Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What happens to GJ/HR and YG after ROCH?

Default What happens to GJ/HR and YG after ROCH?

Can someone tell me what happens (or where I can find out) to GJ/HR and YG after ROCH?

Someone told me that GJ/HR gets killed?!

Cant read Chinese so any translated copies on the web will be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Hingtei View Post
    Can someone tell me what happens (or where I can find out) to GJ/HR and YG after ROCH?

Someone told me that GJ/HR gets killed?!

Cant read Chinese so any translated copies on the web will be great.
    Read HSDS on wuxiapedia.

Thanks, but there are a lot of chapters. Any hints on whereabouts?

Or you can summarise for me

Quote Originally Posted by Hingtei View Post
    Thanks, but there are a lot of chapters. Any hints on whereabouts?

Or you can summarise for me
    YG and XLN lived in the tomb happily ever after.

HR and GJ died the day XY was taken.

For those interested in the real story of the fall of Xiangyang, check this out:
    http://www.deremilitari.org/resource...les/hanson.htm

Quote Originally Posted by sarakoth View Post
    YG and XLN lived in the tomb happily ever after.

HR and GJ died the day XY was taken.
    While Gwok Jing and Wong Yung certainly did die in the final Mongol siege of Seung Yeung Fortress thirteen years after the end of ROCH, the final fate of Yeung Gor and Little Dragon Girl is more ambiguous. Nobody knows exactly what happened to them, or how they finally met their end.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    While Gwok Jing and Wong Yung certainly did die in the final Mongol siege of Seung Yeung Fortress thirteen years after the end of ROCH, the final fate of Yeung Gor and Little Dragon Girl is more ambiguous. Nobody knows exactly what happened to them, or how they finally met their end.
    MOST likely died peacefully in the tomb, because the yellow dressed girl (ASSUMING that she is the decendent) said they retired from Jian Hu, and judging by her skills I doubt anyone could have went to the ancient tomb and disturb YG and XLN.
    秋风清,秋风明;落叶聚还散,寒鸦栖复惊。相思相见知何日,此时此夜难为情

Quote Originally Posted by shenlong View Post
    MOST likely died peacefully in the tomb, because the yellow dressed girl (ASSUMING that she is the decendent) said they retired from Jian Hu, and judging by her skills I doubt anyone could have went to the ancient tomb and disturb YG and XLN.
    They weren't at the ancient tomb. I'm sure GX went there to look for them. She never found them. Maybe YG and XLN found another place to live.

Quote Originally Posted by GuGu View Post
    They weren't at the ancient tomb. I'm sure GX went there to look for them. She never found them. Maybe YG and XLN found another place to live.
    Is the logical choice they went to is where LDG lived for 16 years. I mean, only YG was able to find LDG there. This seems more plausible than Ancient Tomb, cause I am sure GX would have checked the AT through the water passageway.

WCY was able to go through the Ancient Tomb unnoticed by LCY's decendents and carve out 9 Yin after pondering all of LCY's skills left. I don't think it is hard to GX to not find YG and XLN.

Maybe they did go to the south to raise chickens and ducks.

There was a sale on white silk the day that Gwok Seung went to visit the Ancient Tomb compound, so when she was there, the Divine Condor Couple was out shopping and missed her.

Too bad, so sad.

There was a sale on white silk the day that Gwok Seung went to visit the Ancient Tomb compound, so when she was there, the Divine Condor Couple was out shopping and missed her.

Too bad, so sad.
    Heh, that's creative.

Maybe we should create a thread for all of us to post up our own explanations for the unexplained or unrevealed mysteries of wuxia novels. It'd be fun. But a warning disclaimer would be posted to say: All explanations and theories are fictionalized by fans, don't believe everything you read in here.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

I don't even think Jin Yong knows where Yang Guo and Xiaolongnu retired to. It's a mystery.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Too bad, so sad.
    LOL creative yes, but I'd give GX more credit. She would be able to figure out if anyone lived there. If the place was cleaned without layers of dust then I think GX would stick around a few days if not weeks just to see if anyone would come back.

assuming they ever had kids, maybe took the little ones to visit the condor -- poor condor just kept YG as companion for only 16 years and made him train to keep his mind off XLN.

unless GX stayed for months at a time or came back every year - I doubt they would easily cross paths.

