Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Silver Tycoon ft. Margie Tsang, Felix Wong, Jacky Lui, and many others

Default The Silver Tycoon ft. Margie Tsang, Felix Wong, Jacky Lui, and many others

I watched this long time ago and I barely remember the storyline but I do remember that there were a lot of mishaps for Felix's character and bad romance between the woman(which I think was played by Erica Choi or Margie) he loved because people were scheming against him.

I'm rewatching it, so I can understand it better this second time around. I remember not liking how it ended. Let's see if my opinions change. I do recognize more actors and actresses now, that I didn't know or recognize before.

Who's the actor that plays Jacky Lui's dad and Erica Choi's brother-in-law? Because of the tv serials I've seen him in, he's always been the bad guy. And is that Kwong Wah as Jacky's brother?
    Last edited by Suet Seung; 01-15-08 at 09:56 PM.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    I watched this long time ago and I barely remember the storyline but I do remember that there were a lot of mishaps for Felix's character and bad romance between the woman(which I think was played by Erica Choi or Margie) he loved because people were scheming against him.

I'm rewatching it, so I can understand it better this second time around. I remember not liking how it ended. Let's see if my opinions change. I do recognize more actors and actresses now, that I didn't know or recognize before.

Who's the actor that plays Jacky Lui's dad and Erica Choi's brother-in-law? Because of the tv serials I've seen him in, he's always been the bad guy. And is that Kwong Wah as Jacky's brother?
    The guy who play Jacky Lui's dad is Phuong Cuong. He is not good looking but a good actor. His acting is good. And yes, Kwong Wah is Jacky's older brother.

I like this series very much, Felix is very handsome in this series and perhap the most handsome among his modern series. This is one of the great but depressed series.

Trien Chieu, You like Money Chan? Is that Chan Mun Yee? She's great. She's great.

Quote Originally Posted by Jirehmy View Post
    Trien Chieu, You like Money Chan? Is that Chan Mun Yee? She's great. She's great.
    yes, my favorite series of her is "General father, General Son"

Default LINK TO WATCH THIS SERIES

Below is the direct link to watch this series. ENOY! I think it's an uncut version. I just rented this series in my language the other day, and I've noticed that they cut out a lot of parts!
    http://so.tudou.com/isearch.do?kw=%A...%BC%AF%C8%AB+1
    Last edited by UnforgottenEricaChoi; 10-28-08 at 05:52 PM.
    Actors that I like: Felix Wong, Louis Koo, Aaron Kwok Chow Cher Meng, Jimmy Lin , Hawick Lau

All time favorite actresses: Noel Leung Siu Bing, Erica Choi,Fiona Leung, &Florence Tan

Watch this series now. Old ATV series has such good qualities. It's so good to watch drama which problems don't get solved with 2 episodes (which is the trend of current TVB drama series). The characters gain one setback after another and I find this more realistic. Shows that life unexpected, not everything going according to plan. But, these characters never give up. Some characters like Duen Siu Cheung (Felix) sacrificed his principle to succeed. Some character like Yiu Man Ling (Margie) sees the dark side of the entertainment circle.

Of the characters relationship, I most like Duen Siu Cheung and Ngan Yu Yuk's (Chrisitine Ng) relationship. They have gone through hard times together, but, they are not lovers. Never romantically link, but, very loyal to one another. I like how Ngan Yu Yuk refuse to accept Sung Hok Lai's (Fong Kong) courting out of loyalty to Deun Siu Cheung even though Sung Hok Lai is pretty powerful. Duen Siu Cheung and Yiu Man Ling's relationship pales in comparison. They are just normal lovers relationship. Yiu Man Ling is principled and nice and Duen Siu Cheung have to keep the bad things he did from her.

I feel really bad for Shi Yun (Jacky Lui), Duen Hon Tou (Sunny Chan) and Hau Yun. They are all very nice people who has never harm Siu Cheung. But, for revenge and to achieve his goal, he deceived and harm all of them. Shi Yun is the worse. He has been so nice and loyal to Siu Cheung all these while, going against his family.
    Last edited by kidd; 09-15-11 at 01:59 PM.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

That Mao Dan is so selfish. Her maid help her took care of her daughter for so long, it's is understand that her daughter feel heavy-hearted to leave the her adopted mother alone. But, Mao Dan just selfish and heartlessly said 'she's just you adopted mother'. Only think for herself.

I really like Ngan Yu Yuk. Very smart woman. Her power in enticing men is amazing. But, that's not what I like most about her. What I like most is still her loyalty towards friends and people who is good to her. Really 'yau ching yau yi'. Chiu Man San treat her well and she repay his kindness when he's down.
    Last edited by kidd; 09-15-11 at 11:22 AM.

Interesting how the actors/characters look infinitely better when they did not dress up. Helen and Chak Yun look way better when they are in jail with their hair not permed or gelled and Helen with less make up.

On Sik Mui (Erica Choi). I think Siu Cheung's revenge on her was too much. She did not deserve it. Yes, she was weak-willed and easily persuaded and couldn't stand hardship. But, she did try and Siu Cheung did not make things easy for her with his outburst just because she used her sister's money to make their house more comfortable. With poverty and Siu Cheung's anger, I bet she saw a bleak future and decide to leave. And Siu Cheung hold a grudge over every small thing. The ring incident which initially you think is not big deal and he didn't mind, it turned out he kept in his 'things people did that wronged me' book. She did not deserve Siu Cheung pyschological torture.

