View Poll Results: The best adaption of Jinyong novels?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • TVB

21 51.22%
  • ATV

0 0%
  • CCTV-Chinese Mainland

18 43.90%
  • Taiwan

1 2.44%
  • Singapore

1 2.44%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone enjoy Jinyongnovels Tv adaption?

Default Anyone enjoy Jinyongnovels Tv adaption?

I enjoy LOCH 1982 by Felix Wong, Hap Hak Hang 1989 even if they made major changes, and ROCH 2006 by Liu Yi Fei. I only like TVB 198Os series not the 1990s nor 2000s such as the new HSDS.
    Last edited by aniking_8; 07-20-07 at 05:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by aniking_8 View Post
    I only like TVB 198Os series not the 1990s nor 2000s such as the new HSDS.
    Oh, how could you not like any of the 90s?! See my Signature.

I don't remember any Jin Yong Adaptations from ATV.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

I liked DGSD, the new one, hence my avy. The new ROCH and LOCH were pretty good, but that's because the fight scenes were very well correagraphed and SFX'd, making them look not so cheesy.
    秋风清,秋风明;落叶聚还散,寒鸦栖复惊。相思相见知何日,此时此夜难为情

I hate mainland LOCH 2003 because the main character acting was really bad and hoping the 2007 will be better. TVB wuxia film sre boring like have you seen strike at heart, face to fate, weapons of love and passion, and Devil's Disciples. These films had good effects but the storyline is all comedy and not fully developed.

DGSD 1982 changes the ending of the story and even killed the sweeper monk, Hap Hak Hang 1989 change the main character, ROCH by Taiwan changes the plot, and HSDS 2000 changes the Ming Cult divisions and Wuji's cousin didn't died.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    Oh, how could you not like any of the 90s?! See my Signature.

I don't remember any Jin Yong Adaptations from ATV.
    ATV in 1970s is better then TVB and made LOCH and ROCH.

ATV in 1970s is better then TVB and made LOCH and ROCH.
    ATV, as it is known today, didn't even exist in the 1970s. At the time, what is now Asia Television Ltd. (ATV) was known as Rediffusion Television Limited (RTV), a British media corporation. RTV became ATV in 1982.

To my knowledge, RTV didn't do any Jin Yong adaptations during the 1970s and 1980s (nor did ATV in later decades, for that matter). In Hong Kong, the only other production company to do Jin Yong adaptations aside from TVB was the short-lived "Gai-See" (Commercial Television) during the mid 1970s.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    ATV, as it is known today, didn't even exist in the 1970s. At the time, what is now Asia Television Ltd. (ATV) was known as Rediffusion Television Limited (RTV), a British media corporation. RTV became ATV in 1982.

To my knowledge, RTV didn't do any Jin Yong adaptations during the 1970s and 1980s (nor did ATV in later decades, for that matter). In Hong Kong, the only other production company to do Jin Yong adaptations aside from TVB was the short-lived "Gai-See" (Commercial Television) during the mid 1970s.
    Actually Ken, I think RTV did LOCH with Michelle Yim (Mai Shuet) as Wong Yung. They also did ROCH with Lo Luk Lam (I think that's his name) as Yeung Guo.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbywu View Post
    Actually Ken, I think RTV did LOCH with Michelle Yim (Mai Shuet) as Wong Yung. They also did ROCH with Lo Luk Lam (I think that's his name) as Yeung Guo.
    That was Commercial Television (Gai See), not RTV.

DGSD 1982 changes the ending of the story and even killed the sweeper monk, Hap Hak Hang 1989 change the main character, ROCH by Taiwan changes the plot, and HSDS 2000 changes the Ming Cult divisions and Wuji's cousin didn't died.
    Zhang Wu Ji's cousin wasn't suppose to die. It was the HSDS86 that changed that part, in the novel she's suppose to have returned from the "Dead".

And the TVB96 adaptation of XAJH is great. And well, DGSD96/97 is not bad.

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Zhang Wu Ji's cousin wasn't suppose to die. It was the HSDS86 that changed that part, in the novel she's suppose to have returned from the "Dead".

Really I saw 1978 and 1986 version she died and in 1976 Zhao Min died too. ATV actually did make LOCH and ROCH and Huang Rong was both acted by Mai Suet. The LOCH song was very famous so Kan Cheng maybe you should check out the cool theme song!
    Last edited by aniking_8; 07-21-07 at 02:47 PM.

