Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Queen's

skylee, so you noticed Andy in the promotional poster first huh? I actually blew right past the poster. The poster made me think it was some kind of serious drama. I wasn't sure if i would like the series based on the poster but after reading the synopsis for it, it sounded pretty goofy so i decided to check it out. Well, of course, Andy definitely was the main reason why i even started to watch it in the first place. I always need someone to focus on my attention on. I saw episode 4 screencaps of Andy first and then i scrolled back to analyze the poster. I think Andy looks different in the poster. Maybe it's because his hair is shorter there. But good grief, i was so drawn to him that i watched parts of episode 4 first and then started from the beginning. Hehe.

I agree that Andy is really good-looking and looks cuter than a lot of the other Taiwanese actors. In fact, i think Andy's quite hot and that's saying a lot for me since i don't usually think anyone is "hot." I think Joe Cheng is cute but Andy is much cuter. Joe's a model too so i'm sure Andy would do well if he were to become a model. Especially with that long hair of his. It's so model-like. Yeah, i hope that Andy will eventually get some more recognition later on. I'm just happy that he's one of the main characters in Queen's. His role in Hana Kimi was just so minor but at the same time amusing. Oh, and by the way, that picture of Andy and Danson Tang that you had posted for me in the Current crush/obsession thread is from KO One as opposed to Hana Kimi. I showed it to other people and they totally recognized their outfits as being from KO One. I haven't actually watched KO One yet but i know that Andy's role is bigger in KO One than in Hana Kimi. I'm hoping to start watching KO One soon so i can watch X-Family, which unfortunately has a lot of the same people from KO One but no Andy.

Xiao Gang is alright as Tie Xiong. He's really grown on me by now. I think he's got his feminine qualities but he looks nowhere near as feminine as the character in the manhwa. The manhwa character basically looks like a girl. It was kinda freaky. I usually like bishies but this one was a bit on the extreme.

Queen's is my favorite series at the moment. It's so entertaining and i always anticipate the next subbed episode. Not to mention when another subbed episode comes out, i always everything else on hold just to watch it. I was definitely on a Queen's high a little while ago but i think i might've calmed down by now.

Oh, and on a side note 'cause i realized that i never wrote a response but i do find Roy Qiu to be cute. There was one picture that you posted, skylee, where i thought he was really cute. I've never seen him before. I read his DramaWiki and i haven't seen of those series that he's been in. Speaking of DramaWiki, they really need to update Andy's with an upcoming series or something.

Suet Seung, wow, you can't stand Ke Er that much? I have to admit i was a bit annoyed by her character when i first saw her plus i wasn't big on her voice. I didn't think too much of her either. But she's really grown on me by now too. She is a selfish person but you'll see that she realizes her mistakes and tries to learn from them. She doesn't totally use Tie Xiong any more. I know you'll despise me for saying this, but i find Yong Jun and Ke Er to be cute together. I like how she and Tie Xiong make him realize what a rotten person he can be and that causes him to change for the better. I also find it cute that Andy and Amanda are holding hands in the promotional poster. That definitely caught my attention the first time i was looking at the poster.

By the way, here are some youtube links of the Queen's cast at, i guess, some promotional thing. Andy looks so good with those thick black frames of his. It was so funny to see him totally go in for the kiss with Xiao Gang. You can see that Xiao Gang is more on the hesitant side whereas Andy totally was not shy about it.

December 6, 2006: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjtaoyqCXUo

Here's another clip of the Queen's cast. You can see that Andy's hair is shorter here. Based on their clothes, this was probably during their promotional poster photo shoot. You can see the guys acting all goofy and happily taking turns dancing. Xiao Gang sure is a dancer isn't he? I guess that's one of the reasons why he was the next recruit for the group Energy. And i have to say, must be nice to be Amanda and get to squeeze in between Andy and Xiao Gang on the couch like that. It looked pretty tight. Plus, she got to hold his hand on the promotional poster for the series. Sigh.

