Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Naruto

Quote Originally Posted by yittz View Post
    That was so expected. The manner in which it happened was meh...
    The thing with akatsuki members is, some of them have such bs abilities. And the sannin don't (at least not to the same level of bs-ness).
    click to show/hide spoilers
    Hidan is immortal, kakuza(?) can stitch anyone back up and absorb hearts/chakra power, pain is a 6 ninja in one.

Compare that to Tsunade - her regenerate her body ability and orochimaru's "take over your body" skill (which can only be used every 3 years) and Jiraiya's "frog shoulders mode".

THere's no way any of the sannin can beat those 3 akatsuki on their first go (unless there's some sort of deux ex machina like kakuza's 4 out of 5 hearts had heart attacks so you only had to kill him once). Well, orochimaru could if he was allowed to use his "takeover your body" ability - but even then it might just take out 1 of pain's bodies or 1 of kakuza's hearts.

I reckon if the akatsuki didn't have such bullshit powers the sannin would win take this example where "pain" said "lucky he/they kept their secret, because if Jiraiya knew about it, they wouldn't have stood a chance".

Jiraiya is strong and it's pretty evident in
    the Jaraiya vs Pain fight. Jaraiya was pretty strong. Even Pain said that he would have lost if Jaraiya found out his secret.

Quote Originally Posted by KeongJai View Post
    The thing with akatsuki members is, some of them have such bs abilities. And the sannin don't (at least not to the same level of bs-ness).

Hidan is immortal, kakuza(?) can stitch anyone back up and absorb hearts/chakra power, pain is a 6 ninja in one.

Compare that to Tsunade - her regenerate her body ability and orochimaru's "take over your body" skill (which can only be used every 3 years) and Jiraiya's "frog shoulders mode".

THere's no way any of the sannin can beat those 3 akatsuki on their first go (unless there's some sort of deux ex machina like kakuza's 4 out of 5 hearts had heart attacks so you only had to kill him once). Well, orochimaru could if he was allowed to use his "takeover your body" ability - but even then it might just take out 1 of pain's bodies or 1 of kakuza's hearts.

I reckon if the akatsuki didn't have such bullshit powers the sannin would win take this example where "pain" said "lucky he/they kept their secret, because if Jiraiya knew about it, they wouldn't have stood a chance".
    I agree to a certain extent. But Im sure Jiraiya would whoop most of the Ak. And you know the usual anime irony, everyone has a weakness.
    Last edited by oGaKirA; 01-12-08 at 10:00 AM.
    Due to several complaints, I will stop using the terms "Babe" and "Baby" in reference to our female counterpart. They will now be replaced with "B*tch."

SPCNET Karaoke Corner

Oh incase you guys want to read manga online rather then download, here's where I go: http://www.onemanga.com/
    Due to several complaints, I will stop using the terms "Babe" and "Baby" in reference to our female counterpart. They will now be replaced with "B*tch."

SPCNET Karaoke Corner

My impression is Itachi's genjutsu defeated Orichimaru's attempt to take over his body. It's different from Itachi defeated Orichimaru. Imo Orichimaru didn't show a lot of respect to uchiha clan when he tried that stunt on their genius.

In another area, when Itachi was pawning his little emo bro, Itachi commented on how he and Fishhead couldn't take on Jiraiya and they would die to him. That didn't make sense to me, unless Itachi was so weak after using MS that Fishhead couldn't win alone, or it would take too much time and effort, or if Itachi proves to be good - he was saving Jiraiya.

Most Akatsuki have been very powerful so far, bar the trash-talking grim reaper.
    I didn't think Hidan was weak at all when he first appeared. All the leaf shinobi admitted that he seemed unreal and Kakashi was awed by his power.

After a marathon week of viewing online episodes I've apparently caught up to the point where I'll have to wait for episodes just like I do for Avatar. How will Naruto recover from his 'Four Tailed Fox' battle with Orichimaru? Did Orichimaru kill the creepy new team member? Oh the suspense....

If you want to know then I recommend you to read the manga version. Manga version is the way ahead of the anime version. You could find your answers there.
    I don't read the manga version, so I don't know what will happen. hehe
    Last edited by odbayarb2000; 01-21-08 at 04:15 PM.
    "Big Hero Linghu kills frogs with the Dugu Nine Swords!”

