Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Andy Lau Finances BROTHERS of a Crime Family

Default Andy Lau Finances BROTHERS of a Crime Family

This is from AsianFanatics Forum

[quote name='Charlene Lau Cho Yee' date='Jun 2 2007 2 02 AM' post='3977983']
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img476.imageshack.us/img476/5328/1180602849134460441284frk3.jpg')
    Source
    credits to :: AWCVT00401 from Andy's Official Forum
    According to the Chinese press, Xiong Di (literal: "Brothers"), a new Hong Kong gang thriller based on an idea came out by Andy Lau, will go into production with over US$260 million from Lau’s pocket. The story centers around two brothers, sons of a powerful crime boss. The younger brother (Eason Chan) was sent abroad when he was just a little kid and the older brother (Miu Kiu-wai) stayed with their father and an adopted brother (Felix Wong), because a fortuneteller prophesied that the brothers would turn against each other someday. Years later, after the death of their father, the younger brother returns to Hong Kong and finds out the older brother, the chosen successor, wants to retire and hand the power to him. He refuses because he hates what his family has been doing. Meanwhile the leader of another gang (Ken Tong) seized the opportunity and starts setting the brothers up. Andy Lau will play a cop investigating the crime family and young mainland Chinese actress will be the female lead.
    Back in the 1980s, Andy Lau, Miu Kiu-wai, Felix Wong, Ken Tong and Leung Chiu-Wai were five young rising stars of Hong Kong’s TVB, called “The Five Tigers of TVB”. Later all of them except Leung quit TVB. Cast of the movie got all “Tigers” except Leung. The press has speculated that it was because Leung’s friendship with the other four went cold. Director Chiu Sun-Kee (Love Trilogy, Frugal Game, Time 4 Hope) said they had never considered Leung as a must-have and he was too expensive anyway. Shooting will start soon in Thailand.
    I don't think the number is right $US 260 Millions is too high. However, I think this would be a great movie because four tigers is in it. It would be better if Tony is included. I hope Felix gets a good role in this movie. I hope him continue making more movies and become more famous in the movie industry after this. He is the best among the five tigers.....
    Last edited by PeterBanh; 06-09-07 at 03:47 AM.
    http://www.cohongmusic.com/ProductImages/movie/dvd/tvbi/huongthanhlangtu.jpg
    The Golden Five Tigers of the 80s are the best wuxia artists ever!

I hope Tony Leung is part of this. It just doesn't seem as good without him.

Yeah Tony is by far the best actor out of them all.

Quote Originally Posted by 0-0-0 View Post
    I hope Tony Leung is part of this. It just doesn't seem as good without him.
    No, he won't be. Read the article =p
    That, and Tony Leung would be very much extremely pricey to be hired.

Currently in Moss, Silver. Next stop....still Moss, Silver

Quote Originally Posted by PeterBanh View Post
    I don't think the number is right $US 260 Millions is too high.
    26 mill is more like it....US$260mill is even higher than the budget for Star Wars Phantom Menace
    Last edited by ghostdarTeal'c; 06-09-07 at 11:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by arachidonic View Post
    No, he won't be. Read the article =p
    That, and Tony Leung would be very much extremely pricey to be hired.
    What happened to their relationship? Man, that's sad. Anyone know what went wrong with Tony and the rest of the Tigers?
    My obsessions: Joy Division, New Order, Bones, The Office.

Do bears bear? Do bees bee?

Currently in Moss, Silver. Next stop....still Moss, Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck21 View Post
    Anyone know what went wrong with Tony and the rest of the Tigers?
    somebody told me that they all agreed to leave TVB together, but later Tony stayed anyway....

Didn't Felix stay too? And isn't Michael back in the game now?
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    Didn't Felix stay too? And isn't Michael back in the game now?
    Yes, Felix stayed too and Michael also had some more series with TVB later on like "The Dragon Sword" . The problem is Tony was the first person that break the promise that they all agree on at first. Because of that, Tony became TVB favorite and gave him all the good roles for his later series. Other tigers felt betrayed by Tony. To make the matter worst, The five tigers has meeting every year and all of them show up except Tony. To be fair, Tony is quite busy with his movies so it is understandable but Andy is just as busy and he always show up. I think Andy value about friendship more than Tony..... just my thought

Quote Originally Posted by Jeneshii View Post
    Yeah Tony is by far the best actor out of them all.
    That's not true. I think all of them are good actors.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

I agree. All of them are great. They are by far better than the current tv actors....

They are all pretty good but I think Andy Lau is overrated. He's good but not a superb actor nor singer. Tony leung is actually an exceptional actor.

