Thread: Ren & Du meridians

Default Ren & Du meridians

任督二脉 are supposed to be extremely difficult to open.

But does it say anything about the person's martial arts level if he has opened those channels?

By a quick search, Little Dragon Girl in early ROCH cracked it open.
    Di Yun got it open too through a freak accident.

Can we assume that everyone at Murong Fu's level or above definitely had them opened?
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Mount Olympus, sipping nectar and eating ambrosia

Because some time ago I did some research on Yuan Qi, I read some articles on Taoist internal alchemy.

[任脈] known as the Conception Vessel starts from the perineum and goes through the anterior midline of the abdomen. It passes through the cheek and finally enters one of the eye sockets. It meets with all the Yin meridians and is also called the Sea of Yin Meridians. This vessel is reponsible for all the qi from the Yin Meridians.

[督脈] known as the Governor Vessel starts from the perineum just above the buttocks and goes up the spinal column and ends in the head. This vessel meets all the Yang meridians and is called the Sea of Yang Meridians. It is reponsible for all the qi from the Yang Meridians.

In Qi Cultivation opening up these two vessels means that you've successfully created a harmonious Qi flow through your body, this is known as [小周天功,也稱為先天功] in Chinese. It's also apparently the start to opening and channeling your own life force. It's a major step forward in one's internal energy cultivation (especially in wuxia fiction).

This is based on my limited knowledge on Taoist internal alchemy. I'm sure true Taoists like the forum member Wang Chong Yang might have something more to say.
    So huge, so hopeless, to conceive
    As these that twice befell
    Parting is all we know of heaven
    And all we need of hell.

Emily Dickinson (1830-1886)

Wow, Athena is there anything you're not knowledgeable about? Maybe we should have a "Wuxia - Test Your Knowledge" thread and see who's the most knowledgeable. Although, we know a handful of experts here already, I wonder who posseses most knowledge on Wuxia here? It'll be like a Hua Shan Tournament between the Greats of our forum.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.