Page 40 of 47 FirstFirst ... 303132333435363738394041424344454647 LastLast

Thread: Football

All I gotta say is Eli got my respect...
    "You can't make the world come out right just because you want it that way."

Even though I won some money off the Super Bowl, I am not at all happy about the result. I wanted New England to win and finish 19-0. But hats off to the NYG. The 4th quarter was full of excitement. That's how a Super Bowl game should be.
    I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.

1 of the best superbowl game ever (after my 49ers of montana and young of course ). but wow did any1 see that eli escaping a sack and throw to tyree where he had to catch it above his head? that has to be 1 of the top 5 plays in superbowl history.
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR View Post
    1 of the best superbowl game ever (after my 49ers of montana and young of course ). but wow did any1 see that eli escaping a sack and throw to tyree where he had to catch it above his head? that has to be 1 of the top 5 plays in superbowl history.
    that look kind of like the SB between Rams and Titans when McNair escape a sack and throw to his WR (the play b4 the last play when time ended)....

what an upset!!!!!!!!!!!! I lost so much money on this game..it was pitiful. it was a pitiful game. Patriots undefeated and then got their azz whooped at the superbowl..WHAT THE HECK! SAD, SAD, SAD...

no MORE BETTING FOR ME..thank heaven football season is OVeR...
    ****Love, Live, and watch Asian Series****

Is it so shocking that NYG won?? I mean Eli and the Giants has been on a row...they picked off top teams in the NFL to get this far....so the shock value to me is gone...It doesn't suprise me that the Giants won.

But I do think this is the greatest upset ever in football history for the Patriots...

Are you serious? The Pats were 18-0 coming in and have been running over everyone all year. The Giants have played nearly flawless football in the playoffs and still only managed to win close games against NFC teams that are inferior to the Pats. So to answer your question of course it is shocking that they managed to pull it out.

The Giants coaches outcoached the Pats ones tonight. Lousy Bellichick could not even stay on the field like a man.

I caught the final drive in its entirety and the Tyree catch was simply amazing. Just the greatest football catch in NY sports history.
    This account is retired.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfox2002 View Post
    Are you serious? The Pats were 18-0 coming in and have been running over everyone all year. The Giants have played nearly flawless football in the playoffs and still only managed to win close games against NFC teams that are inferior to the Pats. So to answer your question of course it is shocking that they managed to pull it out.

The Giants coaches outcoached the Pats ones tonight. Lousy Bellichick could not even stay on the field like a man.

I caught the final drive in its entirety and the Tyree catch was simply amazing. Just the greatest football catch in NY sports history.
    actually the patriots were suppose to lose to the ravens in week 13 if it werent for the refs. and they had a very close victory agaisnt the eagles in week 12. and not to mention, the giants almost had them on week 16. but i agree, this game was a huge shocker lol. im jsut happy the giants won!

I"m dead serious I don't find it shocking to see the Giants beat the Pats, after seeing the Giants beat Dallas and GB, the two top teams in the NFC..that was a shocker for me...the Giants has been playing flawless football in the playoffs and won games that counted. As for the Pats that perfect season is going to be tainted the first team in NFL history to have a perfect regular season not to win a SB.

Defense was the deciding factor that won the game for NYG. You gotta give credit to the Giants D, they shut down the much "superior" Pats who managed to score 14 points in the entire game. And not to mention Tom Brady got sacked five times, he got sacked more in the SB than the entire season...I don't recall ever seeing Tom Brady pressured like that in the pocket.
    Last edited by MrPhotastic; 02-04-08 at 02:25 AM.

I live out of a suitcase, but the heart is at home on the lake.

Default NYG Got Game!

Quote Originally Posted by CanDEE View Post
    what an upset!!!!!!!!!!!! I lost so much money on this game..it was pitiful. it was a pitiful game. Patriots undefeated and then got their azz whooped at the superbowl..WHAT THE HECK! SAD, SAD, SAD...

no MORE BETTING FOR ME..thank heaven football season is OVeR...
    I feel your exact sentiment. My blood pressure is soooo high right now because I’m freakin’ pissed!!!! What the heck? The Patriot started out strong and managed to hold onto the winning position until the last quarter! Aaaaarrrrggggghhh!!! What a major upset and a let down. Though, luckily I missed out on the bet deadline; otherwise, all my lunch money for this week would have been down the drain too.

Nonetheless, it was a magnificent game! I will never underestimate Eli Manning again! Also, this has to be one of the lowest scoring games in history! Both sides really did have strong defenses this year.
    Last edited by bellamia; 02-04-08 at 04:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPhotastic View Post
    As for the Pats that perfect season is going to be tainted the first team in NFL history to have a perfect regular season not to win a SB.
    I concur! That's why it is such a major upset! The Patriots has had a perfect season, so it was ALMOST a safe bet that they would win the superbowl. But then tonight shows that there is no such thing as "perfection." This game was also really close, since the NYG didn't gain ground until the last quarter.

