Page 12 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Football

Quote Originally Posted by SKYLINE GT-R 32
    Isn't Carolina 0-4 vs. Atlanta with Michael Vick as the QB.

The Giants were at least a contention for the playoffs when Kurt Warner was the QB. When Eli started as the QB he is 0-4 or 5.
    Atlanta also lost both their starters FB and RB, so the offense will revolve around Vick this Saturday.

Isn't Carolina 0-4 vs. Atlanta with Michael Vick as the QB.

The Giants were at least a contention for the playoffs when Kurt Warner was the QB. When Eli started as the QB he is 0-4 or 5.
    well make that 0-5 now. It was a great game though. The thing that killed us were the dumb coaching moves. Should have picked better plays. I think Peppers should deserve Defensive player of the year. He's been awesome this year and last night he was great too. Oh well, the panthers run was good while it lasted. Can't wait until their healthy and get back 14 or 15 of their players back from the IR next year.

I still don't think it was that big of a mistake. If he didn't start, he'd be a rookie all over again next season. plus, with the teams they played down the stretch, I don't think Warner would've done better. what you have to remember is that despite the shocking start, the Giants weren't that good of a team.
    It means you got eyes like apostrophes, you dress white, talk black, and drive Jew. So how am I supposed to know what kind of zipperhead dog-munching dink you are if you don't?

Quote Originally Posted by dan J
    I still don't think it was that big of a mistake. If he didn't start, he'd be a rookie all over again next season. plus, with the teams they played down the stretch, I don't think Warner would've done better. what you have to remember is that despite the shocking start, the Giants weren't that good of a team.
    No, the Giants weren't a good team to start with, but Warner and Barber held that thing together in the first several weeks. I find it very funny that many of the NY "pundits" (mostly talk radio people) who were calling for Eli to start over Warner has turned around in about 3 weeks and called it a stupid decision.

Also, you have to admit, the way Coughlin handled the situation overall was very amateurish.
    春花秋月几时了,
    往事知多少?
    小楼昨夜又东风,
    故国不堪回首明月中.
    雕栏玉砌应犹在,
    只是朱颜改.
    问君能有几多愁,
    恰似一江春水向东流.
    --南唐后主,李煜.

Quote Originally Posted by Moinllieon
    No, the Giants weren't a good team to start with, but Warner and Barber held that thing together in the first several weeks.
    yes, but it was on the brink of falling apart anyway (in my opinion), with or without Manning. the 5 starts that Manning lost were against 10+ win teams or away to a top ranked defense.

I find it very funny that many of the NY "pundits" (mostly talk radio people) who were calling for Eli to start over Warner has turned around in about 3 weeks and called it a stupid decision.
    but that's what they do. just think Carson Palmer and the heat he took throughout the season, but now all of a sudden, Marvin Lewis is a genious.

Also, you have to admit, the way Coughlin handled the situation overall was very amateurish.
    indeed, this is also a coach that was rumored to have lost control of his team in the first couple weeks.

other random thoughts for the week, congrats to Chargers and Drew Brees, gotta love the irony. Someone should tell Peyton to break the damn record already. Lastly, hope TO is alright, we need him.
    It means you got eyes like apostrophes, you dress white, talk black, and drive Jew. So how am I supposed to know what kind of zipperhead dog-munching dink you are if you don't?

yes, but it was on the brink of falling apart anyway (in my opinion), with or without Manning. the 5 starts that Manning lost were against 10+ win teams or away to a top ranked defense.
    Yeah, just a bad situation to put Eli in. But I'm guessing at least Warner would have generated more than 1 TD in the 4 starts before this week and Eli wouldn't have been so battered if Warner had started... oh well... Eli had to start for the first time sometime I guess.

other random thoughts for the week, congrats to Chargers and Drew Brees, gotta love the irony. Someone should tell Peyton to break the damn record already. Lastly, hope TO is alright, we need him.
    Just so you know, I despise Philip Rivers with a passion, so I'm definitely enjoying the Drew Brees renaissance. I hope they trade his sorry behind to Chicago or some other QB black hole. I kinda wish that Peyton get stuck on 47... just so he has to fake his "cheerfulness" for an extra bit longer for the media. As for TO.

All I gotta say is: "karma". Besides, not like anything the Eagles does from now until the Conference Championship game really matters much. And you know that.
    春花秋月几时了,
    往事知多少?
    小楼昨夜又东风,
    故国不堪回首明月中.
    雕栏玉砌应犹在,
    只是朱颜改.
    问君能有几多愁,
    恰似一江春水向东流.
    --南唐后主,李煜.

Quote Originally Posted by Moinllieon
    Just so you know, I despise Philip Rivers with a passion, so I'm definitely enjoying the Drew Brees renaissance. I hope they trade his sorry behind to Chicago or some other QB black hole.
    Thanks, ya jerk.

