Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Are you falling off from the Korean " HALLYU" ( WAVE)?

Quote Originally Posted by bella25 View Post
    Was that earlier than Goong? Anyway, the guy was big and had big crooked teeth. I don't like crooked teeth. And more importantly, the two episodes that I watched were the same love triangle story we get all the time but some are better than others. This was not.

Really I thought one female character was like Goong, big hearted unsophisticated, poor, untalented, big eyes, thick lips. All there.
    the main guy. i thought he looked fine.. the two guys were hot.. espcially Hwanhee

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    Only two episodes? Dear me, you didn't give it a chance. I dare you, I challenge you to watch the entire drama, and still hold the same opinion or have it changed.
    Lol 2 episodes is a lot of chances I have given it....and the beginning was so illogical and didn't make sense that I have no interest to continue it...so I forfeit the challenge =P You win and you can say it's a great series.

Like why would the guy even be interested in her....and I find her annoying as well. There are unrealistic dramas that serve as entertainment, but unfortunately this isn't one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by tuoimongmo2007 View Post
    the main guy. i thought he looked fine.. the two guys were hot.. espcially Hwanhee
    You do? I only watched 2 episodes, so can't say much.Hwanhee (Rex?) is much better looking.

Quote Originally Posted by yearning View Post
    Lol 2 episodes is a lot of chances I have given it....and the beginning was so illogical and didn't make sense that I have no interest to continue it...so I forfeit the challenge =P You win and you can say it's a great series.

Like why would the guy even be interested in her....and I find her annoying as well. There are unrealistic dramas that serve as entertainment, but unfortunately this isn't one of them.
    You're talking about the Sam Soon show? Me too. So many people like it and I thought I'd give it another shot. A thirty (almost) year old crying in public loudly because her guy broke off with her. It was so not cute. I could'nt even go pass that episode this time round.

I am far from falling off, although I must admit that I have become more choosy on what korean drama to watch. I research the plot, performers as well as their performances and also comments from those who have already watched the series. And, yes I do watch Taiwanese and Japanese series in between. There are excellent korean drama series released this year, but there are also those so and so. So, to keep me from watching the so and so series, I research first and read reviews if available.

Quote Originally Posted by Richelle View Post
    I am far from falling off, although I must admit that I have become more choosy on what korean drama to watch. I research the plot, performers as well as their performances and also comments from those who have already watched the series. And, yes I do watch Taiwanese and Japanese series in between. There are excellent korean drama series released this year, but there are also those so and so. So, to keep me from watching the so and so series, I research first and read reviews if available.
    i guess you are right Richelle, I'm not falling off yet but just a little pickier also. I've try some Taiwaness and Japanese series but My korean dramas surpassed them.

What series are you researching on right now? what do you recommend for me? thanks.
    ****Love, Live, and watch Asian Series****

Quote Originally Posted by CanDEE View Post
    i guess you are right Richelle, I'm not falling off yet but just a little pickier also. I've try some Taiwaness and Japanese series but My korean dramas surpassed them.

What series are you researching on right now? what do you recommend for me? thanks.
    Some of the Taiwanese and Japanese series I've tried were good ones also. But it takes a lot of effort on my part before deciding to go for it. I have to know the plot or storyline.

The series Rude Woman was released two years ago, but it was only recently that I got to know its storyline. So, I've just finished watching it and I did enjoy it. Well, it is an another May-December affair, but the twist and the treatment was really good. Another one is Bad Couple series, you try it and am sure you"re gonna enjoy it. Both have satisfying endings. I am not saying that they have excellent plots, but all I can say is that they're different from the rest.

I haven't watched any Korean drama since Coffee Prince kinda threw me off the wave but I'm still on it though.

I really don't have the time to focus on k-dramas or not in the mood for it atm, but I think when I do continue, I'd start with The Devil or Time of Dogs and Wolves; which I think the storyline/plot will be different from the usual formulaic ones.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Yeah, I'm kind of like that towards kdrama. I will still watch a good korean movie every now and then. The last one I saw was 'Three Masters' I read the review and thought it was kind of funny. But if I'm going to sit and watch a drama, it'd take me awhile to get back into. I'm just not in the mood for it either.

so I am not the only one feeling this way...it used to be watching k drama non stop bcos it was so exciting that I couldn't stop BUT NOW, I can watch 1 disc and stopped for months!

I hope to see Song Hye Go again in another tv series, so with Kim Tae Hee, Seu Sung Heun (don't know if I spell it right). I also miss Eugene, Lee Byun Hung and Ryu Si Won... They're times that I just rewatch their series, if I don't feel watching some of the new ones now. I feel that because of the hallyu wave, a lot of koreans became instant stars, and producers are constraint to produce series with so so plot just to accommodate their new stars. In fairness, some of their new stars really stands out because of their good looks, but a lot of them are deficient in their acting abilities.

ARe you falling off from the Korean " HALLYU" ( WAVE)?

I'm feeling down because I feel as though i'm starting to " fall out" from the Korean Wave " Hallyu"..I love korean Drama/Tv Series with a passion for the past 2 years and it's really sad that i'm having these feelings. It seems to me lately the series are getting too boring, lame, and the actors and actresses arent attractive anymore. Well, after watching Coffee Prince and 9 out 2 Ends, there are no really good series with good-looking actors anymore.

