Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: True or False?

Talking True or False?

Synopsis
    Ann Whist born and raised in America never have she once turn her back on any. Known to be resourceful and strong, yet her inner spirit is weak and innocent. She is a curious lawyer engaged to an enterpreneur in Cambodia, and amazingly she could only speak english. Deperate to understand more about her culture along with her fiance business she secretly journeys to Cambodia only to find that she is being kidnapped by a taxi driver, and worse sold to become a prostitute! This is only the beginning of a love tale that is about to twist into Ann's timeline because her first customer decided he wanted more than just one night...

The story involves a mysterious past and an irrestible tale of one man whose words spoke of lies while his heart goes with those lies of his. Only to find the truth to his heart's desire, oh well too late...

A missing fiance and the truth in his multi-million dollar. This guy must face his worst, but along the way he encounter the truth on why he must...Is it revenge or love that causes this destruction upon him?
    Last edited by Sumary; 07-09-03 at 10:57 PM.

Okey dokey.
    Swifty, Writing
    Film and book reviews, short films, videos from a Malaysian filmmaker based in Tokyo

Yay Sumary, you're back!!! Looking forward to your first chapter.

CHAPTER 1

A sixteen-year-old girl could be seen walking or should one say skipping hastily home. She wears no ordinary clothes as many other sixteen-year-old girls would. Her skirts are too brightly color, twilight blue opposite with another longer skirt peachy pink She wears a simple white cotton tang top with a huge blotch of black paint smeared across the front as if someone spilled paint on her. Smiling and laughing as she swings her bag back and forth, not to mention her crazy way of twirling every now and then to keep up with her happy heart.
    This young girl is Ann Whist. Not weird or extra ordinary in fact she is too ordinary except for her craving for fashion is a bit awkward. Nobody knows why she is so happy today.
    One must trace back to yesterday when Ann was walking or skipping home when she encounter a handsome boy of similar age as hers.
    She was skipping across traffic of cars when a hand hitches her arm and pulls her to the opposite side of the street. With no time for her to even catch her breath, he hugs her. His arms folded itself across her plain back, his fingers gripped her shoulders firmly as he whispers, “Promise me never leave to me again.” Ann stood there shock and more importantly confused because this guy here she have no idea on how he looks like yet.
    But being the irresistible Ann whose passion for romance novel never cease to end played along with him. Until slowly without realizing it she too was embracing him, and to find that it is actually comforting to stay in the embrace of a man, not to mention well built too.
    Although it may seem to be exaggerating to say they have stood there for hours, but to Ann this is what seem like to last forever. Then finally bringing herself enough courage she slid her hands up his chest then pushes him gently away from her. Swearing only under her very breath she swore that she almost suffered from a heart attack just with that one move.
    In front of her stood a very handsome looking guy who seem to no older than twenty nor younger than Ann herself. His eyes were incredibly attractive, yet its very corner seem to be wet. A sense of urge spread through Ann to touch is face because at that moment she felt his hands on holding her left hand. That moment to Ann seem to last for eternity because she felt a soft lush of kiss on her very knuckles.
    Stuttering, Ann began to ask, “Ummm…Pardon but have we met before?” At that very question or not Ann wasn’t sure, but he shot a look at Ann then back to her hand that lay more than willingly in his. A look of that is a bit shock more disappointing if one were to take a closer examination on his curled frown. “You are not her…can’t be… can’t be…” Dropping her hand he dashed out of sight into the next corner of stop light and disappeared.
    Ann did not waste any more time to linger with that strange encounter with the prince in her heart. She simply did what many find…crazy, Ann went home and voice record her encounter along with trying to draw this mysterious prince of hers. Not to end this all she even e-mailed her friend in Boston about this guy. Not knowing that this will not be the first time she will ever meet him.

