Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: True or False?

Chapter 11

Whenever something bad lurks behind one, time seem to fly. Not for the better it is always for the worst especially for Ann right now. Her time seem to fly out the window and soon after the sunset, her terror will arrive.
    Biting her lower lip, as the door swung open. “Rose! I really feel sick right now. Maybe tomorrow night I can work, but tonight I really can’t.”
    “Ann, we have a doctor here in our facility. I can always fetch him over to do a quick check-up. And to tell you the truth if he finds you in better health. Chit can always find you another station such as strip jewel the lowest class stage in our business. Believe me you don’t want to be there. Now are you ready?”
    “I feel better now. We could go, and what am I suppose to say?”
    “Anything.”
    Once they reach the top floor, Ann felt like slipping away into the thin air and vanish away. Her white gown is very plain and simple with a small ribbon tied on either sleeve. The floor that lay flat below her slippers, are in hard granite blue. Rose lead Ann into a small room lined with crystal blue walls. In the middle sat Chit and another man.
    Both got up once Ann enters, the man’s back seem to be so familiar to Ann, but she cannot understand who is he. When she face him, her heart flutter then it stop dead like a dead battery.
    “Nop.” Before she could even think his name flew straight out of her mouth.
    “It seem as if you already know my name. Hi. I am glad to meet you tonight.” He arch an eyebrow for Chit to leave, then as if on a signal even Rose left. Feeling her heart thump she isn’t stupid he is going to do what most men would do, and worst than that her first time is not going to be with Shawn.
    Tears escaped her heart and flutter to her eyes, sliding them away with the back of her hands. “Sorry, I suppose this is the first day of work, and I do not know what to do here.”
    “Silly girl, now tell me how’d you know my name?”
    “I don’t really know either, I just know you are Nop.” She felt slightly cold just from this very information because how could she tell him that she dreamt of him.
    “You look like one of my friend, Nan. You two are so much alike in many ways. Ann would you like to go out with me to see a show?”
    “Do I have a choice?”
    “I guess not.” He then gave her one of his cute smile that can melt heart.
    Once they went outside, Nop took Ann out to watch one of the traditional dance. While they drive to another stop at a restaurant, Ann took her chance of escaping. “Nop, I was kidnapped here last night by a taxi driver. Really. I am from Boston, I work as a paralegal at a Boston Law Firm, and I am going to be married in six months. Please help me, I am willing to pay my way out if you help me. Nop please help me.” Her plea echoed throughout the car.
    “Alright, where is Jewel Room? You could pack up while I make a good phone call to Chit. And perhaps your price is cheap enough for me to afford, but you must pay me back.”
    “Thanks Nop. I am glad I met you tonight.”

Chapter 12

“What? Thirty million dollars? Chit are you crazy? She is no goddess or some princess, just a Harvard student with a rich fiancé.”
    “Nop, what is it? How much is he asking for?”
    “Hold on for a moment Chit.” Nop held the phone in one hand while holding Ann’s other hand with his spare hand. “Okay. I’ll pay it up tomorrow morning.” After he hung up, he motion for Ann to follow him out.
    “Ann, I am so sorry for all of this, but you cannot leave Cambodia. No, let me finish first. Your passport is lost along with all of your id and credit cards. You will have to stay with me in one of my house next to the beach. It is nothing, but it is good enough to be called home.”
    “Thanks.” She then leap up and hugged Nop, and suddenly her head blur, buckling her legs to the ground, her eyes could no longer concentrate on anything but a voice.
    “Nan! Nan, I am sorry… forgive me please. Wake up! Dammit. I didn‘t mean to scare the wits out of you.”
    Tears crept out of Ann’s eyes and flooded her cheeks. Staring at her was Nop. His eyes spelled care and his handsome face is so close to… No it cannot be. Ann swept her thoughts away and carefully stretch her hands to caress his face, as if she have known him before.
    “Nop, I am sorry. This happens a lot, I fall into a short coma or one can say sleep for a short time then I come back in tears and sweat.”
    “Promise me never to leave me. Um…I mean to go out alone you know it is dangerous to just slip out and not tell anyone when you can slip out of conscious anytime like that.”
    “Stop nagging. Now where are we?”
    “My beach house, I carried you out of the hotel and then took you here. Look out of that window. And your room is across from mine, let’s go check it out and see if you like it.”
    Ann became speechless, her room is in shades of lavender and everywhere she turn there is a small seashell. She could only gape at such a beautiful room with matching bed and dresser. While examine the room Nop held tight to Ann’s hand and slowly he held her in front of him. Just looking at her, reminds him of Nan. Without much of a brain he hugs Ann, “I miss you, I really don’t know what to do.”
    Speechless Ann held on to his embrace as if her life depends on him. Her hand slowly return this affection and soon she finds herself cuddled in the arm of Nop. The warmth is new. No. She felt this embrace before. Her mind swung back to the prince that took her heart away when she was only sixteen.
    Sliding her hand to his chest she push slightly for him to move away. Her breath shorten and the beating of her heart pounded right through her ears.
    “Nop, we met before in front of a high school. You were that strange guy that hugged me. Why? Or should I say Who?”
    “I do not know what you are saying Ann, but I know one thing and that is you will stay here until you can return home. Now do you cook?”