Quote Originally Posted by odbayarb2000 View Post
    If you want to know then I recommend you to read the manga version. Manga version is the way ahead of the anime version. I could find your answers there.
    I don't read the manga version, so I don't know what will happen. hehe
    Thanks for your offer, but I've avoided checking the manga and am willing to wait impatiently for the anime. Just for the heck of it, I might check out one of the earlier mangas out of curiosity.

Manga is much, much better than the anime.
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Wo Xing View Post
    Manga is much, much better than the anime.
    Agreed. The anime is just too draggy to enjoy right now. They need to pick up the pace.
    I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyT View Post
    Agreed. The anime is just too draggy to enjoy right now. They need to pick up the pace.
    You're right. I got pretty sick of seeing Naruto in his fox form
    just crouching and growling without attacking Orichimaru. The battle did seem to take a major toll on Orichimaru though.
    I also kept hoping that Sakura would whack 'Four-eyes' while he was distracted, but then he couldn't have healed her after the Naruto / Fox hit her.

Quote Originally Posted by sarakoth View Post
    I didn't think Hidan was weak at all when he first appeared. All the leaf shinobi admitted that he seemed unreal and Kakashi was awed by his power.
    Hidan was crap. All talk no action. He only took out -----, because no one knew his secret. Everytime he kills that secret is laid out to be figured out, unlike say pein/sasori who was forced by strong opponents. The rest of Atasuki can take out whole armies, Hidan is utterly useless without Kakuzu as backup.
    Member of HYS fanclub -> click here to join group.

Member of TC fanclub.

Hidan was crap. All talk no action. He only took out -----, because no one knew his secret. Everytime he kills that secret is laid out to be figured out, unlike say pein/sasori who was forced by strong opponents. The rest of Atasuki can take out whole armies, Hidan is utterly useless without Kakuzu as backup.
    actually if he had brains nobody would ever find out about his secret.
    And here is how.
    he just needed to take blood from everyone, not just asuma. THEN do his ritual and KO everyone at once. no survivors = secret safe.
    Kishimoto depicted his stupidity as his weak point. Godlike ability without the brains is useless.

anyone check out the newest manga yet?
    man was i wrong about itachi lol...he's evil as fack....and mandara has the coolest looking mangekyou
    wow..04-08....4 years just like that..time flies..

Only thing I didn't find too convincing was...
    If Madara and bro were equal in strength, how did a blind Madara just pluck out the eyes of his bro? lol

SPCNET Karaoke Corner

Quote Originally Posted by KeongJai View Post
    actually if he had brains nobody would ever find out about his secret.
    And here is how.
    he just needed to take blood from everyone, not just asuma. THEN do his ritual and KO everyone at once. no survivors = secret safe.
    Kishimoto depicted his stupidity as his weak point. Godlike ability without the brains is useless.
    His attack is too slow for that, he needs strong backup, so he isn't decapitated. Unless he pretends to be a doctor and collect blood. Apart from his ability, he's a pretty crap ninja otherwise, unlike other AT members.

Member of TC fanclub.

Quote Originally Posted by duguxiaojing View Post
    anyone check out the newest manga yet?
    man was i wrong about itachi lol...he's evil as fack....and mandara has the coolest looking mangekyou
    Yeah lol, totally wrong. He seemed so pained by his decision to kill everyone. I can't believe he thinks the founder as weak.

Member of TC fanclub.

hmmm u mean mandara and not the first right? maybe he is refering to him now...the manga seemed to imply that he is not at full strength...and mandara himself was hinting on using the jinchurki's to regain his powers...i dont recall his exact wording though..

also, since he was defeated by the first...does that mean 3rd(in his prime) and 4th were stronger than mandara?
    wow..04-08....4 years just like that..time flies..

I don't think he was defeated by him, but his seemed to be ousted in terms of popularity and power of followers.

Member of TC fanclub.

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

So one can still manage to obtain Mangekyo S., without sacrificing someone close, well maybe for one with super talented sharingan.

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

I don't think he was defeated by him, but his seemed to be ousted in terms of popularity and power of followers.
    yes he just lost control of the majority, however I'm sure it involved superb fight, one that need more flashback from kishimoto