Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SPCNET Favorite Movie Demographics: (Everyone Participate)

Lets go with my favourite Genre:

Dragons Forever HK
    Police Story HK
    Prodigal Son HK
    "If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put it in a bottle it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash. Be water my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by almo89 View Post
    Lets go with my favourite Genre:

Dragons Forever HK
    Police Story HK
    Prodigal Son HK
    i love prodigal son too! truly a classic!
    ---------
    Shellie

Love Letter (Japan 1995)
    Battle Royale (Japan 2000)
    Zoolander (USA 2001)

I live out of a suitcase, but the heart is at home on the lake.

Quote Originally Posted by Felix View Post
    I am very picky on what romance stories are told, but I happen to like the story of Jet and Christy.
    This movie is very well-rounded with the perfect touch of action and romance. This is probably one the most romantic movies that I think Jet has ever participated in. He's so shy that it is charmingly endearing. My favorite scene has to be towards the end when Collin started shooting and Jet took the first bullet for Christy. I remembered thinking at the time, "alright, this is normal - he's a bodyguard after all, it's his duty to take the bullet for her." However, on the second bullet, when Christy tried to shield her body to cover Jet and he pushed her away to take the second bullet, and the music was playing in the background to heighten the tension...I thought that was one of the most classic and heart-warming romantic scenes. Till this day, I still get that 'heart pounding' effect whenever I watched it.

Edit: OK, I'm including the clip mentioned above for those who haven't seen the Bodyguard from Beijing, yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o69bp0dOTp8

My favorite picks are:

1. The Notebook
    2. Bodyguard from Beijing
    3. The White Hair Bride
    Last edited by bellamia; 12-15-07 at 10:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shellie View Post
    i love prodigal son too! truly a classic!
    awesome! I guess we are into the same genre.
    "If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put it in a bottle it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash. Be water my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by bellamia View Post
    This movie is very well-rounded with the perfect touch of action and romance. This is probably one the most romantic movies that I think Jet has ever participated in. He's so shy that it is charmingly endearing. My favorite scene has to be towards the end when Collin started shooting and Jet took the first bullet for Christy. I remembered thinking at the time, "alright, this is normal - he's a bodyguard after all, it's his duty to take the bullet for her." However, on the second bullet, when Christy tried to shield her body to cover Jet and he pushed her away to take the second bullet, and the music was playing in the background to heighten the tension...I thought that was one of the most classic and heart-warming romantic scenes. Till this day, I still get that 'heart pounding' effect whenever I watched it.

Edit: OK, I'm including the clip mentioned above for those who haven't seen the Bodyguard from Beijing, yet.
    i totally agreed on that scene! not too many scenes does that to me but that one did...my heart sorta did a somersault when christy tried to cover him. jet's not too good in romantic scenes and i think christy was so pretty that it came off well.

Quote Originally Posted by almo89
    awesome! I guess we are into the same genre.
    sure are. as much as i'm a sucker for romance, my favorites (and what i rewatch over and over) are movies such as that. call me weird.
    ---------
    Shellie

Quote Originally Posted by shellie View Post
    sure are. as much as i'm a sucker for romance, my favorites (and what i rewatch over and over) are movies such as that. call me weird.

Yeah I'm like that too. I grew up watching Sammo Hung, Jackie Chan and Bruce Lee movies. They have so much replay value. Same goes for classic TVB shows. I can rewatch those all the time.

My favorite scene has to be towards the end when Collin started shooting and Jet took the first bullet for Christy. I remembered thinking at the time, "alright, this is normal - he's a bodyguard after all, it's his duty to take the bullet for her." However, on the second bullet, when Christy tried to shield her body to cover Jet and he pushed her away to take the second bullet, and the music was playing in the background to heighten the tension...I thought that was one of the most classic and heart-warming romantic scenes.
    I have been waiting for people so I can discuss this movie with. Ever notice for example why the boyfriend came to the house? Didn't he say he had to go back to Beijing, why was he conveniently there? I suspect he knew something was going on between Christy and Jet. So he came back to make sure no hanky panky was going on behind his back. Also, notice how as soon as Christy left the house, the house was then infiltrated by the evil guys? Why was Jet Li not so resistance of going out this time. Because he knows he should not question a rich guy who is the one who requested a bodyguard in the first place? Jet Li has been so protective the whole movie, always checking everything. Water, pillows, everything. But at this crucial moment, he is chomping down on food with a cigarette smoking Kent Cheng!

Oh, and imagnie had Jet Li slept with Christy and the boyfriend came home at the time, oh man, how much Jet Li would have lost his job and honor.

