Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MMA=Mix Martial Arts

Thank you for sharing, warlock110 and Radken. MMA is rather similar to Maga Krav too (martial art invented from military base). Just something to share which you may want to check it out. Google for Steven Segal. You might say different when you see the peak level of Aikido. We're talking about something beyond techniques. A force which will kill the opponent at instant without much contact. At instant means we're looking at the speed of an eye-blink. It's a real deal, not the "A-ryu-ken" from Ryu in street fighter.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

Quote Originally Posted by remember_Cedric View Post
    Thank you for sharing, warlock110 and Radken. MMA is rather similar to Maga Krav too (martial art invented from military base). Just something to share which you may want to check it out. Google for Steven Segal. You might say different when you see the peak level of Aikido. We're talking about something beyond techniques. A force which will kill the opponent at instant without much contact. At instant means we're looking at the speed of an eye-blink. It's a real deal, not the "A-ryu-ken" from Ryu in street fighter.
    MMA is a sport, deadly techniques are forbidden.

Quote Originally Posted by remember_Cedric View Post
    Mixed Martial Arts is basically any martial art you've learned and combined into your own personal style that emphasizes on striking, clinching, and ground work. This is done because no martial art alone covers all the the aspects to fighting. As for trying to kill someone with hardly any contact, that's just a ploy to deceive people into thinking they can accomplish something without exerting much effort and keep believing in the myth that you do not have touch someone in order to hurt them. The whole point of real contact is so you can test out what you've learned actually works.

I always see these "traditionalist" type martial arts guys who seem to look down on mma. ( not directly targeting you cedric just a general comment). The main emphasis of there argument seems to be "mma dosent have the deadly only for street fight moves." Honestly, I find that kind of ridiculous. 99 percent of those schools who teach those "too deadly for tournament" moves dont have any type of serious cardio training or real sparring incorporated into their curriculum, yet they try to sell what they teach as "street lethal". The thing is, if you don't actively practice what your being taught against a live resisting opponent(sparring), your chances of winnning a fight against a agressive(even if their untrained) opponent aren't good. Because of this I would take your average boxer at a decent gym over most black belts doing traditoional martial. The simple reason being that these guys spar regularly plus they have great cardio and actually know what it feels like to get hit.

Anways, at the end of the day, the back bone of MMA is BJJ and Muay Thai. Both of which can be considered as "traditional" martial arts in a sense. So I don't know why some guys continue to look down on MMA.
    wow..04-08....4 years just like that..time flies..

At the end of the day, MMA is just a set of rules, and not any particular martial art or combination thereof. Anyone is welcome to apply whatever skill or combination of skills they want to win in it.
    Reverend Rongku prepared himself.

Suddenly, he toss his hands and screamed: "I am not human! I am an animal!"

The crowd startled at such a bizarre beginning to the story.

Anyone watch the Cung Le v Frank Shamrock fight last night? That was an awesome fight.
    "You can't make the world come out right just because you want it that way."

Saw the first half on Youtube. Heard Cung Le won. It was definately interesting. It was stand-up throughout.

Yeah, it was a good fight. The best round was RD 3 where Shamrock rocked Le, I thought the fight was gonna be over, but somehow Cung Le recovered and delivered some devastating kicks to Shamrock that really hurted him.

Le broke Shamrock's arm with a kick at the end of RD 3 and they had to stop the fight cuz Shamrock can not answer to the bell.

I think the fight would've been different if Frank would've taken the fight to the ground instead of trying to fight in Cung Le's world. Just my opinion though.

From the best of MMA: Ju Jitsu vs Muay Thai
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

Cant wait to see tomorrws fight GSP vs Matt Serra. Hope GSP win the fight and get his belt back. Serra hasnt fought anyone since he won the belt from GSP. My pick GSP.

Ha, GSP won. Paid him back for the 21 punch combo Serra landed on him last time.

Quote Originally Posted by Radken View Post
    Ha, GSP won. Paid him back for the 21 punch combo Serra landed on him last time.
    I knew he was going to win. He had counter to every move Serra makes.

Next fight BJ Penn vs. Sean Sherk

anyone seen Kimbo Slice vs. James Thompson on CBS last night. I think the ref stopped the fight to early in the 3rd round. Kimbo slice almost lost the fight last night.

Kimbo slice looks like Rick Ross's older brother.

Wanna see Fedor vs Randy Couture.

Dude, the ref shoulda stopped the fight in the second round when Thompson was hitting Slice twenty times in the face and Slice wasn't able to fight back. The best match of the whole night was from the women.

so many "different style" of fighting but they all look the same to me....punch, kick, hold down, kick, etc.....

totally agree with you, the ref should have stop the fight in the 2nd round. When the ref stop thompson in the 3rd round, thompson pushed the refs face away cuz he stopped the fight. He was pissed.

Also agree with you in the women's fight.

Uraihuh Faber vs Jens Pulver is on tonight for the WEC featherweight or whatever weight it is.

all due respect to kimbo for trying to do better with his life, but yesterday he was outclassed for two rounds by a bottom feeder. It pretty much deads all his retarded fan boys hero worship of him being anywhere near top 10.

Also wonder whats going to happen between him and rogers now after the near scuffle during the press conference.

I almost have a feeling that shaw is trying to protect Kimbo as he is their big money maker. Yesterdays bout was suppose to be an easy win for Kimbo, but to the average mainstream fan, Thompson would have looked like a big challenge due to his size. However, the only thing I remember about him was Aleksander crushing him in 20 secs after he rushed in like a maniac.

Patience my friend, sylvia vs fedor first. Gonna be a good card by M1/Afflicition with barnett and possibly arloski....
    wow..04-08....4 years just like that..time flies..

Did anyone saw the fight over the weekend, UFC or Banned/Affliction.

Sylvia got murdered by Fedor. Took him only 36 sec. Randy couldn't even do that.

People says they want to see Anderson Silva vs Fedor. Anderson would lose to Fedor. Anderson has nothing on Fedor.

Nah, I didn't see the Fedor Sylvia fight. But I saw the Anderson Silva fight TKO dude in the 1st round.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPhotastic View Post
    Nah, I didn't see the Fedor Sylvia fight. But I saw the Anderson Silva fight TKO dude in the 1st round.
    you could watch the fight on youtube.

Also saw the Anderson Silva fight as well.