We just need Grossman to be back and healthy. Maybe get a couple of veteran receivers and we should be fine next year. This season looked promising until Grossman went down. Hopefully he will secure the Bears QB position for the rest of the decade.

Just so you know, I despise Philip Rivers with a passion, so I'm definitely enjoying the Drew Brees renaissance. I hope they trade his sorry behind to Chicago or some other QB black hole.
    it will sure be interesting to see what the Chargers do in the offseason with that QB situation.

I kinda wish that Peyton get stuck on 47... just so he has to fake his "cheerfulness" for an extra bit longer for the media.
    or maybe he's just pacing himself, so he might have another shot at breaking his own record again next year. would be funny if he finish the season at 47, ouch.

As for TO. All I gotta say is: "karma". Besides, not like anything the Eagles does from now until the Conference Championship game really matters much. And you know that.
    unfortunately, looks like he's lost for the year including the playoffs. "karma" is a *****. now we got 2 meaningless weeks to prove otherwise. *fingers crossed*

unfortunately, looks like he's lost for the year including the playoffs. "karma" is a *****. now we got 2 meaningless weeks to prove otherwise. *fingers crossed*
    Yay! I hope that means no superbowl for eagles. Just hoping it does. I hate the eagles.

No TO for 5-7 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ
    Thanks, ya jerk.

We just need Grossman to be back and healthy. Maybe get a couple of veteran receivers and we should be fine next year. This season looked promising until Grossman went down. Hopefully he will secure the Bears QB position for the rest of the decade.
    Hey, sometimes the truth hurts. When the 2nd best QB in your franchise history is Jim McMahon and your franchise is the oldest in the League... It doesn't take much to see that QBs were never Chicago's forte.

That's why you don't tempt karma, because it is a ******. The football gods certainly haven't been smiling down upon TO this year and you know that.
    Last edited by Moinllieon; 12-21-04 at 08:12 AM.
    春花秋月几时了,
    往事知多少?
    小楼昨夜又东风,
    故国不堪回首明月中.
    雕栏玉砌应犹在,
    只是朱颜改.
    问君能有几多愁,
    恰似一江春水向东流.
    --南唐后主,李煜.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ
    Thanks, ya jerk.

Talking about receivers, maybe they could get Mushin Muhammad. I don't think the Panthers will sign him and he's gonna' be a free agent after this season is over. That would be a big plus for the Chicago Bears or whoever signs him.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian0032
    Yay! I hope that means no superbowl for eagles. Just hoping it does. I hate the eagles.
    Same here, hope there will be no SB for the Eagles or even the Pats. Nice win from the Dolphins last night beating the Pats. Tom Brady played as if he is the worst QB with 4 INTs.
    *A smile is contagious; be a carrier*

cfl whoo eskimos

Peyton Manning broke Dan Marino's TD record.

The Chargers couldn't even stop Peyton Manning. Got him 3rd and long, but still able to get the first down. Chargers were leading all the way up to the 4th qt. and let them score to tie the game and win in OT.

Peyton Manning broke Dan Marino's TD record.

The Chargers couldn't even stop Peyton Manning. Got him 3rd and long, but still able to get the first down. Chargers were leading all the way up to the 4th qt. and let them score to tie the game and win in OT.
    Yeah, that got me mad. I wanted Indiana to lose. Well maybe if they didn't try blitzing him so much in the 4th. It wasn't working the first couple times so why keep on doing it. It was 4th and 4 on that one play and they still blitzed while playining man to man in the cover 2. Should have tried something different. Does anyone know what's up with Rothlisberger. He got a pretty nasty hit at the end of that game. I can't believe Jacksonville choked against the Texans today also.

Well for tomorrow's game I want eagles to beat the rams (in other words play McNabb, please) so Panthers have a better shot at the playoffs and just have to worry about beating New Orleans next week at Charlotte. Chicago lost again also, which I thought the catch was a TD at first and still thought it was, don't know what the hell the refs were thinking.

Manning is a good QB lets just hope he doesn't belong to the league of Marino (great QB but never won the big one)... and join Montana as the elite big game QB who have stats and glory
    Flame on I am gone...

Facebook Is the best thing since ICQ

to the panthers for missing the playoff. unfortunately, I was hoping the bills might make it, but they got beat by the steelers' backup.

to the panthers for missing the playoff. unfortunately, I was hoping the bills might make it, but they got beat by the steelers' backup.

what can I say.... I'm pissed. Oh well guess I gotta' wait 9 more months. I hope eagles don't go to the super bowl btw.

I really wanted the panthers in the playoffs. They should have went for the hail mary instead of going for a field goal.

I hate the rams they should have lost.