Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MMA=Mix Martial Arts

man..fedor rippied Sylvia...I thought he would arm bar that sasquatch eventually..didnt think Fedor had the power to just bash him like that lol..

I want to see barneet vs fedor next, although arloski would prob be the more entertaining fight.. IMO Couture would have to pull a miracle out of his arse to beat Fedor..but he's done it before...can't count him out?
    wow..04-08....4 years just like that..time flies..

Anyone seen the Brock Lesnar and GSP fight?
    "You can't make the world come out right just because you want it that way."

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by MrPhotastic View Post
    Anyone seen the Brock Lesnar and GSP fight?
    Brock never fight GSP LOL, how can they fight, they are from different divisions.

There will be a re-match between Brock Lesnar and Frank Mir for the Undisputed UFC Heavyweight Championship.

Brock Lesnar defeated Randy Couture for the UFC Heavyweight Championship at UFC 91 on November 15 and Frank Mir defeated Antônio Rodrigo Nogueira for the Interim Heavyweight title

Anyway, anybody who watch UFC 94 - should know GSP is the ultimate MMA badass - yay - GSP FTW

Quote Originally Posted by atlantean0208 View Post
    Brock never fight GSP LOL, how can they fight, they are from different divisions.

There will be a re-match between Brock Lesnar and Frank Mir for the Undisputed UFC Heavyweight Championship.

Brock Lesnar defeated Randy Couture for the UFC Heavyweight Championship at UFC 91 on November 15 and Frank Mir defeated Antônio Rodrigo Nogueira for the Interim Heavyweight title

Anyway, anybody who watch UFC 94 - should know GSP is the ultimate MMA badass - yay - GSP FTW
    Yes, I'm aware GSP and Brock Lesnar are in different weight classes. What I meant was did anyone see Brock Lesnar fight along with the GSP fight. This was Brock's second fight in the UFC after he lost to Mir. I forgot who he fought and I believe GSP fought in that card too.

GSP is a total badass. He totally dominated BJ Penn to the point where his spirits was broken. You could see it in BJ's eyes and his demeanor. I've never seen a fighter dominate like GSP in that fight.

Brock gonna get submitted by Mir again. Mark my words.
    "You can't make the world come out right just because you want it that way."

I hate both GSP and Brock Lesnar, even though GSP is less of a brute.

wat? how can u hate gsp? he's the nicest guy ever+ he's the mayne right now @ 170 and top 3 p4p..

Lesnar is an arrogant prick...I hope mir takes his leg home this time @ ufc 100

Hope shogun is back on track 2 his grande prix days(doubtful) and KO's liddell 2night....

Awesome pic Mr.Photastic!!

GSP is a phenomenal athlete with good work ethic. I enjoy watching him fight. He's not necessarily the fastest, strongest, or best in any one area. But he's got sound tactics and a tremendous wrestling base to work off of. I see him doing well for a long time.

As for Mir and Lesnar... Well, Frank Mir is the better tactician, but Brock Lesnar has amazing athleticism and speed for a guy of his size. They both have their first fight behind them, so I believe it will be a chess match that Frank Mir is likely to win. However, if Brock catches Mir with even a glancing blow the fight could be over. Another interesting contender at HW is Shane Carwin. That guy has fists like no other.

Personally, my favorite is Lyoto Machida. He embodies all the qualities I like in a fighter, and that's pretty much the fighting style I would use if I had to fight. I don't see anyone beating him for quite some time.

Quote Originally Posted by duguxiaojing View Post
    wat? how can u hate gsp? he's the nicest guy ever+ he's the mayne right now @ 170 and top 3 p4p..

Lesnar is an arrogant prick...I hope mir takes his leg home this time @ ufc 100

Hope shogun is back on track 2 his grande prix days(doubtful) and KO's liddell 2night....

