Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your First Favorite korean series???

Quote Originally Posted by CanDEE
    That's why us girls fell in love with him...( he's aggressive...he's hot)
    Oooo....kaaaay.. next time I see a girl I like I guess i'll just shove her into a wall.LOL
    Wassup with the necklace? I thought it was going to play a crucial role in the movie...but nope. LOL Could have been written better.
    it did. That was the only evident that prove who she was...also, i think it was a marketing scheme from the sponsoring jeweler---I fell for it and bought one...i'm such a DUMASS!
    Yes the viewer is led to believe the necklace was going to be the deciding factor of her being the real girl but in the movie...it didn't. Remember the step brother called the dude and confessed everything first. Then latter, they just showed a scene of them uniting the necklace.

"Bo Go Ship Da!"
    Sorry, are you a DUDE? If you are, I'm surprised you like SAD LOVE STORY ( is this the same as Autumn Tale?)----I though this series dragged big-time. I only watch the first few episodes and the last episode. It took her way too long to died.
    Yes Im a DUDE.
    No Sad Love Story is not the same as Autumn Tale, I just listed them in #2 as my ranking. They fall into #2. I liked Sad Love Story. Are we guys not allowed to like it? After all, I am not without a heart. Ofcourse we guys would never watch it infront of anyone. hahahaha All my guy cousins, friends like it also. Who wouldn't fall in love with Kim Hee Sun? I agree it dragged towards the middle tho. I had to fast forward those parts.
    Last edited by oGaKirA; 08-17-07 at 05:24 PM.
    Due to several complaints, I will stop using the terms "Babe" and "Baby" in reference to our female counterpart. They will now be replaced with "B*tch."

SPCNET Karaoke Corner

Quote Originally Posted by oGaKirA View Post
    Oooo....kaaaay.. next time I see a girl I like I guess i'll just shove her into a wall.LOL

Yes the viewer is led to believe the necklace was going to be the deciding factor of her being the real girl but in the movie...it didn't. Remember the step brother called the dude and confessed everything first. Then latter, they just showed a scene of them uniting the necklace.

"Bo Go Ship Da!"
    Yes Im a DUDE.
    No Sad Love Story is not the same as Autumn Tale, I just listed them in #2 as my ranking. They fall into #2. I liked Sad Love Story. Are we guys not allowed to like it? After all, I am not without a heart. Ofcourse we guys would never watch it infront of anyone. hahahaha All my guy cousins, friends like it also. Who wouldn't fall in love with Kim Hee Sun? I agree it dragged towards the middle tho. I had to fast forward those parts.

It's not Sad Love Story then, I thinkyou are talking about Sad LOVE SONG with Kwon Sang woo
    ****Love, Live, and watch Asian Series****

Quote Originally Posted by CanDEE View Post
    It's not Sad Love Story then, I thinkyou are talking about Sad LOVE SONG with Kwon Sang woo
    Yea Sorry for the confusion. I is talking about the Amercican release....which is named "Sad Love Story" and yes they are one in the same.
    Due to several complaints, I will stop using the terms "Babe" and "Baby" in reference to our female counterpart. They will now be replaced with "B*tch."

SPCNET Karaoke Corner

LMAO! yea; it works everytime.

and i liked Sad Love Song for a reason even tho it took them forever to finally get to realize each other (like stairway to heaven too). Like come`onnnnn; turn around and see that its him right there!
    The best part of believe is the lie.

Yea Sorry for the confusion. I is talking about the Amercican release....which is named "Sad Love Story" and yes they are one in the same.
    if it's sad love song then u're cool cuz i love that series also. I think this series is so underrated. This series got me teary big time. It was a great love story. Kwon Sang Woo was awesome because he surely can make anyone cry with him.

I never care too much for Korean dramas as I thought the picture quality is not so good and the dialogues are corny. However, when I saw the poster of "Princess Hours" I can hardly wait to watch that series and I was not disappointed.

After "Princess Hours" I decided to rewatch many series that I have passed on long ago and found them to be very satisfying, dragging at time but very cute.

