Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How was Lady Yeung so well-informed about the events in wulin?

Default How was Lady Yeung so well-informed about the events in wulin?

For a recluse, Lady Yeung (the Ancient Tomb Sect acolyte who might have been a direct descendant of Yeung Gor) seemed to be very well-informed about current events in wulin. She knew what was going on with Chan Yau Leung in the Beggar's Union, and she even knew that his teacher and boss was Sing Kwun (a secret certainly not known to many in HSDS). She also knew of Cheung Mo Gei and Tse Tsun's involvement in the entire affair. For someone who was supposedly a recluse, her intel was awfully good. Did she have spies working for her?

maybe she is not in recluse. she may be travelling around, but one does not see her. moreover, she has a few assistants to gather info for her. she is secretive and informed probably.

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej
    maybe she is not in recluse. she may be travelling around, but one does not see her. moreover, she has a few assistants to gather info for her. she is secretive and informed probably.
    She knew things that *nobody* (except for Sing Kwun himself) was supposed to know. Given her uncanny ability, maybe President Bush should have sent Lady Yeung to find Saddam's weapons of mass destruction.

Her spies were the wives of those leaders in wulin. Notice how her followers were all chicks, no blokes, and when the wife of the Beggar Clan leader was in danger, she came to Lady Yang's for help. How did she know about the Ancient Tomb? She must be a member, that's the only possible explanation.

Female spies = win.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

she probably got brother condor's son to go scouting around for her. he is skinner than brother condor and has developed the ability of flight, so he just flys around and sees everything with his all seeing eye

Quote Originally Posted by Candide
    Female spies = win.
    Seems like a tautology that has held up throughout history and fictional literature. Needs to be looked into more.

On the flip side of this whole notion of her being so well informed is "why did she sit idlely by while all this misunderstanding and trouble was going on?"
    春花秋月几时了,
    往事知多少?
    小楼昨夜又东风,
    故国不堪回首明月中.
    雕栏玉砌应犹在,
    只是朱颜改.
    问君能有几多愁,
    恰似一江春水向东流.
    --南唐后主,李煜.

Quote Originally Posted by Moinllieon
    On the flip side of this whole notion of her being so well informed is "why did she sit idlely by while all this misunderstanding and trouble was going on?"
    It takes time to organize an orchestra.
    I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.

Well, her ancestry does have a reputation for holding themselves aloof from the world's problems.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyT
    It takes time to organize an orchestra.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    Well, her ancestry does have a reputation for holding themselves aloof from the world's problems.
    Both good points, but don't you get the notion that she keeps an orchestra handy just for these interventions? I mean, check out how coordinated they were.
    春花秋月几时了,
    往事知多少?
    小楼昨夜又东风,
    故国不堪回首明月中.
    雕栏玉砌应犹在,
    只是朱颜改.
    问君能有几多愁,
    恰似一江春水向东流.
    --南唐后主,李煜.

Her spies were the wives of those leaders in wulin. Notice how her followers were all chicks, no blokes, and when the wife of the Beggar Clan leader was in danger, she came to Lady Yang's for help. How did she know about the Ancient Tomb? She must be a member, that's the only possible explanation.

Female spies = win.
    Kind of makes it sound like Lady Yeung was the Oprah Winfrey of the wuxia world.

Then again, something about that entire Ancient Tomb Sect seemed vaguely Oprah-ish.

I heard she was able hold Cheung Mo Gei, a martial arts prodigy at bay with just one move at his berserk stage. How can a recluse from the Ancient Tomb Sect got so powerful?

Both good points, but don't you get the notion that she keeps an orchestra handy just for these interventions? I mean, check out how coordinated they were.
    Hmmm...you are correct. They were very coordinated. Uhm, maybe because they had to stop every so often to pick more flowers to pave the way for Lady Yeung to walk.

Lady Yeung was definitely ahead of her times. She already mastered the concept of "dramatic late entrance."
    I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.

She was the deus ex machina.

Quote Originally Posted by Radken
    I heard she was able hold Cheung Mo Gei, a martial arts prodigy at bay with just one move at his berserk stage. How can a recluse from the Ancient Tomb Sect got so powerful?
    Well most of the damage was done with her orchestra before she made that move. Powerful shi-tty music she had. Just kidding, she made no such move. ZWJ could probably spank her and the whole orchestra single-handedly

Lady Yeung was definitely ahead of her times. She already mastered the concept of "dramatic late entrance."
    Yep you are correct. It's also amazing how she could leave so quickly afterwards!

And Ken, what's up with the Oprah analogy? Or do you mean the Ancient Tomb women piss you off as much as Oprah?

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

And Ken, what's up with the Oprah analogy? Or do you mean the Ancient Tomb women piss you off as much as Oprah?
    Well, yeah. Like Oprah, the Ancient Tomb Sect folks are all touchy-feely sensitive, and blame their problems on men.

*Ken gets ready to be killed by feminists.*

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

ever since the mongolians won, the condor couple's desendents have been waiting for the oppourtunity to help overthrow the invaders and restore their nation, if they did nothing but hide in their tomb and turned into ice cubes , they wouldn'd be able to accomplise their goals. you can compare her to chen jialuo and heaven and earth society, they wanted to overthrow qing and restore ming but it wasn't easy. they gathered information and built up troops and waited for the right time, what lady yang was probably doing. she helped out ZWJ because she was resonsible for seeing the manuals inside the dragon saber and heaven sword fell into the hands of someone who would overthrow the mongolians and that was what ming sect was doing and she helped out the begger sect because of their bonds. she probably was keeping an eye on the martial world till they were ready to fight and that requires infomation, remember, information is power.
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/

they gathered information and built up troops and waited for the right time, what lady yang was probably doing.
    100% correct. By the way, for your information, in the Ancient Tomb dictionary, the "right time" means when everybody you need to save has been killed.

I wonder if YG and XLN applied this concept as well when Xiang Yang fell...

100% correct. By the way, for your information, in the Ancient Tomb dictionary, the "right time" means when everybody you need to save has been killed.

I wonder if YG and XLN applied this concept as well when Xiang Yang fell...
    It's called "delayed gratification", Cand. Yeung Gor and Little Dragon Girl had to wait sixteen years for their Happily Ever After, so they figured it'd be fair to make everyone else wait to be saved from the Mongols.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    Well, yeah. Like Oprah, the Ancient Tomb Sect folks are all touchy-feely sensitive, and blame their problems on men.

*Ken gets ready to be killed by feminists.*
    Hmm ... getting a little close to no-no territory ... Ken are you referring to the fact that Oprah was sexually molested as a child? I guess it coincides with what happened to Little Dragon Girl ... =X

i think jin yong juss created her as a character to get zhang wu ji out of trouble in that 1 scene, i dont think he expected any of us to analyze this character because of the little information given
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!