This is getting more and more good, Sumary Please update.

Chapter 13

“I have fresh shrimps, fish and some scallop. Maybe we can make sweet and sour fish, salt and pepper shrimps, and to top that my favorite scallop soup. Do you Ann cook well?” While stroking his handsome chin his eyes glimmer with a hint of kind. No, it cannot be Ann only know this man no more than four hours, and he is caring for her.
    “No, I do not cook!” She lied. “I wish to make a phone call if you don’t mind, and pardon me where is the phone?” She herself couldn’t even believe her ears. Snapping at a man that saved her life, for protection she must act mean and nasty.
    “Over there next to the window on your left. Ann, is there something wrong? Did I … offend you? If I did, I am sorry.”
    “No, it’s just that I’m tired.” Picking up the phone, her eyes begin to sting and a very sharp pain attacked her head. The brutal darkness became a comfort to her eyes…
    “Nan! Nan, I am sorry… forgive me please. Wake up! Dammit. I didn‘t mean to scare the wits out of you.”
    “Oh, Nop you idiotic fool. Why did you do that? I was so scared that I thought maybe the devil himself have come for me. Ouch! My head, you made this bump on my head. What if my dad finds it? I don’t care you have to find an excuse for me.” pouting her lips she began to eye him viciously giving him a bruise mentally.
    “Come on, you could just tell him you tripped down the stairs. Okay, now you and I will go surfing today. Did you bring your two-piece?” He pretend to look lusty at her with some drool down his mouth. Rubbing his handsome jaw slowing he laughed at her blushed cheeks.
    “No, but I did bring my bathing suit. You criminal mind, never cease to think about other things beside that. I am only fifteen and you are already thinking negative.”
    “Come on I was thinking positive. Give it a thought if you were in a two-piece you can attract some mermen. While I attract both mermaids and women.”
    Laughing and giggling they both waddle into the rolling waves, happy and content. None seem to notice that someone is watching in the shadow.
    “DON’T! I CANNOT BREATHE HELP! HELP! NOP!!”
    “Ann, hush… I am here don’t worry. Breathe deeply then relax. Now tell me what happen? What did you just see? You can tell me, I promise you that I will believe everything.” His sincere eyes glister like black pearl, while the very warmth of his hands caress Ann’s arm. Spellbound by the charming and sincere look, Ann pressed her head onto Nop’s shoulder. She didn’t even realize that they are on the floor, his arms curled around her. Nothing were said at the moment, both grew still as the statue in Rome.
    It was Ann who broke the silence, “I had a dream, it was a pleasant dream until I felt a desperation. I couldn’t breathe. I saw you in my dream, telling me to wear a two-piece, and said that I could attract the mermen while you take care of the mermaids and women.” Ann giggled, then abruptly stop, realizing that it was just a dream.
    “If you like, I could take you surfing, and you could wear a two-piece.” His voice rumbled down to Ann’s stomach, yet it’s sound is so sad so far. Somehow Ann felt pity, longing, sad and without realizing it was mesmerize by his voice.
    “Ann?”
    “I’d love to, but I want to purchase my own swimsuit if you don’t mind.”

