Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Football

Quote Originally Posted by James Ko
    Ya... but that is why is always up in the air when it comes to a new NFL season

I really think Jamal Lewis wouldn't get 2000yard season again... people know that Ravens can't pass at all... so they will develop a defense against their runs...

For Priest Holmes and the Chief, I think is do able... because of their offense... They have a passing game and a rushing game.
    Chiefs have a really weak defense and their wideouts are actually average the more you think about it. Their only threat in the passing game is Tony Gonzalez. Trent Green is pretty good but he's in a situation kind of like what McNabb was in last season with bad receivers. I think the Ravens really resemble their 1999-2000 season this year. Jamal Lewis WON'T get another 2000 yard season for a fact. Maybe 1600-1700, but I they're still my favorite in the AFC. I think the patriots are getting old. They have way too many veteran players on defense and Brady can't control a game by himself like Peyton Manning can.

That is true Chief have a horriable defense... it is funny they once have an awsome defense (D.Thomas days) anyways... God please his soul.

As for the Pats. I don't know Brady is pretty good for what he does and Bellerik (sp) always have something up his sleeve... I can't say they will repeat as Superbowl champ but I can't write them off either.
    Flame on I am gone...

Facebook Is the best thing since ICQ

That is true Chief have a horriable defense... it is funny they once have an awsome defense (D.Thomas days) anyways... God please his soul.

As for the Pats. I don't know Brady is pretty good for what he does and Bellerik (sp) always have something up his sleeve... I can't say they will repeat as Superbowl champ but I can't write them off either.
    Yeah but the Pat's defense won't be as good as last year's defense. Now that they have the new rule enforced pretty heavily the Patriots secondary will be mediocre, maybe less than that. The Patriots relied on that physical play with their corners and that's one of the main reasons why they won the AFC. Just wait until this Thursday and you'll see Peyton Manning tear up the Patriots secondary. I'll probably feel like an idiot if they don't, since I'm making such a bold statement., but I can guarantee it.

That is what football is about making bond statement

Joe Namath taught us that
    Flame on I am gone...

Quote Originally Posted by Brian0032
    Most overrated team this year are the Eagles.
    don't be hating, man.
    It means you got eyes like apostrophes, you dress white, talk black, and drive Jew. So how am I supposed to know what kind of zipperhead dog-munching dink you are if you don't?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian0032
    Yeah, but nobody is really going to worry about Tim Brown that much. He's kind of like Chris Carter when he played for Miami, all worn out. Jerry Rice is actually still good wich suprises me alot and Jerry Porter is awesome dude. Jerry Porter's the best wideout in the AFC West, in my opinion. I don't think they can win games with Rich Gannon though. I think that they should use Kerry Collins. Kerry Collins has looked really good in the preseason. Much like whenever he made it to the superbowl back in 2000 (I think it was 2000). Maybe not that good, but still pretty damn close.
    I totally agree on Gannon. All the Raiders pre-season games are won when Kerry Collins took over in 2 or 3rd quarter. Gannon only had one TD and the rest are field goal. I'm praying hard the Raiders will win the 1st regular season against Steelers on the road game! If Gannon is the starter (which he will), I'm skeptical they will win this Sunday!
    *A smile is contagious; be a carrier*

Quote Originally Posted by dan J
    don't be hating, man.
    They are pretty overrated everytime you think about it. McNabb overrated, can't pass accuartely enough compared to most starting quarterbacks. TO, I think this guy is a completely spoiled jackass and is also overrated. He's not consistent enough and really isn't an elite receiver anymore (top 10). Steve Smith should've taken his place in the pro bowl last year. Their TB's are also average at best. Brian Westbrook looks like the starter now since Buchkalter is out.

Now for their defense, hmm... where should I start. They have very weak corners, their only good player that can defend the pass well is Brian Dawkins other than that the rest are less than average. Their D-Line is pretty impressive except for a few spots. Their Defensive Ends are good but not good enough. Hugh Douglas is getting old, Kalu is average, and Kearse will most likely go out with another injury this season. Their LB's are also average. Their main stars on defense are Brian Dawkins and Jevon Kearse (which I think will not get double digit sacks this year). I can't wait to see the Vikings play the Eagles later on this season and just tear apart their secondary.

The more you think about it the Eagles really can't stop either pass or run anymore. Kind of like last years NFC Championship game. Did you see a backup running back on the Panthers break not 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 BUT 6 tackles? That just proves the Eagles lack of passion and how weak their defense really is. The eagles will win the NFC East (mainly because all of the teams are sorry) but I don't think they'll win a playoff game this year. To tell the truth I think this is their last year as a playoff potential team because the NFC east will be alot better next year. Eagles this year all or nothing, but most likely it will be nothing. If I was TO I would have joined the Ravens and soon to be the BEST defensive team in the league and the 2004-05 Superbowl Champs.

hehe I thought Vick was overated... actually I think most rushing QB are overated

Now as DAN J said don't be hating
    Flame on I am gone...

hehe I thought Vick was overated... actually I think most rushing QB are overated

Now as DAN J said don't be hating
    Except for Steve McNair and Daunte Culpeper. Those are the best rushing qb's, although they don't run as much as they used to they still can use that advantage as a double edged sword, and they can pass really accurately too.

maybe I am old school... I still think Steve Young is the best running qb... and cunningham too but they wasn't a very good passer.

