Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Naruto

Just a curious question, how many high leveled Jounin (Gai, Kakashi) would be required to match an average member of Akatsuki. I recall that Gai and Kakashi were able to defeat two clones of Akatsuki members animated with 30% of their chakra. Does that mean Kakashi and Gai exceed 30% of those two members' (Itachi and the Mist swordsman guy) abilities? Also, one of the members of Akatsuki was one of the Seven Swordsmen of the Mist, like Zabuza. Since Kakashi was about at the same level as Zabuza, does that mean he isn't much worse than an average member of Akatsuki?

The Naruto anime is starting to piss me off. The animators are trying to drag out the story for as long as possible. It's turning into a staring contest with everyone else standing around doing nothing.
    I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.

Quote Originally Posted by sarakoth View Post
    Just a curious question, how many high leveled Jounin (Gai, Kakashi) would be required to match an average member of Akatsuki. I recall that Gai and Kakashi were able to defeat two clones of Akatsuki members animated with 30% of their chakra. Does that mean Kakashi and Gai exceed 30% of those two members' (Itachi and the Mist swordsman guy) abilities? Also, one of the members of Akatsuki was one of the Seven Swordsmen of the Mist, like Zabuza. Since Kakashi was about at the same level as Zabuza, does that mean he isn't much worse than an average member of Akatsuki?
    Kisame referred to Zabuza as 'that kid', implying that either in seniority or in skills, he was Zabuza's superior.

According to Itachi, Kisame probably would have suffered 'unnecessary injuries' by fighting (and presumably beating) Kakashi and the rest, and so Kakashi, while below the likes of Kisame, probably isn't -too- far off.

Gai beat a 30% chakra Kisame only by using a dangerous double-edged move a la opening the gates; Kakashi, on the other hand, didn't 'beat' Itachi at all, and only held him there for a brief moment while Naruto did a huge friggin' rasengan.

I would say 2-3 high ranking jounins would be needed to convincingly beat a mid-level Akatsuki, whereas the high level Akatsuki such as Itachi, Pain, etc., need someone with a main character shield no jutsu to be beaten.
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Wo Xing View Post
    Kisame referred to Zabuza as 'that kid', implying that either in seniority or in skills, he was Zabuza's superior.

According to Itachi, Kisame probably would have suffered 'unnecessary injuries' by fighting (and presumably beating) Kakashi and the rest, and so Kakashi, while below the likes of Kisame, probably isn't -too- far off.

Gai beat a 30% chakra Kisame only by using a dangerous double-edged move a la opening the gates; Kakashi, on the other hand, didn't 'beat' Itachi at all, and only held him there for a brief moment while Naruto did a huge friggin' rasengan.

I would say 2-3 high ranking jounins would be needed to convincingly beat a mid-level Akatsuki, whereas the high level Akatsuki such as Itachi, Pain, etc., need someone with a main character shield no jutsu to be beaten.
    That looks like a good analysis to me. Nice job.

One thing that often bugs me is when our young heroes see an incoming danger and go into a bug-eyed freeze before reacting.

what i never got is how come nobody in naruto's generation can do kage bunshin. It's pretty useful and can't be that hard can it. I would have guessed at least neji or sasuke should be able to do it.

I get a bit sick of Naruto's 'clone jitsu' which he always seems to use....usually without good results. You'd think he'd have learned to use it as an immediate distraction while he conjures up some a lot more forceful.
    Notice the borrowed Chinese things like the Taoist symbols and the 'Eight Trigrams'.

but it seems to be such a stock standard skill that everyone else can do except for the naruto generation of ninjas.
    the way naruto uses it is not the normal ninja way because he just uses it to make more fists and legs for brawling.

Quote Originally Posted by KeongJai View Post
    what i never got is how come nobody in naruto's generation can do kage bunshin. It's pretty useful and can't be that hard can it. I would have guessed at least neji or sasuke should be able to do it.
    Are you talking about pre-time skip or post?

In the fights of Sasuke vs atasuki members, does he use Kage bunshin or some sort of derivative?

