Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which instrument is most romantic to you?

Default Which instrument is most romantic to you?

Violin for the win...all the way.

I don't get the whole hype about piano and romanticism...it's "okay", but not as soulful and tragic-sounding as the violin.

Humm, violin can play really beautiful tunes.

I don't enjoy doing vocal so I'd prefer an instrument such as the English flute.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

i like the violin as well. it puts you right to sleep at night if you're tired.

Nylon Guitar to me sounds the dearest.

Cello comes a close second.
    After Hours - Velvet Underground

Umm...Acoustic Guitar is the most romantic instrument for me. It can play slow romantic songs as well as upbeat and fast romantic songs. I mean the Spanish guitar songs are pretty nice. Korean dramas besides the violin also include guitar songs that sound quite beautiful. Piano just has to be on the list.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by yearning View Post
    Violin for the win...all the way.
    Maybe if I didn't play violin, it would rank first on my list. However, I think I've listened to myself play too many times so for me the violin has lost some of its original appeal I think an instrument becomes much more romantic when we don't know how to play it...I don't know how to describe it. I'm thinking of something along the lines of "exotic," but I can't find the exact word.

Also, whenever I go to work with or listen to beginners play violin, it's, um, quite harsh on the ears. Violin is one of those instruments where your ability level greatly affects the sound!

With that said, I think the cello is the most romantic. I personally think strings in general are the most expressive, and thus the most romantic. I prefer the cello's mellow sound compared to the lacklustre sound I seem to achieve when I go past 7th position on the violin, but again, I'll admit I'm biased because I've been forced to listen to myself play
    I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know? -Ernest Hemingway

Piano
    Violin
    Saxophone
    Flute

when a girl play/blow (w/e the verb is) a flute
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    Maybe if I didn't play violin, it would rank first on my list. However, I think I've listened to myself play too many times so for me the violin has lost some of its original appeal I think an instrument becomes much more romantic when we don't know how to play it...I don't know how to describe it. I'm thinking of something along the lines of "exotic," but I can't find the exact word.

Also, whenever I go to work with or listen to beginners play violin, it's, um, quite harsh on the ears. Violin is one of those instruments where your ability level greatly affects the sound!

With that said, I think the cello is the most romantic. I personally think strings in general are the most expressive, and thus the most romantic. I prefer the cello's mellow sound compared to the lacklustre sound I seem to achieve when I go past 7th position on the violin, but again, I'll admit I'm biased because I've been forced to listen to myself play
    I agree...probably why I don't think the piano is romantic. Wow Sparky-O you are quite the music prodigy, performer's piano and violin..anymore instruments up your sleeves? I'm so jealous..I want to learn violin BADLY. But no time or money boo.

Well I think in terms of who's playing ..guys playing violin are more sexier to me, but I've heard that guys like girls who play piano, cello, or flute. Some think guitar-playing guys are hot, but I prefer electric over acoustic =P

Cello and harp.

I would pick violin, but I went to a performing arts high school and all the violin majors had weird 'spots' on their necks from practising so much and it really killed the romantic notion for me.

'Goo jung' (the Chinese instrument - the 'table harp' that the princesses/noble daughters play in ancient Chinese series and movies) is pretty romantic too.
    *-._.-*-._.-* carpe diem *-._.-*-._.-*
    www.the-exalted-rambles.blogspot.com

Senorita Liza Wang, Ud es MUY bonita para su edad. Besame.

acoustic guitar for me too. I play it...any of you ladies want to hear? lol. I play the piano too.
    Liza Wang-the only gorgeous woman to make any man (especially me!) swoon with one piecing look. (never underestimate the power of a woman)

Quote Originally Posted by Duke_Darcy View Post
    acoustic guitar for me too. I play it...any of you ladies want to hear? lol. I play the piano too.
    Acoustic guitar for me three . Can you play Spanish guitar?

I lean towards the trumpet...probably because I used to play it. Give a listen to Bobby Hackett playing with the Jackie Gleason Orchestra [yes...'that' Jackie Gleason], or Wild Bill Davison playing the cornet on his Pretty Wild album. You can Google-up some examples if you want.

Kenny, why am I not surprised to hear that..........

For me, it would be the cello and the cliche piano. One of my most favorite compositions ever is from Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon....that song with the cello is just....unbeatable. And as for the piano....yeah, it sounds pretty bad when I listen to myself play it, but when a guy plays it well, OMG, he suddenly becomes 10 times hotter. I'm not kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by jadebunny9 View Post
    Kenny, why am I not surprised to hear that..........

For me, it would be the cello and the cliche piano. One of my most favorite compositions ever is from Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon....that song with the cello is just....unbeatable. And as for the piano....yeah, it sounds pretty bad when I listen to myself play it, but when a guy plays it well, OMG, he suddenly becomes 10 times hotter. I'm not kidding.
    any guy who plays an instrument well gets hotter by the minute. though, visually, i think guys with violins look really hot. i think it's the contrast of the small instument with broad shoulders and larger hands makes the guy look more manly. anyways...

i digress. i have to admit. cello does sound pretty romantic. actually, the strings in generally just sound very good. but only romantic when solo.
    Last edited by Ren Ying Ying; 07-08-08 at 02:45 AM.

cello. I like the mellow tone.

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Ying Ying View Post
    any guy who plays an instrument well gets hotter by the minute. though, visually, i think guys with violins look really hot. i think it's the contrast of the small instument with broad shoulders and larger hands makes the guy look more manly. anyways...

i digress. i have to admit. cello does sound pretty romantic. actually, the strings in generally just sound very good. but only romantic when solo.
    Actually that can be pretty true. One of the reasons why I find Leehom just so irresistibly perfect is that fact that he can play 10 different instruments.

Sometimes I'm hanging around the music department (even though I don't belong there) so I can play on some of the grands there, and I have to admit.....there are some pretty goodlooking music majors at school.
    Last edited by jadebunny9; 07-08-08 at 03:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KeongJai View Post
    cello. I like the mellow tone.
    If you like cello, you should check out a track called "Eagle's Serenade" from the 1980s U.S. TV series AIRWOLF. That one was composed by Sylvester Levay and was among the many memorable things from that old TV series.

In the series, the main character (helicopter pilot Stringfellow Hawke) used to frequently play this song on the cello by the lake near his home in the mountains. He was trying to serenade the eagles that lived up there.