Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking for A Specific Themesong/Subtheme. Ask here!

Default Looking for A Specific Themesong/Subtheme. Ask here!

Here are a couple of CD sets that you must own. Great sound quality:

http://us.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.asp...id-1003882570/

http://lib.verycd.com/2006/04/24/0000100245.html

I wasn't able to find the 2nd link at Yesasia.
    Last edited by triumph2004; 12-31-10 at 04:02 AM.
    "If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put it in a bottle it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash. Be water my friends.

You know what's really hard to come by are the subthemes of HSDS '86. The main theme song for that series you can still find from time to time on a compilation of 1980s TVB theme songs, but the subthemes...forget it. I think they were first issued as either singles or tracks on a Tony Leung or Anita Mui album back in 1986, but those are looooong out of print.

It's a shame, really, because those were among the last great works that Joseph Koo did for TVB.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    You know what's really hard to come by are the subthemes of HSDS '86. The main theme song for that series you can still find from time to time on a compilation of 1980s TVB theme songs, but the subthemes...forget it. I think they were first issued as either singles or tracks on a Tony Leung or Anita Mui album back in 1986, but those are looooong out of print.

It's a shame, really, because those were among the last great works that Joseph Koo did for TVB.
    Yeah I have the themesong on CD cause "Wah Sing" came out with a compilation a couple years ago. It was a great 2 disc set. But sub songs, damn, haven't been able to find it at all. Another one I'm trying to find is the theme and subsongs for New Adventures of Chor Lau Heung and the subsong for the 80s version of Flying Fox on Snowy Mountain.
    "If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put it in a bottle it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash. Be water my friends.

The subthemes of HSDS86 were unreleased. They are not available on CD or vinyl.
    The best version you can get is from the HSDS86 retail dvd.

BTW, those songs wee written by Michael Lai Siu Tin. Lyrics were written by James Wong. Those songs are great nonetheless.
    Last edited by wargods; 06-27-07 at 08:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by almo89 View Post
    Yeah I have the themesong on CD cause "Wah Sing" came out with a compilation a couple years ago. It was a great 2 disc set. But sub songs, damn, haven't been able to find it at all. Another one I'm trying to find is the theme and subsongs for New Adventures of Chor Lau Heung and the subsong for the 80s version of Flying Fox on Snowy Mountain.
    The New Adventures of Chor Lau Heung theme song (Disc 2, track 4):
    http://us.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.asp...id-1001811321/

Subtheme of The New Adventures of Chor Lau Heung (Roman and Liza duet) is only available on vinyl.
    The solo subtheme by Liza Wang is unreleased.

The subtheme of Flying Fox of Snowy Mountain is released on CD, but that cd was released in 1985and it is very rare.
    I've managed to find the CD from the HK yahoo auction site, but it is VERY VERY pricey.

http://hk.f2.page.auctions.yahoo.com...ction/b6202435

may sau qua!

Quote Originally Posted by wargods View Post
    The subthemes of HSDS86 were unreleased. Its not available on CD or vinyl.
    Never? I wonder why. The standard practice back in the 1980s was for the theme songs of TVB series to be released as a soundtrack album...or just as tracks on the singer's then-current album (which were often the same thing). It was a great way to make extra money from the popularity of a series.

It seems outright bizarre that this wasn't done for the HSDS '86 songs, as they were good songs and Anita Mui and Tony Leung were at the height of their first burst of popularity in 1986.

Never? I wonder why. The standard practice back in the 1980s was for the theme songs of TVB series to be released as a soundtrack album...or just as tracks on the singer's then-current album (which were often the same thing). It was a great way to make extra money from the popularity of a series.

It seems outright bizarre that this wasn't done for the HSDS '86 songs, as they were good songs and Anita Mui and Tony Leung were at the height of their first burst of popularity in 1986.
    Never is really the answer, and I don't know why either. Back then, Anita and Tony did made a few albums, but those songs were never released; perhaps it's because the songs did not fit the theme of the albums. HSDS86 theme song was first released on a compilation album back in the 1987, but unfortunately the subthemes were not included.

Thanks for the link wargods! "Wah Sing" songs are the ones that are so hard to track down. There's this Jackie Chan and Anita Mui duet that I want, but the CD is so rare and on eBay it costs $100.

hey all, thanks for all the help.

Anybody know which albums has the mandarin and canto versions of Return of Condors Heroes 95 and Kung Fu Master from Guandong? Also im looking for TV version and regular version of the theme song for Demi Gods and Semi Devils 96. These are all Emil Chau songs, but I don't know which albums they were on. Thanks.

Anybody know which albums has the mandarin and canto versions of Return of Condors Heroes 95 and Kung Fu Master from Guandong? Also im looking for TV version and regular version of the theme song for Demi Gods and Semi Devils 96. These are all Emil Chau songs, but I don't know which albums they were on. Thanks.
    I believe the mandarin version of theme for ROCH95 is sung by Phil Chang isn't it?

I never know what album they're on, but I've collected all these songs years ago from the internet.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Another good compilation

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-...n-70-15wc.html

Is it just me having problems finding older CD's on yesasia?
    Last edited by almo89; 06-27-07 at 11:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    I believe the mandarin version of theme for ROCH95 is sung by Phil Chang isn't it?

I never know what album they're on, but I've collected all these songs years ago from the internet.
    I have the both versions on Mp3 and I'm pretty sure it was Emil Chau. Even though I have it on mp3, I still would like to collect the CD

I have the both versions on Mp3 and I'm pretty sure it was Emil Chau. Even though I have it on mp3, I still would like to collect the CD
    Yes, you're right.

This is the mandarin version: http://youtube.com/watch?v=HgGwiagNDTQ

But I remember when they featured a trailer of the mandarin version, they didn't have a duet but only have a male singer. Did I remember wrong?
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Kung Fu Master of Guangdong (Mandarin)
    The Condor Heroes 95 (Cantonese)
    The Demi-Gods & Semi-Devils 1996 (Cantonese)
    http://us.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.asp...-all/pid-6352/

Kung Fu Master of Guangdong (Cantonese)
    The Demi-Gods & Semi-Devils 1996 (Cantonese)
    http://us.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.asp...id-1001809735/

Kung Fu Master of Guangdong (Cantonese)
    The Condor Heroes 95 (Mandarin)
    http://us.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.asp...id-1001819962/
    Last edited by wargods; 06-28-07 at 12:04 AM.

Another good compilation

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-...n-70-15wc.html

Is it just me having problems finding older CD's on yesasia?
    Same cd but with Yesasia link, Out of Stock tho.
    http://us.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.asp...id-1004098176/

Quote Originally Posted by wargods View Post
    Same cd but with Yesasia link, Out of Stock tho.
    http://us.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.asp...id-1004098176/
    How do you find all these out of stock links?

How do you find all these out of stock links?
    Click on the singers, and check the lists.
    I only use the search engine to search for singers direct links.
    In my opinion, the search engine is written poorly. I typed some Chinese CDs titles to the search engine, and it never gives me the links I want.
    I have to look through the pages for the particular singer.

I know I am providing out of stock links, but I am pretty sure you can find the CDs in Vancouver or elsewhere.
    Last edited by wargods; 06-28-07 at 12:11 AM.