Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Review : Swordwoman Oh Soo Jung

Smile Review : Swordwoman Oh Soo Jung

Title : Swordwoman Oh Soo Jung
    Starring :
    Um Jung Hwa - Oh Soo Jung
    Oh Ji Ho - Ko Man Soo

Synopse : A romantic comedy bewteen an unsuccessful golddigger and a successful professional golfer whom she dumped 8 years ago on their wedding day.

Review : This drama is yet another "The Fantasy Couple" clone, but with a stronger credential. The lead actress Um Jong Hwa must have beat her head after passing on the lead role of The Fantasy Couple(Han Yeo Sul was her replacement) which turned out to be the biggest hit of 2006, and decided to star in something similar, and this is it. Starring the very leads of The Fantasy Couple(Um Jung Hwa and Oh Ji Ho), this show attempts to replicate the magic of The Fantasy Couple. Does it suceed? Read on.
    Oh Soo Jung was a very materialistic and selfish goddess worshipped by men in her 20s, more specifically by Ko Man Soo, a 300 pound fatso and her friend since highschool who could die for her if she told him to do so. Ko even passed the bar exam to become a Judge, all because Oh Soo Jung told him to become one if he really wanted to marry her. But on their wedding day, Ko confesses to Oh Soo Jung that he failed the last interview for judge appointment, because he couldn't lie and told the truth(Basically he told that he would steal and break law if Oh asked him to do so). Infuriated Oh walks out on their wedding, turns down another suiter, a failing law student, and flies away with another rich man who promises her a life in New York.

8 years later, things changed. Oh Soo Jung is an unwanted old maiden whose only goal in life is to marry a successful man and escape from her miserable reality. The failing law student whom Oh rejected is now a partner at a lawfirm making mega wons. And worst of all, Ko Man Soo is now a hot looking PGA golfer worth $6 million. Oh decides to place her last bets on Ko by doing everything she could to get his attention. Ko, who was hurt and never overcame Oh Soo Jung, decided to give her another chance by testing her, presenting Oh with a con-man pretending to be a millionaire worth more than $10 million, while Ko pretended himself to be under financial trouble. Ko would take Oh Soo Jung back if she chose him over the con man, but guess what? Gold digging Oh Soo Jung drops Ko and runs into the arms of the con man! And the story goes on.

This show is best described as The Fantasy Couple peudo-sequel of sort, featuring all the elements of the original. Um Jung Hwa looks incredibly good for a 39 year old woman and is almost as funny as Han Yeosul's Jo Anna. Oh Ji Ho's performance is more restrained but very good nevertheless. I would recommend this series to The Fantasy Couple fans since it has all the elements of the original series and could be considered a first true clone.

i guess I'll check it out then..
    ****Love, Live, and watch Asian Series****

it's not swordswoman ..orginally it was "butcher" they changed to "get karl".. i'm on ep 6 now.. it's so great.. out of all the dramas at this time i enjoy this one the most.. it's funny!. and the main actors are my favorites.. i always loved Uhm jung hwa and oh ji ho... though her character in here is really a shameless and so mean..

i watched the first episode and i like it...

tuoimong, please email me where i can watch more..thanks sweetie..

hey Candee i uploaded it in my youtube channel but i deleted ep 1-2 to clear up space. I believe it's uploaded in Veoh. But if you want to see ep 3-6 it's in my Youtube channel.

subs for 1 and 2 are out at D-addicts. So glad it has subs now.. i can watch with some understanding and can laugh at jokes.. i really hate her hair..what the hell was she thinking!!! but the story get sweeter by the moment..Karl character is very charming..oh he's so hot!
    Last edited by tuoimongmo2007; 08-13-07 at 03:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tuoimongmo2007 View Post
    hey Candee i uploaded it in my youtube channel but i deleted ep 1-2 to clear up space. I believe it's uploaded in Veoh. But if you want to see ep 3-6 it's in my Youtube channel.

subs for 1 and 2 are out at D-addicts. So glad it has subs now.. i can watch with some understanding and can laugh at jokes.. i really hate her hair..what the hell was she thinking!!! but the story get sweeter by the moment..Karl character is very charming..oh he's so hot!
    thanks girl...

yeah, i don't like her hair when she's older ...why can't she just keep it long like when she was younger..she looks really pretty in the younger years..I first saw her in "Seducing Mr Perfect" and thought she looked too old..But in here, she looks younger for some reason....

If Jon doe is correct, I think Han Yeo Sul makes a better Joann ( in Fantasy Couple) than Um Jong Hwa...However, Um Jong Hwa seems to fit better in this role. The only reason I'm watching this series is because JON_DOE:
    " would recommend this series to The Fantasy Couple fans since it has all the elements of the original series and could be considered a first true clone."

I really like Fantasy Couple --i thought Han Yeo Sul was pretty funny in a "trying to be serious way".

A half-way update
    click to show/hide spoilers
    Oh Soo Jung turns out not to be the meanie and shameless golddigger she was supposed to be. She did love Ko Man Soo but was willing to sacrifice her love to provide for her family(Unemployed father and his younger brother still in highschool), the reason for her "golddigging" behavior. On the other hand, Ko Man Soo's new love interest Yook Dae Soon, who appears exactly the opposite of Oh Soo Jung(much younger, shy, modest and innocent), isn't what she appears to be, a calculating backstabber with a smile.

i love Soo jung.. even from the beginning but i loved her even more when the truth reveals about what happened when she ran away with the guy at the wedding..

but i am so disappointed in OH ji ho's acting.. it seems that he's unable to potray emotions through his character.. i'm up to ep 10 now and still i couldn't see that he's showing emotions when it's necessary.. it would make the series better..

