Thread: A step into the past - 寻秦记 - by Huang Yi

I hope XSL is not back to political struggle again with Buwei and gang. Looking forward for something fresh...

Thanks for the update Jean you make my Friday more enjoyable !!

Quote-
    "What followed after, is of course what everyone knows will happen."<<<<
    Last edited by crydee; 07-29-11 at 05:09 AM.

thanks a lot .........

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    I think Huan Yi and Fan Wuji are different people.

I'm not sure if it should be Huan Yi or Huan Qi, my text version put his name as 桓奇 (Huan Qi), so either it's another typo, or the author based this character on the real Huan Yi.
    For a moment I got so excited seeing Lady Jean appear. Haiz, I will be patiently waiting to see how SXL enjoy the fruit of his victory.
    lawwoo
    Bonus. A new day.

Third, ,,, podium finish

Thanks a lot jean

Damn,,, just checked , was late by a few seconds, stupid net connection
    Last edited by tu22m3f1; 07-29-11 at 05:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lawwoo View Post
    For a moment I got so excited seeing Lady Jean appear. Haiz, I will be patiently waiting to see how SXL enjoy the fruit of his victory.
    Opps. Should have used my 1 more click. Thanks Jean. Good ending to my Friday.
    lawwoo
    Bonus. A new day.

I think Huan Yi and Fan Wuji are different people.

I'm not sure if it should be Huan Yi or Huan Qi, my text version put his name as 桓奇 (Huan Qi), so either it's another typo, or the author based this character on the real Huan Yi.
    A modern historian named Yang Kuan, author of the Warring States Histories (戰國史) claims that Huan Qi and Fan Wuji are the same person.
    Last edited by Feuersturm; 07-29-11 at 11:23 AM.
    曹操曰:宁教我负天下人,休教天下人负我!

just got back from work.. and found a fresh update!!
    thanks to the Lady Jean.. more than i expected for a happy weekend
    ..... after battle in the fields, politics next??

Ji Yanran nodded her head silently when Zhao Zhi plaster herself behind him from the back and said with emotion, “Xiang-lang! We missed you so badly!”

Learned Lady Ji who was in front of him blushed immediately as she gave him a coy look.

What followed after, is of course what everyone knows will happen.
    Someday.. I swear, this thing will happened to me

Happy weekend, Jean. Thank you for the nice update!!

thanks for another update Jean

Quote Originally Posted by balikpapan View Post

WAHAHAhAhahahhAhAhAhAh. Dude, seriously........ you crack me up

COMPUTER SAIS NOOOO!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ly3Ew3wQ4PA
    Ali Derhamy

to Aliderhamy
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MI6L...eature=related

I accidently posted the wrong clip last time

Sorry about the double post... its 5 am

Forgiveness please

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-x7f...eature=related

couldent help my self... good movie this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZSv4...eature=related

This is my New Zealand ... tribute

go the all blacks in the rugby world cup
    Last edited by aliderhamy; 08-01-11 at 02:57 PM.
    Ali Derhamy

update....

When Xiang Shaolong and the rest were disembarking at the jetty outside Xianyang, the musicians started playing a welcome tune. Xiao Pan, Lord Changping and the other court officials have already been waiting a long time on shore.

On the way back to the Palace, the people filled the streets, cheering and letting off fireworks. Lanterns and banners were hung up in every household and the atmosphere was lively, filled with the Qin people’s gratitude and enthusiasm.

The Crown Prince and Xiang Shaolong’s name was constantly being chanted.

Under Xiao Pan’s lead, all of them went to the temple first to offer their prayers to the ancestors and late rulers of the Qin royal family and at the same time mourn for the warriors who perished in the war. After that, it was announced that a state feast will be held that night where the three armies will be given their rewards.

After that, Xiao Pan had a meeting with Xiang Shaolong at the inner court and with them were Xiao Pan’s three other trusted aides, Wang Ling, Li Si and Lord Changping.

By this time, Xiao Pan is 19 years old in name, but in actual fact he is 21 years old. He’s already an adult.

Although he is half a head shorter than Xiang Shaolong, but compared to the average person he is already considered well built. Besides, he has wide brows and a solid back, full of self confidence, his eyes deep with unfathomable knowledge. The power and influence that is befitting a ruler can indeed convince one to put down their lives for him.