As much I hate packers, i still think Farve is the best to watch second to Montana
    Flame on I am gone...

maybe I am old school... I still think Steve Young is the best running qb... and cunningham too but they wasn't a very good passer.

As much I hate packers, i still think Farve is the best to watch second to Montana
    Oh you're not old school. I was just talking about current NFL. If I were talking about best running qb I'd have to say John Elway. He's very athletic and also is one of the best passers all time. Back to Back superbowls and his numbers are enough for me. Oh and Cunningham was one of my favorite qb's to watch (like 5 or 6 years ago, forgot when) when he was with the Vikings. The combination of Cunningham, Carter, Moss, Rod Smith; that was just so awesome. That's what made me a huge Viking fan.

I can't believe the Colts lost. Anyone else watch the game? Can't believe Edgerin James fumbled TWICE in the redzone too. Well watch out Panthers gonna' kill Packers Monday night.

Colts ain't great I think... give them couple more years. I know they have big names James, Manning, Harrison but as a team I just dont' see them winning it all.

While Pats they are pretty good as a team... and it shows. So it was a good win for them.
    Flame on I am gone...

Colts ain't great I think... give them couple more years. I know they have big names James, Manning, Harrison but as a team I just dont' see them winning it all.
    you sure you watched the colts play last year? plus James and Harrison will be free agents this coming offseason, there might not gonna be a couple more years.

Eagles looking good so far, even if it is against the giants. the passing in one game has already shown more production than the whole entire last season. Westbrook picked up exactly where he left off before he got hurt in the playoff. though the run d didn't seem to have changed much. Let's see how the secondary stacks up the coming Monday night game.

Surprisingly, Warner did pretty well. but the Giants' receivers were dropping passes like last year's Eagles. Anybody see the hit Manning took.

What a stinker for the Lions. Charles Rogers is probably lost for the season again. although Roy Williams is going to be amazing. so what does everyone think of the opening week.
    It means you got eyes like apostrophes, you dress white, talk black, and drive Jew. So how am I supposed to know what kind of zipperhead dog-munching dink you are if you don't?

ya I follow them last year, but I didn't think of them as superbowl champ then and not now either hehe... and yes Colts were very explosive teams but something was missing from them... maybe experience I don't know. As you said James, Harrison could leave after this season due to free agents... it would be sad to see because they can bring a superbowl back to the proud colt history if they stay together.

As for Ravens and offense... Lewis get shut out and they are done. Browns really suprise me there Garica still got something to show (I followed him since CFL days).

And so sad... Da bears lost the opener to lions too so very sad....
    Flame on I am gone...

ya I follow them last year, but I didn't think of them as superbowl champ then and not now either hehe... and yes Colts were very explosive teams but something was missing from them... maybe experience I don't know. As you said James, Harrison could leave after this season due to free agents... it would be sad to see because they can bring a superbowl back to the proud colt history if they stay together.

As for Ravens and offense... Lewis get shut out and they are done. Browns really suprise me there Garica still got something to show (I followed him since CFL days).

And so sad... Da bears lost the opener to lions too so very sad....
    So did the Panthers. It's been driving me insane these past 2 days. I'm a huge panther fan and I can't understand why they didn't run the ball. I don't even think Stephen Davis got more than 20 carries. Drives me nuts. Now Steve Smith is out for the season (most likely) which makes the situation even worse. I know it's only one game but I better go ahead and dig out my Randy Moss jersey somewhere.

Panthers are a better team then what happen last monday nite when packers... well mostly Green did to them.

So no worry I worry for da Bears more
    Flame on I am gone...

Panthers are a better team then what happen last monday nite when packers... well mostly Green did to them.

So no worry I worry for da Bears more
    Stephen Davis is out now, for up to 5 weeks.

Big games this week

Oilers vs Colts... some predict that Colts might start the season 0-2 but who knows....

Bears and Packers... I just love the games between these two old rivals
    Flame on I am gone...

O SHIT!!1 ANOTHER MATCH OF THE GREAT ENERMIES.
    GO BEARS!!!!...

-- ok i'm a bears fan but i dont think they can beat the packers yet. they just missing that miracle qb.
    Am i Crazy!?!?!?!
    [8888888][8888888][8888888][8888888][8888888][8888888]