On Chak Yun. I never like Chak Yun (Kong Wah). I thought he's uncaring and with no redeeming feature until he fell in love with Ngan Yu Yuk and you see his human side. I see his strong and genuine love for Ngan Yu Yuk. His sense of loyalty and filial piety towards his father. His guilty feelings towards his father for continuing his affair with Yuk. Him kneel to his father to forgiveness and ask his father to let him be with Yuk. In earlier episodes, I thought he's very uncaring for his mother. But, when his father want to sent his mother away, he beg on her behalf. At this moment, you he's not that bad after all. What I like most is despite him thinking that it's his father to put him to jail, he still did not intend to harm his father because blood is thicker than water.

That case Seung Wan's accidentally homicide is silly beyond believe. It's obviously an accident. There so many reasonable doubts in this case. How can the verdict be murder? Silly, silly, silly. It seems like the story has turn to creating tragedy for tragedy's sake.

The part where the father and son 'Shi Yun and father' hugged tightly was so touching.

Shi Yun is too damn honest and straight. He just directly go and confront Siu Cheung. Siu Cheung is a cunning fox. I worried for Shi Yun. For self-preservation, Siu Cheung might harm him as well. I hope he does not lost him life.

Update: Good that Siu Cheung didn't harm Shi Yun. At least, he truly cares for Shi Yun has a friend. But, Shi Yun ask such a stupid question. 'Why you lied to me?'. It's it obvious why he lied to you?
    Last edited by kidd; 09-16-11 at 03:30 AM.

Duen Siu Cheung is crazy.
    click to show/hide spoilers
    Willing to kill so many people just to murder Shi Yun.

About Ngan Yu Yuk
    click to show/hide spoilers
    Why did Ngan Yu Yuk want to commit suicide? I don't understand. Anyone can tell me?

I've to say the scene is very shocking to me. Climbing up there take so much effort for the crippled Ngan Yu Yuk and she climbed up just to do that.
    Last edited by kidd; 09-16-11 at 11:19 AM.

Yiu Man Ling I also started to like in the end. She's one strong woman and very principled. Not as weak as her look seem to project.

This is a great series. Very written story and characterisation and well acted. It shows the multi-faceted human nature, triumph over adversity and also sometime, good doesn't win over evil.
    Last edited by kidd; 09-16-11 at 09:15 PM.

^^ but wans't this drama when nick cheung character and lau gam ling character was alive and living well (toward the end) when they did all the bad deeds? not sure if it was this drama since i watch this long long ago...and it seems like it also imply that lau gam ling character going to kill off nick character
    Aaron Yan Mike He
    Yamapi Kim HyunJoong Lee Joon Lee HongKi

Quote Originally Posted by nancie View Post
    ^^ but wans't this drama when nick cheung character and lau gam ling character was alive and living well (toward the end) when they did all the bad deeds? not sure if it was this drama since i watch this long long ago...and it seems like it also imply that lau gam ling character going to kill off nick character
    Yeap, it's this drama. When I wrote the post above, I have yet to finish the series. But, after finishing the series, my comment still can apply. 'sometime, good doesn't win over evil'

The ending is up to our interpretation. It implies that Helen will kill off Kuk Yan with the poisoned drink, but, we are also shown a gun on the bed side. So, what happen next, we won't know.

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    Yeap, it's this drama. When I wrote the post above, I have yet to finish the series. But, after finishing the series, my comment still can apply. 'sometime, good doesn't win over evil'

The ending is up to our interpretation. It implies that Helen will kill off Kuk Yan with the poisoned drink, but, we are also shown a gun on the bed side. So, what happen next, we won't know.
    Yep, I like the fact that "sometime, good doesn't win over evil" because it's more realistic. Good wins over evil happens in more than 90% of serials already so it's nice to have some alternative. As for Felix's character, I wish he could stay with his principle from the beginning until the end but it's totally understandable that he has to change in order to revenge. Overall, I think this is one of the best ATV serials. I like the fact that both the story line and ending are very unique.

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    Yep, I like the fact that "sometime, good doesn't win over evil" because it's more realistic. Good wins over evil happens in more than 90% of serials already so it's nice to have some alternative. As for Felix's character, I wish he could stay with his principle from the beginning until the end but it's totally understandable that he has to change in order to revenge. Overall, I think this is one of the best ATV serials. I like the fact that both the story line and ending are very unique.
    It is understandable that Duen Siu Cheung has to use some unscrupulous method to take revenge since the more honorable method he employed to defeat Sung Hok Lai didn't work. I was cheering for him earlier on. But, he has crossed the line later when she started harming innocent people and bestow 10x more severe vengeance to the people who has harmed him. He has also become very possessive. He as adopted then mantra 'I would rather wrong the everyone than let everyone wrong me'.

I agree that this is one of the best ATV dramas.

Yiu Man Ling I also started to like in the end.

I saw a few episodes here and there of this series and it just seems really sad. It does have a very good cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Nan Ling View Post
    I saw a few episodes here and there of this series and it just seems really sad. It does have a very good cast.
    The storyline and artists are great but very sad story.