Yes, Felix stayed too and Michael also had some more series with TVB later on like "The Dragon Sword" . The problem is Tony was the first person that break the promise that they all agree on at first. Because of that, Tony became TVB favorite and gave him all the good roles for his later series. Other tigers felt betrayed by Tony. To make the matter worst, The five tigers has meeting every year and all of them show up except Tony. To be fair, Tony is quite busy with his movies so it is understandable but Andy is just as busy and he always show up. I think Andy value about friendship more than Tony..... just my thought
    I find this sad . I love the Five Tigers and although I knew that they were not best friends, I thought that they'd at least had good friendly relationships between all of them. This sucks.

I find this sad . I love the Five Tigers and although I knew that they were not best friends, I thought that they'd at least had good friendly relationships between all of them. This sucks.
    I think their friendship are good except Tony. Except Tony, the other four tigers are quite close, they and other artists opened and invested in an acting school in Beijing.

I think their friendship are good except Tony. Except Tony, the other four tigers are quite close, they and other artists opened and invested in an acting school in Beijing.
    That's the thing, I find it sad that not five of them are good friends, but only four. Tony is one of my favourite Hong Kong actors since his TVB days. Oh well, I still can't wait to see the Four Tigers next project. I miss Miu and Wong Tong a lot. I haven't seen them for quite some time.

Here is an article about them from AsianFanatics

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.asianpopcorn.com/HongKong/andylau_tonyleung.jpg')
    The Five Tigers will reunite for a movie, minus Tony Leung Chiu Wai (Liang Chaowei). Andy Lau (Liu Dehua), 45, Felix Wong (Huang Rihua), 45, Miu Kiu Wai (Miao Qiaowei), 48, Ken Tong (Tang Zhenye), 48, and Leung, 44, go way back to their days as TVB stations top actors in the 1980s.
    Now Lau is planning a new triad film 'Brothers' or 'Xiong Di' in which he will star, along with all his old buddies except Leung.
    Singer Eason Chan (Chen Yixun), 32, who is not one of the Tigers, will co-star in the HK$20mil (RM10mil) movie that will be filmed in Bangkok and Hong Kong, starting the end of this month.
    The report said Leung caused a rift in 1985 when he backed out of the Tigers agreement to turn down TVBs offer of new five-year contracts.
    While the others left the station, he became TVBs No.1 leading man, at the cost of his friendship with them.
    He is also a loner. Although he appeared to be forgiven when he was included in the groups 1991 reunion movie, The Tigers, he has seldom been known to socialize with the others.
    Back in their TVB days, Lau and Leung were a popular pairing in the 1984 hit, The Duke of Mount Deer.
    But after both made the jump to the big screen, they hardly appeared in the same movie until Media Asia boss Peter Lam got them to headline 2002 thriller Infernal Affairs.
    Still, at Laus 100th concert at the Hong Kong Coliseum in 2004, while Wong, Miu and Tong showed up with presents, Leung was nowhere to be seen.
    Director Derek Chiu confirmed that Leung had not been considered for the new film.
    “There are many reasons. Money is a problem. If you get Tony, you have to spend more money,” said Chiu.
    Leung, one of Hong Kongs highest-paid actors, is getting a reported US$1.5mil (RM5.17mil) to star in historical epic Battle of Red Cliff.
    Source: Ecentral
    Credits:http://www.asianpopcorn.com/default.asp?Display=659

Hopefully the film will be successful with much originality though the summary already sounds like some modification of "The Godfather".
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

That's the thing, I find it sad that not five of them are good friends, but only four. Tony is one of my favourite Hong Kong actors since his TVB days. Oh well, I still can't wait to see the Four Tigers next project. I miss Miu and Wong Tong a lot. I haven't seen them for quite some time.
    Me too miss Wong, Miu, and Tong a lot. I actually like them more than Andy and Tony. I don't think they still blame Tony about what he did over 20 years ago even though what he did was wrong, but because Tony didn't show up in any of their annual meeting or invitation. But then again, Tony was and still very busy with his carreer. Even if Tony accepts a role in this movie, his fee is high so it is not affordable...

Me too miss Wong, Miu, and Tong a lot. I actually like them more than Andy and Tony. I don't think they still blame Tony about what he did over 20 years ago even though what he did was wrong, but because Tony didn't show up in any of their annual meeting or invitation. But then again, Tony was and still very busy with his carreer. Even if Tony accepts a role in this movie, his fee is high so it is not affordable...
    Although I like all of the Five Tigers, I like Andy Lau the least as an actor, but I used to really like Tony Leung. To be honest, this news about the rift kind of lessens Tony's imagine to my eyes. I'll try to forget about this detail in the future because I still like him as an actor. Andy Lau on the hand seems to be a really nice guy. I can't wait for this upcoming movie even if it sounds like just another typical gangster movie.

How can you even believe everything the media says in the first place?

Anyway, Tony Leung came back to save John Woo's face after Chow Yun Fat left Red Cliff so he must value friendship in some shape or form.