*Pictures of that mysterious man is in the attachment*
    Attached Images Attached Images

Chapter 2

Somehow this message Shawn is receiving now is making butterflies in his stomach, and somehow he is a bit upset at the thought of some guy who Ann is describing as “handsome.”
    Quickly he calls for his butler, “Fredrick, I want you to send Ann this.” Dangling from his hand is a crystal blue butterfly attach to a fine silver chain. Admiring its resemblance of the carefree Ann he met once on a vacation to California. He could recall it all, every moment and even the conversation lay crisp like the very crackers in his hands…
    It was in the summer when Shawn was only 16 years old when his parent decided to visit him in Boston and take him on a vacation to tour California. While taking a ferry across the great Pacific to Catalina Island he met Ann. She was in a kind of pink top and faded khaki beach pants. Her hair wasn’t special or anything, but she kept on patting it down as if it was poufy. He began to notice that she is very earthy because her feet wore no shoes.
    As he began to examine her closer, she whips out her toy gun and starts squirting it at him. Their encounter became somewhat of what many say destiny because Shawn is from a multi-millionaire family, but Ann is just a local Long Beach girl on a vacation not too far from home. From that moment on Ann and Shawn became friends and even more friends online. They would date one another on valentine to chat online instead of going out as many of their friends did.
    Shawn squeezed the very thought of their first encounter out of his mind and continue responding to Ann’s message. His only thought was to degrade that guy and make sure she thinks nothing positive of him. He began to wonder if this summer he can visit her and maybe even surprise her a bit. The very thought brought a great surge of pleasure and without realizing it his butler is still standing there with a look of is he out of his mind?
    Shortly the telephone knock Shawn back into reality and to realize that his parents are calling to check up on him again. His butler hands him the phone, “It’s your mother she wants to know if you are done with the invoice and numbers.”
    “Mom? I am done with the invoice, but the numbers on the spending and earning do not equal one another. There seem to be an error, but I do not know where. I think you will need someone to double check me again.”
    “Shawn, dear do not worry we are giving you these only to exercise your muscles because in the near future all of your father’s business will be yours. And in about how many more years will you be done with schooling, so you can come back home? Or you think here in Cambodia is too uncivilized for you?”
    Grimly Shawn drop the conversation and continue to dwell on his mistakes. Soon his watch shriek in alarm, jumping out of his bed Shawn knew he would be late for school again. It is his last year in high school and Shawn knows dearly that he needs to pass all of class with at least a passing to graduate.
    Before leaving his house he reminded Fredrick to mail the presents he have bought for Ann.

*Picture of Shawn is in the attachment (ChiLam)*
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice picture of the two guys I wonder what happen to the other guy's girlfriend. Remember to update soon.

Chapter 3

Ann seems to be in less of a rush everyday after school. Her eyes are always darting to the very corner where she met that handsome guy. Its been a whole two month already and no sign of him. Sighing she slowly walks home hoping maybe along the way she will meet him.
    Everybody around her seems to be in a rush to go home maybe because it’s the end of the school year. While walking Ann head seems to be filled with activities to keep her company during the summer. Abruptly her head bumped right into a bus stop sign giving her more than a bump on her head. Quickly not to catch attention on her very clumsiness she runs across the same street, and once again out of nowhere a hand hitches her arm.
    The feel of excitement spread across her chest as she sprinted across the street. Once she reaches the other end she gaze right into a pair of familiar eyes. This very grip on her arm did not let go instead his hands held both of hers.
    Friends of Ann whistle from the opposite end, cheering and teasing her while Ann stood there hand in hand, mesmerize, stun, and unbelieving her very eyes that he is back.
    “Shawn!” Leaping to embrace him, she felt a respond similar to hers. She backs herself away from him to see how tall is he now. He grew a whole foot taller than her and a lot more of a charming face too.
    “Ann, I knew it was you when you bumped your head on that post over there.” Pointing over to the bus stop sign. While laughing heartedly while she rubs her head.
    “I thought you couldn’t afford to come? I mean how did you manage to come here, so far away from Boston? Shawn, where are you staying tonight? The hotels here are not too expensive, but still I know you cannot afford it. Say, you can probably stay at my house. I’ll try to convince my parents or else you are going to sneak into my bedroom at night and leave in the morning…”
    While Ann mumble off her plan on how Shawn might stay over. She did not realize that his eyes were locked on her face and that very sparkle in his eyes; to hold her as a lover not as a friend. Quietly he held her shoulders, as she continues not noticing the closeness in this gesture.
    He quietly hush her, “I am staying over at a friend’s house. Now, I want to ask you just one thing. If I were to lie to you about…anything…would you be mad…or worse trash our relationship?”
    “Never, if this lie have a certain reason that is for my own good and yours or even those around you then it is a good lie. Why? Are you hiding something from me? Tell me if you are…” she glance around her then whispers in his ears, “gay?”
    Laughing at her innocence and strength to joke around a guy whom she only met once and spends four years chatting with online. An idea erupted in Shawn’s mind, and quickly as if the world is running out of time for him he blurted, “Ann what would you say if you can study in a university with me in Boston? Northeastern, Umass, Harvard, UBoston, and many other great universities are there.”
    “I don’t know if I can afford to study on campus and all. My parents aren’t rich and we have no relative there in Massachusetts. But if I could go there I would definitely. Shawn I heard that law schools over there is fantastic especially Harvard.”

