Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SBS - Love in Heaven - Thien Duong Tinh Yeu

Quote Originally Posted by bella25 View Post
    Why is it such a hang up about stepsiblings marrying? They did'nt even know each other. Now in Autumn Story, they grew up together until 14 (?), now that is gross to me.

It's hard for us to fathom but in a society where family is extremely closed-knitted, their marriage is considered incestuous even if they are not blood-related. The fact that they shared the same sibling is even worse.
    Huang Xiao Ming

"It's great to have a private jet. Anyone that tells you that having your own private jet isn't great is lying to you." - Oprah

Quote Originally Posted by Mystery View Post
    Love in Heaven is not really a series for you to bawl your eyes out ... thank God for that! I love this series so much because the relationship between the main couple. In a way, it's hard for a foreigner (to Korean culture) like me to understand some of the prejudices in the series toward JK but that's just part of a traditional society. When I complained to my dad that some of the things in this series are so exagerating, I was told that they are just ways of life.
    Rats i was hoping this was a series u could bawl your eyes out, isn't that what Kdramas are about? Well most of the ones i've seen are that way, always sad and stuff. Oh well guess the next Kdrama i get to watch will be sad and stuff

*SPOILERS.....*

I've just finish watching this series. 85 episodes are so long..... But its worth it. No wonder its a success. At least the ending is happy, as long as they still stay together. I cried for the last several episodes. Can't help it, my heart breaking watching Kwang Mo suffered so much especially after Ja Kyung became mute and didn't recognize anyone. I think Ja Kyung will eventually forgive everyone.

And I have to mention it, I like how the whole family stick together and help each other towards the end. I'm deeply touched.........
    Last edited by Ayeen; 07-04-07 at 12:01 AM.

Help please! I am watching this series right now and I am hooked. I was able to get hold of dvd but it says it is only up to eps 43. I thought it was all. After reading your post, I found out that it's a total 0f 85 episodes. Did you buy it "Ayeen" or just downloaded it? Well, I hope I can have a dvd with complete episodes..like you. Hope you can help me! After reading your post, the more I am encouraged to watch it to the end. Thanks.
    Last edited by Richelle; 07-02-07 at 03:22 AM.

wow!! seems the series is getting interesting... haven't watch it for quite a long time... guess i have to continue watching it!!

SPOILERS....

Supposedly, if you are an orphan, you are not considered marriage material because a person is judged on the basis of family background and if you don't even know your family, you have no root. Being an orphan is bad enough, but JK is an abandon orphan and that's why WM's grandmother is so against her.

Another obstacle in their relationship is their career path. WM is an upcoming news anchor with a college education while JK is just a makeup artist. Makeup artist is a great profession in the U.S. and I'm sure in other countries, too. However, in Asian culture (at least the ones that I am familiar with), having a college degree elevated your status in life and it's frown upon when a college-educated man/woman married someone without a college degree.
    I think a beautician is not in the middle class social strata anywhere, but a newsreader is. But a degree holder should marry another degree holder... that's funny. One country made such a big song and dance about that because they think the offspring will naturally be smart. Rumour has it that a prominent couple with the correct academic credentials ended up with a retarded kid. It would be something if they had Yu ri (?) Lee ri's sister marry a graduate and ended up with a retarded kid. She's so nasty.

Thank You for sharing this movies, How cai I dolwnload this moives, please help me, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ayeen View Post
    I've just finish watching this series. 85 episodes are so long..... But its worth it. No wonder its a success. At least the ending is happy, as long as they still stay together. I cried for the last several episodes. Can't help it, my heart breaking watching Kwang Mo suffered so much especially after Ja Kyung became mute and didn't recognize anyone. I think Ja Kyung will eventually forgive everyone.

And I have to mention it, I like how the whole family stick together and help each other towards the end. I'm deeply touched.........

Hi Ayeen, please type "SPOILER" before your comment as it does contain information on the ending. I don't mind reading it but there are others who may not want to know that beforehand. Thank you for the information though.
    Huang Xiao Ming

"It's great to have a private jet. Anyone that tells you that having your own private jet isn't great is lying to you." - Oprah

Every episode gets better and better. I really adore this kind of family drama. I love Jakyung character. She may appear meek but strong enough to defend herself from her antagonists. She knows when to fight and when to give in. Wang Mo's character is equally adorable as the charming newscaster. I am just in episode 12, this is where Wang Mo's getting confused of the changing attitude of Jakyung, making him more intrigue to slowly but surely falling for her. I hope I can get a complete set of dvds soon of this series. Thanks to those who are sharing bit by bits comments on the series.

