPEAR / LANCE / LONG ROD
    BACKGROUND : RETIRED AGENT OF JIANGHU'S ELITE COUNTER-TERRORIST SPECIAL OPERATIONS COMMAND.
    CURRENTLY INNKEEPER AT YI JIAN KE ZHAN.

Actually I found RPG #1 more enjoyable than RPG #2 due to the casual and interactive setting of the 1st game. The FFS of RPG #2 nearly drove me crazy. Anyway, here comes the return of Kong Long Zi!

Count me in then.

NAME : KONG LONG ZI (REDUX)
    INNER POWER : 6/10
    TECHNIQUES : 6/10
    QINGGONG : 4/10
    PERSONALITY : SIMILAR TO KLZ IN RPG #1.
    PHYSICAL APPEARANCE : FRIENDLY OLD MAN
    WEAPON : SPEAR / LANCE / LONG ROD
    BACKGROUND : RETIRED AGENT OF JIANGHU'S ELITE COUNTER-TERRORIST SPECIAL OPERATIONS COMMAND.
    CURRENTLY INNKEEPER AT YI JIAN KE ZHAN.

Actually I found RPG #1 more enjoyable than RPG #2 due to the casual and interactive setting of the 1st game. The FFS of RPG #2 nearly drove me crazy. Anyway, here comes the return of Kong Long Zi!

The players in RPG#1 didn't restrict themselves to their own character and interacted casually with the characters of other players and that was what made me enjoy #1 so much. How about we set this in a similar setting to that of RPG#1? We start out like we did in a restaurant (preferably the one KLZ works at) but we change some of the things. How does that sound?

The players in RPG#1 didn't restrict themselves to their own character and interacted casually with the characters of other players and that was what made me enjoy #1 so much. How about we set this in a similar setting to that of RPG#1? We start out like we did in a restaurant (preferably the one KLZ works at) but we change some of the things. How does that sound?
    Yeah cool. Start pls.

And maybe you want to create another thread for the discussion when the game starts.

P.S. ~ WHAT DYNASTY IS THIS?

Yeah cool. Start pls.

And maybe you want to create another thread for the discussion when the game starts.
    I think we should set a start date because I probably won't be available for the next month and a half because I'll be visiting China.

But, you went overboard with your 'interacting with the characters of other players' last time. In the RPG#1, u were practically controlling other people's characters. You were not using your character to interact with other players' characters. Instead, you left your own character at place A and went to control other people's characters at place B (without their permission too). That was one aspect of RPG#1 that really annoyed me. But, I do like the story of my character in RPG#1 and sad to see it cut short.

Anyway, if that's the way you like it and other people in this RPG are OK with it. By all means play it that why. It's your RPG.
    Last edited by kidd; 05-25-07 at 03:39 PM.

Name: Liu Zhen (real name unknown, only called that because he kills people with 6 six needles at 6 vital points)
    Age: late 20's early 30's, because he has black hair and is full grown (backstory will be revealed throughout story)
    Weapons: needles and 2 melee daggers
    Techinique: 9/10
    Qingong: 9/10
    Internal: 8/10
    Physical appearance: masked man in black robes
    Last edited by sarakoth; 05-26-07 at 09:09 PM.

I think we should set a start date because I probably won't be available for the next month and a half because I'll be visiting China.
    There's computers in China.

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    But, you went overboard with your 'interacting with the characters of other players' last time. In the RPG#1, u were practically controlling other people's characters. You were not using your character to interact with other players' characters. Instead, you left your own character at place A and went to control other people's characters at place B (without their permission too). That was one aspect of RPG#1 that really annoyed me. But, I do like the story of my character in RPG#1 and sad to see it cut short.

Anyway, if that's the way you like it and other people in this RPG are OK with it. By all means play it that why. It's your RPG.
    I don't want to be the one to control every aspect of this game just because of the fact that I started this game. I want to consider the opinions of everyone so that the flaws from the previous games won't appear in this game.

If it's necessary i can adjust my player stats but other than that i could be non-active martially unless attacked and have a minor role

Every game needs a trouble maker

Name: Xiao Ping
    Internal Power: 1/10
    Technique: 2/10
    Qingong: 2/10

Martial arts: Xiao Ping starts with various weak stances and moves which he learn from peeking at various sects' disciples when they are training.

Personality: In short, Xiao Ping is a trouble maker. Everywhere he goes, he would leave behind unforgettable memories for his victims. He likes to do everything in his own way and would usually disregard the views of others. Xiao Ping usually acts unorthodoxly. Whenever he runs out of money to spend, he would rob the rich to fulfill his desires. He would then give whatever is left to the poor because he, himself, is poor as well and he shares the same pain.

Physical Appearance: Standing at 5 feet 9 inches and weighting at 140lbs, Xiao Ping has a head of black hair and a pair of bright, intelligent, black eyes. He enters the RPG as a messy bum with ragged clothing and the such. But underneath all that dirt and messy face of his, Xiao Ping is actually pretty handsome. This would not be his permanent appearance. As the story progresses so will his appearance.

