Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What your educational status?

Quote Originally Posted by dgfds01 View Post
    I don't know about now, but 6-7 years ago we did dissect frogs. That was fun... though I think some people were more interested in discussing whether they taste nicer steamed or cooked with dried chili.
    Typical Malaysian! (includes me, btw)
    Seriously, though, I wouldn't eat any animal I killed, if I can help it.
    It's OK if it's already dead, e.g. chicken that is sold killed/cleaned in the market, but if I have to kill it, pluck it, cook it, and then eat it, I'll pass.
    Jin Yong's Ode to Gallantry [侠客行].
    Quote Originally Posted by atlantean0208
    what about SPT, I need my SPT fix ASAP, pretty pleaseeeee...
    Soon ... SOON!

I'll eat it..why not? When you go fishing, isn't that what you do? Kill it by starving it of oxygen and then cooking it up? But I suppose you don't fish, Oh Wise One =P

Quote Originally Posted by dgfds01 View Post
    I don't know about now, but 6-7 years ago we did dissect frogs. That was fun... though I think some people were more interested in discussing whether they taste nicer steamed or cooked with dried chili.
    Same here. During my upper secondary school years, we also dissected frogs and rats and bees. But no cow eyes or lamb hearts.

Quote Originally Posted by HuangYushi View Post
    Malaysia!
    But I don't think they do that in schools anymore.
    I've never heard my school-going nephews and nieces mention it at all.
    But those days, I liked science lessons for the experiments, but not the mugging that followed.
    They don't do that anymore? What are they doing nowadays in biology experiment class then?
    Last edited by kidd; 10-18-07 at 09:56 PM.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Quote Originally Posted by yearning View Post
    I'll eat it..why not? When you go fishing, isn't that what you do? Kill it by starving it of oxygen and then cooking it up? But I suppose you don't fish, Oh Wise One =P
    Fishes I catch, I let go. I prefer not to eat anything that I've seen alive.
    Member of HYS fanclub -> click here to join group.

Member of TC fanclub.

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    Same here. During my upper secondary school years, we also dissected frogs and rats and bees. But no cow eyes or lamb hearts.

They don't do that anymore? What are they doing nowadays in biology experiment class then?
    In bio class, we did ecology field trips/experiments - like bugs and sunlight, drawing trees etc, look at onion skin under microscope. Most of it is theory - evolution, microbiology, molecular biology, genetics, plant ecology, animal ecology. So tame compared to taken bloods and urine.

Member of TC fanclub.

Quote Originally Posted by yearning View Post
    I do fish, but I catch only puny specimens that are better off returned to the water.
    And if I had to kill a fish, I'd just take it out of the water and let it die.
    Then, I'll still eat it.
    The only fish I won't eat are edible specimens that have been kept as pets for a long time. Can't eat a pet, can you?
    Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    No idea. Must ask my nephews and nieces the next time I see them.
    Last edited by HuangYushi; 10-18-07 at 10:48 PM.
    Jin Yong's Ode to Gallantry [侠客行].
    Quote Originally Posted by atlantean0208
    what about SPT, I need my SPT fix ASAP, pretty pleaseeeee...
    Soon ... SOON!

I do fish, but I catch only puny specimens that are better off returned to the water.
    And if I had to kill a fish, I'd just take it out of the water and let it die.
    Then, I'll still eat it.
    The only fish I won't eat are edible specimens that have been kept as pets for a long time. Can't eat a pet, can you?

No idea. Must ask my nephews and nieces the next time I see them.
    I would, please read Animal Farm. There is no inequalities with animals. This will shock people, but I ate a dog once that my aunt dissected from med school when I was in China. It tasted good!

I don't like animal inequality. Why, a cow is less cute than a dog? Where do you think your beef and pork comes from? Just because you guys haven't seen it doesn't mean it wasn't very well and alive before.

P.S. I only had pet fish once, and they died of ick..white spot disease. So I don't think I would like to contamiante my own body by eating it, but if it was some other fish, why not? If I got bored of it.

For some people it's not about equality - it's about comfort. Dog fits a 'social societal role' as a man's best friend.

All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others

Member of TC fanclub.

Best friend, my **. What about bulldogs that attack kids and mutalize their faces so badly that they are traumatized for long periods of time? I don't like all the attention that dogs/cats get....so spoiled. Feeding ice cream and dressing them up, pff...

And only in the Western society. People in China feed leftovers to their dogs (well before, now I suppose they're copying Western traditions).

Chickens are my best friend because they taste the best.

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR View Post
    but i dont want to build bridges for the rest of my life

u don't have to build bridges...that's a civil structural engineer...

you can do residential land development instead..