Some of my favorite that I don't mind watching again:

1. Princess Hours
    2. Sweet 18
    3. Only You
    4. Beautiful Life
    5. Lovers in Paris
    Huang Xiao Ming

"It's great to have a private jet. Anyone that tells you that having your own private jet isn't great is lying to you." - Oprah

Currently in Moss, Silver. Next stop....still Moss, Silver

Quote Originally Posted by atlantean0208 View Post
    lol ghost, my bo-ra is prettier than your jang-geum
    no worries. there are lots of pretty actresses out there....it just so happen that among the Koreans, only Lee Young-Ae caught my attention i cant possibly love all, can i?
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Idols: Mark Dacascos and Vicki Zhao Wei
    Fav Artists: Zhang Tie Lin, Cheng E Kin, Vin Diesel, Jet Li, Amy Chan Sau Man, Michelle Rodriguez, Theresa Lee Yee Hong
    Fav Series: The Great General, Heroine of The Yangs, Huan Zhu Ge Ge I & II, Secret Battle of The Majesties
    Fav Movies: The Matrix I, G.I Jane, Fist of Legend, Drive, Gladiator, 2009 Lost Memories, So Close, Crying Freeman

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius; Commander of the Army of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor; Marcus Aurilius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife, and I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

- The Spaniard -

I like Couple of fantasy, it's so funny!!

My first K-drama that I watched (January 2006) was "Prince's First Love", which I thought was not bad but I was disappointed because the guy that I wanted to be with the lead actress was not the one she ended up . Then it was followed by "Delightful Chunyang" which I enjoyed very much. And it was followed by few series of dramas up to now .
    Last edited by bless168; 08-28-07 at 11:11 PM.
    Blessy
    - The best relationship is the one where the love of one another matters more than the need to be with each other. -

The first Korean series I've been was All In, after watching that series, I like Korean series, and so I rented Mermaid something, and I gave up after watching a little bit of that. After some time, I watched Memories of Bali and enjoy Korean series again. Not until that summer after I watched Full House, My Name is Kim Sam Soon, My Girl and Goong, have I really became an addicted fan of korean series.

First favorite has to be My Name is Kim Sam Soon....funny with a great soundtrack.

Bunch of other favorites came after that...

I'm really picky when it comes down to dramas. I watch a bunch of stuff, but I scoff at everything. I was kinda touched by "My Sister in Law is 19" though, and the first part of "Firebird" captivated me.

Autumn Tale was the first. If I'm thinking now, I find nothing special about it.
    At that time huge hype. And then I watched a lot of those dramas and got tired until Damo and I'm sorry I love you. Both are really good tearjerkers.

4 Me it's :-

1. Stained Glass
    2. Lover in Paris
    3. Smile Again
    4. Sweet 18
    5. Goong
    6. Really2 love you

First one, Springtime with Jang Dong Gun. The best thing about this serie is the wonderful music and song. Overall it's a typical korean tragic drama with a person being ill or dying.

Second one is Tomato, with Kim Hee Sun and the charming Kim Suk Hoon.

After that.....I don't remember....

*[EDIT] WOOPS! I replied with only reading partial of the thread's title. In the case of first favorite, I say Tomato. That's when I started hunting down for korean series.*
    Last edited by vivi_g; 10-18-07 at 12:51 AM.

My first is "WINTER SONATA". The rest is history.

The first Korean series that I liked was "Sweet Spy" w/ Nam Sang Mi and Dennis O'Neil. I have rewatched it several times, but I always fast-forward to scenes w/ Dennis and Nam Sang Mi together. After knowing the ending, re-watching all the boring parts w/ minor characters seemed tedious, but I still love the relationship between the main couple.
    Last edited by MysticDust; 10-19-07 at 04:50 AM.
    How come most 江湖 (jiānghú) wanderers never worry about money? I wonder how a 大俠 (dàxiá) make a living...does meddling in people's business and righting wrongs pay well?

Quote Originally Posted by MysticDust View Post
    The first Korean series that I liked was "Sweet Spy" w/ Nam Sang Mi and Dennis O'Neil. I have rewatched it several times, but I always fast-forward to scenes w/ Dennis and Nam Sang Mi together. After knowing the ending, re-watching all the boring parts w/ minor characters seemed tedious, but I still love the relationship between the main couple.

I currently watching this series now..please tell me who's going to end up together please....

Default boolsae

my first favorite was firebird starring lee eun joo and lee seo jin!!
    its a must see drama..i love it!! too bad lee eun joo passed away..;c

Default an opinion

I hope you will watch 'Crazy to love'...I was hooked from the throd episode onwards...it is the most beautiful Korean serial that i have even watched...very moving performances