Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: The New Adventure of Chor Lau Heung 《楚留香之蝙蝠傳奇》 (1984)

Quote Originally Posted by Icha Parvati View Post
    Glad you like it, wkeej! Do you have the link to the Taiwanese series you watched before this? I agree that CLH 1984 has a neat plot that the 40 episodes are very interesting (instead of boring and ho-hum) for me.
    I search and can't find the link. I will search again and post the link when I find it.

Thanks. Who were the actors and actresses for the Taiwanese ver?

Oh yeah, the person who suggested the soul exchange theory in the earlier episode (3 I think) was Dr Cheong. I watched that Ep again the other day just to see CLH holding hands with SSC.

Thanks. Who were the actors and actresses for the Taiwanese ver?

Oh yeah, the person who suggested the soul exchange theory in the earlier episode (3 I think) was Dr Cheong. I watched that Ep again the other day just to see CLH holding hands with SSC.
    This is the series. http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Chu_Liu_Xiang_Xin_Zhuan

Ahh okay, it's a recent 2013 series... I see what you mean by too many plots cos it has four stories. Do the four stories tie well into one big theme, or are they completely independent?

Ahh okay, it's a recent 2013 series... I see what you mean by too many plots cos it has four stories. Do the four stories tie well into one big theme, or are they completely independent?
    Somewhat independent if I remember correctly.
    1. Story 1 = similar to this 1984 series but with a happy ending for the other couple.
    2. Story 2 = can't remember fully. I think it is about a pirate king with many impostors.
    3. Story 3 = introduce CLX's future wife
    4. Story 4 = about the Bat King though he is blind in this story. 3 & 4 are somewhat related as the story continues with CLX's marriage and his decision to "leave" his wife to roam the wulin again.

ah, thanks. It's sad ending then... why would CLX leave his wife?... He felt too tied up with marriage? Somehow I seem to like the 1984 CLH better, for he was committed to Song Siu Ching despite having many gorgeous belles around him...

anyway. I wrote another fan-fiction. It's my attempt to bridge the four main MB wuxia stories together. It started at the end of Ep 20 of Fearless Duo when Lam Chor Yin accidentally broke the jar that contained Szeto Man Mos soul. Contains plentiful reincarnation viewpoints. The Foundation 1984, the Legend of Condor Heroes 1982, Chor Lau Heung 1984 and Fearless Duo 1984 and their characters are the properties of TVB Hong Kong.

Not everyone's cup of tea, but it works for me to mend my broken heart for what Li Sai Man did to Sik Sik...

http://becomingicha.blogspot.com.au/...ara-wuxia.html

ah, thanks. It's sad ending then... why would CLX leave his wife?... He felt too tied up with marriage? Somehow I seem to like the 1984 CLH better, for he was committed to Song Siu Ching despite having many gorgeous belles around him...
    Actually, not really a sad ending. CLX was bored living in a big "cave" with his wife and members of the Holy Sect. His wife is pregnant and she promise that the full family will be together again as she will leave the cave once the child is born to be with CLX.

thanks wkeej for the info. I guess though, for now, I'd stay with truly happy series lik CLH 1984 and Fearless Duo (for Michael Miu/Barbara Yung series). The Foundation 1984 rather made me blue for its sad notes... hence I want to see happy series to keep my spirit up...

Thanks for the info though, appreciate it.

