Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Did the Tse Hiu Fung/Yin 13 duel engender as much excitement as the SMCS/YGS duel?

Quote Originally Posted by Wu Wudi View Post
    ZWJ was one of the most powerful main characters ever. All the his losses were due to him being too merciful and not to his having inferior ability. JY also made it a point to show that ZWJ learned and mastered every martial arts at ridiculous rates. JY basically had to rely on huge leaps of logic to give ZWJ any challenges because he made him too powerful even before the midpoint of the story.

That fight against the Persians doesn't even make sense at all because JY kept telling the reader that ZWJ's much more powerful. "Weirdness" shouldn't be able to overcome such a large power deficit. Otherwise, a fighter might as well the learn the less powerful but weird arts so that he can kill a powerful opponent in the first fight.

ZWJ's humility shouldn't be confused with JY's humility. If JY's intention was to create someone in his image who was a flawed human being, he did a really poor job, IMO.
    The point remains that Zhang Wuji (due to his lack of experience and lack of desire) would get his *** kicked by other main characters who have equal power as him. And unlike Gu Long, Jin Yong never went around in subsequent novels boasting about what a great hero Zhang Wuji is.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    The point remains that Zhang Wuji (due to his lack of experience and lack of desire) would get his *** kicked by other main characters who have equal power as him. And unlike Gu Long, Jin Yong never went around in subsequent novels boasting about what a great hero Zhang Wuji is.
    I concure as once Laviathan once quoted "Zhang Wuji was a great martial artist but a lousy fighter".
    Yo momma cat

I have no big beef with Gu Long hyping Li up due to his bias for Alcoholics.

I still have not forgiven him for LYING TO HIS READERS about Ye Gucheng's injuries!
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CC View Post
    I have no big beef with Gu Long hyping Li up due to his bias for Alcoholics.

I still have not forgiven him for LYING TO HIS READERS about Ye Gucheng's injuries!
    It is 2016 now and I still have not forgiven him!

It is 2016 now and I still have not forgiven him!
    It is 2021 now and I still have not forgiven him!

It is 2021 now and I still have not forgiven him!
    It is pretty unforgivable. I don't know if any other writer of fiction cheated so egregiously in backtracking on a plot development (maybe in some superhero comics). I've been trying some mental workarounds, such as the guy that Luk Siu Fung visited at the abandoned Buddhist temple being the fake, but even if we accept this, the fake really got into his role as "Yip Goo Sing" by mimicking not only the real Yip's actions (implausible, but possible) when no one was observing, but also Yip's THOUGHTS (impossible).

Another workaround scenario (that Gu Long didn't use) is that the real Yip Goo Sing legit exposed himself to the Tong Family's poison to help throw Luk Siu Fung off his trail, but he always had the antidote handy and simply took the antidote after he felt he had successfully misdirected Luk.