If neji can use Kage bunshin => no blind spot? Isn't having numerous kage bunshins as lookouts similar to pein's ability? Pein is so boring. Naruto is boring. Sasugay is boring. I want to see more of hyuuga clan. Enough of this 'clone wars sith' that goes on between uchiha, I want proper fights. Man things were so awesome back in the chuunin exams, now it's utter crap.
    Member of HYS fanclub -> click here to join group.

Member of TC fanclub.

The Kage Bunshin No Jutsu is a Jounin level jutsu. Naruto learned it off a secret scroll and was able to because he had a very high level of chakra.

Quote Originally Posted by yittz View Post

In the fights of Sasuke vs atasuki members, does he use Kage bunshin or some sort of derivative?

If neji can use Kage bunshin => no blind spot? Isn't having numerous kage bunshins as lookouts similar to pein's ability? Pein is so boring. Naruto is boring. Sasugay is boring. I want to see more of hyuuga clan. Enough of this 'clone wars sith' that goes on between uchiha, I want proper fights. Man things were so awesome back in the chuunin exams, now it's utter crap.
    Sasuke can use snake bunshins. Itachi, it seems, can use crow bunshins.

Now Rock Lee has discovered the Japanese version of 'drunken kung fu'.

Quote Originally Posted by yittz View Post

yeah I'm talking after timeskip.

re: sasuke using bunshin of any sort - don't think so, I really can't remember, but he hasn't had as much airtime as naruto. I do remember Sasuke used genjutsu with his sharingan though to make the bad guys think they were attacking him.

post timeskip I don't think anyone has used kage bunshin except, kakashi, naruto, itachi (probably a few more bad guys).

yeah I'm talking after timeskip.

re: sasuke using bunshin of any sort - don't think so, I really can't remember, but he hasn't had as much airtime as naruto. I do remember Sasuke used genjutsu with his sharingan though to make the bad guys think they were attacking him.

post timeskip I don't think anyone has used kage bunshin except, kakashi, naruto, itachi (probably a few more bad guys).
    You need alot of chakara. Only I and Naruto with the 9tails can do it at his level. Yes and plus is Jounin level which he only learned from the sacred scroll.
    Last edited by oGaKirA; 01-07-08 at 11:38 AM.
    Due to several complaints, I will stop using the terms "Babe" and "Baby" in reference to our female counterpart. They will now be replaced with "B*tch."

SPCNET Karaoke Corner

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyT View Post
    The Naruto anime is starting to piss me off. The animators are trying to drag out the story for as long as possible. It's turning into a staring contest with everyone else standing around doing nothing.
    That's how they squeeze us veiwers/customers for our money. I just hope I get to finish it b4 my lifetime.
    Due to several complaints, I will stop using the terms "Babe" and "Baby" in reference to our female counterpart. They will now be replaced with "B*tch."

SPCNET Karaoke Corner

Quote Originally Posted by sarakoth View Post
    Kakash beat Zabuza with a quickness the first time. Haku saved him. As we see, it's not just brute strength and technique but also brains.

But I guess we talkin about skills here. I think Gai and Kakash are at Kisame's level atleast. Kakash prolly rival Itachi's level.

SPCNET Karaoke Corner

Quote Originally Posted by oGaKirA View Post
    Kakash beat Zabuza with a quickness the first time. Haku saved him. As we see, it's not just brute strength and technique but also brains.

But I guess we talkin about skills here. I think Gai and Kakash are at Kisame's level atleast. Kakash prolly rival Itachi's level.
    Actually, Zabuza had Kakashi beat by tricking and trapping him into the water prison. Technically speaking, if it weren't for Naruto and Sasuke, the battle should've been over at that moment.

Quote Originally Posted by oGaKirA View Post
    You need alot of chakara. Only I and Naruto with the 9tails can do it at his level. Yes and plus is Jounin level which he only learned from the sacred scroll.
    exactly. This leads me to ask this question. Do you think Sasuke is jounin level post time skip? I was discussing this assuming that he was at jounin level.

exactly. This leads me to ask this question. Do you think Sasuke is jounin level post time skip? I was discussing this assuming that he was at jounin level.
    Sasuke's a main character and main characters can be classified outside of traditional ranks.

Since Sasuke has

click to show/hide spoilers
    killed Deidara, a member of Akatsuki,

I think it's safe to say that yes, he is at least jounin level.