Thread: A step into the past - 寻秦记 - by Huang Yi

Thank to all the translators. It's been a long journey

Thanks to all the translators! This really is an epic novel

My thanks too to all the translators!

Thank you ... thank you ... for all translators of this massive book .... especially you Justin ... You put the closure for this great story ....

Bravo Justin and other translators for our little drop of honey. What an exciting and wonderous reading. THANKS

Thank you for all your hard work, Justin. And a big thank you to all the translators who'd work on this.

It's a pity that China have a ban on time-travel. It would have been neat for this story to break off into an alternate timeline and see Xiang Yu beat Liu Bang to take over China.

Thanks everyone who translated this.
    How did I keep my place as number 6 stalker when I have been traveling for 2 days.

Quote Originally Posted by szfong View Post
    Justin, will you still be making an attempt at translating Li Si complicated report to Yingzhen requesting him to retract his anti-foreigner policies?

Thanks so very much for finishing this very long piece of work....
    Yes Yes... coming later this evening... I'm still doing research now...

Guys, i'm currently converting this asitp translation into pdf version which i'll share with u guys later. I plan to put your avatars (both translators and race-participated stalkers) in this version if it is ok with u guys. If there is no response from u guys in the next 24 hours, i'll assume ok
    Thanks guys

thanks to all translator for this great story..
    without work hard all of you ,it s won't happen
    thank you once again..

Quote Originally Posted by Jaran.Saga View Post
    Guys, i'm currently converting this asitp translation into pdf version which i'll share with u guys later. I plan to put your avatars (both translators and race-participated stalkers) in this version if it is ok with u guys. If there is no response from u guys in the next 24 hours, i'll assume ok
    Thanks guys
    I have the whole translation copied and edited into one MS Word file ... it takes 7 yrs to assemble

You can have it if you want, u just have to show me how to attach the file here ... I am a newbie here.

Thank you to all the translators for this massive work of love. Your nights and days spent poring over the text and dictionary are very much appreciated. From those of us who struggle with reading Chinese, a big high five and a beer of mug to you!
    Last edited by peterchang; 09-28-13 at 04:10 AM.

BTW justin after finishing this long translation.. do you plan to translate new series???

thank you justin for all your translation and other translator for translating this novel now it's complete and i'ts been a long long way i become a stalker (^_^)

Thank you very much for continuing and finishing the story Justin. Thanks to Justin, Jean, and all the other translators who have made it possible for Chinese illiterate people to read this great novel.

Thanks to J & J and all the other translators for the tremendous effort. Appreciate the last drive where new entries posted during weekends, birthdays, and illness. Wow, hope you get out of the house and enjoy the "borderlands". The side contests also contributed to making this thread one of the most interesting and popular translations in spcnet.

I think the author played a joke to insinuate that Xiang Shaolong was responsible for producing two legendary figures in Chinese history. Hard to believe his name gets erased from the records especially after Qin Shihuang's reign. Still, the last surprise creates a fitting ending.

Li Si’s report:

When subordinate heard that the Court of Qin has decided to implement anti-foreigner policies, I felt that this move in inappropriate! In the past, Duke Lao was seeking talent. From the west, he recruited You Yu from Rong; east, Baili Xi from Wan; welcomed Jian Shu from Song; and embraced Pei Bao and Gongsun Zi from Jing. None of these five men are originally from Qin but with their support, Duke Lao was able to occupy more than twenty States, forming the Kingdom of West Rong.

Using the laws of Shang Yang, Duke Xiao reformed local customs and manners, causing the population to greatly flourish and the country to grow rich and powerful. The population rejoiced, and the feudal lords were subjugated. Obtaining experts from Wei and Chu, they gained sway over thousands of miles of land, and to this day their governance was strong.

King Hui used the stratagems of Zhang Yi and seized the three river plains areas. In the west, he consolidated the states of Ba and Shu. In the north, he governed Shangjun, while in the south he took over Hanzhong. He embraced the nine barbarian tribes, and regulated Yan and Shao. He seized the dangerous passes to the east, which were easy to guard and made them hard to attack, cutting off the fertile land. He dispersed the alliance of the Six Eastern Powers, and made the west solely dominated by Qin. His accomplishments persisted to this very day.

Enlisting the help of Fan Wei, King Zao promoted him to the position of Marquis Xiang and disposed of Hua Yang, thereby strengthening the court administration and weed out corruption. By eradicating the feudal lords, King Zao is able to consolidate his authority.

The success of these four kings is undeniably linked to their reliance on foreign talents.

Regardless of perspective, these foreign advisors did not disappoint!

If the opposite had happened, for example, the four kings condemned these foreigners to lowly positions and did not exploit their capabilities, Qin will not stand to gain from their expertise and can never be as strong as today.

Additionally, this policy is not carefully researched and there is no distinction between truth and fiction. There is no basis to discriminate between citizens and non-citizens of Qin. Ultimately, the emphasis should be on genuine talent and not nationality. Thus, this policy is flawed.

thx justin

Quote Originally Posted by CFT View Post
    Author didn't want to bother with writing those details. The interaction is implied in XSL exchange with FF.
    Dear readers...

Now that the story is completely complete...

I have a confession...

CFT is right...

If you go back to page 283 and look at post 5650...

It is not translated...

It is authored...

By yours truly...

I was really HIGH (not drugs... this is Singapore)

and somewhat captured the writing style of Huang Yi...

Having a burst of creativity that day...

Plus a bit of cheekiness

And it just came out...

Looking back...

I could not believe...

I actually wrote it...

It fitted so well...

I'm amazed.

Furthermore,

If you read it carefully,

There's some really good life lessons

Which I wrote unconsciously.

Lastly,

I'd be honoured...

If Kohchun...

Would keep it in the unabridged thread...

Despite being trolled by me.

Argh - the spirit of XSL (or one of his wives?) took over?