I'm so eager to know what will happen between Shawn and Ann. Update soon.

Chapter 4
    Chapter 4

Walking home with a friend seems a bit awkward to Ann, but she manage to laugh at her friend whose face shows no hard feelings for every weird figurative words of hers.
    Once they reach her apartment she walks solemnly inside hoping to find her parents home early for once, but once again there is no sign of either of them. She quickly began to do what many say, cook, clean and wait.
    Ann’s parent owns a sewing company, and that’s what explains her weird taste for fashion and that craving for extravagant colors. Every night her parents would stumble back home at least around 2’o clock in the morning. They would then sleep soundly until 6’o clock and leave again.
    That day Ann did her usual and waited for her parents, and strangely they arrived home earlier than usual with a face brighter than the sun itself. Her father whose face always resembles hard work now wears a non-weary sign.
    She quickly hugs her parent as a greeting then once she settles they announce to her the very news she never thought might happen to her family. “Ann, your father and I have something to tell you. We sold our company to some sort of Business Corporation for more than three times the price. Today!”
    Ann couldn’t speak her voice seems to be stuck somewhere between her heart and lungs because all she could do was smile.
    Suddenly they all heard a loud rapture on their door. Mr.Whist quickly opens the door, and there stood before them is Shawn.
    Wearing a shy smile and some lousy t-shirt that reads Welcome the New Bachelor! And to cap it all is his faded blue jeans and dirty sneakers. His arms are stiffly rigid on his sides as if it was sewed on. “Hi, I’m Shawn Kai. A friend of Ann.”
    Mr.Whist address for him to enter then slowly without thinking motion for Ann to leave the scene to her bedroom.
    Ann couldn’t make out what their conversation involves. Her ears seems to attach itself to the wall connecting the living room and her bedroom. She could make out the prominent words of Shawn addressing Mr. and Mrs.Whist, but other than that it is just mumbles.
    Finally, as if their conversation is never-ending she heard the door snap shut. And Ann just sat there on her bed waiting for her parent to bust in and scold her. Amazingly nothing happen and soon she began to wearily wait until her eyes droop off to a kind of sleep, if one calls it.
    The next morning Ann awake to a noise of some sort outside of her bedroom. As her eyes lazily peeps out, there stood a man whom she swore she have seen before. He was too far for her to make out his exact features, but she is positive she have seen him before. His presence with that suit and limousine behind him tells many that he have what many dream of. Rubbing her eyes she notices her parent there talking with him. There is no doubt that her parents are more than excited because their hands are moving up and down in agreeing everything.

*Spoilers*

Ann will be engaged to Shawn and as I have posted in the synopsis she will try to learn more about Cambodia, and that is when she meets that guy that captured her heart in the beginning. I do not want to spoil much except to say he will try to turn Ann into his dead girlfriend who look exactly like Ann. I'll give away another thing his girlfriend's death have to do with Ann, and that Shawn will be one of those character one will either sympathize or don't like because later on he will get very upset.

That's it, and if anybody wants to include some comments on the upcoming chapters please do so. Enjoy and e-mail for comments I'll gladly take them!

