Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Jung's-Myers-Brigg's Typology

Haha, INFPs should take over SPCNET

spoofing Audrey Hepburn

"I don't want my INFP thread to be alone (coz I want to know other INFPs out there), I only want my INFP thread to be left alone (and not merged)"

I know many people hate INFPs coz they are such a whining crowd LOL.

Well, read this thread: Hate an INFP? Tell us why!

This is funny:

Quit being so god damn passive aggressive and grow a ball or two. My brother is an INFP and he is so nice to people and lets them trample all over his ***. At work he is always helping everyone out and doing overtime and taking peoples shifts just because he thinks they will hate him if he says **** off.

I bought him the following shirt and had him wear it to work. I think he took it off when I dropped him off, lol.

SHIRT SAYS:

The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) has determined that the maximum safe load capacity on my *** is two persons at one time, unless I install handrails or safety straps. As you have arrived sixth in line to ride my *** today, please take a number and wait your turn.

Be a little more confident, thats all. You have everything else that you need, that makes you wonderful people, and you are wonderful people. It is just people use you and it kills me to see it. Now mind you this is just judging my brother, I could be totally wrong about the general type.

Again, I don't hate your type. You are the nicest type out there, It just kills me inside to see him go through being used, plus he is my little bro and I am fond of kicking *** for him.
    I hate INFP's for being too ****ing crazy. Actually, thats why I love them, and myself
    Here's my take from my INFP best friend and the stuff I read on mbtic:
    On the surface you guys are quiet, unextraordinary, and borderline boring (underneath though, there's a lot of awesomeness... you just don't care to share). You also suck at keeping in touch. You can't make decisions about anything (yeah, I said it... even worse than an enfp). You're also absurdly self-critical, and absurdly sensitive.

Having said that, it's hard to hate you guys. To those who don't know you, you rouse no strong feelings of any sort. Those who know you will likely find you funny, endearing (in an absent-minded clumsy way), deep, and wonderfully sincere/honest.
    Last edited by rosely; 08-20-09 at 11:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cesare View Post
    I switched back, too...
    Introverted (I) 75% ... Extraverted (E) 25%
    Intuitive (N) 64% ... Sensing (S) 36%
    Feeling (F) 85% ... Thinking (T) 15%
    Perceiving (P) 95% ... Judging (J) 5%
    Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    This is mine

Introverted (I) 89% ... Extraverted (E) 11%
    Intuitive (N) 68% ... Sensing (S) 32%
    Feeling (F) 75% ... Thinking (T) 25%
    Perceiving (P) 73% ... Judging (J) 27%
    You guys both INFPs ?, I don't see anything wrong. Well please give proof and tell us your craziness

Lots of people know already that I'm crazy and emotionally unbalance and extremely self-critical, so I can just shut-up myself. It's your turn guys. I mean you Cesare and Kidd.

rosely: OK. As you wish...:-]

I do have that "animistic streak" to my general view of things and it kinda ticks me off that they suggest in the description of INFP children and the "Calvin & Hobbes" syndrome that plushies being alive and trees talking is some sort of "fantasy".

INFPs have the ability to see good in almost anyone or anything. Even for the most unlovable the INFP is wont to have pity.
    Not sure if "anyone" or "anything" applies in my case but I tend to sympathize with those who "don't get any love" (my ROCH preferences being a classical example), though it doesn't apply in each and every case - and I do find certain pleasure in pointing out and temporarily adopting opposing points of view - even when otherwise I do not entirely identify with them.
    But yeah - I've got a soft spot for sinners. I try not to be too absurd about it, though. I see very little good in the likes of Jeffrey Dahmer, for example (though - to be fair to Jeff - his fish were reportedly very well fed and taken care for ).

a natural inclination toward absent-mindedness and other-worldliness
    Um... Yeah.

When it comes to the mundane details of life maintenance, INFPs are typically completely unaware of such things. They might go for long periods without noticing a stain on the carpet, but carefully and meticulously brush a speck of dust off of their project booklet.
    Yes, that sounds very much like me.

