Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Time Between Dog and Wolf (K-Drama)

Thumbs up Time Between Dog and Wolf (K-Drama)

Title : Hours of Dogs and Wolves
    Starring : Yi Joo Gi - Yi Soo Hyun
    Chung Kyung Ho - Kang Min Gi
    Nam Sang Mi - Seo Jee Woo
    Choi Jae Sung - Mao
    Synopse : A secret agent becomes a killer in Bangkok to avenge the death of his mother.

Review : This series feels very similar to Air City(The man is a secret agent, while the girl is a professional career woman), except that this series is much more plot oriented and is quite tragic, careers being secondary. Yi Soo Hyun is a secret agent who lost his mother in front of his eyes to a masked killer named Mao in Bangkok as a child, who only survived because Mao couldn't pull the trigger on a child. His father's friend, a secret agent, takes Yi Soo Hyun in and raises him as his own. 13 years later, Yi Soo Hyun is a secret agent himself. While assigned to a Southeast Asian mission, he locates Mao and volunteers to go undercover as a killer to inflitrate Mao's organization and takes his vengence, only to become a true killer himself in the process.

Korea's No. 1 pretty boy, Yi Joon Gi, chose this series to shed his pretty boy image that made him a superstar, and he suceeds. Yi Joon Gi was always a professional actor before his rise to fame, and he is quite convincing as a secret agent, assuming people won't notice his looks. What's shocking is Nam Sang Mi, who looks and feels different from her previous series "Sweet Spy". Whereas Nam Sang Mi's character of a 20-year old widow in Sweet Spy was girlish and comical, Seo Jee Woo in this series is a much more "mature" woman in a tragic love story. Her transformation is so drastic that you wouldn't be able to tell it's her unless you take a close look(I didn't). This series can best be described as Air City done right. Recommended.

click to show/hide spoilers
    Seo Jee Woo's father is Mao, who killed Yi Soo Hyun's mother. As you can guess, Seo and Yi's love will go tragic.
    Last edited by JonDoe; 07-24-07 at 04:40 PM.

Wow, geez, I'm getting anxious about watching this series from reading your review.
    ****Love, Live, and watch Asian Series****

Default TIME OF DOG AND WOLF

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/6783/11691927to9.jpg')
    MAIN CAST: Lee Jun Ki , Nam Sang Mi, Jung Kyung Ho
    Episodes: 16
    Broadcast network: MBC
    Broadcast period: 2007-Jul-18 2007

SYNOPSIS:
    After his mother gets brutally killed by the Thai criminal syndicate, Cheongbang, Suhyeon (Lee Junki) gets adopted into NIS agent Jungho’s family. Together with Mingi (Jung Kyung ho), Jungho’s son, Suhyeon becomes an NIS agent. Suhyeon had met Jiwu (Nam Sangmi) when they were younger and later has another fateful encounter with her. Together they make promises for the future. However, one day, Suhyeon leaves for an operation dealing with the Cheongbang, only to return in failure because of the resurfacing of terrible memories when he was in Thailand previously. The chief of NIS agents, Jeong, proposes to the distraught Suhyeon to infilitrate the Cheongbang. So, through Chief Jeong’s proposition, Suhyeon becomes an undercover NIS agent. Thoroughly hiding his past, Suhyeon infiltrates the Cheongbang with revenge on his mind. Under the pseudo-name of Kay, he passes through the backstreets of Bangkok.
    (CREDIT TO DRAMAWIKI)
    LINGY

Smile Yay!

I was waiting for this one. I can't wait to see Nam Si again. She was so beautiful in Sweet Spy!

you guy can watch it in youtube.. i have uploaded the episodes there..
    http://www.youtube.com/demngamngui

i believe Jon doe has already started a thread for this and I believe another name for it is HOURS of Dogs and Wolves..His review was pretty good..check it out...

TuoiMongMo--thanks for the uploads..

I am upgrading this series to "Must Watch" status. Easily the best series aired over the past few years.

is anyone else watching this series?

I watched the first 15 minutes and i stopped.

continues????

First 15 minutes???? LOLs

Is there an English sub release yet? I can't find the movie online anywhere. That johndoe seems to have the same taste in movies as me so I'll take his word for it.
    Due to several complaints, I will stop using the terms "Babe" and "Baby" in reference to our female counterpart. They will now be replaced with "B*tch."