Quote Originally Posted by bellamia View Post
    I concur! That's why it is such a major upset! The Patriots has had a perfect season, so it was ALMOST a safe bet that they would win the superbowl. But then tonight shows that there is no such thing as "perfection." This game was also really close, since the NYG didn't gain ground until the last quarter.
    wow u watch football

wow u watch football
    Is that okay? Does that make me less of a girl? My sister got me into Football. She's a fanatic, almost reminds me of CanDEE. Anyhow, Eli Manning is her favorite and she's gloating like a queen at the moment.

Is that okay? Does that make me less of a girl? My sister got me into Football. She's a fanatic, almost reminds me of CanDEE. Anyhow, Eli Manning is her favorite and she's gloating like a queen at the moment.
    i think that makes u.... more sexy?

Quote Originally Posted by MrPhotastic View Post
    I"m dead serious I don't find it shocking to see the Giants beat the Pats, after seeing the Giants beat Dallas and GB, the two top teams in the NFC..that was a shocker for me...the Giants has been playing flawless football in the playoffs and won games that counted. As for the Pats that perfect season is going to be tainted the first team in NFL history to have a perfect regular season not to win a SB.

Defense was the deciding factor that won the game for NYG. You gotta give credit to the Giants D, they shut down the much "superior" Pats who managed to score 14 points in the entire game. And not to mention Tom Brady got sacked five times, he got sacked more in the SB than the entire season...I don't recall ever seeing Tom Brady pressured like that in the pocket.
    I think you are vastly underestimating how great the NE team is. However I agree that the NYG D deserves tons of credit. I personally think that the front 4 on defense deserves the MVP, not Manning.

Thinking back to the last NYG drive, it was really an amazing drive. Manning threw off his backfoot most of the time because the NE pass rush was in his face almost every play. There was a 3rd and long catch that Toomer caught shy of a first down. Then Jacobs barely got the first down on 4th down. Then a near INT up the right sidelines when the WO ran his route differently than Manning ancipated. Then there was that crazy Tyree play. Then I think the Smith 11 yd catch was on third down too. The TD pass to Burres seems so easy in comparison to the other plays.

bellamia, I think it's the opposite. The Pats offense looked bad cuz of the pass rush and lack of a running gm and didn't hit their stride until the 4th quarter when the NY pass rush got tired. I didn't see their opening TD drive, but I think it was based on a big kickoff return and a pass interference penalty. The defense also played pretty well at the end. The Tyree play was a freak play. They did blow coverage on the Smith ball, then Burres just tricked the CB on the TD.
    This account is retired.

i think that makes u.... more sexy?
    cool, so does that makes me sexy too, my dear Lunar???

Actually I'm more into football this season for some reasons..

i guess I'll see you more in this thread next season Bellamia??? The guys in here are going to help us make some Mullas wiht some of their picks and hotlines..heheheheh..

Eli and Peyton Manning's father must be very proud having both sons winning the Superbowl two consecutive year...Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDEE View Post
    cool, so does that makes me sexy too, my dear Lunar???

Actually I'm more into football this season for some reasons..
    but u are more a gambler than football fan so bella is a bit more sexier

I think you are vastly underestimating how great the NE team is. However I agree that the NYG D deserves tons of credit. I personally think that the front 4 on defense deserves the MVP, not Manning.

Thinking back to the last NYG drive, it was really an amazing drive. Manning threw off his backfoot most of the time because the NE pass rush was in his face almost every play. There was a 3rd and long catch that Toomer caught shy of a first down. Then Jacobs barely got the first down on 4th down. Then a near INT up the right sidelines when the WO ran his route differently than Manning ancipated. Then there was that crazy Tyree play. Then I think the Smith 11 yd catch was on third down too. The TD pass to Burres seems so easy in comparison to the other plays.

bellamia, I think it's the opposite. The Pats offense looked bad cuz of the pass rush and lack of a running gm and didn't hit their stride until the 4th quarter when the NY pass rush got tired. I didn't see their opening TD drive, but I think it was based on a big kickoff return and a pass interference penalty. The defense also played pretty well at the end. The Tyree play was a freak play. They did blow coverage on the Smith ball, then Burres just tricked the CB on the TD.
    i agree, the last drive by the giants was epic! i thought the game was over when webster tripped and moss got an easy td, but woah, what a comeback

Patriots should just blame the lost on Tom Brady's GF Giselle----she was at the game and he couldn't concentrate.. Same affect as Jessica Simpson on Romo...

Women are so powerful! hehehehhe--Just kidding guys. don't shoot me.

[quote=LuNaR;779229]but u are more a gambler than football fan so bella is a bit more sexier

I'm so hurt Lunar but it's ok..you are speaking the truth...Thanks to this season, I got myself a New LV purse and few pairs of name-brand jeans...I really didn't bet big. I just got really lucky wiht my Parlay bet that's all. However, tonight BET was the biggest-