Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what are you allergic to?

Default what are you allergic to?

hope i'm at the right forum..if not, take me to where i belong..

I didnt' know this till i'm an adult that i'm allergic to most grass..cockroach...and CANABIS..what the heck is that?
    ****Love, Live, and watch Asian Series****

Cannabis is marijuana.

Add: try to keep topics academic, instead of just asking questions like what are you allergic to.

Han Solo
    Wuxiapedia

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

Currently in Moss, Silver. Next stop....still Moss, Silver

im allergic to dust, and seafood.

there was this party in a bufet seafood restaurant some four years ago, and i ate like nobody's business. By the time to get back, my eyes were all swollen and i had running nose, couldnt open my eyes all the way back to campus urm i didnt realize i was allergic to seafood until this incident

dust, hmm, i had to pack my things yesterday cuz i already graduated, yay. neways, yeah my eyes got swollen and red, nose running til today, i had to take a nap for half an hour after taking the med before i could continue packing everyone asked my why my eyes were all swollen and red (they thought i was crying ) in the function that we hold last night

and whenever i enter a house in a vist or anything, and should i start sneezing, then i know that home occupants dont sweep the floor much. hahahah busted!

I hate allergies
    Last edited by ghostdarTeal'c; 09-08-07 at 10:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Han Solo View Post
    Add: try to keep topics academic, instead of just asking questions like what are you allergic to.
    I hope my following question is academic.

I am allergic to, er, nature or something. As in I get all kinds of rashes with swamps, forest humidity or something. Is there such an allergy? From what I know, it just doesn't make sense.

If I get rashes only for a certain part of my body (legs, to be specific, lest someone thinks dirty) after exposure to a certain kind of thing, chlorine, I think, is that considered an allergy? Or must the symptoms be kind of widespread (at least cover quite some area) to be considered an allergic reaction?

Quote Originally Posted by Pacifian View Post
    I hope my following question is academic.

I am allergic to, er, nature or something. As in I get all kinds of rashes with swamps, forest humidity or something. Is there such an allergy? From what I know, it just doesn't make sense.

If I get rashes only for a certain part of my body (legs, to be specific, lest someone thinks dirty) after exposure to a certain kind of thing, chlorine, I think, is that considered an allergy? Or must the symptoms be kind of widespread (at least cover quite some area) to be considered an allergic reaction?
    First, there are many kinds of grass and seeds that you may be exposed to that you are allergic to.

The following is a small sample but not exhaustive list.
    http://www.pollenlibrary.com/index.p...county=Forrest

There are many ways that you can test for this- including skin prick testing, RAST testing etc.

Second, the things that you are describing sounds like contact dermatitis- i.e. you only get a rash after a surface exposure.

Han SOlo
    Wuxiapedia

I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

Every Spring it's the fluff from poplar trees. Itchy eyes and a bit of a runny nose.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDEE View Post
    hope i'm at the right forum..if not, take me to where i belong..

I didnt' know this till i'm an adult that i'm allergic to most grass..cockroach...and CANABIS..what the heck is that?
    i'm allergic to dumb people but think they are smart.....

Quote Originally Posted by JamesG View Post
    Every Spring it's the fluff from poplar trees. Itchy eyes and a bit of a runny nose.
    That's just hay fever.
    Wuxiapedia

Troll Control

Quote Originally Posted by Han Solo View Post
    That's just hay fever.
    I'm glad that people no longer plant the fertile version of the Poplar tree so I only have to deal with the wild ones and old ones. There are still many thousands of old fertile Poplars in older areas of Calgary and in some Springs the streets in low traffic residential areas look like they're covered with nearly a foot of fluff. You can imagine how much of that stuff gets into the air when thousands if vehicles drive through it.

Well. I have seasonal allergies, but the symptoms are very mild so it's not so bad. And when I was younger, I used to be allergic to chocolate mint.

i just found out recently.. i'm sort of allergic to beer.. if I take more than 2 cups.. i'll end up with bad rashes..
    力扬力扬,魅力飞扬
    祝力扬 & 栗亲们新年快乐, 万事如意!!~
    力扬加油, 栗子加油,加油,加油!!!!^o^

YAY, Federer WON!!!!~

Quote Originally Posted by ChestNut View Post
    i just found out recently.. i'm sort of allergic to beer.. if I take more than 2 cups.. i'll end up with bad rashes..
    Isn't that what they call the "Asian flush"? Something about most Asians lacking the proper enzyme to digest alcohol.

Is it just beer or all alcohol? I get flushed, dizzy and miss pool shots, but never itchy thank god.

I am allergic to dry air I think, always get itchy in dry weather.
    Last edited by yittz; 09-09-07 at 05:53 AM.
    Member of HYS fanclub -> click here to join group.

Member of TC fanclub.

[QUOTE=yittz;740060]Is it just beer or all alcohol? I get flushed, dizzy and miss pool shots, but never itchy thank god.
    /QUOTE]

Not to worry......you're just getting hammered.

Hmmm, dust and cigarette smoke.

[QUOTE=JamesG;740145]
    Quote Originally Posted by yittz View Post
    Is it just beer or all alcohol? I get flushed, dizzy and miss pool shots, but never itchy thank god.
    /QUOTE]

Not to worry......you're just getting hammered.
    Haha, it's embarrassing with pool, I sink the black before half the balls were cleared.

Apparently, asians aren't more likely to get drunk by alcohol - a common misconception due to our flushing syndrome. We just accumulate the metabolite and feel absolutely crap to deter us from drinking further.
    Member of HYS fanclub -> click here to join group.

Member of TC fanclub.

Fortunately, I'm not allergic to anything.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyKing View Post

umm ok?

really, I didn't know what cannabis reallly is until I found i was allergic to it. that's prettty crazy being allergic to that. thank heaven I was a good kid and didn't try it....that can very dangerous..

My advice to anyone who sneeze alot. Go get an allergy test done. You'll be surprise to find out what you are allergic too.
    ****Love, Live, and watch Asian Series****

Quote Originally Posted by SkyKing View Post
    Hmmm...I wonder how u live w/ yourself?

Has anyone grown out of their allergies? Or developed new ones?

As a child, I was allergic to feathers, wool, and egg-whites. Egg-whites was the worst because I couldn't get most vaccines and many foods have egg-whites in them. Somewhere along the way I lost my allergy to feathers and egg-whites (yay! i don't have to pay $180 for synthetic flu-shots), so now I only have to avoid wool.

CanDEE, my sister also developed an allergy to grass as an adult, mid-twenties I think. That one's pretty nasty since she has to stay inside with the windows closed whenever grass is being cut nearby.
    john-e

Sixty years ago I knew nothing; now I know nothing; education is a progressive discovery of your own ignorance. - Will Durant