Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Girl hangs herself due to fake spoilers of Harry Potter book 7?

Default Girl hangs herself due to fake spoilers of Harry Potter book 7?

What kind of a f**ked up world do we live in anyway?

http://martinaquino.wordpress.com/20...athly-hallows/

If this is true, the life of a young girl has just tragically ended....I have nothing to say except our world is f**ked up.
    Last edited by MysteriouX; 08-10-07 at 01:25 PM.

I just want to add this link also:

about another tragic event which could've been prevented if this world wasn't so full of f**ked up people
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kayla_Rolland
    read the references in that wiki link. just to emphasize: supposedly that kid found the gun under the blankets of a bed where his uncle had kept it hidden.
    Last edited by MysteriouX; 08-10-07 at 01:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MysteriouX View Post

If this is true, the life of a young girl has just tragically ended....I have nothing to say except our world is f**ked up.
    yeah, this is the kind of world we lived in. Honestly, I stopped on book 4th and never continued, I rather read and watch other things. Be lazy and just watched the movies; although the book is too addicting, but not worth killing self over it. Thats plain dumb!
    Check out: http://samthetypist.spaces.live.com/ ; Currently under construction;Check out http://www.soundclick.com/spcnet07 , provided by Sugar.

"The Heart Of The Alps" Thun, Switzerland

Is this book series so important to people that feel the need to kill themselves if one of the books is spoiled for them? That is sad and pathetic, no form of entertainment should be so important to a person that they kill themselves over it.

Honestly, I don't understand where these people get their values from. How can a person cause so much pain to their loved ones over a crappy book series? Why are such mundane things quickly becoming the center of people's existance? "Oh No, my favorite band broke up, I can't go on *pops pills and ends it all*" "Oh, my favorite book series is ruined, What else is left to me in this world *Hangs self*

Hey I get emotionally attached to literary characters and all, but never to the point that if they die, I Just can't go on. The level of fanaticism in the world today is absolutely ridiculous. There is more to life than some silly book series or a band or whatever these people kill themselves over.

Quote Originally Posted by Daishikaze View Post
    Is this book series so important to people that feel the need to kill themselves if one of the books is spoiled for them? That is sad and pathetic, no form of entertainment should be so important to a person that they kill themselves over it.

Honestly, I don't understand where these people get their values from. How can a person cause so much pain to their loved ones over a crappy book series? Why are such mundane things quickly becoming the center of people's existance? "Oh No, my favorite band broke up, I can't go on *pops pills and ends it all*" "Oh, my favorite book series is ruined, What else is left to me in this world *Hangs self*

Hey I get emotionally attached to literary characters and all, but never to the point that if they die, I Just can't go on. The level of fanaticism in the world today is absolutely ridiculous. There is more to life than some silly book series or a band or whatever these people kill themselves over.
    I agree.. I'm not saying Harry potter is a crappy series though. Just that no matter how great it is, how can one possibly end their life over such lil things? It might have meant the world to them but, come on, they should get a life. But that being said, I still feel extremely sorry for the girl if this thing did happen because, if you have come to a point that you'll kill yourself over a book, I mean man, your life must have been really sucky...
    力扬力扬,魅力飞扬
    祝力扬 & 栗亲们新年快乐, 万事如意!!~
    力扬加油, 栗子加油,加油,加油!!!!^o^

YAY, Federer WON!!!!~

If you can't get the book, then why not read it with a friend? Most people don't mind sharing it or wait until someone is done and hope that person keep their mouth shout; because of spoilers.
    Check out: http://samthetypist.spaces.live.com/ ; Currently under construction;Check out http://www.soundclick.com/spcnet07 , provided by Sugar.

"The Heart Of The Alps" Thun, Switzerland

Seriously, I don't think it was a case of her having a really bad life, she just fanatically latched onto a popular literary cast, and couldn't handle what she thought was their fate. People are just screwed up that way sometimes, we are just seeing it alot more nowadays than we used to.

I feel sorry for her family, they are the ones suffering now, not her.

And we should also keep in mind about the people who kill themselves, commit crimes and murder over what happens in online games such as Everquest.

Tragic stories.

Part of the solution would be for Parents to teach kids better morals and principles in life. Parents need to monitor their kids better. If they see their kids falling too deep into something, then they need to talk to them to keep them in reality. Ultimately, the individual needs to stay in reality and not stray into their own made up world. Because, no one can really prevent someone from killing themself if they wanted to.

Quote Originally Posted by oGaKirA View Post
    Tragic stories.

Part of the solution would be for Parents to teach kids better morals and principles in life. Parents need to monitor their kids better. If they see their kids falling too deep into something, then they need to talk to them to keep them in reality. Ultimately, the individual needs to stay in reality and not stray into their own made up world. Because, no one can really prevent someone from killing themself if they wanted to.

I know its tragic, but now I am wondering if the technology we have is actually a good thing...do we have too much of it?

Do you think stuff like:
    for example, letting kids or teenagers having their own mobile phones (which parents give so that they can call someone in cases of emergencies, but some kids use it for recreational purposes) is good or bad?

Are we, as time goes by, letting technology get the better of us or are we still in control of what technology does for and to us?

Bottum line is....like you've said..."The World is a cruel place." We cannot stop the advancement of technology etc. In this dog eat dog World...only thing we can do is learn and use our own descretion on what's good and bad for ourselves' and our kids.

I think strong family morals and principals is where it starts.
    What keeps me going is knowing that there are far less fortunate pple in this world that are struggling to survive. Starving pple, poor poor pple, disabled pple. I gather my own strength being inspired by their strengths. To kill myself over a book or game would be cowardly. I wouldn't be able to face my family or God in Heaven.

To kill myself over a book or game would be cowardly. I wouldn't be able to face my family or God in Heaven.
    Ironically, people have been killing themselves (and others) "over a book" for centuries: books such as the Holy Bible and the Quran.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Ironically, people have been killing themselves (and others) "over a book" for centuries: books such as the Holy Bible and the Quran.
    And The Sorrows of Young Werther by Goethe.
    "Take everything you like seriously, except yourselves."
    - Rudyard Kipling

The news has not been confirmed to be true or not. It was not reported in any major (and more reliable) news website.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Quote Originally Posted by MysteriouX View Post

I thought you would be very happy to read this news since you are all about eliminating unworthy people in this world.

Edit: Edit typo error. Thanks MysteriouX for pointing out the mistake.
    Last edited by kidd; 08-13-07 at 03:28 AM.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    I thought you would be very happy to read this news since you are all about eliminated unworthy people in this world.
    I see you still fail to understand...

There is a difference between senseless violence and violence which serves a purpose.

BTW spelling/grammer correction: I thought you would be very happy to read this news since you are all about eliminating unworthy people in this world.

Ok...I think you guys need to chill. Let's let by gones be by gones. I think debates should be done on a discussion level and not take it too personal.

And as far as the grammer errors...c'mon to the majority of us...English is a second language. Me love broken English!

Ok...I think you guys need to chill. Let's let by gones be by gones. I think debates should be done on a discussion level and not take it too personal.

And as far as the grammer errors...c'mon to the majority of us...English is a second language. Me love broken English!
    oGaKirA might not be a moderator here, but he/she says what any mod would say. If you're going to feud, do it through emails or private messages, not out here.

Ultimately, the individual needs to stay in reality and not stray into their own made up world.
    The trouble is that more people kill themselves over reality than over fiction.

I wonder of the Third Editions of JY novels made anyone commit suicide?
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Part of me died when i learned DY had multiple lives.
    Wuxiapedia

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control