He was just sitting casually but his imposing aura is enough to make one have the urge to rush forward and throw themselves at his feet.

After everyone congratulated Xiang Shaolong, Xiao Pan said happily, “So do you prefer me to address you as Grand Tutor or Commander General?”

Everyone roared in laughter.

Xiang Shaolong replied with a laugh, “I think Grand Tutor still sounds much better.”

Xiao Pan shook his head and sighed, “Victorious but not proud. I’m afraid Grand Tutor is the only person like this in Great Qin. Grand Tutor’s battle have solidified Great Qin’s foundation to unify the world and have helped me regained my reputation greatly. Now no one will dare to talk behind my back and said that I’ve been treating Grand Tutor too well.”

Lord Changping smiled, “Lu Buwei has long been making a fuss over his Highness’s treatment of Han Chuang but his Highness just replied that ‘there’s no such thing’ and it’s enough to hold off Lu Buwei’s arguments. If anyone asks about it in future, Shaolong can use the same famous words as an answer.”

A warm feeling welled up in Xiang Shaolong’s heart.

Xiao Pan said, “This is just a small matter. Even if Han Chuang is released, how capable is he of doing anything substantial. This goes to show that Grand Tutor is not a heartless person like that Lu Buwei. But if you do manage to capture Li Mu in future, Grand Tutor must never release him.”

Once Xiang Shaolong thought of the possibility that he will meet the most respected and most fearsome Li Mu on the battlefield, his heart sank.

Wang Ling understands his feelings and said with a smile, “But for now such a situation will not arise. Right now Li Mu is moving his troops to attack Qi. Not only has he fought back the Qi troops who were trying to make use of the opportunity to take over the Zhao people’s land, he has also taken down Rao’an which belongs to Qi which gave his King some relief. Li Mu is indeed formidable. As long as this person remains, he will become our greatest obstacle in moving easy.”

Li Si said, “This time Shaolong has executed his prowess. Even is Sun Wu is resurrected, he won’t be able to win this battle as swiftly and beautifully.”

After Xiang Shaolong expressed some humility, he had a thought and said, “Now that your Highness’s power and influence has grown so greatly, it’s time to summon Wang Jian back.”

Lord Changping said, “That is indeed his Highness’s intention, that’s why he is planning to send the two brothers Meng Wu and Meng Tian to Wei for war. Once they have the experience, they can take over Wang Jian. But if we act rashly on this matter, this important position which will hold great power over the border soldiers may end up in the hands of Lu Buwei and Lao Ai’s men.”

Xiao Pan lowered his voice, “Meng Ao is very seriously ill now. When I visited him some days ago, he was full of praise for Grand Tutor so it seems that he is indeed sorry.”

Xiang Shaolong told them about how Meng Ao had asked him to take care of the Meng brothers.

Xiao Pan got excited, “Once the Dowager returns, I want to appoint Grand Tutor as Marquis. No matter what, Grand Tutor’s position cannot be any lower than Lu Buwei.”

Xiang Shaolong saw that there are others around and it’s inconvenient to raise his objections so he just accepted without much enthusiasm.

In another three years Xiao Pan will be crowned as King. His only hope is that before that day arrives, if he need not to face Li Mu on the battlefield, this is enough to thank the Heavens.

Xiang Shaolong saw that there’s another 6 hours before the state feast begins and after he managed to extricate himself, he went back to the Wu residence.

Welcome back Jean!....Dum di dum di dum di dum

Dang it, you '1000 chicken finger click' crydee

Thank you, Lady jean. The long waited update is like a drop of honey.

And, I am willing to sacrifice several posters here, if it means more frequent update. The likes of crydee, alydharmy, kohchun, tweety666, and yongbifan are disposable (at your request).
    Last edited by balikpapan; 08-03-11 at 02:00 AM.

Dear Lady Jean. Thank you and welcome back.
    lawwoo
    Bonus. A new day.

Thanks, Lady Jean...

Thanks Jean for the update ^^.

BTW why don`t we let Balikpapan be the 1st sacrifice to test if the sacrifice will get us more update?
    Last edited by deepbleu; 08-03-11 at 02:22 AM.
    "Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is Mystery.
    Today is a gift... That`s why we called it Present."

yes indeed...thanks so much "lady jean"

ooohhhhh.. balikpapan almost made numero UNO!!!
    and yes you can always be last with a lot of updates coming---

update~~

His welcoming neighbors filled the outside of the Wu residence and as soon as he stepped through the main door, firecrackers were lighted in the square and the whole atmosphere was celebratory.