Awesome pic Mr.Photastic!!
    GPS is kindda gay IMO haha, i know he's a great fighter, but he still comes off kindda gay with his short and the way he talks.

brock is probably gonna win. you can't put a lock on his upper body, he just have to watch his leg. I doubt anyone can knock him out, a shot to the chin would do it, but it's easier said than done, these guys knows where to get hit and where they need to block.

Quote Originally Posted by warlock110 View Post
    GPS
    Haha, he will never get lost on the road .

GSP is still badass, dunno why you said he is gay LOL. When its come to ground and pound GSP is the man. Despita Alves 7 winning streak, that is still not enough to defeat GSP. GSP is just, unstoppable.

And LOL to Frank Mir, Brock is just too much for him. I'm sure Mir win the first fight because Brock still not really familiar with the ground fight of UFC and got careless by trying to get a fast KO.

True, Lesnar is a prick but he is the man, badass. If there is someone who can be a an arrogant prick, then Brock is the guy.

After the upcoming event from Afflicition, Fedor vs Barnett, Dana White is going to sign Fedor to the UFC since his contract is up. Fedor vs Lesnar can happen if the UFC can sign Fedor.

Quote Originally Posted by SKYLINE GT-R 32 View Post
    After the upcoming event from Afflicition, Fedor vs Barnett, Dana White is going to sign Fedor to the UFC since his contract is up. Fedor vs Lesnar can happen if the UFC can sign Fedor.
    Whoa!, haha, can't wait for that fight. Then we really know if Brock is the real deal after fighting someone like Fedor. Fedor is currently the #1 pound-for-pound fighter in the world.

However in comparison Brock got more height, weight and reach compare to Fedor. Well, in the octagon, those things doesn't really matter anyway .

Well if you guys haven't seen UFC 100 yet I've got spoiler protection up. You can watch the fights on mmalinker. After you've seen the fights, here's my spoiler analysis:

click to show/hide spoilers

Brock/Mir fight was not totally surprising to me though I was a bit surprised. I knew it could have gone either way pretty much, but Brock used the right strategy in completely smothering Mir and preventing submission.

The Bisping Henderson fight was spectacular and my favorite. I tend to favor older fighters because I know how important the mental aspect of the sport is. But I did not expect Henderson to completely outclass Bisping in striking -- and he did in devastating fashion. Good old American ***-whoopin on the Brit. Next up for Henderson is possibly Anderson Silva or a title-contender at 205. Bisping will at best be facing the loser of the Damian Maia fight, or possibly Wanderlei Silva or Nate Quarry.

Speaking of older fighters, Mark Coleman at age 44 was a joy to watch. The fans also really loved him. It wasn't an exciting fight but the fans were proud of him. For a 44 year old to come back in and dominate a much younger and faster opponent in Steve Bonnar (30 yo) is really something. I don't think there's really anyone else he can fight, so he can retire on top with this great victory if he wanted to.

GSP was the same old GSP -- especially in light of him pulling his groin in the 3rd round, yet still dominating all 5 rounds. Right now his legacy in the welterweight division is rock solid and will stand in history. If he chooses to step up and fight Anderson Silva at 185 I think it will tarnish it a bit (he is not likely to win), but right now he's the greatest welterweight on par with Matt Hughes; many would say GSP is even better.

I wouldn't mind seeing Lesnar vs Carwin. Both fighters height is about the same, Lesnar's weight is about 10-20 lbs heavier.

Another good match up would have been Lesnar vs Rogers. If UFC signed Brett Rogers.

Yeah I mentioned Shane Carwin earlier as probably the next big thing for heavyweight. That dude needs custom-fitted gloves to cover those sledgehammers he's carrying on a daily basis. I haven't seen a guy that can completely knock out heavyweights with just a jab while back-pedaling. That dude is for real.

click to show/hide spoilers

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m255/lookslikemeband/Funny/bisping-redcoat.jpg')

If only gonzaga had the heart/brain of fedor he would be the greatest heavy weight champ ever imo=X...He always looks impressive then gets stopped/choked out or KTFO but somebody he should have beat. Before carwin layed him out I was pretty sure that he would either KO or submit lesnar.