The couple could have vacationed at Sword Tomb, Pasionless Valley, and Ancient Tomb when they weren't farming.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesG View Post
    For those interested in the real story of the fall of Xiangyang, check this out:
    http://www.deremilitari.org/resource...les/hanson.htm
    Personally studying Chinese history, I found this site lacking some credibility when I read

"In Peter Lorge’s dissertation on the establishment of the Northern Song he theorizes that the Song were just as capable as the Tang or Han dynasties and were not as weak as we are led to believe. Rather the enemies of the Song were much more capable than the enemies of the Tang or Han dynasties. Yet the Song military did fail to defend their country."

and

"The Song were lacking in cavalry due to their failure to secure adequate areas to raise horses from the Khitan Liao and the Tanguts."

If the Song Dynasty were so good (even better than the Tang/Han as the article claimed), then they wouldn't have been defeated in every war they fought (as a list, that includes the Khitans, Jurchens, Tanguts, and Mongols). The author tried to blame it on the weaker opponents which is pure BS. The Xiongnu during Wudi's reign possessed the world's strongest army at that point (far superior to the Romans, Parthians, and Han) and controlled the most territories. And it's not as if the Han easily beat the Xiongnu army. It took 2 great generals in Huo Chubing and Wei Ching to turn the tide of the war (both of them are considered to be elite generals in Chinese history). According to Shi Ji, the Xiongnu were easily able to muster a calvary force up to 200,000 around 200 BC when they first surrounded Han Gaozu. Later when the Xiongnu fought Wudi, the Xiongnu's army further grew and became stronger. At the time of Wudi, after changing the army(with a bit more focus on the calvary), he was able to muster an army of about 100,000 calvary and 500,000 infantry.
    Another evidence of the strength of these nomads were the Huns that swept through Europe like nothing. Though the roots of the Huns are a mystery to historians, historians hypothesize that that the Huns were actually the Xiongnu people that were kicked into Europe.

Claiming the Turks were weaker just further lowers Pete's credibility as the 500s was considered the peak of the Nomads (which were the Turks) before Genghis Khan. The Turkish people controlled the land in the North all the way to the Caspian Sea above the Persian Sansannid Empire. Here is the map-http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f1/Gokturkut.png

Even in the 600s, the Turks still controlled the same amount of land and were just as powerful before. In 630 and 657, Li Jing (one of the greatest general in Chinese history) conquered the Eastern Turks and Su Ding Fang defeated the weakened Western Turks(that had been weakened with earlier defeates).

Another fact in history is that out of all the Han ethnic dynasties, the Tang had the best calvary group (with horses purchased from the Turks after vassalizing them). During Taizong, the calvary was up to 20% of the army.

As for the enemies of the Song, the only one that was trully capable and better than the Xiongnu and the Turks were the Mongols (which is the considered the peak of the Nomads in all of history). The Tanguts, Khitans, and Jurchens were nothing compared to the Xiongnu or Turks that the Tang and Han had to face (ok, maybe the Jurchens under Wanyan Aguda, but not the other 2).

And finally, those 2 quotes contradict each other as a successful army needs at least an adequate calvary. The Han and Tang had strong calvaries (though the # was probably still less than half of the Xiongnu and Turks). The Mongols and Manchurians had strong calvaries during their peak. And even the Ming Dynasty under Yongle (the military peak of the Ming) had a strong calvary. The Song as mentioned, has close to none.
    法王正欲回掌相击,突听嗤嗤轻响一股柔和的气流涌向面门,正是一灯大师使出“一阳指”功夫,正面拦截。法王一直没将这白眉老僧放在眼内,那料到他这一指之功,竟是如此深厚
    此时一灯大师的“一阳指”功夫实已到了登峰造极、炉火纯青的地步,指上发出的那股罡气似是温淳平和,但沛然浑厚,无可与抗

um sorry to dissapoint you Shenlong, but you won't find that knowledge on wikipedia. At least not the stats. You'll find it if you're willing to go to the Chinese History Forum.

