Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fathers And Sons 《爸爸閉翳》

Default [UPCOMING][TVB] Troublesome Daddy[current name] 爸爸閉翳 Bobby Au, Wong Hei, Yoyo, Tavia

Producer : Mui Siu Ching (The Brink Of Law, Forensic Heroes, Family Man)

Cast:
    Bobby Au Yeung
    Yoyo Mung
    Wong Hei
    Tavia Yeung
    Anne Heung
    Halina Tam
    Ha Yu
    Fung So Po
    Lee Kwok Lun
    Lee Seng Cheung
    Chow Chong
    Evergreen Mak
    Mary Hon
    Lai Lok Yi
    June Chan
    Oscar Leung and more

The series revolves around 3 fathers (Bobby, Wong Hei and Ha Yu). The plot mostly focus on the relationships between parents and their children. There will be over 100 children participating in this series. Heard that Tavia plays a school teacher by day and beer girl by night.

Anyone has any more info on this series?Cant wait to see Wong Hei n Tavia pairing
    Last edited by chelsea_fan; 03-30-07 at 03:11 AM.

This seems like a series that could have some potential because the producer has done some really good series. Except for the blatant copy of the plot of SAW in Forensic Heroes. (The clown. The locking you in a warehouse. The you'll starve to death and you have no idea where you are. The watching you through a webcam etc. etc. Nearly worst than the Love Actually scene found in LFD)

But then again I can't stand children acting, and I'm guessing there'll be a lot of crying from them.

Who is 'Insert Link'? XD Or why is that there?

Default Fathers And Sons 《爸爸閉翳》

i am sure if Bobby stars in a series such as a light-hearted pme with comedy thrown in..it will sure be a winner in the ratings

Is anyone watching this?
    Last edited by triumph2004; 12-19-08 at 12:07 AM.

What's the storyline? With Bobby and Har Yu in it, I may watch it. And I like Tavia Yeung.

Quote Originally Posted by BearBearNweather View Post
    What's the storyline? With Bobby and Har Yu in it, I may watch it. And I like Tavia Yeung.
    Yes, just watched eps 2. Don't really know wat's da storyline. To me it's all relationship about fathers & their kids. As u already know with bobby & har yu in it, it's more of a comedy series. Not da serious type one & it's quite fun to watch. After a long day, dis series will be good for relaxing

The ratings in HK for the first week: 31 points (peak: 38) beating out Best Selling Secrets AND The Drive of Life. Amazing.

never heard of this series or har yu....gave up on tvb long ago since unworthy actresses keep on getting promoted. but do tell, what is tavia's role? she's one of the very few capable actresses left in her generation...and better than some old actresses which tvb keep on shoving in our face.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

Default fathers and sons

this would be one of must -sees series. Bobby , har yue are in it... both are good at comedic roles.

for those who are watching this series right now....
    Isn't the child actor Jimmy is so cute ...I love the way he deliver his line...and his husky voice too.

I watch this series haha. It's not like the best, but it's fun to watch and laugh at the jokes once in a while. And yea Jacky looks cute haha.

Jeremy

Default father and sons

am watching this and its quite good.
    its good to see wong hei play a fatherly figure again. Plus i like har yue's role too.

up to chapter 4

Quote Originally Posted by Kiss7 View Post
    The ratings in HK for the first week: 31 points (peak: 38) beating out Best Selling Secrets AND The Drive of Life. Amazing.

where do u check the ratings?

I'm gonna watch the new series. But I prefer cheng bei to be the father.

Default fathers and sons

so far up to chapter 5.. i like the series very much. bobby is great, halina is good..i like the pairing of her and wong hei. wong hei and tavia is good too.

i find the series warmish and funny..
    after watching HOG, its so weird seeing Har yue and Tavia play opposites this time.
    The kids are cute in the series too

so far i rate this 8/10

Heh... seems like not many people are watching this drama!? FAS has high ratings in HK and the plot is pretty good. The 2 kids in the show are super cute as well. Bobby & Yoyo's chemistry is natural than in FH while Wong Hei & Tavia's chemistry is far more better than in SOT. Left 5 eps to end, hopefully the ratings can hit a new high!