Hmm, very interesting. What does the guy's death girlfriend's death have to do with Anne. Ooh, I'm hooked now Update update update!!

Chapter 5

Faster than never before Ann stumbles out of bed and brushes her teeth, combs her hair and dress up in minutes even seconds by the way she does it. Hurriedly she runs out of her apartment to find her parents gone along with the guy and limousine. Sulking back inside, she thought of ways to occupy her time while she wait for her parents.
    A bit too excited to even know what she is doing she dials for Shawn. After her attempt of more than a dozen of rings she quits.
    After a while she doze off to a kind of sleep, and finds herself trapped inside of a dark room. Nobody seems to understand her plea of help because there is no one. Stumbling around she finally opens a door leading her right to an unexpected beautiful view of a beach filled with waves and clattering seagulls. As she walks toward the beach she felt a strong grasp on her shoulders and a knock on her knees. The same guy she met at the street is carrying her back inside to that very room…She cried and plea for release, but no use he left her….
    “Help Me!” Ann wakes up to find herself tangled in her bed, and tears streamed her face along with a sense of longing, longing for…Never mind it is just one of those people that you meet and they leave. She got up to record her dreams when she notice that she didn’t fall asleep on the couch as she thought she did. Questioning her memory she tried to trace back the morning event only to find that she is feeling a bit drowsy and an acute pain is attacking her.
    Reaching for her diary, she felt nothing. Nothing could be found except for her books and papers. She have misplaced her diary and maybe somebody have already found it, read it and worst knows that she have a crush on all of these guys she calls jerks in front of her friends.
    Shortly after another nap, she finds her parent sitting sternly next to her in a very clean room. Her head began to pound harder and viciously tearing her brains apart. She opens her mouth to talk only to find that she couldn’t even talk. Her mother tears seem to be flowing freely as she spoke, “Ann, you are in the hospital. Don’t worry the doctor says that you have caught some kind of cold that will soon be gone. Now, dear your voice is part of the medicine..” Her voice trailed off to hugging her husband who stood next to his wife. His eyes were in colors varying from red to green.
    Smiling weakly to her parents she knew that this is no small cold otherwise she would have gotten Tylenol and Aspirin instead of these tubes hanging off of her arms. Awhile later her parents left, and there to Ann’s blurred vision she thought she saw a man. Not sure whether to smile at the blob of vision or to pretend to sleep, she tried to open her eyes wider to see who it was only to find that here eyes were a bit too teary. Before dozing off again she heard a familiar voice, “I am sorry…you will recover soon and be right here in my arms again.”
    When she woke up the third time her head didn’t pound as bad, but beside her sat her worried parents. Their face spells Hurt, and to Ann surprise her voice have returned. It is a bit cracking and sounded somewhat like a child’s whisper rather than the loud and carefree Ann. “Mother, I…I think…”
    “You have been asleep for more than three days. Ann you have just recovered, sleep dear. I will tell you tomorrow when you fully recover. Okay now rest.”
    Last edited by Sumary; 07-14-03 at 05:23 PM.

Wow, so mysterious You definitely need to update soon.