Actually... Shenlong is right to some point.... because I WROTE the warring sections on wikipedia for Kangxi, Yongzheng, Qianlong, Tang Taizong, Song Taizong (all of it), Song Taizu (all of it). And I wrote how much taels the dynasty had. If it weren't for this stupid computer (I'm on a different computer since I'm visiting Singapore), I would edit some of the info on Wikipedia written by someone named "Korean History" who keeps talking about Tang Taizong being destroyed in 645. First, he used questionable sources while I used Zhi Zhi Tongjian+New Tang Shu+Old Tang Shu which clearly said Tang Taizong sent out an army of 100,000 with 10,000 calvary. After failing to take down the Ansi Castle, Tang Taizong retreated due to 1. lack of food 2. winter is approaching. The losses were recorded to be about 10,000 soldiers and 7000-8000 horses. Yes, it wasn't exactly the prettiest battle for Taizong, but these #s contrasted dramatically with the #s he put on which were 300,000 soldiers and 300,000 soldiers dead.

And tell me if you can find this info on wikipedia- http://bbs.hefei.cc/archiver/?tid-382544.html
    That is a GREAT article on the calvary system of the Tang Dynasty. Anything you need to know about the miltiary calvary # is given.
    Last edited by Whsie; 07-05-07 at 04:46 PM.
    法王正欲回掌相击,突听嗤嗤轻响一股柔和的气流涌向面门,正是一灯大师使出“一阳指”功夫,正面拦截。法王一直没将这白眉老僧放在眼内,那料到他这一指之功,竟是如此深厚
    此时一灯大师的“一阳指”功夫实已到了登峰造极、炉火纯青的地步,指上发出的那股罡气似是温淳平和,但沛然浑厚,无可与抗

Quote Originally Posted by Whsie View Post
    um sorry to dissapoint you Shenlong, but you won't find that knowledge on wikipedia. At least not the stats. You'll find it if you're willing to go to the Chinese History Forum.

Actually... Shenlong is right to some point.... because I WROTE the warring sections on wikipedia for Kangxi, Yongzheng, Qianlong, Tang Taizong, Song Taizong (all of it), Song Taizu (all of it). And I wrote how much taels the dynasty had. If it weren't for this stupid computer (I'm on a different computer since I'm visiting Singapore), I would edit some of the info on Wikipedia written by someone named "Korean History" who keeps talking about Tang Taizong being destroyed in 645. First, he used questionable sources while I used Zhi Zhi Tongjian+New Tang Shu+Old Tang Shu which clearly said Tang Taizong sent out an army of 100,000 with 10,000 calvary. After failing to take down the Ansi Castle, Tang Taizong retreated due to 1. lack of food 2. winter is approaching. The losses were recorded to be about 10,000 soldiers and 7000-8000 horses. Yes, it wasn't exactly the prettiest battle for Taizong, but these #s contrasted dramatically with the #s he put on which were 300,000 soldiers and 300,000 soldiers dead.

And tell me if you can find this info on wikipedia- http://bbs.hefei.cc/archiver/?tid-382544.html
    That is a GREAT article on the calvary system of the Tang Dynasty. Anything you need to know about the miltiary calvary # is given.
    I was joking, hence the ''

I love history myself, and only ever use Wikipedia for things I have never heard of in my life to have a very brute understanding, so I have a pretty good idea what kind of information I can get on Wikipedia. (Which, by the way, is not that much)

I've actually never been to a Chinese history only forum/site though unless I really google it. Care to reveal some sources?