Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For Japanese and Korean fans...

Default For Japanese and Korean fans...

Anyone watch the Miss Universe Pageant?

Anyone happy to see Miss Japan and Miss Korea do well? Miss Japan winning the whole thing.

yea im glad that an asian counry won. miss USA fell down as she was walking
    miss japan is pretty. doesnt look like she had any plastic surgry or anything so..
    The best part of believe is the lie.

Quote Originally Posted by annaaa View Post
    yea im glad that an asian counry won. miss USA fell down as she was walking
    miss japan is pretty. doesnt look like she had any plastic surgry or anything so..
    but plastic surgery can be quite natural.. hehhee

I'm so happy they did well.. ^^
    力扬力扬,魅力飞扬
    祝力扬 & 栗亲们新年快乐, 万事如意!!~
    力扬加油, 栗子加油,加油,加油!!!!^o^

YAY, Federer WON!!!!~

Miss Japan should have won LAST year.

Poor Miss USA... i got a very good laugh out of it

I like Miss JApan last year. This Year's japan, i seriouly thought she won because of last year's dispute about translation.

Anyways,Miss Korean looked nice and all..but her answer was so cliche and bad. " I would give money for missionaries."

failed for me
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

Quote Originally Posted by 0-0-0 View Post

and especially the booed part.. it takes great courage to continue standing there smiling despite being booed for so many times.. i'm curious, was there any soul out there in the audience supporting her?? cos i seriously didn't hear a single clap.. i feel sorry for her somehow..
    力扬力扬,魅力飞扬
    祝力扬 & 栗亲们新年快乐, 万事如意!!~
    力扬加油, 栗子加油,加油,加油!!!!^o^

YAY, Federer WON!!!!~

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    I like Miss JApan last year. This Year's japan, i seriouly thought she won because of last year's dispute about translation.
    yea, that's how i feel. Miss Japan deserved to win LAST year and then she won this year, which felt like it was to make up for last year. I didn't think she should have won this year.

but still, Asian country, so it's all good. i always wonder why there are no decent Miss Chinas.

What does the Miss Japan last year look like? anyone has a picture? had a glimpse of this year's..she didn't looked exactly like Japanese to me...sometimes, its quite political how the winners are chosen...not so much to do with beauty.

sorry, these is mainly yamapi 's TBC clip but i am just wondering if that lady who starred in the same TBC ad as Yamapi is Miss Universe Japan 2006?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxjLfpIqqxk

if she is, she looks really pretty! Also fairer and more long-limbed in the ad compared to the photos I have seen...
    Last edited by strawberry; 06-03-07 at 03:43 AM.

Has anyone seen the 2006 pageant as well? I seriously thought Miss Japan of 06 looks much better than Miss Japan 07.

I thought Miss Japan 06 had more personality in her answer and she even won an award for the national costume. She dressed up in a samurai-type costume.

Quote Originally Posted by 0-0-0 View Post
    Miss Japan should have won LAST year.

I agree with you wholeheartedly. Miss Japan 06 looks so nice and loved her in all the competitions she was in. She won the national costume award, so perhaps judges thought that was good enough???

Quote Originally Posted by strawberry View Post
    sorry, these is mainly yamapi 's TBC clip but i am just wondering if that lady who starred in the same TBC ad as Yamapi is Miss Universe Japan 2006?
    Photos of Miss Japan 2006

http://www.kurara-chibana.com/photo-gallery.html

Miss Japan 2006

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i3.tinypic.com/wgvq1h.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.styleguru.org/images/mu1.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www2.thanhnien.com.vn/Uploaded/huynhthang/Thu_ba/Thu_ba_206/14pc.jpg')

All pictures are credited to their respective owners.

I agree that Miss 06 looks better than Miss 07. But maybe it was the personality of hers that wins the heart of the judges. I didn't watch the show, but I saw some clips on Youtube. I heard that Michelle Kwan (figure skater) was one of the judges. If you ask me, I think that even Kwan is prettier than Miss 07.

