Thread: Burning Dual Languages Movies To DVD

Default Burning Dual Languages Movies To DVD

If viewing on the computer, we can control the volumn speaker left or right for the language you want. How do I view one language if the movie with dual languages is burnt to dvd? The movie is showing with dual languages and I can't change the setting on my APEX dvd player? Help.....

Quote Originally Posted by SeriesLover View Post
    If viewing on the computer, we can control the volumn speaker left or right for the language you want. How do I view one language if the movie with dual languages is burnt to dvd? The movie is showing with dual languages and I can't change the setting on my APEX dvd player? Help.....
    My copy of LOCH 03 has Thai and Mandarin languages. I have to turn off one of the stereo channels to get the Mandarin only track otherwise I get both. [I don't understand either language ]

When I set the left or right speaker to mono audio on a dvd player, the dual languages are still on. I had tried all options with the dvd player.

Well on a DVD there are usually multi tracks. Left and right is usually on vcd/svcd. Your control/dvd player just don't support it or you just havent found the correct button to switch it.
    Due to several complaints, I will stop using the terms "Babe" and "Baby" in reference to our female counterpart. They will now be replaced with "B*tch."

SPCNET Karaoke Corner

What do you mean by dual language? DVD movies that have more than 1 audio language tracks? In that case, don't you just select the Audio track that you want? (either through the DVD menu or through the DVD player menu).

Adjusting the left or right speaker volume shouldn't fix the dual language switching problem because all you are doing is transfering the audio to the left speaker or right speaker.

Switch to left or right speaker? What are we, in 1997?!?
    My obsessions: Joy Division, New Order, Bones, The Office.

Do bears bear? Do bees bee?

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Switching left or right speaker is for those movies that has multiple audio and encoded as VCD/SVCD or MPEG1. Popular in asian/asean country. Also popular for encoding karaoke VCD. Where the songs is divided in two channel for the lyrics/words and the background music. For this you need to turn off left or right speakers, also available on the DVD/VCD remote or usually a karaoke button.

For DVD or MPEG2 encoding, there is no need to turn off left or right speakers/channel etc, coz its can be done through the setup menu (if multiple language/audio available on the DVD in the first place!). You're probably confusing playing a VCD movie in a DVD player and try to switch on/off the left/right channel using the DVD remote and the DVD remote doesn't has those karaoke ability.

Please don't switching your left/right speaker for this - that is just wacky .

The series video comes in 2 languages. When I burnt onto DVD, the languages are played together. On the setup menu of my player, which option should I look for to adjust the languages? :thanks:

The series video comes in 2 languages. When I burnt onto DVD, the languages are played together. On the setup menu of my player, which option should I look for to adjust the languages? :thanks:
    the option "language", or "audio"

I just tried one of my dual language LOCH discs and what I have to do with the DVD player remote is use the audio button is select R from the L R options displayed on the TV screen. Both sets of speakers still work.

JamesG,
    Did you mean that the dual languages still sounded? I tried that myself on my player, I still get both languages.

JamesG,
    Did you mean that the dual languages still sounded? I tried that myself on my player, I still get both languages.
    Nope. Only a single language gets played.

Hmm.. I seem to have the same problem here. I'm trying to upload a scene from a dual-language VCD to YouTube to put under my favourite TVB scenes thread. I normally use Windows Movie Maker, and when I import the file it's dual language. I've cut the part of the video I want, and it's still dual-language. How do I turn off the stereo effect in WMM, if possible?