Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Trust me everyone, it's still good . I just finished watching episode 16 and it's so exciting...Cun Xi seems to matured and looked really handsome now. I can't believe i have to wait till next week to see ep 17...i'm reallhy glad that they extended this series.
    ****Love, Live, and watch Asian Series****

I like this series too. It didn't bored me. Every episodes had something special..
    But I felt sory for Dylan, he is such a very nice guy, so carrying... I felt sorry because all of us almost know how this story will end, that Xin Yi will end up with Zun Xi.

Hope to get great surprises at the end

I don't understand how anyone can remain sympathetic to Anna's situation at all. She's so selfish. She expects Cun Xi to wait 2 years for her to pursue her career but she can't wait 7 months? How is that fair? She always forces everyone else to cater to her feelings and how hurt she is. Yet Xin Yi is the one who is risking her life to carry that baby and you ask her to not care about the baby after he is born? Just give her money and have her go home? WTF? Anna is a selfish biatch! How dare she give fake abortion agreement papers! That despicable, non-human, barbie, attentionfreak~! ARGH! I blame her for what happened to Xin Yi and Nian Pin.
    Last edited by Suet Seung; 07-06-08 at 01:08 AM.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Does anyone know the name of the actor who plays Zhong Shan Long, the ceramic artist? I've seen him in many Taiwanese series before but can't seem to remember which ones right now.

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    Does anyone know the name of the actor who plays Zhong Shan Long, the ceramic artist? I've seen him in many Taiwanese series before but can't seem to remember which ones right now.
    The actor who plays Master Zhong Shan Long is Yue Yao Li... He's been in 9 out of 10 Taiwanese series I've seen; this dates back to the earlier 1980s... I've been watching him in series since my early childhood... He's a good actor, but dear God, he's in everything and everything! As much as I complain about seeing him; I can honestly say, its only a habit... He is one of the better elder Taiwanese actor in the business! I can't stand a lot of the older ones!

Yue Yai Li has been in series such as:

Eternal Love (with Kenny Bee and Leanne Liu - early 1980s), he portrays as Kenny Bee's father.

State of Divinity (with Richie Ren and Anita Yuen - 2000), he portrays as one of Richie's master.

Flying Daggers (with Julian Cheung and Ruby Lin - 2003 I think), he portrays as Dong Jie (I think that's her name)'s father.

Madam White Snake (with Fann Wong - 200?), I forgot who he played!
    Wind and Cloud II (with Vincent Zhao, Peter Ho, and Crystal Huang Yi - 200?), one of the characters...

Palm of Ru Lai (with Julian Cheung and Anita Yuen - 2004), he portrays as Phyllis and Anita's father.

Miracle Healers (with Alyssa Chia and Vincent Zhao - 200?), he portrays as Alyssa's father.

Hui Niang Wan Xin (with Li Bing Bing and Liu Xiao ??? - 2006), he portrats as Liu's father.

Butterfly Lovers (with Peter Ho and Dong Jie (again, I think that's her name)), he portrays as Peter's father.

Anyways, lets just say; he's in A LOT A LOT of series!
    Amy Chan Sau Man and Maggie Cheung Ho Yee 4ever!

$this->handle_bbcode_url(str_replace('\"', '"', 'http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/Linh-e-Pooh/AmyChanandKennethChan.jpg'), '')

Thanks Linh-e-pooh. I remember now. I've seen him in some Qiong Yao serials, he's always the nose-flaring, angry eyes dad of some starcrossed lovers.

It's kind of refreshing to see him in here as a happy looking artist, quite charming.

Quote Originally Posted by Linh-e-Pooh View Post
    The actor who plays Master Zhong Shan Long is Yue Yao Li... He's been in 9 out of 10 Taiwanese series I've seen; this dates back to the earlier 1980s... I've been watching him in series since my early childhood... He's a good actor, but dear God, he's in everything and everything! As much as I complain about seeing him; I can honestly say, its only a habit... He is one of the better elder Taiwanese actor in the business! I can't stand a lot of the older ones!

Yue Yai Li has been in series such as:

Eternal Love (with Kenny Bee and Leanne Liu - early 1980s), he portrays as Kenny Bee's father.

State of Divinity (with Richie Ren and Anita Yuen - 2000), he portrays as one of Richie's master.

