Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Human Cook (ROCH) - was he some kind of cannibal?

Default Human Cook (ROCH) - was he some kind of cannibal?

Among the many weird new friends that Yeung Gor brought to Seung Yeung City to help celebrate Gwok Seung's sixteenth birthday was an especially peculiar fellow whose name has been translated into "Human Cook." What the hell kind of a name is that? Was he really, as his name suggests, some kind of cannibal? Why would Yeung Gor and Gwok Seung make friends with a cannibal?

His martial arts seemed rather formidable; he was able to stop Yeh Lut Chai dead in his tracks without half trying.

Isn't there someone who's nickname or something was about eating people in Legendary Sibblings by Gu Long

Quote Originally Posted by MysteriouX View Post
    Isn't there someone who's nickname or something was about eating people in Legendary Sibblings by Gu Long
    Are you referring to one of the Ten Evils?

Quote Originally Posted by kwekmh View Post
    Are you referring to one of the Ten Evils?
    Yes one of the ten evils, one of them liked cooking human flesh and eating it.

Yes that was Li Dazui....now who's this guy Ken is referring to? It is the eldest Shi Brother who was injured and need to drink the fox blood? I forget his name.....

Quote Originally Posted by KChill View Post
    Yes that was Li Dazui....now who's this guy Ken is referring to? It is the eldest Shi Brother who was injured and need to drink the fox blood? I forget his name.....
    I'm thinking its one of the people who visited GX while her family was holding the Heroe's Meet. One of the people who brought GX exotic and expensive gifts.

I'm thinking its one of the people who visited GX while her family was holding the Heroe's Meet. One of the people who brought GX exotic and expensive gifts.
    I believe it was the Xishan Ghosts who visited Guo Xiang at that time.

Ren Chuzi I think. "Ren" - person, "Chu" - cooking, "Zi" - master. I don't know if his name had those exact words, but the name seems to fit Ken's description.

Quote Originally Posted by pannonian View Post
    Ren Chuzi I think. "Ren" - person, "Chu" - cooking, "Zi" - master. I don't know if his name had those exact words, but the name seems to fit Ken's description.
    That is indeed the man.

Renchuzi - He who was only mentioned ONCE throughout the novel, never made an appearance, surely unnoticed by 99.9% of the readers (but not overlooked by Ken), and the only thing we know about him is that he helped Yang Guo set the Mongolian base camp on fire.

As for the name, very odd name indeed. It literally means Human Chef, but to avoid confusion, we can call him CWIH: Chef Who Is Human -- not to be confused with CWCH: Chef Who Cooks Human.

Thanks for discovering the latest ELOC -- FIRE STARTER Human Chef.
    Last edited by PJ; 09-06-07 at 04:17 PM.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    As for the name, very odd name indeed. It literally means Human Chef, but to avoid confusion, we can call him CWIH: Chef Who Is Human
    That seems kind of redundant, wouldn't you say? Barring cartoons and sci-fi/fantasy stories, are there any chefs/cooks who *aren't* human?

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    That seems kind of redundant, wouldn't you say? Barring cartoons and sci-fi/fantasy stories, are there any chefs/cooks who *aren't* human?
    A monkey from the American sitcom Frasier could cook.

PJ!! How could you of all people, the discover and innovator of the ELOC tradition, overlook the DRAMATIC and TREMENDOUS effect that Human Chef had on the storyline of HSDS and the future history of Chinese martial arts! Ren Chuzi was present at Guo Xiang's birthday party and gifted her with Shaolin's fighting iron arhats at Reverend Wuse's request.

Which Guo Xiang gave to Zhang Junbao later on.

Which Zhang Junbao used to learn a few stances, that he defeated He Zudao with.

Which caused him to get expelled from Shaolin.

Which ended up in him becoming Zhang Sanfeng, founder of Wudang, and inventor of Taijiquan, Taijijian, as well as the Wudang 7-man formation!

His presence and that single act changed the history of post-Song martial arts novels! We can say that he has reached the PEAK OF PERFECTION in bringing world-changing gifts!
    Last edited by Ren Wo Xing; 09-06-07 at 04:39 PM.
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

Actually, it is a revolution in wuxia nicknaming!