Weapons: None

Background: Xiao Ping had never once saw the faces of his parents. He knows nothing about them. For all he cared, they were probably already dead. Xiao Ping grew up alone and with very few friends. Because he was a orphan and a little bum, Xiao Ping was picked on by almost everyone in town. Xiao Ping began wandering Jiang Hu at the mere age of 12. With all those injustices done to him ever since birth, he is determined to get his revenge on the world one day. Xiao Ping tried to enter several sects but was turned down by everyone of them because of his appearance. Since no one would take him in, he began peeking their martial arts and slowly learned them. However, these martial arts that he learned were practically useless when used on skilled martial artists. But when combined with his intelligence, it's more than enough to cause havoc among others. This was how he lived his life till the age of 17.
    Last edited by creamcheese007; 05-25-07 at 05:34 PM.

Sounds like a good idea, but why 6/10 and 8/10 limit for end game?Why have a scale of 10 if the limit is 6 and 8?

How about for active characters, QingGong, Inner Str and Ext Tech is limit to 9/10 for all 3, but totaled stats cannot be more then 21/30?

And for Big Bad Guy and inactive characters, it's a 10/10 limit, but totaled cannot be more then 24/30?

How about adding in physcial str in as well?In that case totaled stats limit will be 28/40 and 32/40.

For active characters, a 10/10 is allowed for one stat, but totaled limit will be lowered to 20/30 or 27/40 (Trades 2 points for 1).

For inactive characters, if he/she started a fight without being attacked, all her/his stats will be lowered by 2 for that fight.

I think this will add a bit of variation to the characters, and make the game fairer.
    Last edited by Son of Light; 05-25-07 at 10:42 PM.
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...88&ref=tn_tnmn
    This year, August 25th~26th
    1st Singapore Ancient Chinese Culture Camp, pls join if you are in Singapore. ^^

I also find that RPG #1 is more enjoyable than RPG#2. It's not that messy, and although does not have the grandeur of RPG #2, its still fun to play in.

I also suggest that we post short posts on the rpg storyline so that there won't be large chunks of storyline in one post, which IMO often puts off the other players' interest in reading them.

Players should update it regularly (if possible), instead of once every two weeks and post one/two posts with huge storylines that could fill up the whole page of the thread.
    ..ext88

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Extremer88 View Post
    I also find that RPG #1 is more enjoyable than RPG#2. It's not that messy, and although does not have the grandeur of RPG #2, its still fun to play in.

I also suggest that we post short posts on the rpg storyline so that there won't be large chunks of storyline in one post, which IMO often puts off the other players' interest in reading them.

Players should update it regularly (if possible), instead of once every two weeks and post one/two posts with huge storylines that could fill up the whole page of the thread.
    I think we interacted with each other more in the beginning of RPG 2 when people are still active. Later on as players dropped off, there is no other alternative but to post longer segments, otherwise the game will die off. That's why I was suggesting a shorter and set time period within the story in the next one.

Quote Originally Posted by Son of Light View Post
    Sounds like a good idea, but why 6/10 and 8/10 limit for end game?Why have a scale of 10 if the limit is 6 and 8?
    This scale is an absolute (novel-independent) skill based on the GUT of Wuxia Fiction. For further reference, see the link in my signature below.

Quote Originally Posted by Son of Light
    How about for active characters, QingGong, Inner Str and Ext Tech is limit to 9/10 for all 3, but totaled stats cannot be more then 21/30?
    Then you'll probably get (imbalanced) characters like Xu Zhu.

And for Big Bad Guy and inactive characters, it's a 10/10 limit, but totaled cannot be more then 24/30?
    Qinggong - 4/10
    Neigong - 10/10
    Techniques - 10/10
    The Big Bad Boss can't be defeated. Game over.

How about adding in physcial str in as well?In that case totaled stats limit will be 28/40 and 32/40.
    External physical strength (is there such a thing as non-physical strength?) is factored in to either Neigong or Techniques, depending on the context.

For active characters, a 10/10 is allowed for one stat, but totaled limit will be lowered to 20/30 or 27/40 (Trades 2 points for 1).
    From how I see it, the central theme of this RPG defers from RPG #2 in that this theme places emphasis on the player-to-player interaction and narrative / storyline / creative skills of the players rather than the characters' mind-blowing "uber-imba" martial arts.

In that way, this RPG is meant to inject the social fun between the players in the same manner that RPG #1 afforded. (I think Tommy/Bogeyman wants to bring back the spirit from RPG #1, which was not completed... Unfinished business, I guess.)

Personally, I hope to avoid seeing characters like Tree-Exploding-Rock-Exploding-Sky-Exploding Shue Shen Kong, Light-Radiating-Qi-Based-Wuxia-Lightsaber Li Kang and Red-Sea-Splitting-Ultimate-Evil-Who-Terrorises-Everyone Shen Mo again.

Anyway it seems some characters are still meant to be inactive.

For inactive characters, if he/she started a fight without being attacked, all her/his stats will be lowered by 2 for that fight.
    That's a good idea. I would also advise Tommy/Bogeyman to add this to the rules.

I think this will add a bit of variation to the characters, and make the game fairer.
    I think the quality of the characters is decided by the skill of the players' writing abilities, not the characters' martial arts.

Edit : As a note, sometimes it takes more than 1 guy to bring down the BBB (like RPG #2).
    Last edited by IcyFox; 05-26-07 at 06:13 AM.