Wu Yingyuan lead the family our personally to welcome him. He rushed forward to grab Xiang Shaolong’s hands and said with emotion, “Our Wu family has finally come out with a famous general whose reputation will shake the earth, I’m so happy that I don’t know what to say.”

Xiang Bao’er covered his ears and ran into his arms.

After that Wu Tingfang and the Tian sisters also rushed towards him with tears and smiles.

Xiang Shaolong pacified them and hugging his wives and beloved son, went into the house. They first paid respects to the Wu family ancestors, showered and changed before going back to the main hall again to receive the congratulatory wishes from their clansmen.

Ji Yanran, Zhao Zhi, Shan Lan, Lu Dan’er and the rest all changed into exquisite gowns to come out and play hosts to friends and family.

Teng Yi, Huan, Zhao Da and the rest have all returned and this added to the atmosphere of joy in the air.

Zhou Liang made great contributions thanks to the Eagle King so now his status in the Wu family is vastly different. The Eagle King also became the main focus of attention, even more than Xiang Shaolong as the children all gathered around it, pointing and expressing their admiration.

Wu Tingfang clung herself to Xiang Shaolong and behaved coquettishly. Although this pretty wife of his is more than 20 years old, but her looks and behavior is still as lively as when they just met when she was a young girl.

Xiang Shaolong found a chance to discuss with Teng Yi, “I plan to suggest to his Highness that I want to resign from the position of Cavalry Commander, so 2nd Brother will have to take care of them in future.”

Teng Yi replied with a laugh, “Third Brother should know very well that I am not interested in a career at all. In my opinion, why don’t we let Xiao Jun take over, with Wu Guo and Zhao Da supporting him. We can try to promote two more people at the same time.”

Xiang Shaolong replied, “Then make it Zhou Liang and Wu Yan! The other guards can be rearranged to join the cavalry, they need not follow us back to the farm and live a boring life.”

Teng Yi nodded his head in agreement and thus the matter was settled.

By this time Wu Yingyuan had walked over and pulled both of them aside to say, “I just came back from the borders last month. Your sworn brother Wang Jian is indeed a brave general with both wits and courage that even the Xiongnus are not his match at all.”

He paused and added, “The Xiongnus have always been running roughshod at the northern borders. Their men, women, old and young are all good at horse riding and archery, vicious and brave. They come and go like the wind and can take hardship. How would they to expect that they’ll first be defeated by Li Mu and after that suffer another defeat under your fourth brother. Wu Zhuo is now building a mountainous city around Lake Baikal and the nearby tribes who had often suffered under the Xiongnus have now come forward to seek protection. It’s best if we can send a thousand of our family warriors over to strengthen our hold, then we can have more confidence to expand.”

Xiang and Teng kept on nodding their agreement and both looked extremely eager about the idea.

Only when one is in his own country and home can one really feel the freedom and happiness.

That night at the Palace, Xiao Pan hosted the celebratory feast and all the citizens in the city were given food and wine.

To Xiao Pan, Xiang Shaolong’s victory in battle felt like his own victory in battle so he was especially satisfied and happy.

Naturally Xiang Shaolong became the focus of the feast as wine cups keep getting topped up. Halfway through the feast he was already so dead drunk that he didn’t even know how he managed to leave the place. When he woke up the next day, he realized he was sleeping on the future Emperor Qin’s dragon bed. It turned out it was Xiao Pan who insisted on giving him such treatment.

Ji Yanran and the rest all stayed in the Palace as well, waiting for him to wake up.

When Xiao Pan returned, he had lunch with Xiang Shaolong at the rest and it feels like a close family enjoying bonding time together.

Xiang Shaolong brought up the suggestion of letting Jing Jun become the Cavalry Commander with Wu Guo, Zhou Liang and Zhao Da as the Deputy Commander and Xiao Pan agreed immediately, saying with a smile, “It’s just a mere Cavalry Commander position, and really should not be under Commander General’s portfolio as well.”

Xiang Shaolong again took the chance to bring up the issue of him returning to the farm to spend some relaxing time. Although Xiao Pan was not very willing, he still agreed.