January 24, 2007: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIC2FJHwN-U

Here are some more screencaps of Andy (good grief, there has to be a site where we can find his other pics). Gotta love how Andy totally disses that girl in the scene where he first appears. His break-up methods are too hilarious.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/9193/andygongqueensmw4.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/4589/andygongqueens1bm1.jpg')

I love his facial expression here. Haha.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/3044/vlcsnap210536425cb5go4.jpg')

And boy does he look cute with that innocent look of his.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/1046/vlcsnap11268643e597wa5.jpg')
    I <3 MatsuJun

Forever Fahrenheit (飛輪海) - Jiro & Arron = <3

Hey Beanie,

HAve you seen that picture of the cast with Andy Gong and Michael Zhang crossdressing? Sad to say, Andy is better off as a guy. Mwahahhaa....I really can't stand Ke Er. She always makes herself out to be the victim.

Xiao Gang looks better outside of Queen's, I mean with different hairstyle and everything. I've seen it, he doesn't look as goofy and girlie as Tie Xiong.
    Last edited by Suet Seung; 09-18-07 at 09:01 PM.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    Hey Beanie,

HAve you seen that picture of the cast with Andy Gong and Michael Zhang crossdressing? Sad to say, Andy is better off as a guy. Mwahahhaa....I really can't stand Ke Er. She always makes herself out to be the victim.

Xiao Gang looks better outside of Queen's, I mean with different hairstyle and everything. I've seen it, he doesn't look as goofy and girlie as Tie Xiong.
    Oh no, i haven't. Where can i see that picture? Haha, that's too bad for Andy but i guess that just means he's quite manly. So how did Michael Zhang fare?

By the way, do you know where i can find pics of the Queen's cast doing whatever (i really like the people in Queen's...they're all so cute) or anything remotedly related to Andy? I think i'm getting desperate for anything related to Andy. Haha.

Yeah, Xiao Gang looks a lot better outside. He looks good dancing too. Hehe.
    I <3 MatsuJun

Here you go beanie, the picture I was talking about....
    http://www.wretch.cc/blog/ice1013&article_id=10241208

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Here you go beanie, the picture I was talking about....
    http://www.wretch.cc/blog/ice1013&article_id=10241208
    Hey, thanks a bunch, Suet Seung, but i didn't see that picture. Did it get deleted? Oh, whose wretch blog is this?
    I <3 MatsuJun

Quote Originally Posted by beanybeans View Post
    Hey, thanks a bunch, Suet Seung, but i didn't see that picture. Did it get deleted? Oh, whose wretch blog is this?
    I don't know. The picture works for me. Well, you can click on this link and scroll down till you see the group picture.
    http://www.wretch.cc/blog/ice1013

I don't know. The picture works for me. Well, you can click on this link and scroll down till you see the group picture.
    http://www.wretch.cc/blog/ice1013
    Good grief, i don't think my computer likes that site. My main browser is Firefox and i couldn't even tell that there were supposed to be pictures on that site until i tried opening it with IE. But with IE, i see several boxes for pictures but none of them are showing up. Geez. I guess it's not meant to be.
    I <3 MatsuJun

Quote Originally Posted by beanybeans View Post
    Good grief, i don't think my computer likes that site. My main browser is Firefox and i couldn't even tell that there were supposed to be pictures on that site until i tried opening it with IE. But with IE, i see several boxes for pictures but none of them are showing up. Geez. I guess it's not meant to be.
    I guess so. I mean, I even tried to save the picture but it doesn't seem to be possible sorry. Maybe you'll run into the same picture elsewhere.