Quote Originally Posted by Richelle View Post
    Help please! I am watching this series right now and I am hooked. I was able to get hold of dvd but it says it is only up to eps 43. I thought it was all. After reading your post, I found out that it's a total 0f 85 episodes. Did you buy it "Ayeen" or just downloaded it? Well, I hope I can have a dvd with complete episodes..like you. Hope you can help me! After reading your post, the more I am encouraged to watch it to the end. Thanks.
    I bought the DVD, the one with 3 parts with 25, 30 and 30 episodes each. Its quite expensive but I rarely spent on series so I don't mind to buy this one as the story attracted me very much. I bought it from my local stores only. I don't know how I can help you with that . I hope you can watch it to the end, its become more interesting every episodes. Hope you can find the complete set.
    Last edited by Ayeen; 07-04-07 at 12:30 AM.

Hi Ayeen, please type "SPOILER" before your comment as it does contain information on the ending. I don't mind reading it but there are others who may not want to know that beforehand. Thank you for the information though.
    Oh! I'm sorry, I'm totally forgot that. Thanks for reminding me. I'm already edit it.
    Last edited by Ayeen; 07-04-07 at 12:29 AM.

Default Where is the brother?

Ok got up to the engangment part, which is espisode 50 or so.
    My question is i never get to see JW's stepbrother everytime someone goes to her house they always looking in his room to see if he is there, but he is always out or something. Is this a running gag? It's been 50 espisodes and i haven't even seen the kid but his named is mention soo many times.

Quote Originally Posted by himura79 View Post
    Ok got up to the engangment part, which is espisode 50 or so.
    My question is i never get to see JW's stepbrother everytime someone goes to her house they always looking in his room to see if he is there, but he is always out or something. Is this a running gag? It's been 50 espisodes and i haven't even seen the kid but his named is mention soo many times.
    That's what I notice, too. At first, I think they were just trying to save money on hiring another actor but since they have so many sideline stories that doesn't make sense so...the producers are probably playing a joke on the audience. So I'll wait to see if they will show him later on.
    Huang Xiao Ming

I bought the DVD, the one with 3 parts with 25, 30 and 30 episodes each. Its quite expensive but I rarely spent on series so I don't mind to buy this one as the story attracted me very much. I bought it from my local stores only. I don't know how I can help you with that . I hope you can watch it to the end, its become more interesting every episodes. Hope you can find the complete set.
    I am from the Philippines, local sellers I know, don't have yet the complete set of this series. May I know where you ordered it and how much. Please email me at [email protected]. Thanks. Will appreciate it very much.

I really can't help posting my comments about the series, which is getting into me every episode. About Jakyung's brother, haven't seen him yet, but I don't care anyway. The next character that I really enjoy watching is Yeri's gay brother. His encounter with Seulah is always wacky. I just hope for more interesting scenes in the coming episodes, and am hoping to have a complete eps of this soon.

I really can't help posting my comments about the series, which is getting into me every episode. About Jakyung's brother, haven't seen him yet, but I don't care anyway. The next character that I really enjoy watching is Yeri's gay brother. His encounter with Seulah is always wacky. I just hope for more interesting scenes in the coming episodes, and am hoping to have a complete eps of this soon.
    Those 2 really do make a good couple, the scenes with them are always funny

Default (QUOTE=aYEEN;718779)*SPOILERS....*

*SPOILERS.....*

Ayeen i have been finding out what happenned to the story in love in heaven.. is Jak Kyung never regained her speech at the end? I am really eager to watch the rest of the story. I'm just on episode 43.. way long to the end..but thanks for the info.

Default Comment on: Love in Heaven

It is a very interesting story and i really love it.. more power to Korean drama it is worth watching even though we only rely on english translations.... i'm now on episode 43 of love in heaven.. thanks to Ayeen for her spoiler..it helps ease our eagerness to know the end.. Ayeen more reviews please...(quote)

I am from the Philippines, local sellers I know, don't have yet the complete set of this series. May I know where you ordered it and how much. Please email me at [email protected]. Thanks. Will appreciate it very much.
    Oh! I see. We are not from the same country. I didn’t order it, I bought it when I saw it sold in my local stores. I think you can go to Sensation.com or eBay or YesAsia.com, you can order it from them. And I have seen it, eBay have the same DVD as I have only more expensive I think. I hope I'd help you

That's what I notice, too. At first, I think they were just trying to save money on hiring another actor but since they have so many sideline stories that doesn't make sense so...the producers are probably playing a joke on the audience. So I'll wait to see if they will show him later on.
    *Spoiler*

Yes, I also thought that doesn't make sense at first. And as far as I know there’re no scene for Sye hyun character (the brother) shown. Only in the flash back when he’s only a little kid and his voice for the sms he sent to Jakyung. I think this make the series quite unique. Don't you think so?