Chapter 14

“What? Cambodia is going under a new law? You cannot call out of the country unless you have an id? That is ridiculous, I’ve never heard of this before. Nop, are you sure the radio is telling the truth, I mean sometime news can be misleading…”
    “I don’t know, but you can always try. Here’s my phone. Anyway, after you finish calling would you like to go out, shopping perhaps?”
    Picking up the telephone Ann, dialed her home phone. Nothing happen except for some language she never perfect in. How could life be so cruel, having a radio news in English, but the operator is Khmer. Cringing, she quickly stalked outside. The second day in this beautiful house, and this is the worst hour.
    The time spent shopping was more than a blast, everything was what Ann expected, nice people, cool clothes, and most importantly she have a companion. They left later on to a nearby restaurant for lunch, and the food gave Ann a piece of her own native food. Finally as night draws nearer, they headed home.
    Dumping most of their shopping bags in Ann’s room, Nop quickly heads out. Winking at her before leaving. Once he’s out of sight she quickly began dressing and undressing her new clothes. After two hours Ann reached her last bag, and unfortunately it isn’t clothes. It’s a diary, the cover is the same one Ann always purchase. A pale stripped pink diary. She dashed out of her room to where Nop stands.
    “So, you found the present I have bought for you finally…after two hours.”
    “How’d you know I would like it?”
    “Come on, every women have to have a diary. Beside I figure you might be bored while I go to work, so having a diary would keep you a little bit more occupied.”
    “But…this diary is just like the one I have at home. What a coincident. Well, Thanks Nop.”
    Coincident, Nop shook his head. I know that you cannot live a day without a diary, and it has to be in that cover, Nan.
    “Nop?”
    “Huh?”
    “You didn’t hear my question. I asked you, where do you work?”
    “Oh, that…I cannot tell you because I cannot bear to lie. Tell me about your fiancé.” He quickly and successfully changed the subject.
    “Shawn, he is around your age. You both look a lot alike in many ways. Both of you have the same height, same voice that gave similar effect on me too. I met him when I was only twelve, and he was but sixteen. And from friendship we grew trust and finally love.”
    “If, Shawn betrayed you would you forgive him?”
    “Never, I don’t think Shawn will ever betray me, but if he does I will forgive him, always.”
    A surge of violent wave hit Nop, and he nearly burst with anger and slowly he counted to ten before facing Ann’s innocent face again. Strange enough, I never felt like this before even with Nan, but…she is Nan maybe I couldn’t bear to hear her tell me that she loves another. Why am I feeling this tingling thing in the pit of my chest?

*Spoliers*

For those who are curious and think they know it all. I will tell them straight out of the blue without giving the detail. Ann and Nan are not twins and they are not the same person either.

The second thing is that Ann does not love Shawn like she thinks she does.

The story will involve:
    Science
    Money
    Cruel Act on Experiment
    Tragic Loss
    Love
    Romance
    and last but not least the final blow of what will happen?

Hope you guys enjoy this creation of mine!

Chapter 15

“I have to go to work now. And one more thing before I step foot out of this house...” He paused for a moment then slowly spilled out his request or should one say command. “Do not wander away from this house. Understand?”
    Ann nodded as an agreement, but deep down she have another plan for her day alone for once. “When are you coming back, so that I can set up dinner on time for you.”
    “No don’t even bother, I’ll be back pretty late or even not come at all. I do not want you to wait for me, and again I repeat I do not want you going outside too far. Oh! Don’t go talking to strangers they are not as nice as me. Okay?”
    “Stop nagging like a woman. And get going.” She shoves him playfully out of the door, while he chuckles at her instance. Just like the old days Nan.
    After he left Ann felt so relief and finally she can explore the other side of the beach, and maybe meet some new faces. She rushes over to change into a pale, stripped lavender capri pants, with a plain white tank top. Having set this plan ever since yesterday after her shopping with Nop; she had a whole basket of items to accompany her trip.
    Her assumptions were correct, the weather is great and there is no stranger around. In fact there is no one on this side of the beach. While skipping and running along the splashing waves Ann felt an acute pain in her chest. The pain deepened as the waves crash mercilessly against her crumbling body. Ann tried to get up, but her body wouldn’t respond. The waves quickly carried her weak body deeper into the water, as she struggle unsuccessfully against it, water flows freely into her gaping mouth, slowly Ann gave up her strength to struggle and gave in to the dark underworld that awaits her impatiently.
    As her body sank deeper, the coldness grabbed the once warm body and encircled it. Her hope, worries, love and hate both disappear as if it never existed. The only thing that stays is a name, the one name that even Ann herself dosen’t know why its there.
    She felt a warmth searing through her as a strange hand gripped her around the waist pulling her upward. Blur is the only word to describe her vision. The next moment that occur to her is the shouting and cursing of the one she waited for. She could hear every shout and scream to wake up, but her respond is close to nothing except for the rapid breathing of her heart and the dark crimson blood that flows non-stop from the corner of her mouth.
    “WAKE UP! YOU CANNOT LEAVE AGAIN!!” He tried everything from CPR to slapping and pounding, nothing can wake her up. While cursing he carries Ann toward the nearest hospital, every couple of steps he would roughly speak out loud for Ann to not leave him. “You better not leave me or else… I don’t know just please don’t.” Slowly the rough words soften to promises, “I promise not to do anything you don’t want me to do. Please, do not leave me. Save her. Save the only woman I love. I will give, do and even die, just save her…” His voice trails into Ann’s mind, and slowly she stirs her eyes open.
    “Nan! I thought I lost you for the second time, oh, I am sorry for everything.” Her smile faded into a frown, and the only words that pops up ishe calls me Nan… then her head limply rolled toward his chest.
    Running faster than what his lungs can do for him he finally reaches the nearest hospital. Quickly a nurse rush over to help assist her into the emergency room.“Nan! Don’t you dare leave me again!” That was the last sentence he can make out before the door slam shut.

