Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: ~Art Galleria~

Quote Originally Posted by remember_Cedric View Post
    "haven't done for so many years now"? Now, are you giving me hints on you do draw too? Come'on! Let's share the idea of arts will ya?
    I don't mind sharing arts but my technique is shallow compared to yours.

I live out of a suitcase, but the heart is at home on the lake.

Quote Originally Posted by Bangs View Post
    Oh c'mon, don't be so modest, dear. Show us what you got.

Hey there Bangs, Bella is right. Show your pieces of artwork. I wouldn't say who is better than whom. When art is concerned, I always believe that each artist has their own talent and uniqueness so long as their artwork is done not just for money but interest. That's my respect for arts.

I'm not the best student in my class back then, when pencil skills are concerned. But I was given credit for my attitude towards the approach for arts. My philosophy: Do it with your heart, or don't do it at all.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

Hey there Bangs, Bella is right. Show your pieces of artwork. I wouldn't say who is better than whom. When art is concerned, I always believe that each artist has their own talent and uniqueness so long as their artwork is done not just for money but interest. That's my respect for arts.

I'm not the best student in my class back then, when pencil skills are concerned. But I was given credit for my attitude towards the approach for arts. My philosophy: Do it with your heart, or don't do it at all.
    That's the thing, I have given it up long ago becoz I knew it wasn't for me although I had some skills or so to speak. Anyway, I'm not shy to show what I can do, I'll post one up tomorrow as it is already 10pm atm.

And you still owe us your wuxia portrayals.

EDIT:

Here's my share of art:
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y218/Bangs2/Sketches/yang_guo01.jpg')

It's my chibi rendition of Yang Guo pre 16 years and after his arm got cut off. I don't know how to color so I just did pure pencil sketching.
    Last edited by Bangs; 02-18-08 at 02:30 PM.

Hey Bangs, that's not bad at all. There're a fwe things you may wish to take note of. That is:-

1) the expression. Alittle dull on the facial expression. Meaning, he doesn't look glooomy, depressed, sad or anything.

2) proportion on the eyes. practice.

3) Work on the head. Chibi characters rightfully goes with bigger heads, short body.

4) the right side of his hair is transparent?

I think you did a good job overall. I like your details on the drawings, and that 3D feel of the character.

I usually draw animals or kids, so I need sometime to do character portrays...especially wuxia
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

Thanks for the tips, I'll try better next attempt. I seriously didn't improve since over a decade ago, I guess that's the price to pay for going MIA. I promise to do a doubled effort just for you.

4) I tried to portray YG's white streak of hair but didn't shade it enough to make it crystal clear.

wow nj bangs

btw cedrick, can i request a pic of wei xiao bao and his 7 wives
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Thanks for the tips, I'll try better next attempt. I seriously didn't improve since over a decade ago, I guess that's the price to pay for going MIA. I promise to do a doubled effort just for you.

4) I tried to portray YG's white streak of hair but didn't shade it enough to make it crystal clear.
    No problemo, Bangs. Practice not only improves on your skills on drawing, it helps on your judgment in the artwork too.

Thank you, for you'll put in effort for me, also for others who'll appreciate your artwork and for yourself (to be proud of your artwork).

I see. If you do a drawing only with pencil, you could shade darker on other parts of hair and lighter when it comes to the grey strand of hair.

Another thing I realised, the piece of his "clothe" covering the broken arm (cloak?), it could be drawn wider and larger. You know what I mean. Props of a character helps to project the personality of the character.

I could show you this character of mine projecting that similar stand, also done with pure pencil. Yet another animal. Forgive me, I'm too obsessed with animals haha.

If you are interested in using colours for drawings, I could share this "Colour psychology" lesson with you. Every colour has its personality. Colours helps to blind/hide some flaws of our drawing. It could also help to emphasis the moods/atmostphere of the character/place etc.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://photos-077.ll.facebook.com/photos-ll-sf2p/v199/166/90/558552077/n558552077_423836_9044.jpg')

Here you go, Bangs. But I have this habit of keeping my pencil shading and outlining light. I like what you did, you darken the necessary areas nicely. I think I'm not confident in doing darker outlining.

LuNar, that's alittle too much to ask lol. It's like drawing Snow White and seven dwarfs LMAO. Ok, since I'm thinking of which Wuxia charcter to draw, I will try that flirtatious baldy Can you tell them the main personalities of his individual wives? Thanks
    Last edited by remember_Cedric; 02-20-08 at 10:51 AM.

No problemo, Bangs. Practice not only improves on your skills on drawing, it helps on your judgment in the artwork too.

Thank you, for you'll put in effort for me, also for others who'll appreciate your artwork and for yourself (to be proud of your artwork).

I see. If you do a drawing only with pencil, you could shade darker on other parts of hair and lighter when it comes to the grey strand of hair.

Another thing I realised, the piece of his "clothe" covering the broken arm (cloak?), it could be drawn wider and larger. You know what I mean. Props of a character helps to project the personality of the character.

I could show you this character of mine projecting that similar stand, also done with pure pencil. Yet another animal. Forgive me, I'm too obsessed with animals haha.

If you are interested in using colours for drawings, I could share this "Colour psychology" lesson with you. Every colour has its personality. Colours helps to blind/hide some flaws of our drawing. It could also help to emphasis the moods/atmostphere of the character/place etc.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://photos-077.ll.facebook.com/photos-ll-sf2p/v199/166/90/558552077/n558552077_423836_9044.jpg')

Here you go, Bangs. But I have this habit of keeping my pencil shading and outlining light. I like what you did, you darken the necessary areas nicely. I think I'm not confident in doing darker outlining.