And just because I pretended I have nothing else to do than writing some CLH/MB stuff... here's my theory on the timeline of CLH, i.e. set in the Ming Dynasty:

http://becomingicha.blogspot.com.au/...eung-1984.html

Ladies, I've posted the screen caps of Eps 20 and 32 whereby Siu Ching promised that she'd cast away her title (or at least leave the Palace life behind) to be with CLH. Also containing CLH's commitment to SC (taking him roaming the world carefree). Enjoy!

http://becomingicha.blogspot.com.au/...een-shots.html

When I watched ep 24 just now, I just realised that Li Yu's Ji Duo Chou (How Much Sorrow) was sang by Sam Leung for the Emperor. Hence, I updated the CLH poems post with Ji Duo Chou. Now we have four poems that I registered in the post.

http://becomingicha.blogspot.com.au/...ng-1984_9.html

I also updated the costume post because I missed Chor tai-gor's light blue gossamer number in Ep 23 (when he and the gang came to the monastery to help Fell Cut).

http://becomingicha.blogspot.com.au/...f-clh-ssc.html

My blog is down (seems to be Blogger problem). So if you can't access it, then it's not your browser's problem. Will post an update when the blog is on again (dammit, I have a post coming up!).

The blog is up again, and - although this is not a UWS thread - I found United We Stand MV from Veoh here:

http://www.veoh.com/watch/v47564409Sg2BEKZK

http://becomingicha.blogspot.com.au/...elbarbara.html

Babs looked so cute in those Edwardian dresses!

Ah I remember United we stand. I used to have it on VCD but do not know what happen to it. I thought it was a pretty good series.

First time watcher, passed halfway on the series. Refreshing main character that's for sure......dude takes happy go lucky to another level.

As far as the first minute of the show where he fights 3 people, I presume that's the story prior to this series (the monk, sea queen etc he kills). I wish that would have been elaborated more, nonetheless its a great show. I looked on Wiki and it was a TVB series prior for those stories.

I had no idea how many film adaptations this had; Liquid Sword for example was loosely based on this hehe!
    Journey To The West

The Great Sun Wukong, the Monkey King!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nan Ling View Post
    Ah I remember United we stand. I used to have it on VCD but do not know what happen to it. I thought it was a pretty good series.
    Really?? Oh, lucky you... I couldn't find the English sub series at all online...

By the way, I'm off to the States for a week, hence I won't have time for new stuff for about 10 days... But you know me... I might actually find time to post something in a week despite what I said just now.

That being said, I wrote a fanfic based on Ep 27 when SC played the zither after CLH evaded her question again. I also uploaded that scene from the DVD to Dailymotion here:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3h...-1984-ep-27_tv

the fanfiction can be found here:

http://becomingicha.blogspot.com.au/...-chor-lau.html

Potentblend, join the club! The fanfiction of course contains spoilers... hence perhaps you better not read it first... if you're into fanfictions, that is.

Quote Originally Posted by PotentBlend View Post
    First time watcher, passed halfway on the series. Refreshing main character that's for sure......dude takes happy go lucky to another level.

As far as the first minute of the show where he fights 3 people, I presume that's the story prior to this series (the monk, sea queen etc he kills). I wish that would have been elaborated more, nonetheless its a great show. I looked on Wiki and it was a TVB series prior for those stories.

I had no idea how many film adaptations this had; Liquid Sword for example was loosely based on this hehe!
    ah yeah, those three fights... I found the first two interesting, but the Mirror Lady was borderline comical... I like the fact that Lau Dan played Monk Mo Fa; he played as Supreme Master, the teacher of Michael's character (Szeto Man Mo) in Fearless Duo. I like CLH's stunned expression when Mo Fa fell and died.

I think the three fights were there to indicate that the series acknowledged the long tradition/series of Chor Lau Heung/Chu Liuxiang in general, including the 1979 Adam Cheng series. We have many recurring characters in this 1984 series anyway. Only Siu Ching and the Palace lot were not original characters; they were created for this series (well, SC's character was created to pair up with CLH anyway due to the chemistry between Barbara and Michael).

I just saw the big fight witht he Kam family(trying avoid spoilers) Dammmm!! ok things must be getting real; real soon!
    Journey To The West

Oh that fight pained me...pained me so much...

Finish the show, if the show had more fights like the 3 in the opening it would have added a lot more.

Im watching Legend of the Condor Heroes 1983 for the first time, and many actors Im like ahhhh I know them ! hehe
    Journey To The West