Oh my gosh, this story is so addicting. Update!!!! Please!!!

Chapter 16

When time runs is when one smiles, but when time just beeps then pause that’s when one waits. And that is exactly the time one is viewing when Ann is in the emergency room, and Nop is waiting for a second chance to tell the one he love that he loves her.
    Ticking, and clicking time the handle on the clock swings round and round then finally after eight hours the door swings open pushing an unconscious patient out which so happens to be her. Nop rushes over to check up on her, but was stopped by a doctor whom he never realized was standing there all along.
    “Nop, I have to speak to you for a moment.” Gazing at his best friend he gave an encouraging smile before assisting Nop into his clean office.
    “Take a seat my one and only bacteria full friend, and would you like a nice bacteria-free cup of water.” His friend chuckle at his own joke hoping to cheer Nop up, but unfortunately it gave another turn.
    “Veasna, tell me exactly what is wrong with Nan. Do not hold back that tongue of yours because I know you are capable of telling me this.” Nop gave a serious stare that can break rock and burn fire.
    “I’ll be honest with you.” He paused to re-word the symptom hoping to make it sound less serious. “Okay. First I want you to promise me never to call me Veasna again, just V would do. Now, your Nan have had the most weirdest blood type ever. Her body is producing another blood type and it is reacting against one another. I do not know why it is doing this, but I can take it to my lab in I.T.L. and have it checked. Maybe my former professor can help too. I have a couple of questions for you before I spill anything else. Where did you find her? I mean, you said that she was missing for six years including this year, and now she is here. Second question I have for you is, did you tell her?” V waited patiently for an answer, while patiently sipping that bacteria-free water.
    “V you are one noisy friend I have. Nan got into a little accident and forgot everything already, and she thinks she is Ann.” With a weak smile he continues, “She is also engaged to that idiot, Shawn! I can’t believe this he is in this. I bet he is the one that did this to her making her believe everything he says. V you are going to help her remember me, and the past?” He quickly turns his back to await for an answer that can hurt him more than anything.
    “Nop, you have to understand. I am not rich like you. I am not an ambassador’s son either, and most importantly I work for him. I can pretend not to hear any of this, and continue help NAN not ANN. As for your little tale…I’ll have to delay my answer. Now, after this long conversation, I want to tell you the final symptom of Nan. She will have to be cured in six weeks or else you will loose her again. I do not know what will happen, but pray, wish, or even do the usual hope…but not too high. She is not awake yet, and I have tried my best. The only thing we did in that room was try to pump out the new blood and we have did what we can. I’m sorry.” Hanging his head low V pulls out a handkerchief and quickly wipes his glasses to hide the tears. “You can visit her she’s in room 206…and”
    Before he could even finish his sentence Nop dashes out to find his Nan. His only thoughts were to tell her what she wanted to hear before she disappears again. And this might be the second chance he have waited for, but not this ending. Not this ending!

Jeh- I am so happy you like it! Now I have a question just to see how well I did. What do you think is the relationship between Ann and Nan? Ann and Shawn? Ann and Nop? Thanks! I just want to see whether or not I did a good job, so I can better improve my writing.

I have found some cast: Sorry my computer caught the worm last week, and some programming problem so I lost all of my pictures files for this fanfic.