LuNar, that's alittle too much to ask lol. It's like drawing Snow White and seven dwarfs LMAO. Ok, since I'm thinking of which Wuxia charcter to draw, I will try that flirtatious baldy Can you tell them the main personalities of his individual wives? Thanks
    Very Impressive! Its cool with me if you love drawing animals, it represents what kind of artist you are for it brings out the best in you. I'll draw an art once a week when I have my day off, that way I'll see if there's any improvement lolx.

@Lunar: Thanx man, share some artworks if you could draw.

ok lets see, 1 is super kind and very loyal
    1 is very hot temperered
    1 is extremely nice and quiet
    1 is older than the guy by like, i say, 5 years and she is a bit manly
    1 is super bossy
    another 1 is also bossy, but the demanding attention kinda bossy
    and another 1 is also extremely nice and quiet, but she is also young, i say at least 5 years younger than the guy.

@bangs: my drawing isnt bad, im actually the master of stick figures

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR View Post
    ok lets see, 1 is super kind and very loyal
    1 is very hot temperered
    1 is extremely nice and quiet
    1 is older than the guy by like, i say, 5 years and she is a bit manly
    1 is super bossy
    another 1 is also bossy, but the demanding attention kinda bossy
    and another 1 is also extremely nice and quiet, but she is also young, i say at least 5 years younger than the guy.

@bangs: my drawing isnt bad, im actually the master of stick figures
    Thanks, LuNar! I'm the Mastress of Procrastinators, so.....I'll work on the drawing Gimme me some time ya...

P/s: the pink area, is what we called "Shadow casting". Someone please advise if my shadow casting could pass off for 65/100?

Sorry, I know I'm supposed to do something Wuxia...but, but, but....forgive me :P

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://pistis.altervista.org/suppskmk/fan_art/slanif/sendo_koshino.jpg')

Someone asked for drawings of human? That's my ugly human drawing :P I think my left hand writing always win my right. COmpare both writing...big difference

Credits to my 36 pieces coloured markers, branded LuNar... I mean Luna. Heh!
    Last edited by remember_Cedric; 02-23-08 at 07:54 AM.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://farm1.static.flickr.com/229/479053951_6527edece9.jpg')
    The Emo "imthatlady" Bunny in process...

Oh yeaah! I'm a kidult!
    HAHA wth. thanks >_>
    number of piercings - 8 and counting.

<3 them.

Quote Originally Posted by imthatlady View Post
    HAHA wth. thanks >_>
    LOL Not wtf? Thank you for being polite with me

Good one, but this time its you who didn't get the proportions right.

Thanks for drawing my favorite Slam Dunk character Sendoh.

Thanks, LuNar! I'm the Mastress of Procrastinators, so.....I'll work on the drawing Gimme me some time ya...

P/s: the pink area, is what we called "Shadow casting". Someone please advise if my shadow casting could pass off for 65/100?

Sorry, I know I'm supposed to do something Wuxia...but, but, but....forgive me :P

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://pistis.altervista.org/suppskmk/fan_art/slanif/sendo_koshino.jpg')

Someone asked for drawings of human? That's my ugly human drawing :P I think my left hand writing always win my right. COmpare both writing...big difference

Credits to my 36 pieces coloured markers, branded LuNar... I mean Luna. Heh!
    lol nice job

btw are u asian?

Good one, but this time its you who didn't get the proportions right.

Thanks for drawing my favorite Slam Dunk character Sendoh.
    See, how I don't enjoy drawing humans .

Well, its a free-hand drawing. I started off with coloured markers. "Didn't get the proportions right" is an understatment haha. Let's just say that, there's no proportions, no nothing, its a totally bad drawing . Honestly, it is.

Does my shadow casting make sense? I mean, where the areas light supposed to reflect, and face areas supposed to be dark due to shadow cast? Or, does it simply look like patches of pink "sticking" on their faces?

I had a set collection of Slam Dunk comic. It's my favourite too. I like Miyagi best. That shorty from Shohoku Basketball team.

See, how I don't enjoy drawing humans .

Well, its a free-hand drawing. I started off with coloured markers. "Didn't get the proportions right" is an understatment haha. Let's just say that, there's no proportions, no nothing, its a totally bad drawing . Honestly, it is.

Does my shadow casting make sense? I mean, where the areas light supposed to reflect, and face areas supposed to be dark due to shadow cast? Or, does it simply look like patches of pink "sticking" on their faces?

I had a set collection of Slam Dunk comic. It's my favourite too. I like Miyagi best. That shorty from Shohoku Basketball team.
    I think the shadow casting is alright, there's not that much error that I can say about it. I think you did pretty well.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2232/2224105441_44a7066d31.jpg') The "GuGu" Bunny
    Haha I have to say the GuGu bunny is my favorite! I think it looks a little wasted though... What'd you use for that? Watercolor? Well I think you do a really good job with whatever medium you used for the GuGu and LuNar/Zombie bunnies

Wow, really nice artwork in here everyone. I'm impressed

As for myself, I'm not much of an art person and I think I shouldn't draw period, since the subject of one of my drawings (guess who) died about a month ago.
    I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know? -Ernest Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    Haha I have to say the GuGu bunny is my favorite! I think it looks a little wasted though... What'd you use for that? Watercolor? Well I think you do a really good job with whatever medium you used for the GuGu and LuNar/Zombie bunnies

As for myself, I'm not much of an art person and I think I shouldn't draw period, since the subject of one of my drawings (guess who) died about a month ago.
    u seem like u konw what ur talking about lets not by shy, show off ur art work too and who died

btw cedrick, hows the WXB and his 7 wives coming along *anxiously wait*

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post

hehehe that's why i like it.
    and i agree the coloring is very nice.
    looks very professional.