INFPs do not like conflict, and go to great lengths to avoid it. ... On the other hand, INFPs make very good mediators...
    Mediator is the role I often assume, but I'm afraid I suck at it. And yes, I dislike conflict.

As young adults, INFPs may have some difficulty finding the ideal career and the ideal mate, in part because of that very word 'ideal'. They have a vision in mind of what they want, yet reality may not follow suit. They may make several starts and stops in their career until they find a comfortable place for themselves.
    Yes. That's precisely the stage I find myself in right now...

Sorry - too lazy to continue with this now - and it's long enough already, anyway.
    别想把黑暗放在我的面前
    太阳已经生长在我心底
    不再有封闭的畏惧
    奔腾的灵魂飞上天际
    太阳 我在这里

I was an INFP too but the latest one i took was INTP.

Han Solo
    Wuxiapedia

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

Quote Originally Posted by Cesare View Post
    rosely: OK. As you wish...:-]

I do have that "animistic streak" to my general view of things and it kinda ticks me off that they suggest in the description of INFP children and the "Calvin & Hobbes" syndrome that plushies being alive and trees talking is some sort of "fantasy".

Not sure if "anyone" or "anything" applies in my case but I tend to sympathize with those who "don't get any love" (my ROCH preferences being a classical example), though it doesn't apply in each and every case - and I do find certain pleasure in pointing out and temporarily adopting opposing points of view - even when otherwise I do not entirely identify with them.
    But yeah - I've got a soft spot for sinners. I try not to be too absurd about it, though. I see very little good in the likes of Jeffrey Dahmer, for example (though - to be fair to Jeff - his fish were reportedly very well fed and taken care for ).

Um... Yeah.

Yes, that sounds very much like me.

Mediator is the role I often assume, but I'm afraid I suck at it. And yes, I dislike conflict.

Yes. That's precisely the stage I find myself in right now...

Sorry - too lazy to continue with this now - and it's long enough already, anyway.
    Well, you're a healthy INFP, that is good. Life should be ok with you.

Haha, long writing is what define us as an INFP. Because generally we have a problem when conveying our emotion to others by talking (well that's me, I just forgot everything to say especially to someone I fond of). However when we wrote, we just write in too detail, too honest and too long

To not irritate people with the lengthness of my posts, I put the remainder of my post in a spoiler tag, am I considerate or what

click to show/hide spoilers
    Well, absent-minded and clumsiness is what make an INFP endearing. I lost stuff or forgetting things everyday. That is because our head doesn't want to stop thinking about things, continuously analysing lots of things at the same time, well that is also me.

Yesterday, I'm getting crazy and restless because my friend doesn't reply my text for more than 12 hours. She reply around midnight and tell me that she is asleep for the whole afternoon till midnight.

You see not everything that is wrong is our fault, the problem is for INFP, there are extremely self-critical and thinks that everything that happen is all because of them. Well, that is me too. If there is a text-book example of a crazy INFP then, I'm the main contender

You like to help people, well in that department that is what I also do. I even offer help without people asking for it, money etc. INFP sacrifice themselves to make other people happy. They get satisfaction when seeing happy face of others. For them, money is just money, they just doesn't really care about it and never asking anything or something in return. An INFP is a spoiler, it's good to have an INFP BF, trust me. The bad things is there are just a sorry-arse, emotionally unstable and reactive and extremely touchy .

Anyway it doesn't bother me anyway, with all this problem, coz I know now what is the cause. Uncontrolled emotion and extremely sensitive. As an INFP we just need to be relax and learn to do self-calming and think of good/happy taught.

See, as what I've said. I can just write on and on, till morning LOL.
    Last edited by rosely; 08-21-09 at 10:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rosely View Post
    You guys both INFPs ?, I don't see anything wrong. Well please give proof and tell us your craziness
    Because there's nothing wrong with INFP. Every personality type has it's own idiosyncracies.

Sorry rosely. I don't feel comfortable writing lengthy discussion about myself in a public forum (I guess it's the 'I' taking effect ). But, I do tend to write in details when I communicate one on one with someone. So, my emails can be quite lengthy.