Ann / Nan :
    Attached Images Attached Images

Veasna or known as V :

Kanary Ann's younger sister :

Chapter 17

“Wake up. I know you are just upset with me Nan. I will tell you that actually that day at the beach when you admitted to me that you loved me…I was just too dumb to realized that I loved you too. Nan, it is when you came back to me as Ann. It is through another identity, and it is this Ann. Whether you are Nan or Ann you are the one I love because now I feel that if I lose you again my world will be drain.” between sobs and whispers Nop held onto Ann’s hand and promised her never would he lie to himself again.
    I am not Ann! This cannot be. Then who am I? Nan? Beach? Love? Nop? I cannot stay like this waiting to be waked. I must open my eyes now! WAIT! Who am I? Who? Who?
    “Nan, I love you. Can you hear my plea for forgiveness. Couldn’t you just open your eyes to me and my heart? I am sorry. If I could reverse time I would tell you that I love you when you told me that you love me. If that is the reason why you left and never return…then I will tell you that I was waiting for you from that day forth to see your smile again. And that is when I stumble upon you again in front of that High Sc…Nan. You heard me!”
    Hollering at the top of his lungs he calls out for his best friend Veasna. “V….hurry she’s awake!” Quickly rushing back to Ann’s bed, he lowers his gaze to all of the bruises on her body.
    “Na…Ann you are awake. I thought you would leave again. Never do this again, I am warning you if you ever disobey I will make you regret.”
    Ann reach out to touch Nop’s face, she felt weak and comfortable at the same time. An unexplained feeling that she have never felt before. Words slowly slurs out of her dry mouth, “Nop…I thought I would never see you again. Where am I? You silly thing…I…I…”
    Her eyes opens wide with fear and soon this fear spread throughout the room. Feeling this bitter taste of loosing her again Nop quickly grabs Ann’s hand with both of his firmly. “Ann, what is wrong? Are you hurt… where? V..V…Where the hell are you?”
    “Nop, tell me who am I? Tell me who is Ann?” Her questions bounce from heart to ear and finally landed on Nop’s feet with a soft thump.
    Nop’s heart drops. He cannot make the words to describe this emotion. His eyes can no longer make tears because these tears are sliding toward the falling heart. Without tears ones eyes stings and burns from weariness.
    “Nop…I am scared. Tell me who is Ann, and who am I?” Ann’s question repeated itself and replays it inside of Nop’s mind. Without an answer from the man she felt comfort with Ann began to cry silently to herself. Her cries soon became short breathing and finally she blacks out. Her only thought before she closes her eyes is “I am not needed right now, I am not Ann. He doesn’t need me…”
    Once her eyes closed tears leaks out one last time. Not recognizing the terror and fear of Nop. He could only weep dryly to himself for being selfish and not tell her. Not telling her the words she wanted to hear. If only he told her, she wouldn’t…she wouldn’t leave him at all. The ending. This must be the ending for me. Will there be another chance for me?

Chapter 18

Inside a room where no light is to be shown, a group of five people could be still be seen. Each wearing a confusing frown on their forehead. Everyone of them seem to be indulge in listening to the running tape recorder.

"Wait! Rewind that I really need to hear who is he speaking to."
    Each one seems to be holding their ears in place and listening to the tape as it spins out the conversation again.

"Veasna repeat! I think I heard you wrong. Did you say?"

"Yes, I have heard him call her Nan, and she is Nan. I mean there is nothing different except for the...but she might have got that when she is in college. Nop told me not to tell Shawn about it, but I know she is Shawn's fiance and if he finds out I'll be dead meat. Professor, what should we do?"

"Wait, I must see her first. V, what is her blood type?"

"It is A, no it is actually AB."

"Fine, give her the 124SS2 about 1mm would do. And tonight I will come by to check up on her. Tell Nop that her blood type is mixing together. And I am telling you not to tell Shawn because this will endanger everyone who is involve including you. This is life and death..."

The conversation slurs, and all five men could only pounder, until they can contact their undercover who haven't contacted them in weeks.

New Reader! This story is getting more confusing by the minute, who's the undervcover person working for those five people? Nan isn't Ann, but Ann has Nan's memories...
    Esh, I'm confusing myself now...gotta go reread.

I like the pics you add sometimes but the pic of V won't show up

Post soon

YaY! I've earned myself another fan!!!!! Danielle you are going to keep on reading to find the answers. I'll update soon!

