Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cardboard key to Beijing street food

Quote Originally Posted by girllikeme View Post
    I dont believe this. Some far off relatives of mine sell these buns. Ive watched them make them from scratch. Certainly did not find any carboard in sight.

Why does everyone think china is a complete disgrace HUH? Just becaues its pretty polluted and does have some bad things, doesnt mean every single thing is horrible.
    We're not saying every single stall that sells these pork buns are doing it. And from what has been happening with products from China, more people are going to believe the worst. I'm only hoping that none of the imported pork buns I've eaten from China is made with anything besides pork.

it was a hoax! used to catch attention.

but OT; a major story where i live is that a worker for a chinese buffet was caught in a picture crushing glarlic in a bucket outside in the alley with his SHOE!!!!!
    eww. dirt and grime for supper anyone?
    http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?se...cal&id=5651951
    The best part of believe is the lie.

i was about to post the topic of garlic crushing issue. yucks.....

back to the cardboard bun issue, i think the govt is trying to cover up the issue because it may affect the economy of China, as Beijing is going to host next yrs Olympic games.

with all the news reported in the media, what i can say is that china gave an impression to most of us, or particularly ME, a very very very bad impression. there are trying to kill themselves by producing fake stuff that kill innocences, animal cruelty, pollution, human trafficking, and u name it they've done it issues.... i think china will have a hard time to clear their name after all these issues.

p/s: above statements are just my opinion. i come in peace Y(^_^)Y

Quote Originally Posted by kacheek View Post
    i was about to post the topic of garlic crushing issue. yucks.....

back to the cardboard bun issue, i think the govt is trying to cover up the issue because it may affect the economy of China, as Beijing is going to host next yrs Olympic games.

with all the news reported in the media, what i can say is that china gave an impression to most of us, or particularly ME, a very very very bad impression. there are trying to kill themselves by producing fake stuff that kill innocences, animal cruelty, pollution, human trafficking, and u name it they've done it issues.... i think china will have a hard time to clear their name after all these issues.
    Maybe it's a blessing in disguise for Chinese society. In the short run, it's extremely embarrassing for the country, sure, but maybe, just maybe (and I'm being an optimist), this will get the ball rolling for China to (literally) clean up its act. China is becoming a First World superpower; it should begin to observe the hygienic expectations of one.

I am still wondering if it was a conspiracy. Was the reporter framed by the authorities to cover up the problem?
    Last edited by CC; 09-16-07 at 11:27 PM.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

I think it is a cover up.