I'm currently watching this series
    I think its pretty funny actually =] Haven't seen a good comedy series from TVB in such a long time. And add on Bobby, of course its a good series.
    Though I must admit the cast is too similar to Forensic Heroes which made it a bit of a turn off to some of my friends.

Default fathers and sons

up to chapter 9 now.. so far so good.
    jacky is sooooooooo cute, bobby was funny in chapter 8 when he was so scared of cockroaches in the car park scene after shopping with Jacky.

rate this series 8/10. I felt sorry for the collapse of Wong hei and Halina's marriage. Sometimes you just can win..wong hei loved her daughter more which is a fathers' role..making sure she has a comfortable upbringing etc. Yet halina still wanted a separation.

once again, Bobby pulled the ratings..last last eps [i think] 37 points peaking at 40...WOW>!!!... GOO BOBBY and CAST! Loved the kids and Bobby with Yoyo...Great serie! i can't wait to watch bobby+yoyo in FH2.
    Best Series: Family Man, Triumph in the Skies, The Last Breakthrough, Heart of Greed
    Actors: Moses Chan, Raymond Lam, Steven Ma
    Actress: Jessica Hsuan
    Character: Dek Dek Dei

Fathers and Sons is the best TVB series I've seen for the year (thus far!)

It's a sweet and light-hearted comedy/family genre series. The storyline is very cute as well. I love the pairing in the series, everyone who was anyone in this series did an excellent job! The coupling was undoubtedly brilliant and at many times, HILARIOUS!

I'm on episode 15 already and I love it! The only time I have to watch the series is late at night around 1am - when I started last night, I couldnt stop watching it - basically didnt sleep last night ^_^! The comedy area of the series is mixed in with alot of light-hearted jokes and cute facial expressions (especially by Bobby and Jacky)

The series' storyline is as titled "Fathers and Sons" - though the title emphasizes on Fathers and Sons, it's intial focus is on familial love (both by blood and by exchange).

The story wraps up many brilliant life leasons and wonderful breakdown of the different class of people in the world - the rich and nasty, the rich and nice, the poor and kind, the poor and power-hungry, the nice but unfortunate, the mean and fortunate, etc etc. Its a very well developed story as it emphasize much on all those needed backgorund info and little on the unneccessaries.

I honestly believe that this series has covered much of the aspect of human life and the importance of family love (and thanks goodness its not a serious family drama, because those tend to #1. Starts out great but ends up horriblily, either that, or #2. It just drags on way too long)

With 25 short episodes the series met its mark - created a record breaking scale - and excelled in its ratings.

So far, I give this series a 8.5/10
    Amy Chan Sau Man and Maggie Cheung Ho Yee 4ever!

$this->handle_bbcode_url(str_replace('\"', '"', 'http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/Linh-e-Pooh/AmyChanandKennethChan.jpg'), '')

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear View Post
    up to chapter 9 now.. so far so good.
    jacky is sooooooooo cute, bobby was funny in chapter 8 when he was so scared of cockroaches in the car park scene after shopping with Jacky.

rate this series 8/10. I felt sorry for the collapse of Wong hei and Halina's marriage. Sometimes you just can win..wong hei loved her daughter more which is a fathers' role..making sure she has a comfortable upbringing etc. Yet halina still wanted a separation.
    Standing on the pt of a wife, its hard to see your husband care about your child more than yourself. He can pacify all his daughter's needs but cant set time out to do that one thing his wife asked, GO ON A VACATION.

Honestly, every woman wants to be loved and pacified when she isnt feeling good. I dont think I can stand my husband being the way Hei's character is. On screen it's a pity to see him dumped and cheated, but in reality, not many of us 21st centary woman can stand this type of man. HAHAHA!

But hey, the ending was great! You'll see!
    Amy Chan Sau Man and Maggie Cheung Ho Yee 4ever!

$this->handle_bbcode_url(str_replace('\"', '"', 'http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/Linh-e-Pooh/AmyChanandKennethChan.jpg'), '')