Interesting forum topic : ISFP/INFP differences?
    Last edited by kidd; 08-21-09 at 10:29 AM.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

took this personality test a long time go and was an INTJ

recently saw this thread and took the test again and still the same result.

n yeah i do dislike writing lengthy post, does that really have anything to do with the 'I'? lol.
    Last edited by s182t; 08-20-09 at 10:55 PM.

It appears that I am really a ESFP (Extraversion, Sensing, Feeling, Perception) for now. The similar 72Qs Myers-Briggs "quiz" in Facebook which I took gave me the same result as this JMB typology.

For ESFP:-

You are outgoing, friendly, and accepting. You are an exuberant lover of life, people, and material comforts. You enjoy working with others to make things happen. You bring common sense and a realistic approach to your work, and make work fun. You are flexible and spontaneous, and adapt readily to new people and environments. You learn best by trying a new skill with other people.

Side note: IMO, I may not be that super outgoing, but when there's a party, I'll be there! I can cope with time alone too. The thing I may suggest is, you may find opportunities to know new people (be it for networking or just friends) when you're willing to open up. That's what I do.
    Last edited by remember_Cedric; 08-20-09 at 10:56 PM.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

Quote Originally Posted by s182t View Post

n yeah i do dislike writing lengthy post, does that really have anything to do with the 'I'? lol.
    If you are refering to my post, the important point is not writing lengthy post, but writing lengthy post about myself in public forum. That's the 'I' influence since I = introverted. Just my guess.
    Last edited by kidd; 08-20-09 at 11:11 PM.

See if it accurately describe you guys.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by remember_Cedric View Post
    It appears that I am really a ESFP (Extraversion, Sensing, Feeling, Perception) for now. The similar 72Qs Myers-Briggs "quiz" in Facebook which I took gave me the same result as this JMB typology.
    ESFP

Surprise, surprise! I've got ISTP (Introversion, Sensing, Thinking, Perception) after retaking the test ....and it's like 10 days after (ESFP was 10 days ago)!

You are tolerant and flexible, a quiet observer until a problem appears, then act quickly to find workable solutions. You analyze what makes things work and readily get through large amounts of data to isolate the core of practical problems. You are interested in cause and effect, organize facts using logical principles, and value efficiency.

The thing is, I'm a combination of both yet nothing close to being intuitive. I find bits and pieces of me in the definition of ISTP and ESFP. The quiet observer is definitely right!
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

Found this test in facebook. Pretty fun.

Your Dungeons and Dragons MBTI Type

I got this:

Ranger/Wizard (NTP)

Ranger (ENTP) More cunning than any monster in the forest is the ranger, a skilled hunter and stalker who knows the woods as if they were his own home (as indeed they are). A ranger often accepts the role of protector, aiding those who live in or travel through the woods. His skills allow him to survive in the wilderness, to find his prey, and to avoid detection.

Wizard (INTP) A few unintelligible words and fleeting gestures carry more power than a battleaxe, when they are the words and gestures of a wizard. These simple acts make magic seem easy, but they only hint at the time the wizard spends poring over her spellbooks preparing each spell for casting, and the years before that spent in apprenticeship to learn the arts of magic. For a wizard, magic is not a talent, but a difficult, rewarding art.

See if it accurately describe you guys.

ESFP
    Thanks for the infor, Kidd, that seems about right! I'd say, this is a better definition for ESFP than the one in FB.

You don't like intellectual arguments - Yupp! Yupp! Too lazy to keep up with one. It bores me.

I guess I was lazy to think through the questions that day but still, I thought the definition was rather correct... and

For those who are (also) The Crafter™....

Your Type is
    ISTP (Introverted Sensing Thinking Perceiving)
    Strength of the preferences %

11 12 1 67

Qualitative analysis of your type formula

You are:

slightly expressed introvert

slightly expressed sensing personality

slightly expressed thinking personality (I'm lazy with thinking)

distinctively expressed perceiving personality
    Last edited by remember_Cedric; 08-21-09 at 12:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by remember_Cedric View Post
    Thanks for the infor, Kidd, that seems about right! I'd say, this is a better definition for ESFP than the one in FB.