Quote Originally Posted by JonDoe View Post
    A half-way update
    click to show/hide spoilers
    Oh Soo Jung turns out not to be the meanie and shameless golddigger she was supposed to be. She did love Ko Man Soo but was willing to sacrifice her love to provide for her family(Unemployed father and his younger brother still in highschool), the reason for her "golddigging" behavior. On the other hand, Ko Man Soo's new love interest Yook Dae Soon, who appears exactly the opposite of Oh Soo Jung(much younger, shy, modest and innocent), isn't what she appears to be, a calculating backstabber with a smile.

I knew it. I felt that.

this sounds quite good but cant find it yet, hmmmm
    patience..............just be patient...........

Quote Originally Posted by CoL View Post
    this sounds quite good but cant find it yet, hmmmm
    it's on youtube and veoh..

Quote Originally Posted by tuoimongmo2007 View Post
    it's on youtube and veoh..
    i cant find it, what did you search under?

or have you got the uploader's name?

Currently in Moss, Silver. Next stop....still Moss, Silver

Quote Originally Posted by JonDoe View Post
    Title : Swordwoman Oh Soo Jung
    Starring :
    Um Jung Hwa - Oh Soo Jung
    Oh Ji Ho - Ko Man Soo

Synopse : A romantic comedy bewteen an unsuccessful golddigger and a successful professional golfer whom she dumped 8 years ago on their wedding day.

Review : This drama is yet another "The Fantasy Couple" clone, but with a stronger credential. The lead actress Um Jong Hwa must have beat her head after passing on the lead role of The Fantasy Couple(Han Yeo Sul was her replacement) which turned out to be the biggest hit of 2006, and decided to star in something similar, and this is it. Starring the very leads of The Fantasy Couple(Um Jung Hwa and Oh Ji Ho), this show attempts to replicate the magic of The Fantasy Couple. Does it suceed? Read on.
    Oh Soo Jung was a very materialistic and selfish goddess worshipped by men in her 20s, more specifically by Ko Man Soo, a 300 pound fatso and her friend since highschool who could die for her if she told him to do so. Ko even passed the bar exam to become a Judge, all because Oh Soo Jung told him to become one if he really wanted to marry her. But on their wedding day, Ko confesses to Oh Soo Jung that he failed the last interview for judge appointment, because he couldn't lie and told the truth(Basically he told that he would steal and break law if Oh asked him to do so). Infuriated Oh walks out on their wedding, turns down another suiter, a failing law student, and flies away with another rich man who promises her a life in New York.

8 years later, things changed. Oh Soo Jung is an unwanted old maiden whose only goal in life is to marry a successful man and escape from her miserable reality. The failing law student whom Oh rejected is now a partner at a lawfirm making mega wons. And worst of all, Ko Man Soo is now a hot looking PGA golfer worth $6 million. Oh decides to place her last bets on Ko by doing everything she could to get his attention. Ko, who was hurt and never overcame Oh Soo Jung, decided to give her another chance by testing her, presenting Oh with a con-man pretending to be a millionaire worth more than $10 million, while Ko pretended himself to be under financial trouble. Ko would take Oh Soo Jung back if she chose him over the con man, but guess what? Gold digging Oh Soo Jung drops Ko and runs into the arms of the con man! And the story goes on.

This show is best described as The Fantasy Couple peudo-sequel of sort, featuring all the elements of the original. Um Jung Hwa looks incredibly good for a 39 year old woman and is almost as funny as Han Yeosul's Jo Anna. Oh Ji Ho's performance is more restrained but very good nevertheless. I would recommend this series to The Fantasy Couple fans since it has all the elements of the original series and could be considered a first true clone.
    uhm...where's the sword fight then?

Get karl oh soo jung
    "Take everything you like seriously, except yourselves."
    - Rudyard Kipling

Quote Originally Posted by lysil View Post
    Get karl oh soo jung
    there arent any with eng subs?

there arent any with eng subs?
    There are, but not all the ep have been subbed yet.

YOUTUBE: for example, ep 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SO6zvmAMRGc

VEOH: ep 1-3 uploaded by lyptika http://www.veoh.com/channels/butcherohsujung
    "Take everything you like seriously, except yourselves."
    - Rudyard Kipling

Quote Originally Posted by ghostdarTeal'c View Post
    uhm...where's the sword fight then?
    In Episode 13, there is a kendo duel between Oh Soo Jung and the con artist(The one hired by Ko Man Soo to pretend to be a millionaire) who fell in love with Oh Soo Jung. Oh Soo Jung is an advanced level kendo practitioner.

Now, there is your "swordwoman" part of title.

Currently in Moss, Silver. Next stop....still Moss, Silver

oh i see. now it makes some sense

yea i uploaded in my channel in youtube.. it's http://www.youtube.com/callalillies00

you can type in "get karl oh soo jung" and find it right away.. youtube has pretty neat search engine..

i know that this series is over now..

Has anyone finish watching it yet?

Do you recommend that I should finish it?