SPCNET Karaoke Corner

this series is rather intense action than the usual lovely dovey korean slow pace romance series.. if you're not into those kinds.. dont bother watching it.. because the series contains alot of actions and the pace is very face.. yet it's beautiful made and the potrayal of the love the three main character is marvously done..

i wanted some real drama ..so this series was so great for me.."coffee prince" got me so bore along the way.. it was cute...

hahah Jun ki so hot...

Quote Originally Posted by oGaKirA View Post
    First 15 minutes???? LOLs

Is there an English sub release yet? I can't find the movie online anywhere. That johndoe seems to have the same taste in movies as me so I'll take his word for it.
    i know. i really like reading his reviews. I'm going to PM you so check your email.

Quote Originally Posted by tuoimongmo2007 View Post
    this series is rather intense action than the usual lovely dovey korean slow pace romance series.. if you're not into those kinds.. dont bother watching it.. because the series contains alot of actions and the pace is very face.. yet it's beautiful made and the potrayal of the love the three main character is marvously done..

i wanted some real drama ..so this series was so great for me.."coffee prince" got me so bore along the way.. it was cute...

hahah Jun ki so hot...
    yeah, i'm going to continue to watch..
    are you still watchng Golden Bride?
    have you seen the next few eps of Coffee prince? I can't wait.

I'm up to episode 10 in this drama. The plot is very well done. The characters are a bit dull, and I think the actors can do a better job. Although, it's very enjoyable, and I recommend it to those who like action pact, or suspense. It doesn't contain a lot of love. One of the best drama during this summer.

Nam Sang Mi actually has a different role, if you compare to her previous ones. She is serious, and has full of ambitions in this one.
    - currently watching: Fashion King, Rooftop Prince, Love Rain, and Equator Man-
    - recent favorite drama: The Princess's Man
    -

Quote Originally Posted by CanDEE View Post
    yeah, i'm going to continue to watch..
    are you still watchng Golden Bride?
    have you seen the next few eps of Coffee prince? I can't wait.

hey sis.. i dont usually like to watch long series since "golden bribe" is like 50 ep.. i'll just wait for the viet translations to come out.. i hate watching series without knowing what they are saying.. i only watch the series that i am really in to in raw versions and short ones.. i always hate long series.. most of the times they seems to drag the story too much when it's that many episodes..

i saw "ep 16" of Coffee prince already... it seems towards the end is as what we predicted..so it's no surprise..i think i already know what's on when ep 17 comes ..after seeing Yoon eun hye with short hair.. i do miss short hair too..

This series has some episodes up available with english sub at http://www.veoh.com. The title there is "Time of Dog and Wolf". Enjoy!

i just finished epsidoe 2 and i like it so far! looks good and the lead actor looks very nice! that's always a plus in dramas. i'm branching off from the straight romance series for a while. i need something with more actions.

just finished "nine tailed fox" so this one should be pretty interesting too.

i can't wait to watch more later.
    ---------
    Shellie

i LOVE this series. it has to be one of the years best. its so good for trill seekers cos each episode ends with a cliffhanger.
    Yi Joo Gi totally rocks my world<3
    The best part of believe is the lie.

all these hypes got to me so now I'm on episode 3--it's interesting...however i have to comment on JUN-KI, "Damm, he's cute and very manly in here!" ( his girly image from The KING and I and My Girl is kinda dissolving ...)

Quote Originally Posted by CanDEE View Post
    all these hypes got to me so now I'm on episode 3--it's interesting...however i have to comment on JUN-KI, "Damm, he's cute and very manly in here!" ( his girly image from The KING and I and My Girl is kinda dissolving ...)

sexy as hell to me.. his smirk .......aaaaaaaaaaaahh...i'm watching ep 14 now.. 2 more ep to go..

Quote Originally Posted by tuoimongmo2007 View Post
    sexy as hell to me.. his smirk .......aaaaaaaaaaaahh...i'm watching ep 14 now.. 2 more ep to go..
    lol! me too. i love his eyes. it feels like im melting. ahhh.
    The best part of believe is the lie.