Really I saw 1978 and 1896 version she died and in 1976 Zhao Min died too. ATV actually did make LOCH and ROCH and Huang Rong was both acted by Mai Suet. The LOCH song was very famous so Kan Cheng maybe you should check out the cool theme song!
    TV Adaptations can deviate from the novel, you know.

Ah those clips bring back many fond memories. Those 2 series were my favorites as well.
    明月心跳起來,又回頭,嫣然道,“你還要不要我帶上那面具?”
    傅紅雪冷道,“現在你臉上豈非已經戴上了個面具?”

Really I saw 1978 and 1896 version she died and in 1976 Zhao Min died too. ATV actually did make LOCH and ROCH and Huang Rong was both acted by Mai Suet. The LOCH song was very famous so Kan Cheng maybe you should check out the cool theme song!
    LOL TV wasn't around in 1896. The technology to convert radio waves into images asn't been invented.

Are you talking about the theme of the 1970s LOCH? I know that mainly as the parody version by Sam Hui about Mah-Jong.

But I maintain it was by Commercial Television, *not* ATV (which didn't even exist yet at the time).

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Are you talking about the theme of the 1970s LOCH? I know that mainly as the parody version by Sam Hui about Mah-Jong.

But I maintain it was by Commercial Television, *not* ATV (which didn't even exist yet at the time).
    Considering you were old enough to live through part of the 70s, I am sure your answer should be right on this. Commercial Television, is that the Taiwanese CTS or something? Or is it a different one altogether.

Some say RTV produced the 70s LOCH. RTV changed to ATV right? Or are they totally different companies?

Quote Originally Posted by Felix View Post
    Considering you were old enough to live through part of the 70s, I am sure your answer should be right on this. Commercial Television, is that the Taiwanese CTS or something? Or is it a different one altogether.
    It's unrelated to Taiwan's CTS as far as I know. It was an experimental third free broadcast station that debuted in Hong Kong in 1975, but it was not successful, so it folded just three years later in 1978. Nevertheless, it did manage to launch the careers of several TVB stars, including Michelle Mai Sheut and Dodo (Carol) Cheng Yu Ling. These two actresses (and a few other TVB artistes who would become successful in the 1980s) started their careers in the entertainment business at Commercial Television. Therefore, although Commercial Television was short-lived, it was influential.

Some say RTV produced the 70s LOCH. RTV changed to ATV right? Or are they totally different companies?
    RTV was and still is a British media corporation. It gave up its operations in Hong Kong in 1982 and sold its assets to the group of local Hong Kong investors that formed ATV that year. RTV and ATV are separate corporate entities, but when RTV sold the business, ATV inherited all of RTV's non-monetary assets (offices, studios, artiste contracts, etc., not to mention the broadcasting channel).

Quote Originally Posted by sarakoth View Post
    LOL TV wasn't around in 1896. The technology to convert radio waves into images asn't been invented.
    That was a error!

Top TV adaptation preferences:

80's TVB
    Flying Fox Snowy Mountain
    Legend Condor Heroes
    Return of Condor Heroes
    Heaven Sword Dragon Sabre
    Legendary Siblings
    Duke of Mount Deer
    Hap Hak Hang

90's TVB
    Smiling Proud Wanderer aka State of Divinity
    Demi-gods Semi Devils (Tian Long 8 Bo) - great acting

2000's CCTV/Taiwan (I can't tell which is which)
    Demigods SemiDevils - great sets
    LOCH - just beautiful
    Sword Stained with Royal Blood - really good all around

Top TV adaptations I don't like:

80's TVB (don't really remember why maybe I was too young)
    Smiling Proud Wanderer
    Demigods semidevils (Tian long Ba Bo)

90's TVB
    Duke of Mount Deer - yes, I admit this one explained the story more but Jordan Chan does not cut it as WXB
    Flying Fox - too much story change
    Sword Stained with Royal Blood -- just boring - couldn't even finish it
    HSDS - ahhhhhh Lawrence Ng as ZWJ and the stupid wires

2000 CCTV/Taiwan
    Duke of Mt Deer
    Handsome Siblings