Flying Daggers (with Julian Cheung and Ruby Lin - 2003 I think), he portrays as Dong Jie (I think that's her name)'s father.

Madam White Snake (with Fann Wong - 200?), I forgot who he played!
    Wind and Cloud II (with Vincent Zhao, Peter Ho, and Crystal Huang Yi - 200?), one of the characters...

Palm of Ru Lai (with Julian Cheung and Anita Yuen - 2004), he portrays as Phyllis and Anita's father.

Miracle Healers (with Alyssa Chia and Vincent Zhao - 200?), he portrays as Alyssa's father.

Hui Niang Wan Xin (with Li Bing Bing and Liu Xiao ??? - 2006), he portrats as Liu's father.

Butterfly Lovers (with Peter Ho and Dong Jie (again, I think that's her name)), he portrays as Peter's father.

Anyways, lets just say; he's in A LOT A LOT of series!

Isn't Yue Yao Li the one that played Tong Yong's(HU Ge) father in TWFX?? He also played Tang Bo Hu(Huang Xiao Ming)'s father in Feng Liu Shao Nian Tang Bo Hu. No wonder he looked familiar. THanks for the info! I get impatient when watching this series so I am just skipping around right now... By the way, I was planning to get the soundtrack for it as well so what do you guys think of it??I am hoping to get some feedback before I get it...
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

I'm glad Chen Xin Yi has grown stronger and Ji Cun Xi has become gentler during their separation. It just seems Anna has changed very little.

I am currently residing in TaiPei and honestly, the promotional stuff on the tube for this series is crazy. No wonder it has such high ratings. It's also showing in at least two channels.

I saw episode 17 last night and am liking the growth of the main characters, too. Though like most, Anna is really getting on my nerves. I understand why she's the way she is, but I can't stand her. But unlike many, I am not liking Dylan too much. Maybe it's b/c he's a bit too understanding, a bit too perfect, and a bit too busy-body. Don't know. Oh well, third-wells make shows more interesting.
    How come most 江湖 (jiānghú) wanderers never worry about money? I wonder how a 大俠 (dàxiá) make a living...does meddling in people's business and righting wrongs pay well?

I was so desperate to watch ep 17 that i actually watch it without eng subtitle...geez, the kissing scene is so crazy..hhehehe..

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    Thanks Linh-e-pooh. I remember now. I've seen him in some Qiong Yao serials, he's always the nose-flaring, angry eyes dad of some starcrossed lovers.

It's kind of refreshing to see him in here as a happy looking artist, quite charming.
    I agree with you; thanks goodness Yue has a 'charming' and 'charismatic' character here... Its a very good change, and definitely appreciated!

$this->handle_bbcode_url(str_replace('\"', '"', 'http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/Linh-e-Pooh/AmyChanandKennethChan.jpg'), '')

Quote Originally Posted by Trinie View Post
    Isn't Yue Yao Li the one that played Tong Yong's(HU Ge) father in TWFX?? He also played Tang Bo Hu(Huang Xiao Ming)'s father in Feng Liu Shao Nian Tang Bo Hu. No wonder he looked familiar. THanks for the info! I get impatient when watching this series so I am just skipping around right now... By the way, I was planning to get the soundtrack for it as well so what do you guys think of it??I am hoping to get some feedback before I get it...
    I love the series and all the music used in the series fits in perfectly and the lyrics are so fun and so true... I love the sub-theme and the theme... They're amazing!

The soundtrack is definitely worth buying, IMO... Its awesome!

By the way, Shorty... The singer of the theme... She's going to have a cameo in the series... A NURSE...

Quote Originally Posted by MysticDust View Post
    I am currently residing in TaiPei and honestly, the promotional stuff on the tube for this series is crazy. No wonder it has such high ratings. It's also showing in at least two channels.

I saw episode 17 last night and am liking the growth of the main characters, too. Though like most, Anna is really getting on my nerves. I understand why she's the way she is, but I can't stand her. But unlike many, I am not liking Dylan too much. Maybe it's b/c he's a bit too understanding, a bit too perfect, and a bit too busy-body. Don't know. Oh well, third-wells make shows more interesting.
    I like Dylan, but I do admit... His perfections makes him... I DON'T KNOW, unbeliavle, therefore, I don't care too much for such a person. Yes, I love Baron as an actor and I do adore what Dylan does for Xin Yi; but that doesn't mean I don't ask myself whether I like him or is it because he's just too good? I guess Dylan's the reason why I love Cun Xi more!

so true!!!
    What you think, is what you do....what you do, is what you are.......

