Thread: Bambino

Default Bambino

Bambino is an adaptation of a comic book by Sekiya Tetsuji, starring Matsumoto Jun who plays an aspiring, enthused Italian cook from Fukuoka who commutes to Tokyo to become a better chef. He starts off on really shaky ground, thinking that he knows it all, but could not even handle the basics at the top-notch Italian restaurant Baccanale. Every episode features the obstacles that he had to go through until he became an outstanding and unique chef.

It's 10 episodes in all. Other cast members include Kazuki Kitamura, karina, Ryuta Sata and Yuki Uchida.

This is a really motivating series showing the route of self-discovery, the meaning of work and professionalism and servitude.

Very interesting show ne!!

Matsumoto Jun displays yet again his versatility, talent and charm in another successful and convincing role.

Pics from http://warriorkitana.vox.com/library...jun+matsumoto/

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y156/zara4ever/Bambino/Matsumoto_J.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y156/zara4ever/Bambino/Matsumoto_J2.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y156/zara4ever/Bambino/Matsumoto_J6.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y156/zara4ever/Bambino/Matsumoto_J8.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y156/zara4ever/Bambino/Matsumoto_J4.jpg')

Last edited by Nefertari; 08-12-07 at 03:56 AM. Reason: spelling mistake

I am not sure but I heard that this drama was kind of boring and had no major events throughtout..is it that bad? Even fans of Jun found the serial a little hard to follow...but I did think of giving this drama a chance.

it actually eleven ep. it enjoyable, but it not a great drama. if you like simple drama with not a lot of excitement, then watch this for it. A drama about a guy learning life, trying hard to achieve his goal. the people around him become a better person. just kept watching because from ep7 everything become so much better and enjoyable. The first six is him adapt to his surrounding, last few is learning the process to become person. This the drama that won jun the best actor award. it got best supporting actor, director and special award

Quote Originally Posted by tae View Post
    it actually eleven ep. it enjoyable, but it not a great drama. if you like simple drama with not a lot of excitement, then watch this for it. A drama about a guy learning life, trying hard to achieve his goal. the people around him become a better person. just kept watching because from ep7 everything become so much better and enjoyable. The first six is him adapt to his surrounding, last few is learning the process to become person. This the drama that won jun the best actor award. it got best supporting actor, director and special award
    I heard he won. congrats to him. did you watch Proposal daisakusen, I was wondering bet the 2, which was better in your opinion? both felt boring to me actually in the beginning.

i didn't watch proposal. i got mix review from both fan, some like proposal, some like bambino. if you like romance, go for proposal, if you like some simple drama with absolutely no romance at all, could watch bambino.

Quote Originally Posted by strawberry View Post
    Even fans of Jun found the serial a little hard to follow...but I did think of giving this drama a chance.
    The directing of this serial is a bit different, but once you get into the mode, it's not difficult to follow. The first episode is a bit hard to follow because of flashbacks. You have to be at the TV all the time, or else would confuse between the present and the past.

Quote Originally Posted by strawberry View Post
    I am not sure but I heard that this drama was kind of boring and had no major events throughtout..is it that bad?

This series has a serious but still refreshing take. It's not a love story, but it has certain themes that are worth watching for.

It's not just about overcoming obstacles, but overcoming them to develop more mature professional aptitude. It's not a typical can't-do to can-do fighting story, but of developing oneself such that excellence is expected all the time.

I like this show because it's fast-paced, non-repetitive and motivating. Jun's actor award is well-deserved. In fact, i prefer this to Hani Yori, probably I've grown weary of teenage love story.

Quote Originally Posted by Nefertari View Post
    The directing of this serial is a bit different, but once you get into the mode, it's not difficult to follow. The first episode is a bit hard to follow because of flashbacks. You have to be at the TV all the time, or else would confuse between the present and the past.

This series has a serious but still refreshing take. It's not a love story, but it has certain themes that are worth watching for.

It's not just about overcoming obstacles, but overcoming them to develop more mature professional aptitude. It's not a typical can't-do to can-do fighting story, but of developing oneself such that excellence is expected all the time.

I like this show because it's fast-paced, non-repetitive and motivating. Jun's actor award is well-deserved. In fact, i prefer this to Hani Yori, probably I've grown weary of teenage love story.
    Thanks...that's a first that i hear this serial is fast-paced though.

Does anyone know about Italian cooking? Why do they stir-fry the pasta and food in the pan?
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

I saw this show before. Its quite nice.