Thread: Monk of no Commandment vs. Yue Buqun

Default Monk of no Commandment vs. Yue Buqun

Personally, I think the Monk would win because he could easily subdue The Rapist within fifty moves. However, Tian Boguang sood toe to toe against Yu Canghai for several hundred stances. That proves Tian Boguang is at least on par with Yue Buqun who fought Yu Canghai to a tie in several hundred moves. Also, the Monk was able to contain the internal energies of the Six Fairies which Yue Buqun was unable to do.

In the novel, the impression was given that Bujie's internal energy cultivation was actually above that of YBQ's. However, my personal feeling is that YBQ's level of cultivation in technique was higher than that of Bujie. I think they are roughly the same level.

YBQ didn't "fight Yu Canghai" to a standstill. He just stood around and 'leisurely waved his sword to defend' while Yu Canghai circled and attacked. He demonstrated a clear superiority over YCH.
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

I vaguely remember the Monk stopping Yue's flying sword with a shoe... with 20% power left in him

Yup; however, we don't know how much YBQ used when he sent the sword out. I doubt it was full strength, since he was intending to kill a Tian Boguang who was already half-dead. Also, he did not use the Zixia Shengong when he threw out the sword.

It was YBQ's opinion that he might not necessarily lose to the monk in an actual fight. I think they're about equal. Both are one level about the likes of TBG.

Yue Buqun using his Zi Xia Sheng Gong was unable to surpress the faries' conflicting energies yet Bujie was able to, for a while at least.

It wasn't that he was unable; it was that he would have to exhaust his internal energy, and at a point in time where Huashan was in grave danger, he was afraid to do so.

Madam Yue jumped onto her feet. “That’s right! In order to save Chong’s life, you’ve got to use your own inner energy to dissolve those six energy streams. By the time you are about to succeed, if those six ugly freaks suddenly came, while you would be totally exhausted, they would be at their ease, then they could easily kill all of us.”
    However, I do totally agree that Bujie's internal energy is most likely considerably above YBQ.