Quote Originally Posted by MysticDust View Post

Hi Mystic Dust,
    Nice to see you here. Why are you in Taipei? Lucky you, I want to go there one day and really miss my friend who is from there... Is this series currently airing in Taipei? Anyways, why don't you like Anna(is that Bianca's character?)What did she do? I haven't been watching since I get impatient at certain parts and just skip around. I think I may get the DVD or if I have the patience, I will just watch it on Youtube to see if it is worth getting on DVD or not... What do you think of this series overall?
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Quote Originally Posted by Linh-e-Pooh View Post
    I love the series and all the music used in the series fits in perfectly and the lyrics are so fun and so true... I love the sub-theme and the theme... They're amazing!

The soundtrack is definitely worth buying, IMO... Its awesome!

By the way, Shorty... The singer of the theme... She's going to have a cameo in the series... A NURSE...
    Hi,
    Thanks for your feedback! I will get the soundtrack then.. It is great to hear that the singer of the theme will have a cameo too. What do you think of this series overall? How many eps will there be in all? I hope that it isn't to draggy... THanks!

It's getting more draggy towards the later episodes. The beginning was kinda comedic and refreshing, but it seems like the plot is slowing down. I wish they didn't try to milk it for it's worth after they got high ratings, and cut more of Anna out because she's totally getting on my nerves.

Quote Originally Posted by 999roses View Post
    It's getting more draggy towards the later episodes. The beginning was kinda comedic and refreshing, but it seems like the plot is slowing down. I wish they didn't try to milk it for it's worth after they got high ratings, and cut more of Anna out because she's totally getting on my nerves.
    I thought this show wasn't your cup of tea, so I'm surprised you're even watching it at all.

click to show/hide spoilers
    I think the plot is slowing down because its drawing to a near end. I think its reasonable for them to show the main couple maturing after two years. I mean had they ended show with Ji Nian Pin's birth, theres still this unresolved relationship between Cun Xi and Anna. Chen Xin Yi would still be that weak girl and Cun Xi would still be that hot tempered selfish guy. So I think the way they have it now...Cun Xi's love for XY has matured and Anna is back on her feet with a ballet school of her own.

Well I hope they end the series at episode 20 or something. Otherwise, I'd consider it to be draggy unless they have other logical plot driving stories.

Hi Trinie, thanks for the acknowlegement. I'm actually studying abroad in Taipei right now (gonna be here for two months studying chinese). And yes, the show is currently airing. The lastest ep. is 17 here. It shows on at least two channels during the weekend. I think it will end soon. Maybe at ep. 20 or 21 (I hope). I think the series is def. worth investing in. Yes, it gets frustrating, I admit to skipping several eps., but there are sweet moments in between. Since my chinese is poor, I actually enjoy watching online with the subs though.

I personally enjoy the relationships in this show. I like Xin Yi's sisters and mother. They can be slightly annoying, but I love them. Her conversation with her mother in private, I think, are really sweet. And her second sister, while she tend to over-act, is really likeable at times.

I also think Cun Xi and Xin Yi are sweet as a couple. I don't like it that he can't cut his ties with Anna (yes, played by Bianca) however. That's the problem with idol dramas, main characters are not very explicit in their refusals and/or are too indecisive sometimes. (Maybe this is why I will always support meteror garden I, in that at least Dou Ming Si have a clear/stubborn understanding of who he wants. I can't say the same for San Cai, however. And I refuse to watch the 2nd one; sorry for referencing another drama, but I am rewatching it here, since they are re-airing the show on the tube).
    How come most 江湖 (jiānghú) wanderers never worry about money? I wonder how a 大俠 (dàxiá) make a living...does meddling in people's business and righting wrongs pay well?

the first two parts of ep 17 was hot but i'm kinda disappointed with the rest of the episode..it does feel like this series will end soon from the way the plot is..

I did favored Dylan at the begining but now toward the end, i think he's not my cup of tea anymore...Cun Xi is starting to be cute for some reason..