I guess so. I mean, I even tried to save the picture but it doesn't seem to be possible sorry. Maybe you'll run into the same picture elsewhere.
    Hey, thanks for trying but i actually finally got it to work. My Norton wasn't letting it load up unless i disabled it. So they're both dressed in drag? And yeah, not a very attractive Andy there. Michael Zhang has a really goofy-looking smile on his face too. Hehe. Who's the girl on the far right? Oh, wait, is that one of Tie Xiong's sisters? The second eldest one right? Oh, and i guess wretchblogs don't let you right-mouse click to save pics. Geez. By any chance, do you know where to download clips of the Queen's cast doing promotions or going on variety shows, Suet Seung?
    I <3 MatsuJun

So I watched the first 7 episodes (I think) of this but I think I will stop here since Andy's character just realize he likes Ke er. I was rooting for him and teddy bear. Maybe one day I will continue, but right now it looks unlikely.
    Last edited by MysticDust; 10-08-07 at 06:02 PM.
    How come most 江湖 (jiānghú) wanderers never worry about money? I wonder how a 大俠 (dàxiá) make a living...does meddling in people's business and righting wrongs pay well?

Quote Originally Posted by MysticDust View Post
    So I watched the first 7 episodes (I think) of this but I think I will stop here since Andy's character just realize he likes Ke er. I was rooting for him and teddy bear. Maybe one day I will continue, but right now it looks unlikely.
    That bad, huh? I actually like that Yong Jun likes Ke Er. Ke Er's character is getting better too, not as selfish. And i guess i'm okay with Tie Xiong liking Fu Nan. They would make an interesting couple. Though if Yong Jun were to get together with Tie Xiong, that would be even more interesting. But i don't see Tie Xiong swinging that way though if Yong Jun were to really go after him.
    I <3 MatsuJun

The problem with Ke Er is that she's inconsiderate and is blind to Tie Xiong's feelings! Everytime she kind of expresses remorse for treating Tie Xiong badly, it makes her look fake. I don't know. She's just annoys the heck out of me because she's a weak and petite girl, her face just says "Love me, feel sorry for me because I'm the victim!" Gahh....she can't act at all!!!!!!!!@

So Suet Seung, are you still watching Queen's or have you just totally dropped it because of the way the storyline is turning out? For what it's worth, Andy's still ultra cute in it.
    I <3 MatsuJun

Banned

Nice beanybeans for the details. Is this a somekind of asian series? What its plot?

Quote Originally Posted by FireLord View Post
    Nice beanybeans for the details. Is this a somekind of asian series? What its plot?
    Queen's is a Taiwanese series that came out in March 2007.

Here's the DramaWiki synopsis:

Who says a man has to have big muscle? I will make myself more manly. My name is Tie Xiong.
    Who says a woman has to be cute and soft spoken? I will do whatever I want. My name is Lin Fu Nan.

Tie Xiong is in love with a girl named Ke Er, who is an anime/manga cosplay fanatic. To get closer to her, he learned handicraft, joined cosplay club, and cross-dressed as Saber. He didn't get the girl. What he got for his beautiful face and feminine-ish new hobbies was being her new best friend, a nickname of "Teddy Bear," and an unwanted rumor that he is gay. And the most depressing of all, he ended up helping her chase after school basketball player Yong Jun. That was when he realized, he had went about the wrong way for her heart. She wanted a sweaty-smelling manly man and not a little sweet teddy bear.

Just when all the setbacks made him want to give up, he found light in a manga called, "The Real Man." A chance encounter with the artist Lin Fu Nan confirmed that this manly author would be his savior."

It's a pretty entertaining series. Not to mention i just love Andy Gong (ie, Jin Yong Jun in the series). This is probably my first series where i didn't know anyone. I usually go for series with people i know. So it was a pleasant surprise to discover this series and now it's one of my favorites. Queen's is also based off of the Korean manhwa of the same name. If you get a chance, you should check it out, FireLord.
    I <3 MatsuJun

I used to switch back and forth between American shows and Asian series. Now i'm more into the Asian ones (more specifically, Taiwanese series and at times i get really into Japanese series too) but i still remain faithful to the American ones too.

Well, if you do decide to watch Queen's, feel free to share your thoughts, FireLord.
    I <3 MatsuJun

Beanie, I'm waiting for subs to watch further. I'm waiting for the scene where they parody Yang Guo and Xiao Long Nu and I think it is Tie Xiong and Lin Fu Nan that parody it. I look forward to this coupling.