This is actually the first movie I saw of Jet Li. My favorite scenes were him telling the little kid (Billy) about a boy who grew up in the Shaolin temple and after a fire incident, the little boy never said "Sorry" anymore. Jet Li being a bodyguard character, I am pretty sure each time he defends someone, he thinks about if he was able to save his master in the fire accident.

When Jet Li passed on the chance for a night with Christy. Too bad he had to be a gentleman!!!

The part where Christy finally is ok with Jet LI being in her bedroom and she tells her boyfriend "Let's just see how it turns out" and hangs up on the guy.

And of course the last scene where Jet Li shows he has some emotions for her and let her keep his broken watch as a memorare.

I am glad more people out there like this Jet Li movie.

ok ive decided my last movie. it is young and dangerous.

i was really debataing around with infernal affairs, memoirs of a geisha, once a theif, a better tomorrow, farewell my concubine, and alladin.

but i end up with young and dangerous
    Last edited by LuNaR; 12-19-07 at 06:23 AM.
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

1. A Walk To Remember - US : 2002
    2. A Milllionare's First Love - Korea : 2006
    3. Death Note - Japan : 2006
    Crushes only crush you,
    Falling only hurts you,
    Hearts will only break you,
    If there is no love to save you.

its hard to just choose 3

my picks:

Battle Royale (Japan 2000)
    Braveheart (US 1995)
    The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (US 2003)
    石破天道:“是啊,这招是阿绣教我的,她说人家打不过你,你要处处手下留情,得饶人处且饶人,这一招叫‘旁 敲侧击’,既让了对方,又不致为对方所伤。”他毫无机心,滔滔说来。天虚脸上登时红一阵,白一阵,羞愧得无 地自容。

Braveheart (US, 1995)
    Once Upon A Time In China (HK, 1991)
    City of God (Brazil, 2003)

I thought I update this so anyone who has not the chance, may answer. Plus, if anyone wants to change one of their choices, feel free to do so.

Nausicaa (Japan)
    The Killer (HK)
    The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (US)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o69bp0dOTp8

My favorite picks are:

1. The Notebook
    2. Bodyguard from Beijing
    3. The White Hair Bride
    Bodyguard from Beijing (aka The Defender)! I have been looking for the VCD or DVD of this movie before The Forbidden Kingdom was released. I can't find it in here, or anywhere in eBay. Anyone has the mandarin version of it? The English dubbed version sucks. I prefer the mandarin or cantonese version.

I think I've did a post in the thread for Forbidden Kingdom. After so many years, Colin and Jet meet again for another "duel". I remember this song in the Bodyguard movie was sung by Linda Wong.

The Notebook was highly recommended by a friend of mine. I think James Marsden has a talent for singing. This movie reminds me of Message in Bottle.... I think it's the motion. I find it a very touching movie.

Ahhhh only 3? I have so many in my list.

Favourite 3:

- The Little Tramp (Yes, starring Sir Charlie Chaplin)
    - The Wizard of Oz (the classic)
    - Edward Scissorshand (on par with "What's eating Gilbert Grape? - Leonardo did well as a retardo)

I highly recommend these movies:

- Freedom Writers (Hilary Swank & Patrick Dempsey)
    - The Price of Glory (Jimmy Smit and a few fairly known latin actors)
    - A Walk to Remember
    - Heat (clash of the Titans - Al Pacino & Robert de Niro)
    - Stuck on You (about the siamese twins, starring Matt Damon)
    Last edited by remember_Cedric; 07-12-08 at 01:56 AM.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

My three:

Wizard of Oz
    Apocalypse Now
    Monty Python's Search for the Holy Grail
    john-e

Sixty years ago I knew nothing; now I know nothing; education is a progressive discovery of your own ignorance. - Will Durant

I wish we could list more than 3.......5 would have been better. Monty Python's Search for the Holy Grail is definitely one of my most favorite films ever. =\

I have a lot of favorites but if I had to choose quickly from the top of my head it would be

Walk to Remember or Cinderella Story (Western)
    Infernal Affairs /Kung Fu Hustle (Chinese)
    Shake Rattle and Roll 8 (the one with the nanny) - Filipino

Senior Member shanghai girls are hot's Avatar

chungking express (1994 hk)
    fallen angels (1995 hk)
    .. i don't have a 3rd

I can't say these are favourites, but I like them....for entertainment purposes:

- The 3 Austin Powers movies ("Mojo!", "Yeah, baby! Yeah!")

- The Mask, Liar Liar (Jim Carrey)

- Nutty Professor by Sir Jerry Lewis
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?