Most titles are exaggerations of the person: EIGHT-ARMED SWORDSMAN, KING OF [____], GOD OF [____], LORD OF [____], etc. They all make the person appear mightier than the person really is.

Now contrast that with a nickname such as HUMAN CHEF. Is there anything spectacular about this name? None! It says exactly what he is: he is a chef who is human. Do we know of any other character in wuxia who has reached such profound level of undisguised humility? No! Only HUMAN CHEF presents himself in a manner which described exactly as he is. No exaggerated glorification, no egotistic self-righteousness. HUMAN CHEF is the real deal.

Although it is spectacular that this name contains nothing spectacular, I do think that one who labels himself or herself THE HUMAN CHEF sparks plenty of curiosity. What kind of character conducts nicknaming in such a convention-defying manner? He or she must bear spectacular features.

HUMAN CHEF is one side character who deserves to have his or her own story.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Li Dazui's nickname wasn't spectacular either (although quite funny) - "Bu Chi Ren Tou" or "Will not eat human head", referring to him most likely eating everything but not touching the head. I mean,.... you could call ME "Bu Chi Ren Tou" or virtually anybody else in wulin anyway, but it was implied that he would eat the rest of you.

Perhaps Ren Chuzi cruelly cooked people alive, but not necessarily ate them? It's unlikely, though. Huang Rong mentioned something about them being strange, but not evil, and that if possible Guo Jing would have wanted to invite them to help with Xiangyang, just that they knew that he would not succeed. That probably implies that all of them were pretty decent people. An enlightened monk like Wuse wasn't going to be associated with a cannibalistic beast.

Ian

Actually, it is a revolution in wuxia nicknaming!

Most titles are exaggerations of the person: EIGHT-ARMED SWORDSMAN, KING OF [____], GOD OF [____], LORD OF [____], etc. They all make the person appear mightier than the person really is.

Now contrast that with a nickname such as HUMAN CHEF. Is there anything spectacular about this name? None! It says exactly what he is: he is a chef who is human. Do we know of any other character in wuxia who has reached such profound level of undisguised humility? No! Only HUMAN CHEF presents himself in a manner which described exactly as he is. No exaggerated glorification, no egotistic self-righteousness. HUMAN CHEF is the real deal.

Although it is spectacular that this name contains nothing spectacular, I do think that one who labels himself or herself THE HUMAN CHEF sparks plenty of curiosity. What kind of character conducts nicknaming in such a convention-defying manner? He or she must bear spectacular features.

HUMAN CHEF is one side character who deserves to have his or her own story.

Sword Demon Dugu Qiubai is NOT a DEMON that able to use Sword.
    Beggar Sect Leader is NOT really a beggar that go round begging people.
    Likewise if human cook is call immortal cook does it mean that he cook immortal and eat or he is an immortal... so just title only... like immortal doctor is not a doctor from heaven...

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Wo Xing View Post
    His presence and that single act changed the history of post-Song martial arts novels! We can say that he has reached the PEAK OF PERFECTION in bringing world-changing gifts!
    :lol: So TRUE!
    But am I confusing him with another guy who was reputed to eat people but they explained that he was just holding the corpse of someone he found mutilated and people got scared over that and called him a cannibal? He just kept up the pretense to psych his opponents out. Or was that a different series?

and the only thing we know about him is that he helped Yang Guo set the Mongolian base camp on fire.
    Maybe his name is just a metaphor and he's really a pyromaniac. Don't take it so literally, guys.

he helped Yang Guo set the Mongolian base camp on fire.

Thanks for discovering the latest ELOC -- FIRE STARTER Human Chef.
    I'll say this much for Yeung Gor: the guy threw *rad* parties. I mean who in his right mind WOULDN'T want to go chopping off Mongolian ears and setting military camps on fire?

I wonder if Chow Bak Tung was pissed off at Yeung Gor for not inviting him to this biggest of parties; Chow would have *loved* to have been a part of this one.

I'll say this much for Yeung Gor: the guy threw *rad* parties. I mean who in his right mind WOULDN'T want to go chopping off Mongolian ears and setting military camps on fire?

I wonder if Chow Bak Tung was pissed off at Yeung Gor for not inviting him to this biggest of parties; Chow would have *loved* to have been a part of this one.

He would have loved rushing around setting things on fire. It's right up his alley.