Andy is just too pretty and handsome for Ke Er, that is among the thousand reasons why I refuse to acknowledge this coupling. Can't believe Ke Er is rewarded with a great looking man like Yong Jun. I'm not impressed, stupid heartbreaker Ke Er!

Good grief, i was wondering why FireLord's latest post got deleted. Now i see that he got banned. Gosh, but with only 43 posts?

Anyway, Suet Seung, subbed Queen's episodes 8 & 9 were recently released this past week. The Yang Guo and Xiao Long Nu parody is in episode 9. There's another parody that occurs right after the YG/XLN one. Which characters are Tie Xiong and Lin Fu Nan playing there? I didn't recognize them. I like the Tie Xiong/Lin Fu Nan pair too. I think Lin Fu Nan is pretty darn funny because of how "rough" she can be and her raspy voice adds to that. It's pretty entertaining to see how into Fu Nan Tie Xiong is. I like how he keeps challenging Ren He but then Ren He doesn't exactly take him that seriously. I also find Ren He kid's to be quite cute.

Andy IS extremely pretty. Hehe. It makes me wonder if he has a girlfriend. If so, that is one lucky girl. Anyway, Yong Jun has lightened up quite a bit ever since he realized he has feelings for Ke Er. So you can see his sweeter side and more of his smiles. Andy looks so cute when he smiles. Though when he puts on his irritated face, he still looks really cute. I prefer his smiles more though.
    I <3 MatsuJun

Talking

Beanie, have you finished this series yet? Queen's, I mean. Do you know why they call it Queen's. I think I only watched up to the part where Tie Xiong is acting jealous and tries to prove that Ren He is not a good guy.

For me, I've just finished The Rose and Summer X Summer because of Joe Cheng. I watched or skimmed It Started with a Kiss and just never liked Joe until The Rose. He's very versatile in his acting, I'm impressed.

But really, I shouldn't be watching any series at the moment because I've got midterms coming up and a essay due at the end of the month.

Beanie, have you finished this series yet? Queen's, I mean. Do you know why they call it Queen's. I think I only watched up to the part where Tie Xiong is acting jealous and tries to prove that Ren He is not a good guy.

For me, I've just finished The Rose and Summer X Summer because of Joe Cheng. I watched or skimmed It Started with a Kiss and just never liked Joe until The Rose. He's very versatile in his acting, I'm impressed.

But really, I shouldn't be watching any series at the moment because I've got midterms coming up and a essay due at the end of the month.
    Suet Seung, i have no idea why the series is called Queen's. All i know is that the Korean manhwa is called Queen's. But the English translation for the Mandarin title is Queen's Glass Shoes. I don't know if "Glass Shoes" was part of the original Korean manhwa title or what. The manhwa is licensed in the US but it's just called Queen's. The whole Queen's Glass Shoes title throws me off.

Anyway, i totally wish i was already done watching this series already. Unfortunately, i have to rely on English subtitles. I've only watched through what's been subbed which would be episode 9. So just 4 more episodes to go. And yeah, Tie Xiong makes the funniest faces when he's all jealous of Ren He.

Really? I love Joe in ISWAK though he could be such an arrogant bastard. Hehe. I'm looking forward to watching ISWAK 2. I actually have both The Rose and Summer x Summer but i still have yet to watch those. I would think that The Rose is better than Summer x Summer. Summer x Summer ratings weren't that great. I haven't seen Joe in anything else besides ISWAK. Speaking of Joe, i actually kind of thought of him when i first saw Andy on screen in Queen's. Not because they look alike (actually Joe reminds me of Edison Chen at times) but maybe because both their characters have that arrogant air about them. Plus, i was really drawn to both of them because how nice-looking they are and not to mention they're pretty tall. But i have to say that by now i'm much more attracted to Andy's look.

Gosh, even though i've been done with school for a while now i should try and be more productive with my time. I can't even watch and complete series that i've downloaded either. Just thinking about it gives me a headache too. Hehe.
    I <3 MatsuJun