Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Olympics

Senorita Liza Wang, Ud es MUY bonita para su edad. Besame.

Default Olympics

It's going to be held in Beijing, China in 2008. Can't wait mates.
    Liza Wang-the only gorgeous woman to make any man (especially me!) swoon with one piecing look. (never underestimate the power of a woman)

Quote Originally Posted by Duke_Darcy View Post
    It's going to be held in Beijing, China in 2008. Can't wait mates.
    i don't know what to expect.. hmmmmm
    力扬力扬,魅力飞扬
    祝力扬 & 栗亲们新年快乐, 万事如意!!~
    力扬加油, 栗子加油,加油,加油!!!!^o^

YAY, Federer WON!!!!~

Quote Originally Posted by ChestNut View Post
    i don't know what to expect.. hmmmmm
    lots of gold medals for china If i'm lucky, you might spot me in the audience

liu xiang is the bomb
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR View Post
    liu xiang is the bomb
    oh yeah!

you should have heard my heart pound when i watched that race. I thought he was going to lose- probably because of camera angle, but then he came home for the win!

did anyone else see him almost trip as he jogged around the stadium?

Quote Originally Posted by 0-0-0 View Post
    lots of gold medals for china If i'm lucky, you might spot me in the audience
    Cool, are you attending it next year? And who is lui xiang?
    Liza Wang-the only gorgeous woman to make any man (especially me!) swoon with one piecing look. (never underestimate the power of a woman)

Everybody's waiting to see if China can pull this off. In terms of PR, this is a sort of make-it-or-break-it scenario for China. Do it well, and global perception will be that China is ready to join the First World. Botch it, and China continues to be perceived as a Second World country for years to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Everybody's waiting to see if China can pull this off. In terms of PR, this is a sort of make-it-or-break-it scenario for China. Do it well, and global perception will be that China is ready to join the First World. Botch it, and China continues to be perceived as a Second World country for years to come.
    True but what is PR?

True but what is PR?
    Public Relations. There was a time when China couldn't give a damn about PR, but now that its global power and influence are rapidly expanding, it can't afford to ignore PR anymore. Image, China is discovering, matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Public Relations. There was a time when China couldn't give a damn about PR, but now that its global power and influence are rapidly expanding, it can't afford to ignore PR anymore. Image, China is discovering, matters.
    Hmm...that's interesting. I didn't know that.

Cool, are you attending it next year? And who is lui xiang?
    i'm definitely going to be there. Hosting in my home town? Not missing it for the world.

and you don't know who Liu Xiang is?

the shock winner of the 110m men's hurdles at Athens- first gold medal in athletics for china and is the current world record holder in the event. He also won at the world championships just recently (around 2 days ago)

I'm expecting alot of Gold medals in China; with an 1.4 billion people there should be no problem finding the best competitors in there. Having some low expectations on the US , man we need more Asians or something[Great Athletes] to pull this one off in order to get some gold medals in the US.
    Check out: http://samthetypist.spaces.live.com/ ; Currently under construction;Check out http://www.soundclick.com/spcnet07 , provided by Sugar.

Quote Originally Posted by mind_wander View Post
    I'm expecting alot of Gold medals in China; with an 1.4 billion people there should be no problem finding the best competitors in there. Having some low expectations on the US , man we need more Asians or something[Great Athletes] to pull this one off in order to get some gold medals in the US.
    sorry, i can't feel any sympathy for you China is the only country i root for, unless China is not in the race/match, then it's individual players or Australia. Oh, i also consider Taiwan, Hong Kong etc. as part of China even if they are considered separate countries.

Quote Originally Posted by mind_wander View Post
    Are you kidding me? Have you ever watched the Olympics in the past? The US almost always pwns everyone in terms of medal count (including gold medal count) at the Summer Olympics! And 1.3 billion people isn't the point - for starters, the US isn't underpopulated like Canada or Australia. And even with that enormous population that makes walking on the streets a 比肩继踵 experience, China has the crappiest soccer team. I REFUSE to watch them play.

But I'm still rooting for China anyway

0-0-0, we finally agreed on a sporting figure (we will ignore a certain athlete's nose)! Liu Xiang is my lover Are you gonna go volunteer or just watch? I'm probably gonna go stalk Liu Xiang or something. After I stalk Michael Phelps. Hahaha.
    I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know? -Ernest Hemingway

Well, I guess after commenting; glad to be able to have both of you agreeing on something. The US has always been strong; what I mean is China has always been training, training, training, and more training; not alot of details about it in the US, until the Olympics 08. Anyways, I'll watch it for the hell of it; but not the entire thing. Awaiting, for more on the ads sections; I want to see what other companies are there, since a high majority of companies investing loads of money in China.
    Check out: http://samthetypist.spaces.live.com/ ; Currently under construction;Check out http://www.soundclick.com/spcnet07 , provided by Sugar.

Quote Originally Posted by 0-0-0 View Post
    oh yeah!

you should have heard my heart pound when i watched that race. I thought he was going to lose- probably because of camera angle, but then he came home for the win!

did anyone else see him almost trip as he jogged around the stadium?
    he was way behind after the start, but in the middle, somehow he somed every1 and ended up winnig with 12.92 lol
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    China has the crappiest soccer team. I REFUSE to watch them play.
    oh god, don't even mention our useless soccer team.

Oh, am I hearing a weakness in the Olympics. Well in the US, soccer is not huge either; other sports besides this is huge.

I'm rooting for Michael Phelps too but sorry mates but I'm cheering for the US. Watch out for the Thorpedo.

Hmm, this is a hard one for me; China or US. I'm both Asian and US; this is so hard, like to see whats on the China's Olympics lineup. If I was Japanese, this one's easy, but no. Ok, I guess going to root for US; can't wait.