Am I alone on this? Are you feeling the same?

Golden Bride seems to be the only series worth watching for me right now.

Help keep me on with the wave by recommending me to some really good NEW series that are airing right now.

I dont think Im falling off the wave just yet because there's just something about Kdramas that get you right in the gut. The plots are always similar but there's always magic that sustains these series. Anyways, I'm waiting for a really good one to come out soon because I'm in the mood to watch something light and funny that will make me feel good, with actors that I am familiar with. I find that most of the new ones are topbilled by mostly new actors. That's okay, I guess but I look for at least one face that I know before I go off to buy one. For the meantime, Im on a Taiwanese series kick because Im soo hooked on Ming Dao and Joe Chen. After I finish with my backlog, I hope something good from the Kdrama side crops up....

haha, i made the last post some time ago and now I think I'm the one who's falling off the Hallyu wave because there doesnt seem to be anything as good as before right now. Nothing in the likes of Lovers in Paris, Stairway to heaven, Winter Sonata, Full House , Sam Soon, Princess Hours or Chun Hyang... hmmm ... so im concentrating on Taiwan dramas for the meantime until something better comes along...

Quote Originally Posted by anggemb View Post
    haha, i made the last post some time ago and now I think I'm the one who's falling off the Hallyu wave because there doesnt seem to be anything as good as before right now. Nothing in the likes of Lovers in Paris, Stairway to heaven, Winter Sonata, Full House , Sam Soon, Princess Hours or Chun Hyang... hmmm ... so im concentrating on Taiwan dramas for the meantime until something better comes along...

wow, amazingly, I'm doing the same thing..getting very involved with Taiwanese idol drama....kinda like it now..( yes, i'm in love with Joe cheng too..)

I hope to find a really good Kdrama soon but don't know where to start ..

Default Korean-japenese-HongKong-Taiwan.... the never ending cycle of drama watching!

Yeah, I'm like the rest of you... or so it seems. I fell off the wave a while back, I think Coffee Prince was the last one I watched with excitement.I remember I can't even be bothered to watch 9 in 2 out, even though it got some great reviews!

Since then, I've done Japanese drama for a while, then Hong Kong and now back onto Taiwanese idol drama (she says shamefully..). Can't seem to get enough of 'Fated to Love You' at the moment as it's pretty good.

However, I think I'll be going back to Korean as Iljimae, Chil Woo and (especially) Kin Sun Ah's upcoming series seem quite good. So I get 'll getting back onto the wave and doing it all again.

Gee. . .what's new about the hallyu? Well, there's this girl. . .who is well courted by these two guys. . .and you see. . . someone's going to get a disease and die. . .oh heck...they all die. . .
    [ 空蕩的街景 想找個人放感情 做這種決定 是寂寞與我為鄰...我們的愛情 像你路過的風景 一直在進行 腳步卻從來不會為我而停...給你的愛一直很安靜 來交換你偶爾給的關心 明明是三個人的電影 我卻始終不能有姓名...你說愛像雲 要自在飄浮才美麗 我終於相信 分手的理由有時候很動聽...給你的愛一直很安靜 來交換你偶爾給的關心 明明是三個人的電影 我卻始終不能有姓名... 一直很安靜 ]

CANDEE,you're in love with joe cheng too huh? I just finished the 2 ISWAKs and Jap version and I must say I still have Joe Cheng hangover as well... the Jap guy who played the lead in ISWAK was really cute so I liked him as well...

MOLEITAU, I started watching 9 innnings but Ididn't get to finish it because I got involved in another series, lol.. but the first partwas not bad though...

RESIDENT:ALIEN, lol,I must admit that most Hallyu series have a similar plot, but not all the lead characters die in the end... why don't you try some of their comedies? there are some good ones out there....

Japanese version of ISwak?? wha't the title? I want to see the guy and see if he's as hot as joe cheng...

currently im addcited to FATED to LOVE YOU..it's good.

Also, i'm starting on THE LAsT SCANDAL of My life--korean drama and so far, it's pretty cool.

Japanese version of ISwak?? wha't the title? I want to see the guy and see if he's as hot as joe cheng...

currently im addcited to FATED to LOVE YOU..it's good.

Also, i'm starting on THE LAsT SCANDAL of My life--korean drama and so far, it's pretty cool.
    The Japanese ISWAK is entitles Itazura Na Kiss. It wasn't bad at all... but it was a bit on the short side, like most Jdoramas. I think you will enjoy Nodame Cantabille too. I just finished seeing it and it was really good. I finished mine less than a day, it was that good. I don't think Taiwan should so a remake because the Jap version was already good. hahaha! Is it that obvious that I liked it?

lol I know what you mean. I haven't watched a k-drama in a while.... -_-

I remember the last I watched was...coffee prince...and Ididn't like it very much...

I'm currently seeking ...desperately...for something good to watch...

Since I have sidetracked from TVB I started catching up with the upcoming ones...like forensic heroes...and I also like j-drama and t-drama...

Currently, ^^ fated to love you seems good...a bit draggy at parts...but overall decent...

I hope to be able to keep an eye on k-drama so maybe i'll be able to catch one i like...maybe lol..
    I might not look smart under the eyes of a genius, but rather intelligent in front of an idiot's perspective. Then, what are you, an idiot or a genius?