You don't like intellectual arguments - Yupp! Yupp! Too lazy to keep up with one. It bores me.
    I like the definition the author put at the end for each personality.

ISTJ : "I Save Things Judiciouslyl"
    ISFJ : "I Serve Family Joyfully"
    INFJ : "Inner Nuances Fosters Journeys"
    INTJ : "It's Not Thoroughly Justified"
    ISTP : "I See The Problem"
    ISFP : "I Seek Fun & Pleasure"
    INFP : "I Never Find Perfection"
    INTP : "It's Not Theoretically Possible"
    ESTP : "Everyone Seems Too Proper"
    ESFP : "Extra Special Friendly Person"
    ENFP : "Every day, New Fantastic Possibilities"
    ENTP : "Each New Thought Propels"
    ESTJ : "Execution Saves The Job"
    ESFJ : "Extra Special Friendly Joiner"
    ENFJ : ?
    ENTJ : "Executives Need Tough Jobs"

According to Aunty Haley, I'm "Execution Saves The Job" !! The 2nd paragraph caught my tail! How true!

http://www.haleonline.com/psychtest/pwdtest/

Rosely will love his forum. The whole forum is about INFPs.

http://infp.globalchatter.com/messageboard/index.php

Hey, you are not alone. In the past, I had taken the test, still the same. There are a few among us, don't be felt left in the dark. In this world, it is wide and vast. We are all over the globe from UK to China, Africa, Brazil, US[West, Central, East], many more places near you.
    Check out: http://samthetypist.spaces.live.com/ ; Currently under construction;Check out http://www.soundclick.com/spcnet07 , provided by Sugar.

Because there's nothing wrong with INFP. Every personality types has it's own idiosyncracies.

Sorry rosely. I don't feel comfortable writing lengthy discussion about myself in a public forum (I guess it's the 'I' taking effect ). But, I do tend to write in details when I communicate one on one with someone. So, my emails can be quite lengthy.

Interesting forum topic : ISFP/INFP differences?
    Long post, click to read!
    click to show/hide spoilers
    Wow, you're so lucky, I guess you're borderline INFP. But me, I'm at the end of the INFP spectrum. I don't have to do the test again and again because I know who I am now. When I read all those things that those INFPs said out there, well I got most of it. I'm too passive aggressive, extremely idealistic with my view on life and self critical.

Anyway, I read somewhere that the Internet help the INFP to convey what they feel because for all this time they were most of the time staying in their imaginary/fantasy world in their comfort zone. Now with the help of anonymity on the Internet, the INFP can express their feeling easily because they're just not that very good to talk one on one with people. I don't see any problem if you say things here, coz nobody know you personally in real life, well, maybe one or two .

You know this last few days, when I said everything that is wrong in me in the forum, it really make my head feels lighter, well it's like you're seeing a shrink for free LOL

Rosely will love his forum. The whole forum is about INFPs.

http://infp.globalchatter.com/messageboard/index.php
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by rosely View Post
    Wow, you're so lucky, I guess you're borderline INFP. But me, I'm at the end of the INFP spectrum.
    I'm lucky? In what way? Just because I said there's nothing wrong with INFP? It's just how you choose to see things. Why must you see yourself as wrong? Why must you see the characteristics that define INFP as wrong? I believe all personality types have their strength and weakness. Why is INFP more special or more wrong or more weird?

Even the INFP hate thread you posted has someone saying that mature INFP is a lot of fun, very creative and imaginative.

The way to be happy is to accept who you are and love yourself for who you are. Yes, I know talk is easy. I can't achieve that myself either but I'm trying.

I guess it's good to have something like INFP unite. It makes you feel comforted knowing that there are others like you, that you are not the only one that have all these 'wrongness'.
    Last edited by kidd; 08-21-09 at 11:09 AM.