Thread: Why DFBB didn't killed RWX?

Question Why DFBB didn't killed RWX?

I'm just wondering why DFBB jailed RWX instead of killing him. Is there any reasons why DFBB keep RWX alive?

he traded RWX's life in order to become an enunch (ie. obtain Sunflower Manual)

Good question. Never was explained too clearly; some lingering vestiges of loyalty, possibly, to the person who had treated him pretty well and even given him the Sunflower Manual; alternately, perhaps at first, he had wanted to force RWX to teach him XXDF?
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

Killing RWX would set a bad precedent

Actually, I think it was mentioned that DFBB is RWX's brother-in-law, and DFBB's sister begged him not to kill RWX. So he obliged.

However, that begs the question: if DFBB's sister knew what was going on, why didn't she try to intervene?

TVB filler, I'm pretty sure. I completely do not recall that ever being mentioned in the book anywhere.
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Wo Xing View Post
    Good question. Never was explained too clearly; some lingering vestiges of loyalty, possibly, to the person who had treated him pretty well and even given him the Sunflower Manual; alternately, perhaps at first, he had wanted to force RWX to teach him XXDF?

I dont think is because of his loyalty to you. Cause if he was loyal to you,
    he wouldn't put you in jail. And having the Sunflower Manual in his possession,
    he dont need XXDF to become an elite fighter anymore. Do you think it's possible that he keep you alive as a hostage in case your buddies are trying to do a revolt against him?

some lingering vestiges of loyalty, possibly, to the person who had treated him pretty well and even given him the Sunflower Manual;
    Indeed, This was an explanation supported by information found in the novel.

想到这一节,自然而然的就会推断:“原来当时爹爹已瞧出东方不败包藏祸心,传
    他宝典是有意陷害于他。向叔叔却还道爹爹颟顸懵憧,给东方不败蒙在鼓里,空自着急。
    其实以爹爹如此精明厉害之人,怎会长期的如此胡涂?只不过人算不如天算,东方不败竟
    然先下手为强,将爹爹捉了起来,囚入西湖湖底。总算他心地还不是坏得到家,倘若那时
    竟将爹爹一刀杀了,或者吩咐不给饮食,爹爹哪里还有报仇雪恨的机会?其实我们能杀了
    东方不败,那也是侥幸之极的事,若无冲郎在旁援手,爹爹、向叔叔、上官云和我四人,
    一上来就给东方不败杀了。又若无杨莲亭在旁乱他心神,东方不败仍是不败。”
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Wo Xing View Post
    TVB filler, I'm pretty sure. I completely do not recall that ever being mentioned in the book anywhere.
    huh... I don't think I got it from the only TVB adaptation I saw, namely the 1982 one, especially since I fast-forwarded through the parts that were blatant deviations/filler parts. I could be wrong, but I thought I read it from the translation--been awhile since I've read the old parts, though. I'll check if I have a chance.
    Last edited by dewyloony123; 07-10-07 at 01:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dewyloony123 View Post
    Killing RWX would set a bad precedent

Actually, I think it was mentioned that DFBB is RWX's brother-in-law, and DFBB's sister begged him not to kill RWX. So he obliged.

However, that begs the question: if DFBB's sister knew what was going on, why didn't she try to intervene?
    It been many years since I read this book but I'm fairly certain this did not happen.
    I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.

Quote Originally Posted by dewyloony123 View Post
    huh... I don't think I got it from the only TVB adaptation I saw, namely the 1982 one, especially since I fast-forwarded through the parts that were blatant deviations/filler parts. I could be wrong, but I thought I read it from the translation--been awhile since I've read the old parts, though. I'll check if I have a chance.

Considering that DFBB explicitly stated that he killed all his women after learning KHBD, this is a blatant deviation.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

well, if DFBB had a sister, she wouldn't be "his woman" (I hope o.O Otherwise he's more messed up than we thought he was). Anyways, I'll retract my guess--I looked thru Chapter 21 and 31, the most likely places for anything like this to be mentioned, and I didn't see it. Maybe I'm mixing this up with something else I've read. Hm. Definitely didn't see it in the adaptation though. Sorry for any confusion this might've caused, though I probably confused myself the most XD

(OT remark @ CC: Awesome signature! Where did that come from?)

or... maybe he was just being cruel and making him live to "watch" him take over his cult while he's just locked up underwater... just to piss him off more

I believe that DFBB let RWX live not because of any last vestiges of loyalty but because he wanted to gloat.

When they met before the final fight, DFBB was being sarcastic and talking about how he let RWX enjoy a peaceful retirement in a wonderful environment. That hints that he wanted RWX to live and suffer.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!