Chapter 6

To Ann’s amazement she saw Shawn, his face sour and sagging. In his hands he gripped tightly onto a bouquet of white lilies. Walking steadily he inched slowly to where she lie then seating himself to eye her eager look; he began, “Ann, I am sorry about everything. I have lied to you about my background. Actually I am not dirt poor, but filthy rich. My parents are currently in Cambodia because we have a business there, and…and I wanted to tell you before you hear it from another. Ann don’t be mad…”
    Her weak smile can melt every hard edge icicles anywhere and warm any cold heart. “Shawn, why should I be mad it doesn’t matter to me about your money. Now tell me how much longer must I reside here in this, this lonely place. I am bored already.”
    “There now sweet Ann, my darling Ann your parents are currently remodeling their new house for your homecoming. I will accompany you right now until they return, and you can go back home tomorrow.”
    “Wait, you said remodeling. Now when did they get this new place and how about my old home?”
    “I forgot to tell you that, after the first night of your fever you were immediately transferred over to Boston. And the biotechs and doctors worked hand in hand day and night to find the antidote for you. Your parents didn’t know when you will wake up so they bought a cheap house here, and unexpectedly you woke up on the third day!”
    Stunned by the very words she uttered nothing speechable.
    The next day she moved into her new home which was very big and spacious compared to the apartment, and as for her parents. They each found work in a prestigious company offering them good position as managers and supervisors with good benefit and not to mention excellent pay. Ann enrolled herself into a nearby high school and soon it is time for her graduation.
    Afterward she made a very important decision in her life, and that is to be engaged to Shawn Kai. There might have been no other man that is more caring and honest to Ann such as he.
    Time seems to be spinning very fast for Ann, and in the very next step in her life that lay bumpless and nothing hazard in it’s way she finds herself in Northeastern University and ready to head off for the next stop in life. Harvard her very next goal to become a good lawyer in the Boston Law Firm.
    No doubt that along the very way to everyone of Ann’s success might have been from Shawn. His presence in her family’s success and in Ann’s security hold a dear post in her heart.
    Shortly after her grand success as one of the best paralegal in the Boston Law Firm and top student in Harvard she was asked to be married. That day was one that many would say unforgettable…
    Ann was off from work when Shawn picks her up and on her way home he instead of turning the usual street turns another corner. Along the street where he drove parked cars in rows with their windows all tinted with letters, “Will you marry me?”
    Reading almost every car along the street she turns to Shawn, then laughing she reads it aloud, “Will you marry me?”
    Without a hesitation he respond, “Of course.”

I wonder what will Anne's answer be? Yes or no? Update!!!!

Chapter 7

And that was it, a proposal that even Ann herself have never expected. There is no solid reason for Ann to say no. Blinking constantly she wavers that flashbacks out and excitedly packs her luggage hoping to meet Shawn’s parent before their wedding. His parents never seem to have any free time in hand after Ann moved to Boston. Could this be an excuse to understand more about her mother’s homeland, and the other part of Ann that is missing?
    Packing secretly is hard for Ann and especially when her family are so close, nothing is harder than to lie to these people. Knowing that her younger sister Kanary, will cry non-stop or beat Ann to death if she found out that Ann is going to Cambodia.
    Knock! Knock! Quickly she shoves her luggage under the bed and slips her ticket and passport under her blue pillow. Swinging around she faces Shawn, his grin wider and his arm hang itself forward.
    Shyly Ann hugs him dearly, looking directly into his eyes, “Shawn, what brought you here?”
    “I have a hunch that you are on a mission, and I am here to assist you like a sidekick.” Warmly he stares right into Ann’s darting eyes, recognizing it as mischief again.
    While they chat merrily, both didn’t notice Kanary at the door. This twenty year old girl eyes are far enchanting than Ann’s. If one were to describe Kanary to any element in this planet, they would say, she looks like a calming comet. It’s whipping tail swinging violently behind, while the star beam with comfort.
    Through the corner of Ann’s eyes she spotted a shadow, turning, “Kanary, come here. We were just talking about you. Shawn brought something for you, it’s something you have been asking over and over for.”
    Shawn started searching every pocket and glancing wildly around “Umm… Kanary I think I left it at home.”
    Kanary’s eyes drops, “It’s alright you come here everyday anyway, bring it tomarrow.” Her chest tightens, every time she sees Ann with Shawn, but this time it is worst because Shawn is not taking enough time for her.
    “Sike! Gotcha again Kanary! Here it is your very own crystal heart.” He held out a small gold box wrapped with red ribbons.
    Glittering with excitement she exclaims, “Thank you Shawn!” She saw to her heart’s content the crystal heart she saw at the mall the other day when shopping with Shawn and Ann. “How’d know I wanted this?”
    Grinning at his future sister-In-Law, he mimics her look, then precedes to telling, “You were wearing this look that day, and your eyes shine brightly than ever whenever you want something.” Astonish at his own observation, he stops there and doesn’t want to continue the details in front of Ann. Ashamed of himself he excused himself back to his office.
    “Kanary, come over here, let that brat go to work.” Ann motions for her sister to settle down. A conversation between sisters that never seem to end begins again except this time Ann doesn’t know how to tell her sister what she have in mind. An urge to yell and scream to tell the world that she is going to find her dream, or maybe her nightmare.

