Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Foxy Lady (What's up fox)

Default Foxy Lady (What's up fox)

Have anyone watched this hilarious Korean series called Foxy Lady (aka What's Up Fox)?

I'm on the 11 episode now and I must say it's really an adoring romantic comedy.

I love some of the songs in this drama. Does anyone knows the song title in English?

It's been a while since I seen it. So I don't remember the English songs, but I do recall liking one of the English song. I think there was a song when her sunbae (senior) broke up with her or left....something like that and she was riding on the bus. That song was Jason Mraz's "Life is Wonderful".

I was watching this until like episode 11 or 12 but stopped because I dislike watching it on youtube, but I might continue it within a few weeks into summer vacation.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

I like this show though I have only seen a couple of episodes and that's something considering I don't like Korean dramas. Based on what I have seen, the main couple is endearing and the show's funny...what year is this from?

Quote Originally Posted by strawberry
    I like this show though I have only seen a couple of episodes and that's something considering I don't like Korean dramas. Based on what I have seen, the main couple is endearing and the show's funny...what year is this from?
    I think it was 2006, last year.

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung
    I think it was 2006, last year.
    Thanks. Do you know what's the real age of the leading couple?

Thanks. Do you know what's the real age of the leading couple?
    Chun Jung Myung, the actor who plays Cheol Su is born 1980-Nov-29--so he's turning 27 this year. He was super fine in Fashion 70s as Bin, I like him. He looks so much more youthful here compared to his Bin look which was more rough, masculine and hahah sexy.

Ko Hyun Jung, the actress who plays the role of Ko Byeong Hee is born 1971-Mar-02. So there's a good 9 years difference. From her profile, we find out that she has a son and daughter; also she's not only an actress but a model and singer. FYI, in 1989 she was 1st runner up for Miss Korea.

SPOILER

I was surprised when they revealed in the drama when Cheol Su actually had fallen for Byeong Hee and how she finally found out through the hidden message in the stuff animal. That was so surprising and it makes you think why he didn't put up much of a fight after Byeong Hee kinda forced herself on him when she was drunk earlier in the series. It makes sense, but I'm not sure I buy it.

I found it funny how both guys came to the house and propose marriage. I mean when Cheol Su thought BH was pregnant and then found out she wasn't, he was so glad. Why was that? I mean sure fear for BH's mom but it didn't seem like he wanted to have that kind of thing happen between him and BH.
    Last edited by Suet Seung; 04-27-07 at 09:50 AM.

Thanks Suet Seung for your comments.

I've heard so many good reviews about this drama that I'm hoping to watch it although I'm not altogether very fond of Korean productions. Ko Hyun Jung strikes me as a good actress now that I'm watching her in Homicide Investigation Team (HIT). She's pretty despite her age, and she looks so different from her tomboyish image in HIT where she's almost always clad in grey turtleneck and black jumpers. I heard she returned to acting recently after going through a very messy divorce.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m86/raven_frosts/Whatsupfox.jpg')

From this website: http://wiki.d-addicts.com/What's_Up_Fox%3F, I found out that Park Cheol Su's role was first offered to Hyun Bin, but he rejected the offer. It's good that he has the foresight to reject the role because I personally don't think Park Cheol Su's role is suitable for him as Hyun Bin is more on the cool and suave side.

Thankfully Chun Jung Myung is chosen for this role as he really bring out the character of Park Cheol Su. He emits a cheeky boyish charm which cannot be found in Hyun Bin.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thks. A slight correction, the age gap is actually 9 years.....

This is one of the rare dramas that actually have someone farting...like that guy that Byeong Hee's sister is involved with. The only other drama where theres actually farting involved was this one scene in Dal Ja's Spring, where Dal Ja talks about how great it is to be single and live alone and so she can fart in the privacy of her condo.

It's just unexpected to have farting featured in a drama at all...

There's a fast English number from this show..actually I can't remember now if its a fast English or Korean number....anyone knows what song is that? is there an OST for this?

There's a fast English number from this show..actually I can't remember now if its a fast English or Korean number....anyone knows what song is that? is there an OST for this?

07 . Don’t do that boy (철수 테마)

The one you may be refering to is Track #7 which is semi-English semi-korean.
    I don't read or understand korean so I don't know.

I bought a set of Foxy Lady, but the English sub was so so so bad that I gave up watching it after a couple of episodes.

I would like to hear the soundtrack of this serial. Anyone knows where i can hear it from?

Quote Originally Posted by strawberry View Post
    I would like to hear the soundtrack of this serial. Anyone knows where i can hear it from?
    Why don't you try You Tube, it'll probably has it.

Quote Originally Posted by baby1talk View Post
    Why don't you try You Tube, it'll probably has it.
    I did . not successful though..

hahaha, this is being shown here in the philippines. Sad that it is until the part where chulsoo meet her nuna(older sister) again.
    the female lead has similarities with Sun-ah, But she's much more prettier than sun-ah.
    I keep on wondering, how would this drama fare to us people if it went to sun-ah and hyun bin?

haaaaaa...... i want to watch the whole series in one sitting....
    i'll have to do something about this........
    I LOVE SEVEN!!!

I don't understand how the main actress is considered pretty/beautiful. Prior to her marriage in real life, she was seen as a famous actress and all. Eh, she really has aged and I don't think she's pretty, I've only seen this series with her so I won't comment on her acting just yet. She looks more like an ajummah, housewife.

Kim Sun Ah is prettier than her. Go to the Kim Sun Ah thread theres many pretty pictures of her.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    I don't understand how the main actress is considered pretty/beautiful. Prior to her marriage in real life, she was seen as a famous actress and all. Eh, she really has aged and I don't think she's pretty, I've only seen this series with her so I won't comment on her acting just yet. She looks more like an ajummah, housewife.

Kim Sun Ah is prettier than her. Go to the Kim Sun Ah thread theres many pretty pictures of her.
    She may not be beautiful but she's endearing.

Quote Originally Posted by strawberry View Post
    She may not be beautiful but she's endearing.
    Sorry, I haven't seen enough of her dramas to be familiar with her acting so maybe she hasn't warmed up on me yet. I mean I haven't grown to like her yet.