Thread: Types of Acting

Default Types of Acting

Not sure where this should go..

But I was reading an article and thinking, would people classify Qiong Yao's school of acting and TVB as more so "Elizabethan" style, where actors/actresses don't really feel the emotions as much, but show it through certain gestures, i.e. in the script, it would say "cry" = sadness.

Whereas other scripts, such as Zhang Ai Ling's stories, would be more so "method" where the actor/actress is expected to totally get themselves into the role?

Zhang Ai Ling's-Ban Sheng Yuan tv series, was really good acting. Each person who is acting, does put themselves in there; liked both Ruby Lin/Shui Ling acting skills in here.

As mentioned, about the acting skills, within a 1-5mins there are many outtakes, lasting over an hour. I know silly right, 1hr for a 1-5mins; hey it happens. So after say doing 30x bad outtakes, don't you think that actor or actress would get kinda tired of the same scene; end result record a very bad acting job. Which supposed to be cut out in the editing process?
    Last edited by mind_wander; 08-05-07 at 11:25 AM.
    Check out: http://samthetypist.spaces.live.com/ ; Currently under construction;Check out http://www.soundclick.com/spcnet07 , provided by Sugar.

I didn't like the series that much. The movie was done a lot better in my opinion. Ruby and Shui Ling both can improve when being compared to Jacqueline Wu Anita Mui. Maybe because I've seen too many of Ruby's weepy series, but I wasn't very impressed, though she did an okay job I think. The rape scene was horribly done though..considering I kept laughing through it (yes I know rape is a very serious topic), but the way they staged it was so fake, part of the actor's fault too. Shui Ling was a bit better, but I didn't feel like she brought out all the multiple sides of the older sister.

Tony Leung would be what I consider a method actor. Same with Maggie Cheung, Leslie Cheung, and many of the Wong Kar Wai people.