Kanary like Shawn, eh? Poor her, he only see her as a little sis

Chapter 8

Glancing around Ann recognizes nothing that resembles her dream. There is people with skin color from dark coffee to light pearl, Ann notices eyes that sway back and forth just staring at her.
    Ignoring is her only weapon in an unknown place especially when one cannot speak their language. Ann quickly roll her luggage to the nearest cab and without thought, “Take me to the nearest hotel. Oh, sorry you don’t speak English…Well, let me see my translator..” Fumbling through her coat suddenly the cab begin to move and unexpectedly Ann heard, “Madam, you don’t have to worry I speak English pretty well. How about Lucky Hotel, or would you prefer Jewel Room?”
    Gasping to gain control of the situation she seem to recognize this driver, but her choice right now is only to shove this out of her way. “Jewel Room please, and do you know any spot for me to tour the city. I understand that Phnom Penh is the capital of Cambodia, yet I do not know any place where I can explore. If you don’t mind can you…”
    Before she even finish her sentence the driver replied with a glee in his voice, “It would be an honor. How about tonight at 8:00? I could take you to the best restaurant and at the same time there is a dance show where you can see our finest dance.”
    “Do not call me Madam, my name is Ann. And yours?”
    “My name is … Leng.”

Ann’s luggage was carried into her room before Ann could even turn around after booking her room. The service is great and the people is so nice to her Ann began to realize why her mother always dream of coming back to her homeland.
    As she began to undress, her vision blur and darkness is the only comfort to her eyes.
    Ann woke up to find herself sitting on the beachside hugging her diary. She smiled inevitably to the rolling waves ahead of her. Suddenly there is this sharp pain in her side and droplets of blood trickled down her nose onto her curled fingers. As if this is a normal thing Ann pulled out a small bottle of pills and gulp down two of them.
    “Hey, you are early. Oh, gosh that diary again. Don’t you go a day without them? Anyway, um… what is it you want to do today?”
    “Nop, today I want to swim, but the problem is that I didn’t bring my bathing suit. And I was wondering if we could go purchase one and drop it off at our hut.”
    “Now dear, you know my name is Nop and that doesn’t mean I would say nope. We should go now before 6 o’clock, you know before he comes back home.”
    “Nop, I really, really, really love you!”
    “What…”
    Startled Ann woke up with perspiration and her very heart beating repeatedly. Ann never question her dreams or thought about them more than a dream. The man in her dream is always a blur or his face is somewhat familiar to her. “Oh the restaurant!”
    Ann began dressing up in a simple light blue cotton pants with floral prints on a dull orange blouse. After examining herself in the mirror, she heard a knock.