And what the part about Miss USA being booed? I hope that it wasn't because of the fact that she was representating the USA. Politics has nothing to do with a beauty pageant, lol. In the newspapers, they only mentioned that she fell down, but didn't explain why she was booed.
    "Take everything you like seriously, except yourselves."
    - Rudyard Kipling

Quote Originally Posted by lysil View Post
    I agree that Miss 06 looks better than Miss 07...I heard that Michelle Kwan (figure skater) was one of the judges. If you ask me, I think that even Kwan is prettier than Miss 07.

And what the part about Miss USA being booed? I hope that it wasn't because of the fact that she was representating the USA. Politics has nothing to do with a beauty pageant, lol.
    Anyone thought of the fact that, how convenient, of all people, Michelle Kwan was one of the judges in the first time a contestant ever fell flat down on their butt? Michelle must be thinking "Hmm, do I deduct points for falling down like figure skating does to me?"

I believe USA got booed for poltical reasons, pretty sad. I mean for crying out loud, they make it seem like Miss USA was responsible for everything. I am sure they won't be coming back to Mexico in the near future (very near future at least). They booed Miss USA, and did not do anything with Donald Trump or any of the other American judges.

With her cute dimples, I thought Miss Korea was prettier and more charismatic than Miss Japan, but I guess the judges didn't agree. Even though Miss China was cut early, at least she got some recognition as Miss Congeniality.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Quote Originally Posted by lysil View Post
    I agree that Miss 06 looks better than Miss 07. But maybe it was the personality of hers that wins the heart of the judges. I didn't watch the show, but I saw some clips on Youtube. I heard that Michelle Kwan (figure skater) was one of the judges. If you ask me, I think that even Kwan is prettier than Miss 07.

And what the part about Miss USA being booed? I hope that it wasn't because of the fact that she was representating the USA. Politics has nothing to do with a beauty pageant, lol. In the newspapers, they only mentioned that she fell down, but didn't explain why she was booed.

I think Miss Japan last year had much more personality than this year. Not only that, she impressed the judges by her multi-lingual background. SHe answered french in an interview as well as even made the crowd clapped by speaking English. Her answers was good too. I thought the winner, Miss Mexico was weak..

I felt bad that Miss USa got booed.. but also, how she got booed. It was all political reason because Mexico hated how the US were being more strict on immigration or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Felix View Post
    I believe USA got booed for poltical reasons, pretty sad. I mean for crying out loud, they make it seem like Miss USA was responsible for everything. I am sure they won't be coming back to Mexico in the near future (very near future at least). They booed Miss USA, and did not do anything with Donald Trump or any of the other American judges.
    I thought it was a bit mean. You know, reports out there even called Miss USa a Wh*re and deserved to be booed and tripped during the stages My god.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zhuge View Post
    With her cute dimples, I thought Miss Korea was prettier and more charismatic than Miss Japan, but I guess the judges didn't agree. Even though Miss China was cut early, at least she got some recognition as Miss Congeniality.
    Miss Korea was prettier. I think on an internet poll, Miss Korean had the most vote for being most likely to win.

I thought she had a nice face and figure... but her answer was so cliche. A typically answer on World peace

Miss Japan deserved the title IMHO. Miss Korea only had a pretty face, her answer was messed up a 'never empty wallet'. WTH?

Regarding Miss USA, I thought she should of had been left out after her 'fall flat on her butt' stunt. hahaha, It was hilarious! Even if she was pretty or had a nice body, she fell down! I mean the other contestants who were left out had prettier and nicer bodies than her. It was such a shock that Miss USA got to the final 5!

Quote Originally Posted by GuGu View Post
    Miss Japan deserved the title IMHO. Miss Korea only had a pretty face, her answer was messed up a 'never empty wallet'. WTH?

Regarding Miss USA, I thought she should of had been left out after her 'fall flat on her butt' stunt. hahaha, It was hilarious! Even if she was pretty or had a nice body, she fell down! I mean the other contestants who were left out had prettier and nicer bodies than her. It was such a shock that Miss USA got to the final 5!
    usa is always in the top 5. when u are a world power, every1 need to respect u but that fall . btw is miss korea a singer? i think a friend of mine has a few of her albums
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Quote Originally Posted by GuGu View Post

honey, donald trumps owns it.. of course USA has to get to top 5.

I agree, Korea lost my vote because her answer was bad.. first about "world peace" and then.... "never empty wallet... to give to missionary and..myself.