Really , i think you should design aircrafts instead..Mechanical design engineer with CATIA--
    ****Love, Live, and watch Asian Series****

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Ying Ying View Post
    build bridges!

gosh, we don't need any more bridges to collapse!

software engineers are still engineers. the IT's boom was already declining before 9/11 because a lot of those people worked in contract for the Y2K bug. a lot of the people who worked at the IT barely had degrees or just took a few programming classes to get the job. then, there was the depression and people got cut. but, if you had a solid degree & experience, you could still get a decent position

i know..oops...yeah software engineeer are still engineers..MY bad....

Don't get me wrong Software engineers make good money and it's a damm good career but i'm was sharing my expereince during that time with recruiting..

Quote Originally Posted by CanDEE View Post
    u don't have to build bridges...that's a civil structural engineer...

you can do residential land development instead..

Really , i think you should design aircrafts instead..Mechanical design engineer with CATIA--
    lol im 1 of the dumbest in my class. the air craft i design will probably die in 2 days im looking for an easy job
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

lol im 1 of the dumbest in my class. the air craft i design will probably die in 2 days im looking for an easy job

i got the perfect job for you...

Domestic Engineer---find yourself a sugar mommy...

Quote Originally Posted by CanDEE View Post
    i got the perfect job for you...

Domestic Engineer---find yourself a sugar mommy...
    what is that

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Ying Ying View Post
    software engineers are still engineers. the IT's boom was already declining before 9/11 because a lot of those people worked in contract for the Y2K bug. a lot of the people who worked at the IT barely had degrees or just took a few programming classes to get the job. then, there was the depression and people got cut. but, if you had a solid degree & experience, you could still get a decent position
    Yes, there's certainly been a culling of the herd during those years. The software engineering market has been pretty good these last two years though. The company I work for hired about 20 developers in the last 2 years or so. In fact we still have a couple of open positions. This is even more surprising given that we only have 60 people overall, and we're not a technology company.

It seems that while there's a large number of entry level candidates out there, there seems to be a dearth of people with 5+ years of solid experience.
    HK47: Now do you understand the travails of my existence master? Surely it does not compare to your existence but still...
    You: I survive somehow
    HK47: As do I. It is our lot in life I suppose master. Shall we find something to kill to cheer ourselves up?

-KotOR

what do u do candee?

Typical Malaysian! (includes me, btw)
    Seriously, though, I wouldn't eat any animal I killed, if I can help it.
    It's OK if it's already dead, e.g. chicken that is sold killed/cleaned in the market, but if I have to kill it, pluck it, cook it, and then eat it, I'll pass.
    Same for me. If I had to do the slaughtering, I might become a vegetarian.

Quote Originally Posted by yearning
    I don't fish.

I don't like animal inequality. Why, a cow is less cute than a dog? Where do you think your beef and pork comes from? Just because you guys haven't seen it doesn't mean it wasn't very well and alive before.
    It's just personal preference I suppose. And yes, to me a dog is cuter than a cow. But rabbits are cute too and I won't say no to eating them.

I think it's more to do with what you're conditioned to think food is. Snakes aren't cute but when I see them, I don't think food. Same applies for dogs, cats, monkeys etc. Whereas when I see chickens, pigs, cows, deer and rabbits, I do think food. Though I'd rather not kill the creature myself. Illogical? I guess so. Then again, it's what you've been brought up with and are used to.

Generally, I don't oppose people eating what they want even if I won't do so myself. Unless it's an endangered animal or it's happening in a particularly cruel way.

I did the bull's eye and lamb's heart thingy in school at 14. It was fun trying to see who could take the lens (which felt like very stiff gel or konyaku jelly) out of the eye intact enough for the next experiment. And it was even more fun sticking fingers into the arteries/valves/ventricles of the heart just to follow the flow of the blood through the organ. My teacher was glad no one threw up in class!
    I remember those experiments, yeah, i followed through the arteries as well. I swear our heart was rotting because there weren't four chambers but a mass of ... heart, i guess. The eye was really hard to cut. We completely broke ours and ended up with a hole by the side and then all the jelly stuff dripped out and we accidentally cut the lens in half because we didn't know it was the lens

Needless to say, i did not continue on with biology in high school although i did take physics and chemistry, where we got to explode things and play with dry ice

what do u do candee?

I want to be a domestic engineer but i'm not that lucky..

I'm a recruiter...

Lunar..just get a mechanical engineer degree..

lol im 1 of the dumbest in my class.
    Bwahahaha a sugar mummy is basically a really mature lady who has heaps and heaps of cash. So when she dies or u divorce her, ull get heaps of $$$
    Therefore... no need to work.

im still looking for mine
    ~ I'm so awesome.. the greatest ever after Kobe!! ~
    ~ aka Mini T-mac here ~