Chapter 9

Rushing over to the door, she swung it open to find herself face to face with a man not much older than herself. No! He is a lot older than herself according to the fashion and that mustache. His eyes are in deep concentration behind the spectacles while Ann search for a sign of recognition, “Miss Ann, are you ready?”
    “Oh! Leng. I didn’t recognize you. Sorry, its just that I only saw you from the behind and you look totally different with glasses. We could go now.”
    Driving through the inner city was an amazing tour for Ann. She washed her fear with the splendid lights and delicious food that Leng promised her.
    On their way back to the hotel Ann’s excitement seem to overflow her difference with the country she is in. Suddenly her eyes began to cloud and darkness completely took control of her…
    “Wake up, you silly girl. Look what Papa bought for you today.”
    Stirring up a little she opens her eyes to find a beautiful doll in her father’s hand.
    “Pap, where are you going today? It’s my birthday. Could you take me to the fair tonight I heard it is very fun and exciting.”
    “Darling, sugar honey I wish I could. But today I have to go back to the laboratory to help…well, to help find cures and antidote for patients that need them. You know that I work for I.T.L. Come now, you can go there with Tom. He will take care of you. Oh, it’s already 8:30! Happy Birthday, not everyday is my daughter 9 years old. Don‘t forget to take your…”
    “Pills! Go, before your late.”
    Feeling a bit disappointment before she drops her feet to the velvet carpet. At least tonight she can go out and meet other people instead of staying home all the time.
    That night lights and noise filled the air while she strolls across the prickling grass holding Tom’s hand.
    “Tom, I want to eat that!”
    “Miss, you want cotton candy? Wait here while I purchase one for you. What color do you want?”
    “I don’t want pink, get me blue.”
    Patting her head as he stroll across to the cotton candy booth, without a second thought he turn around with the blue cotton candy in his hand. Only to find that his master’s daughter is gone and probably…
    Dashing through the crowd to find Tom, she finds herself following an older boy about the age of 14 holding the same cotton candy.
    “Hey! Don’t follow me! Go away, I don’t like to be followed, you must be that annoying girl my parent send over to watch over me like a dog.”
    “No, I am…”
    “Never mind that girl is older than you and uglier, I’m sorry I’m Nop. You must want some cotton candy. Here we could share.”
    “Thanks, Nop you are so nice to me. Could we be friends, I never have any.”
    “Sorry, boys don’t play with girls, but if you keep it a secret we could. I have a hut next to seal beach. It’s …lean over I could tell you the direction, and tomorrow we could go there.”

Chapter 10

“NOP!”
    A piercing scream woke Ann up. Jerking up only to find that the scream was from her own lungs. Blinking around her, she wiped the tears from her cheeks. Wondering where the hell is she, home? Hotel? Cab? Reviewing the detail of the day Ann could only recall being in the cab and Leng was driving her back to the hotel.
    Inspecting her surrounding she figure that it must have been another hotel, or maybe Leng found a better home for her to stay for the time. The room is dark, but Ann could make out the soft color of the wallpaper and the beautiful painting of a nymph playing her flute to a young fisherman.
    A bland light that can blind every living creature swung open instantly, and spontaneously Ann covers her eyes from the glare. A dark shadow filled the door from head to foot, a man, yes. It has to be Leng. No. It’s not Leng. Who is it?
    “Excuse me where am I?” receiving no response she furiously flung herself off the bed and to find herself chain to the bed post by her left ankle. The man seem to be responding in Khmer, but unfortunately Ann can’t even make out a whole sentence without help from Shawn.
    She climbs back to bed and began to recall the incident, and soon only to find unanswered questions. Ann quickly tosses the problem aside and her mind drifted back to her dream.
    Feeling a bit weary Ann could only piece together a dream about a 9 year old girl who never step foot outside her home and encounters a friend in a fair. And that hiding place is a hut. Smiling to herself Ann began to link this dream to one previous about a girl and her best friend, N…Nop! Positioning herself better Ann began to piece together something that is more than a dream. Nop and a girl, who is this girl and she is very sick according to Ann’s perspective.
    “Ann, feeling better? I am Chit Hou the owner of Top Jewel. Hope you like your room.” A sly voice that fit a very distinguish handsome man in the late twenties whose eyebrows curve evenly with a tint of flirt, and a straight nose that points to his swell lips. Not to mention his firm jaws that are a bit too perfect to describe.
    “Oh, Chit, I am very annoyed by this. And why the chain? I demand of you intention before we speak again. Now!”
    “Feisty, I like that and so does…my customer. Now, Leng have sold you to me. You will serve as…what we call attendants here for fifteen years, or until someone pays you out.”
    “What if I don’t agree?”
    “Then you will be sampled by me, first then another two hundred men, until you agree or worst…okay now what do you say?”
    “Chit, I don’t speak Khmer. I agree to work here, but you must grant me to go out on dates with the customer.”
    “That I promise, now you can rest tonight, but tomorrow you must work.” snapping his fingers a lady in her mid thirties appear wearing a sexy dress shows up holding a simple white gown. “This is Rose, and Rose this is Ann. Tell Ann the rules and get her some dress tomorrow she will begin to work, in the blue diamond stage.”