Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What does wearing a Ring in the left hand middle finger mean?

I was going to ask a question related to this. I have always thought that wearing a ring on the king finger of your left hand means that you are engaged/married. But lately, I have heard that for Asians(Chinese in particular), wearing a ring on the king finger of the right hand means that you are engaged/married. I wear 2 rings on my right king finger since that is the only finger that my rings fit on.I thought that meant nothing but a lot of Chinese people always ask if I am married or engaged... I always have to explain that I am not... I used to wear it on my left hand but got even more questions so I switched it over to my right hand. I also wear a ring on my middle finger of my left hand too. I don't think that means anything right???
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

I thought wearing a ring on the middle finger on the right hand increases the damage delivered by your punch.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

What about girls who has boyfriend, is there any finger for that??
    Quote Originally Posted by KeongJai View Post
    yeah... any finger that isn't the wedding ring finger.
    sounds nasty

Quote Originally Posted by john-e View Post
    I know some girls who have kept their engagement rings from broken relationships and they seem to mostly wear them on the right-hand ring finger (one girl I know has three on the same finger).
    That's kind of disturbing. Why would anyone want to be reminded of three broken engagements?

Maybe she's just showing off if they're diamond rings.
    你看这些云彩,聚了又散,散了又聚,人生离合也是一样。

I thought for engagements:

The guy wears the ring on the middle finger of his left hand
    The lady wears the ring on the middle finger of her right hand

(because the ring sellers need to make some money as the couple need to purchase additional rings for their wedding)

For wedding (and for some engagements):
    The guy wears the ring on the fourth finger finger of his left hand
    The lady wears the ring on the fourth finger of her right hand

Default Ring on Right Hand or Left Hand Ring Finger

I don't know if you have ever interacted with girls wearing a ring on the right hand ring finger and compare with those girls wearing a ring on the left hand ring finger.

The feeling is different. Girls wearing a ring on the right hand ring finger tend to be more independent and do not need any guys support. They usually hold themselves with high esteem.

Girls wearing a ring on the left hand ring finger are married and tend to have that wifely atmosphere. They are usually dependent on their husbands and tend to be naggy.

Research has to be done in this area you know. They are varying reasons for someone wearing rings on their finger subconsciously. It is no coincidence. There's a saying "There is no such thing as coincidence, just divine intervention".

I guess in order to come to a conclusion. A massive survey research would have to be done.
    Example, those girls wearing a ring on their right hand ring finger, are they married?
    Be amazed by Statistics.
    Last edited by RonChong; 08-03-10 at 11:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pemberly View Post
    if you wear it on the ring finger or your pinky, it means you're married or engaged.
    well, no. sorry, but that isn't right. so tell me then, what is the finger between the middle finger and pinky? in the U.S, at least, we call it the "ring finger". when it comes to telling if a woman is married or not, any other finger is just a finger.

Quote Originally Posted by Jirehmy View Post
    The lady wears the ring on the middle finger of her right hand
    I always thought middle fingers didn't particularly indicate anything. Guess I was wrong. That might explain why no one ever hits on me...

Quote Originally Posted by pemberly View Post
    maybe it's a "promise" ring from their gfs?
    Did someone say promise ring?