Ya, I hope Carwin or Valesquez murders Lesnar and they have to drag his oversized carcass outta the octagon in a body bag. I can't stand the guy....either way Lesnar will have some thirty pound advantage over both guys (he cuts to the 265 limit) and is frekishly athletic for a guy his size...he'll be a tough fight for anybody...and he most likely will improve as well.

If only gonzaga had the heart/brain of fedor he would be the greatest heavy weight champ ever imo=X...He always looks impressive then gets stopped/choked out or KTFO but somebody he should have beat. Before carwin layed him out I was pretty sure that he would either KO or submit lesnar.

Ya, I hope Carwin or Valesquez murders Lesnar and they have to drag his oversized carcass outta the octagon in a body bag. I can't stand the guy....either way Lesnar will have some thirty pound advantage over both guys (he cuts to the 265 limit) and is frekishly athletic for a guy his size...he'll be a tough fight for anybody...and he most likely will improve as well.

After the upcoming event from Afflicition, Fedor vs Barnett, Dana White is going to sign Fedor to the UFC since his contract is up. Fedor vs Lesnar can happen if the UFC can sign Fedor
    Ha...we can only hope...I think everbody has been waiting for this since pride collapsed. I heard his manager stating something about refusing a deal that is not a co-promotion with M1 (plus rumors that they want UFC 2 pitch on a stadium in russia ..hoping that is bs)...and I can't picture that happening with the UFC seeing how their contract's are exclusive + screw over all the fighter's rights. All we can do is keep our fingers crossed.....Dana also stated that he will look to sign Barnett if he gets the win over Fedor....

I personally have nothing against Brock. He came from humble beginnings and has earned his right to fight. He even approached Randy Couture for lessons after defeating Randy. He knows who's good, and he knows what it takes to beat them.

That being said, I feel that he belongs in a super-heavyweight class, because he carries such a distinct advantage with that amount of size and athleticism. There just aren't that many fighters with those attributes to compete against him. Maybe Shane Carwin.

I don't think Cain Velasquez can bang with Brock. Cain can take blows to the body very well, but not headstrikes from the likes of Brock or Carwin.

And Gonzaga I think is absolutely terrifying to fight against. But, I don't think he was robbed vs. Shane Carwin. If you've weathered a broken nose and takedown from Gabriel Gonzaga, then managed to knock him out with one punch, you've earned that win.

ya..I can't stand him because he's a prick and talks a wack of sh*t. He was even talking trash about Couture before their fight. If you look at his record he had a whopping 3 fights and then he got a title shot. You would think he would be a little bit more humble but the guy just comes off as a disrespectful bastard.

I was actually cheering for him until the he did the whole fishing reel thing against Hearing and then getting into a disoriented Mir's face after the fight...what class.. I realize they were jawing at each other in the lead up to UFC 100 to build hype..but he took the WWE thing a bit too far. I won't even touch his "f*ck Fedor statement"....who is he to even be mentioning arguably the greatest mma fighter of all time?

Anyways, I was reading Carwin's blog off Sherdog and he seems pretty pissed at Lesnar. Hopefully, they will meet and he can finally shut Lesnar's mouth.

With all that said...physically, the guys a beast and it's obvious he's put the time in at the gym. He just keeps looking better with each fight.

Well I agree with you, he runs his mouth off a lot. But he's also coming from WWE, and they script that stuff and he kind of carries that into the UFC to build hype.

But for sure, it's only a matter of time before someone shuts his mouth. It will probably be Carwin or Fedor. I'm impressed that Carwin ate 2 big shots from Gonzaga and was still standing. Strikes from Lesnar are a different story. Fedor suffers a distinct weight disadvantage and he is getting older. We'll have to see. If he beats both of those guys, then well I don't know what to say. Brock will definitely have earned his place at that point.

hahaha...I really REALLY hope that doesn't happen..but the definetly has the potential...