Chapter 19
    “Hurry V we have no time, prepare for the surgery we must get this done before she wakes up or worst- your friend knows.”
    An elderly man in a dull white lab coat began unpacking needles and serum ready to perform the very surgery he intended to complete some years ago to the same patient.
    “Professor, Why?”
    “No time for questions hurry we don’t have all night.”
    After V injected the serum into her arm Ann slowly begin to stir awake. Then the professor quickly examines her pulse and asks, “Ann, do you remember me? I have to tell you something, but the things I tell you must be kept between me and your unconscious.” Pausing he motions for V to leave then proceed to tell Ann the very secret of her identity.

The next morning Nop wakes up to find Ann’s sparkling eyes just staring at him her hand pampering his cheeks like a baby rubbing its mother’s soft skin. Nop quickly grabs Ann shoulders and tosses her into his arms. Both happily laughs and play with one another around the hospital’s room.
    While resting Ann stirs up to face Nop, “Who am I?”

Chapter 20

“Ann! Where are you?” questioning in fear and absolute terror struck Nop’s heart as he hollered for her; once his eyes popped open to where she use to lie sleeping like a fairy in a trance. There by the shining bright morning light he sighted an angel feature silhouette. Her eyes stared out in space trance by thoughts and emotion with no answers. She did not budge nor flinch just staring at the source of light.
    Nop crept slowly afraid to even move because he is frightful to scare her away or worst another dream of his. Standing behinds her he place both his hands firmly on her shoulder, but she remains motionless like a cold statue.
    “Ann? How are you feeling?”
    “Ann? Nop, you meant Nan. I am Nan.” Every words made his heart leap in joy and also pound in fright. She is Nan. Mine. Not Ann. Ann belongs to…Shawn. His thoughts poured tears and terrifying emotion to his very blank eyes.
    “Let’s go home Nan. I love you.” His words clear, cut, concise and brief different from his heart, just throbbing and beat furiously against his chest.
    “Alright.” Ann stated flatly in respond.
    ………………………………………………………………………………………………

“What do you mean she have to stay here for another week or so!”
    “Calm down Nop, you are not known for this screaming thing. I hope the ladies see you in this state, and surely they will turn to me for a shoulder.”
    “V, you know Nan is fine now. She remembered her name and mine. That is all I want…No I meant that is enough for me.”
    “Nop, she can’t even remember her father’s name or even her past identity. You want to start fresh with a doctor and take her to another empty state. I am telling you she is in critical condition and we are still gathering information. She is not Nan. She is Ann.”
    “No, she is mine, Nan is mine not Ann but Nan. Shawn erased her memory by manipulating her minds. He is one tricky bastard. If I get hold of him I guarantee you will see his head under my bare foot. Shawn stole Nan from me. His parents are no good either making all kinds of … Never mind they all will be condemn to hell. If not justice will set them behind bars.”
    “Listen, Ann.” Nop gave a stern stare causing V to take back his words. “Nan, Nan will have to stay for another week, and I will set up an appointment for another doctor. If she pass the examination and all she can go home, but you must take her back here every two week for medicine and examination.”

Chapter 21

*Sorry Guys I've been busy and Lazy*

"Kanary, I have to go! Ann is missing. Do you know how it feels like to just wait for her not knowing where she is? Do you?" Shawn pounders on his own question while he stomps his fist against the thick glass window. Sharp razor glasses shattered about his knuckles, but he did nothing to remove the puzzled glasses that stabs his fist.
    "Shawn!" Kanary swiflty moves from the other side of the room to comfort him, but he shoves her furiously away. Silence. The whole room is now gloomy and dark with light only on Shawn's glistering eyes and Kanary's bloody shirt. Shutting her eyes she got back up from her position and wiped the tears from his eyes. He did not notice hers. He did not notice the wound in her heart. He did not love her.
    "Shawn, you can go." Her words flow with such despare that even the dearest can shed pity on her, but Shawn did not notice the despair and sorrow in her voice. He only heard the comfort of a sister. His face still facing the shatter window and hers facing him. Everything seem to be quiet except for the cry in both of their hearts.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Nan, do you remember how we met?"
    "Of course in front of a high school. I was just a little girl with a weird flare of taste for clothes, and you were....." she paused for a moment--searching for some kind of clue, "Nop, you were a... I do not remember you." Her words stumbles slowly out of her mouth with such brutality--it hurts. Both could not swallow the truth that lay so simple in front of them. They could only pretend--yes, they could pretend that the truth is not the truth.